main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten (NJO- post Rebirth, tagged, Completed 12\30\02, *sniff*)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by padawan lunetta, Aug 15, 2001.

1. Jedi_Jewl

Jedi_Jewl Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2001
    I think TFN ate my post... [face_plain] Well, here it is again:

I think I'm going to cry. *does so* Oh, Lainey! I don't know whether to hug you or scold you...

*does both*

Helaine Trillium: YOU ARE NOT ANAKIN SKYWALKER!!

*cuddles the poor thing close* It's okay, just wear the necklace and when you finally figure yourself out, he'll be right there waiting for you. Don't cry, dear, everything will be just fine.

*glances at Luney* RIGHT?

Oh, and it's a good thing if it doesn't seem short! It means the extra quality quite makes up for the shorter length. Take this post, for example... :)

Sarah >^,,^<

2. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    Argh, posted under my sister's name by accident! Sorry Jewl! :(

Sarah >^,,^<

3. Jedi_Jewl

Jedi_Jewl Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2001
    No problem, Sarah. :) I was only slightly worried when I saw Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten on my recent posts and began to think,

Okay. A. I've got an evil twin, B. I post on stories I've never read in my sleep, or C. Someone accidently posted under my...*opens link* YUP! :D

Sorry, am I giving you a hard time? I'll stop. Though, ya know, this could all wash right over...all I really want's your Lord of the Rings visual comp- WHY NOOOT?! Sorry, sorry, I'm being a pill. I'll go now.

See you guys!

Layaa maer, na um knossinari,

~Chloe

4. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    For the last time: quit asking about my LOTR Visual Companion!!! I'm *not* giving it away! :p

And thanks for being understanding.

Namarie, na um knossinari.

Sarah >^,,^<

5. Trixter_Goddess

Trixter_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2002
    Hello! I've been reading this for awhile, but never actually posted.( [face_blush] Yes, I was lurking. But not anymore).

Awwwwwwwwwwwww....poor Lainey. I mean Helaine. 8-} Whatever. Anyway, I feel so sorry for her. She still feels that she's forbidden to love, yet she loves Armand. It's so sad. :_|

But I'm sure you'll make it better, lunetta. Right?
    You have to post more, and soon.

6. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    **contemplates thwacking sense into Lainey but decides that would be cruel**

**sigh** Will that girl ever learn? :p

Very bittersweet post, Luney. ;)

7. Marie_Jadewalker

Marie_Jadewalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2000
    Wow, Lunners. I am impressed.

I appologize for falling behind. As I was catching up I got scared that you'd finished it and were going to hate me forever. :( I'm glad that's not the case. (You still love me, right?)

Armand and Helaine are enough to make me want to cry. Although, I was cheering when she didn't take the necklace off. I want to hug her again, fictional though she is. I love her for standing by her beliefs even though she hates it, but I hope she eventually comes to a new understanding.

And I liked your explanation of why midichlorian knowledge wasn't passed on to Luke. That doesn't mean I like midichlorians in the first place, though. :p

PS: I think you're Eye Candy, Kirky. ;)

8. Trixter_Goddess

Oct 27, 2002
    Giving this a little UP!

9. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    Post please?

10. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    POST, WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

11. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    We need a post!!! Please??? [face_beg]

12. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Need post!!!!

13. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  14. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    postie soon?

Jez

15. Halcyon03

Halcyon03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2002
    Up!!!

Yoohoo! Postie soon? Please??? [face_beg]

I'm gonna start suffering from withdrawal... :D

16. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
  17. Trixter_Goddess

Oct 27, 2002
    This was way too far down in the boards. So I'm here to give it an UP!

Any chance that we might have a post soon. [face_hopeful] Not that I'm rushing you or anything. ;)

18. LilSilverPhoenix

LilSilverPhoenix Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2002
    Great fic so far Padawan lunetta! Post soon?

19. Sarah_K

Jun 10, 2001
    Up!

Sarah >^,,^<

20. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999

Jade_Skywalker: Thanks girlie :-D

Lt_Jaina_Solo: Thanks! *fluffs hair* *blinks* wait... do you mean the post? ;)

Sebulba2179: Thanks Sebulby... sorry I'm not a kindred spirit..yet :)

Jedi_Liz: Thanks and no, Lukie doesn't ;)

Zara_Rose: THanks... I love to explain things.. which must be why I wrote this story ;)

jade51999: *beams* Thanks.. (what more can I say? ;))

RebelMom: YOUNG Mommy? She's in her 60's! ;)

Halcyon03: lol..thanks

Jez_3-14159265358979: Thanks Jezzy Girl :)

ROGUE_49: With what I have planned... are you SURE you want to see Corran? ;) You think Armand and Lainey ACTUALLY end up together?!

DarthLothi: :p (Thanks baby ;))

Admiral_Lelila: Thanks :)

MariahJade2: THanks, and Corran MAY set them straight...maybe ;)

Sarah_K: THanks girlie *hands over a tissue* Glad that short posts aren't bad ;)

Trixter_Goddess: Hey I love it when lurkers delurk or people do marathon reads...it's very flattering. Thanks and make it better? It needs fixed? ;)

Sache8: Never thwack.. just smite ;)

Marie_Jadewalker: Thanks oncemushawannaymine! YOu may hate the midichlorians... but they must be addressed ;)

Gimperdoodle: You are in SO much trouble for saying nothing more than "Post Woman!" ;)

LilSilverPhoenix: Hey, another marathon reader! I love you guys! Thanks :)

Sorry it is taking so long peoples, work and end of term work\tests is killing me! I AM slowly working on it though!

21. ROGUE_49

Apr 14, 2002
    Ahh!!! You scare me Luney! -Rogue

22. Trixter_Goddess

Oct 27, 2002
    You're scaring me too! [face_shocked] You mean you might not end with Lainey and Armand together! But they're so good together! :_|

Impatiently awating the next post.

23. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
  24. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *innocent look to Rogue and Trixter*

uppeth for new story post...

25. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999

Chapter 36
    Jedi Headquarters, Imperial City, Coruscant

Luke Skywalker knocked softly on Helaine Trillium's door, hoping the girl was awake . She'd been sleeping when he first tried to talk to her; and he hadn't wanted to wake her up from a much needed rest. Fairly certain she'd ask again to go to Mantooine, Luke knew he couldn't say no. It had certainly been the case with Mara and Mirax. He heard footsteps in the room, followed by a tired looking Lainey opening the door. "Master Skywalker," She said in greeting, bowing to him.

Inclining his head in greeting, Luke said, "Hello, Lainey. May I talk to you for a moment?"

"Of course," Lainey replied, stepping away from the door. With a wave of her hand, she added, "Please come in."

"Thank you," Luke answered politely, stepping into her dorm room. He gestured her to sit on her bed, while he took a seat in her desk chair."I know this is difficult for you but...I need more information about Valdemar."

Lainey stiffened slightly, folding her hands on her lap to mask her response. "What do you know?"

"Well, I know that he lives on Mantooine, has some sort of vendetta against Jedi, and is able to block our connection to the Force with a drug. Cilghal did some testing on it, and found that it affects only a certain micro-organism in the blood. It turns them inactive." He paused, resting his chin in his hands to lower the formality of the discussion, and put her at ease. "What else can you tell me?"

"I'm pretty sure his organization is small, I only saw two of them. I don't think he has any vendetta against the Jedi...," She hesitated, looking at her hands. "It gives him perverse pleasure to break past your emotional shields, because Jedi fight so hard to maintain them." She wrung her hands, sighing. "I didn't fare well."

Luke took her hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. "It's okay," he paused, catching her gaze. "The Force sent you there for a reason, you know."

Lainey nodded. "Yes... Master Yoda said I would serve it best by going to Mantooine, instead of helping fight the war. I think I understand why now." She paused, wondering how to bring up something that had been on her mind. She elected the direct approach. "He skipped something in your training, you know."

Blinking, Luke asked, "What? How can you tell?"

Shrugging her shoulders slightly, Lainey replied, "It's evident in the way you train your students, and their perceptions of the Force. It's nothing critical, I suppose. You've obviously done fine without it, and probably would have for a long time, with your advesaries only being able to use ysalamiri to block your use of the Force, after Valdemar. But I imagine your numbers would stay small."

Luke was definitely curious as to what she was alluding to, but he had learned to wait patiently. While Lainey said it probably wasn't critical, Luke wondered what was so obviously lacking in their knowledge of the Force. The fact that she mentioned his old master, Yoda, peeked his curiosity. Yet, he knew better, Lainey hadn't had long to adjust to the new time frame, and the Jedi purge was still fresh on her mind. "What is it?" Luke asked, prompting her to speak again.

Lainey took on a lecturing tone, "The midichlorians, Master Skywalker. They're micro-organisms that live in your blood, creating a symbiotic relationship. A Jedi cannot touch the Force without these conduits and messengers of the Force. These are the micro-organisms Healer Cilghal found and noticed were inactive under the influence of Valdemar's drug." Lainey took a breath. "If she had chosen to take a count of them, she probably would have noticed that mine ranged in the 10,000 while Valdemar's people would likely be less than 6,000. The higher your midichlorian count, the stronger you are in the Force." She paused. "Every child born into the Republic was tested for them, and whether or not they trained, their count was in their medical records." She shivered, "that made the purges easier and mo