main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Share your headcanons!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Gruntz, Aug 6, 2018.

1. YoungSmitty2

YoungSmitty2 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2017
    Shaak Ti took the spot of Ahsoka Tano during the Rebellion period in Legends. As in, she was one of the head informants of the early rebellion spy network (along with Rahm Kota and other factions) until her death on Felucia.

Revanfan1 and CosmoHender like this.
  2. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    Some headcanon about the unnamed members of the Shadow Council in the Mandalorian:
    • Lon Donell (I was tempted to make him High Admiral Teradoc, but the character is refered to as "commander" by Pellaeon as if he's a lower ranking officer and Donell seems like a good fit as an alternative if we assume he just promoted himself a few ranks): pirate kingpin operating out of the Barpine system
    • Ysanne Isard: ex head of COMPNOR/OIP, now ruling as the Dictator of Thyferra.
    • Arndell Lott: repersenting the Eriadu Authority on behalf of Superior General Delvardus.
    • Grand Moff Randd (he has to be in somewhere and the guy pictured is the one who seems to fit best): head of Imperial forces in the Queluhan Sector.
    • Kaplan.
    • Malfkla Yzu (either genderbent or trans): repersenting a coalition of Deep Core warlords.
    Additionally, Hux is repesenting the proto-FO on behalf of Grand Admiral Sloane and Pellaeon is nominally the repersentative of the Teradoc brothers but remains a strong voice speaking on behalf of the still-MIA Thrawn.

Re. the Moff Council and it's structure, maybe it's something like this.
    • The six LOTF moffs are all High Moffs controlling multipule sectors after the Empire expanded following the Vong War (not quite full-sized oversectors, but more like "sector blocks")
    • During the reforms of Fel I, the council was restructured as an executive body (hence why it's members seem to hold ministerial positions), with a legislature below them that actually repersented Imperial worlds. The members are high moffs, but the head of the council is a grand moff (let's presume that Veed was not head of the council when the Sith coup took place, but rather the acting head for an unseen member who was'nt present becuase he was trapped elsewhere by the coup and killed becuase he was a stuance Fel loyalist). Each member of the council is appointed from the ranks of the Empire's regular moffs, hence the "we all control a sector" line (they have independent power outside of that they derive from the council as ministers.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2023
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    @K2771991 I was going to write up a headcanon assigning Replacement Warlords (Gann, Tethys, Shargael) to the Shadow Council! Love this.

We did have 29-30 Moffs in LotF though, I would say. O:)

22 at the start of Invincible, with a quarter dead before.

I assume you mean the six Legacy Moffs?

K2771991 likes this.
  4. Havoc123

Havoc123 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 26, 2013
    I would suggest making Veed a Supreme Moff. Its the rank Tarkin aspired to in the ANH Novelization, and we can infer that it would've been a bone thrown to him to replace Amedda/Pestage, possibly. So we can guess that the rank was made, but no one ever occupied it until the Moffs fully replaced the Imperial Ruling Council.

5. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Regarding the Mando tv Shadow Council:

I love that they truly feel like Warlords in how they dress, but given ranks and projects they feel more like the Council is no Mofference, but rather a practical assembly of all branches of the Empire's Remnants. Also that Council members seem not to be fixed but can send proxys to speak in their name is practical depending what is discussed at hand. It even seemed as some are more science focussed (Hux) while others are more army (unnamed guy) or navy focussed (Pellaeon) or maybe even intel (either Gideon or that unnamed Lady?).

So we can have the FO via Sloane / Hux etc. alternating between those two. I wonder from where Hux operates if these are the Warlords that have to be careful to not draw NR attention at figuring out concerted efforts. Either Hux and FO are in the UR still, then they are safe to play around more than the others and have more ressources to spare and send to Gideon like he did, or Hux left the UR to have a base as a Warlord somewhere. Given Project Necromancer I do wonder... will it be Mount Tantiss in Live Action after Bad Batch will be done with it after Season 3?
    I hope Project Necromancer uses the "No one's ever really gone" quote in a creepy way when introducing their zombies of some thought to be dead characters. They need to get Kemp back to author some books around that!

For a splitsecond when seeing the asian Imperial on the Council I was all like... Roganda Ismaren, is that you?

I headcanon that Shaak Ti's every death is canon and that gave the Sith quite a headache in how that can be. The trick she pulled was Force Doppelganger, which she is a secret Master thereof. She used it to evade many a death until TFU.

Also she was mistaken for Ahsoka and vice versa several times by people unable to keep them apart in their adult years leading to some confusion who of them actually did what for the Rebellion.

K2771991 and QuinlanSolo like this.
  6. Kadar Ordo

Kadar Ordo Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 9, 2021
    Contrary to Kreia's predictions, Brianna became a Jedi Battlemaster rather than a historian, a role that is better suited (and already filled) by Mical. It was because of the influence of her Echani teachings that Jedi Guardians took to wearing armor even before the Sith Empire invaded at the start of TOR, as Brianna felt that, once the Exile vanished and did not return with Revan, the Jedi would need the extra protection and training for when the Sith did eventually arrive.

Revanfan1, Golbolco and Sinrebirth like this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I shall be assuming the warlords in the Shadow Council are the replacement warlords, Tethys, Shargael, Gann, for, with Randd etc.

K2771991 likes this.
  8. The Legends Universe existed first in the Star Wars Universe and started from Dawn of the Jedi to Legacy Comics Era Years after Legacy the Legends Universe was Destroyed or Reborn maybe by the Celestials or the Whills and then the Disney Universe was Born started with Dawn of the Jedi again until and after Rise of Skywalker Era this Change of Universes happen in similar way like in the DC Universes with the Flashpoint or Crisis on Infinite Earths

In Legends Bria Tharen Stole only a part of the Death Star Plans, Kyle Katarn and Rianna Saren Stole the other parts

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2023
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    One HeadCanon timeline…

25,200 to 24,000 BBY

Sith influences grow in the Tion Cluster in tandem to Jedi ones in the Core, with the Tionese commanded by the Daritha’s. The most well known is Xim, but the Hutts defeat them. Eventually the Sith influence retreats to Alsakan, the origin of the human sleeper ship millennia ago. The invasion of the Republic is a preliminary to such infiltration.

24,500 BBY

The First Great Schism is caused by Sith infiltration, the Way of the Dark infecting a whole generation of Jedi to rebel with Xendor and Arden Lyn. The war is brief but ferociously fought in the Core.

20,000 BBY

The Ordu Aspectu secede from the Jedi Order, causing a minor schism. They are defeated, and driven underground to worlds including Yavin 4. They eventually reform themselves into Pius Dea. Their worship of Rur becomes entwined with that of the Mother, Onrai, the Vain Goddess.

17,000 BBY

The Alsakani attempt to seize control of the Republic, ending in a stalemate time and time again.

15,000 BBY

Sith-inspired uprisings plague the Republic, lasting a millennium and militarising the Republic for a time, and culminating in Dark Jedi regrouping on Kaas circa 14,000 BBY.

12,000 BBY

The Pius Dea Era is the culmination of the underground actions of the Ordu Aspectu, who manage to take the Chancellorship. The seizure of the Republic sees most of the the Jedi recuse themselves, the Alsakani secede, and Republic’s Crusades against nonhumans grind down the galaxy.

11,000 BBY

The Pius Dea are undone by a counter-coup, with the Jedi driving those among their order loyal to the Pius Dea underground. An offensive on Garn kills the current Dread Rur, ending the cult’s time in power, reducing the regime to Vianist remnants.

7,000 BBY

The Hundred Years Darkness causes the Second Great Schism, and eventually results in Dark Jedi heading to Korriban after a century long conflict.

5,000 BBY

The Jedi-Sith Wars begin. The Sith build upon the structures they find on Kaas and Yavin 4. The Massassi language becomes entwined with that of the Ordu Aspectu. The Sith advance into the Unknown Regions.

4,300 BBY

The Sith successfully war against the Chiss, until Starflash decimated their forces and the two sign an accord.

4,250 BBY

The Third Great Jedi Schism reinforces the Dark Jedi and Sith cause.

4000 BBY

The four Old Sith Wars begin.

3,970 BBY

The Vianists seize the Kanz Sector and secede from the Republic.

3,950 BBY

The Old Sith Wars end.

3,681 BBY

The Great Wars begin when the Sith invade the galaxy.

3,670 BBY

The Vianists are rooted out by the Jedi.

3,450 BBY

Darth Desolous is killed, the Empire moves it capital to Paecia and goes secular. The Chiss seclude themselves from the galaxy.

Circa 3,000 BBY

The Republic begins to experience secessions and economic decline, spurred on by the Sith. Hapes and the Centrality secede, and later the Commonality. Corellia defeats the Republic in the seventeenth and final Alsakan Conflict.

2,500 BBY

The Sith alliance with the Drengir allows them to retake the initiative, but in-fighting takes them back.

2,000 BBY

The Fourth Great Schism sees Darth Ruin reunite the disparate Sith tribes and seized control of the Empire and initiate the seven New Sith Wars.

1,100 BBY

The Republic collapses and the Empire reaches Coruscant.

1,032 BBY

The Jedi retake Coruscant and the Empire collapses; the Senate declares the war officially over.

1,010 BBY

A minor schism led by Jedi Master Kaan sees the Empire reunified as the Brotherhood of Darkness. The Jedi Lords disregard the wishes of the Council and wage war upon the Sith as the Army of Light.

1,000 BBY

The Seventh Battle of Ruusan brings a final end to the Jedi-Sith Wars. The final Massassi remnants are pushed into extinction. The Sith withdraw into the shadows and follow the Rule of Two, with other Sith groups and Terrible Glare remnants mingling in the shadows with Sun Guard, Death Watch and Nihil, let alone forward agents of the Yuuzhan Vong and Nagai.

10. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013
    I have a weird headcanon... well it is based in a halfremembered dream I had and I didn't bother to check facts on how to make it even work:

Cal Kestis will get the nickname "Katarn" after the Kashyyyk predator one day.
    Then he will one day settle down on one of Sullust's moons with his wife and kid under the alias Morgan Katarn, naming their son Kyle, a variation of Cal.
    His Jedi friend Qu Rahn shares some backstory with his other Jedi friend, Cere.
    His droid at one point got trashed to need a new chassis and they built him the one of Morgan Katarns family droid from the Kyle Katarn Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games.

note I did not play Jedi Survivor yet, nor watch any youtube spoilers about it, but will soon.

K2771991, Revanfan1 and QuinlanSolo like this.
  11. ColeFardreamer

Nov 24, 2013

It's as if canon is working towards OneCanon given how easily they git the pasts together. Not just Zahn with his Chissverse, or the comics pulling from Legends and adding to it. They expand the Sith in all directions to the ultimate nemesis for SW... just wait for the Vong being inpired by the Sith too... they resurrect the original Invasion storyline with darksiders from another galaxy and bring in Vong aesthetics.

I mean, Sith exiles reaching a satellite galaxy far out? Why not... helping the Vong against the Abominor and Silentium?
    Or... how do Sith droids operate? No limitations like the normal galaxy ones? Always a threat to their masters to keep them on their toes, much like apprentices, or rather as enslaved as one can get and more limited than average galaxy droids? Imagine a droid reaches the satellite galaxy of the Vong, and infects the Abominor with Sith lore... guess the Vong would be shocked to meet a nice guy that teaches them the Force and Dark Side... only to learn he is no guy but a HRD droid that after loosing part of his skin, freaks them out and they trash it. But damage is done culturally and the lore is out of the bag.

QuinlanSolo and Force Smuggler like this.
  12. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    My headcanon: the Aristocra Formbi we see in Survivor's Quest is actually a clone of the original Formbi from Outbound Flight, with a bit of Thrawn's flair for tactics inserted. It would explain his attitude change between the two events.

13. The equivalent of Salla Zend in Disney Canon is Sana Starros

The equivalent of Bria Tharen in Disney Canon is Divided into 2 Different Characters Qi'ra and Jyn Erso Qi'ra was born on Corellia just like Bria and Jyn Erso had Brown Hair like Bria both Jyn and Bria stole the Death Star plans and both died sacrificing themselves i know Jyn never met Han in Disney Canon but i think both Characters combined have the role of Bria Tharen

Kerra Holt and Serra Keto are Descendants of Bastila Shan, Satele Shan, and Revan during the New Sith Wars and Clone Wars

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    ColeFardreamer likes this.
  15. For me Kerra Holt and Serra Keto are Descendants of Bastila and Revan because they are too similar and i like the idea that there are Descendants of Bastila and Revan in New Sith Wars and Clone Wars

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2023
    Sinrebirth likes this.
  16. SheaHublin

SheaHublin Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 15, 2008
    A nashuaga is a type of bird native to Dromund Kaas.

17. Dream-Thinker

Dream-Thinker Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2020
    One Canon placement headcanon for Visions season 2.
    The Old Republic: Sith, Journey to the Dark Head
    The High Republic: Screecher's Reach
    Reign of the Empire: In the Stars, The Spy Dancer, The Pit, The Bandits of Golak
    The New Republic: I Am Your Mother

The only one I am unsure of is Aau's Song. That could take place in either The Old Republic or the High Republic, I think.

MercenaryAce and QuinlanSolo like this.
  18. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    Since @Morgoth333 suggested that Korba might actually be Corbos, it is my headcanon that Aau's Song is set during the Old Republic era, farther back than any of the other shorts. Like if we place all the shorts in chronological order, The Duel would come first and then Aua's Song would come next.

QuinlanSolo and Dream-Thinker like this.
  19. Old_Brown_Shoe

Old_Brown_Shoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    "The Book of Boba Fett" is just that, a book; specifically, a heavily sanitized autobiography or authorized biography with heavy interference. Parts where Fett comes off as perhaps not the most brilliant fellow are where he doesn't want to reveal what *really* happened but at the same time can't come up with a good cover (he's not a writer, after all). (Or, in the authorized or ghostwritten version, these are where the real author is getting passive-aggressive about the restrictions they're working under.)

Nom von Anor and Alpha-Red like this.
  20. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    I’m pretty sure Grand Moff Wilkadon took over the Greater Seswenna.

21. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Wilkadon is based on Askaj, which means he replaces Kintaro.

GrandMoffTrachta likes this.
  22. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 21, 2019
    I don't even think that's lazy: IMO it makes perfect sense.

Minor note, I've changed my mind on the guy in army trooper gear to being Immodet, for the following reasons:
    • In Legends Immodet was on the remnant's closest equiviliant to the Shadow Council.
    • Gann was evidently a minor warlord (hench why my earlier list linked him to Delvardus), while Immodet controlled forces that occupied "several entire sectors" along the border of the New Republic.
    • The Eriadu Authority seems more likely to have been an independent thing concerned only with the integrity of Eriadu's borders. I doubt they'd care about some sort of grand agenda.
    • The appearence of one of Devian's supporters is identical to Immodet, and Devian's "Restored Empire" would seem to fit pretty well with the agenda of the proto-FO post-Imperials.
    The way I'm looking at it Yzu is pretty much just the appointed spokesperson of the various Deep Core remnants* (including the future replacement warlords), who have formed a loose confederacy.

*minus Teradoc and Delvardus, who in canon I'm imagining are still based in their original holdings due to the less aggressive nature of the New Republic.

I think I just misremembered LOTF, lol

Only in Legends; in canon they don't have a name (yet);)

In canon the only appearance of the Marauders (where their species is unnamed) has them using technology just fine and flying around in an old Munificent frigate; which aligns with the Gryst using ships they did'nt build (Corona-class Frigates) in the Thrawn books.

Maybe the Gryst/Mauraders were Vong scouts who "went native", and they use salvaged ships and have trouble understanding conventional technology becuase their so used to biotech they don't properly understand mechanical tech?

Was Roganda supposed to look asian? I guess she was, no that I look more closely at some of her pictures...

I always headcannoned her as a dark-haired Natalie Dormer, but now that I realize that maybe someone like Kelly Hu would be better?

I actually really like this idea: it reconiles Yoda's vision in TCW with TFU better then my "it was just a vision of a possible future" does.

Sauron_18 likes this.
  23. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    The Emperor’s Harem is comprised entirely of female Emperor’s Hands, hence the apparent female domination of the group. The Emperor never “uses” them for their official role but this serves as valuable cover for them to frequent the Imperial Palace and have private audiences with him.

24. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    I felt like it was pretty obvious that Yoda's vision in TCW was only a vision of a possible future. For example, the vision showed Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, Luminara Unduli, Eeth Koth, and Plo Koon all fighting clones together. This never happened, though it is obviously meant to represent Order 66. And during his duel with the Jedi Masters in the vision, Palpatine has his hood up (which he didn't in the movie) and he kills Eeth Koth instead of Agen Kolar (it is clearly meant to be Eeth Koth too since his lightsaber is green instead of blue).

25. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    Luke and Palpatine:
    Luke Skywalker found out that Palpatine was alive before the fall of Ben Solo. Though Luke wasn't able to find Exegol, he did have a mental or astral battle with Palpatine which Luke won thus damaging Palpatine's spirit. Before this Palpatine was almost strong enough to make his triumphant return, but Luke's victory destroyed years of progress for Palpatine and he was forced to continue the use of proxies.

Even though Ben fell to the dark side and destroyed Luke's temple, Luke didn't give up. He went to Ahch To which basically acts as a light side counterpart to Exegol, it keeps the power of Exegol in check. With Luke now residing on Ahch To he kept Palpatine's powers in check, which means that as long as Luke remains on Ahch To Palpatine can't reach his full power on Exegol.
    That's why Luke was so cold towards Rey to begin with. Luke knew that he couldn't leave because then Palpatine would return. Luke also knew that Rey was a Palpatine and knew what great danger Rey could do in the hands of Palpatine. So Luke basically put on a role so that Rey would not discover the truth. Though Rey changed something in Luke, he realized that he can't do everything on his own and that he needs to have faith in other people. So Luke eventually choose to sacrifice himself for Leia and the Resistance, which leads to Palpatine being able to make his existence to the galaxy clear.

War in the Netherworld:
    Palpatine in TROS was different from the Palpatine we know, he wasn't that super manipulative master politician anymore but rather a Sith fanatic. In TROS Palpatine was all about the survival of the Sith and their ultimate victory. The way I view it Palpatine was at this point nothing more than a servant to the dark side.
    I suggest that Palpatine didn't immediately transfer his spirit to Exegol, but that he did in fact die at Endor and spent some time in the Hell section of the Netherworld. Even though Palpatine had made the necessary preparations for his survival on Exegol something went wrong and Palpatine did in fact die.

In the Sith underworld Palpatine realized that he wasn't at the top of the hierarchy. In the Netherworld the spirits of powerful Sith lords had gathered in a council and did what they could to strengthen the dark side. Palpatine was their last shot at ultimate victory, therefore they decided that Palpatine must return to the mortal plane to finish the Sith plan. Thus the cultists on Exegol carried out a ritual while the Sith spirits guided Palpatine's spirit into his inferior clone body. So the Palpatine we see in TROS was a Palpatine that had become an agent of a greater evil.
    I further suggest that while Luke had his hidden war against Palpatine and Leia had her war against the First Order, there was a spiritual war in the Netherworld between the spirits of the Jedi and the spirits of the Sith. They fought for control of the Force itself. This war continued all the way to the events of TROS and heavily influenced the outcome of the battle at Exegol. After Rey killed Palpatine at Exegol Palpatine's spirit once again passed to the Netherworld. In the Netherworld the Jedi and the Sith had one last spiritual battle where the Jedi led by Anakin Skywalker won a massive victory over the Sith and Anakin personally banished Palpatine to the deepest pits of Hell.

Yeah I know crazy ideas.