main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Sharmeen Obaid-Chinoy Star Wars Movie - NOT FILMING April 7th, 2024 (Blame Fredrik!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Future Films - Spoilers Allowed' started by chris hayes, Oct 25, 2022.

1. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Daisy Ridley also talks about open everytime she is interviewed.

rocknroll41 likes this.
  2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Fredrik, she doesn’t know that it’s been cancelled yet. Duh!

3. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    This is true. Lucasfilm reached out to me to let me know it’s been cancelled, but they asked me not to say anything to Daisy Ridley yet.

4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Well Bob Iger says he has silency cancelled projects [face_thinking]

rocknroll41 likes this.
  5. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012
    EmpireCity has access to box office industry numbers. I follow him on X. He has been quite clear about his agenda for the Rey film on his account. He do not want the film to happen. He also is quite loud about everything Disney + - its destroying cinema, Disney should cancel most of their streaming content and make movies again etc etc. So far, i have not seen anything that tells me he has inside info on this. He also states that he might be wrong. So there it is.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
  6. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Likley.

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
  8. 2Cleva

2Cleva Chosen One star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Daisy on if movie is coming recently per Collider. Didn't see it shared.

https://collider.com/daisy-ridley-new-star-wars-movie-script-update/

rocknroll41 and JoshieHewls like this.
  9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Yes the Script is not yet despite what rumors said.

10. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    Man, I feel bad for her. She sounds so excited, so picture how bummed she's gonna be when she reads this thread and finds out that the movie has been cancelled.

rocknroll41, Bor Mullet and Lulu Mars like this.
  11. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    She just needs to go on YouTube

miasma likes this.
  12. miasma

Mar 29, 2013
    Yeah, you'd think she'd try to stay up to date on these things. She'll embarrass herself if she shows up for the red carpet premiere in a few years, and then finds out the movie was cancelled.

Seriously, though, I do hope they get a finished script soon. The longer it takes, the more I might start actually believing cancellation rumors.

13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The strikes affected it. And i take a longer delay with scripts then a rush job. This will be the big comeback to Star Wars future.

14. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    I think it’s more than just the script, many studios including Disney have said they are trying to scale back budgets on their tent-poles and the Rey movie is probably subject to this to some extent. Especially after Indy 5 went over budget and bombed LFL is trying to figure out how to make the new SW movies on a (relatively) modest budget. That will take some figuring out.

2Cleva likes this.
  15. Lulu Mars

Lulu Mars Chosen One star 5

Mar 10, 2005
    All they need is a camera. They can worry about the rest later, when it's too late.

16. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think its got anything to do with budget. I suspect the script comes before the budget and then things are scaled back.

I think like alot of these projects they are just picky about scripts. And while many fans will see this as the future of Star Wars so get it out there ASAP, I think its just seen by Lucasfilm as another Star Wars project. Next to whatever else.

Now im fairly fairly certain its gonna happen. Perhaps more so than the jedi orign movie. Its just gonna be a while before it gets going

Last edited: Mar 12, 2024
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    So because it could shape the very future of Star Wars, they should just pump it out as quickly as possible? If that’s the logic of fandom, then good thing fandom doesn’t run things.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    PymParticles , EHT, Lulu Mars and 3 others like this.
  18. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    Pumping it out asap gave us ...

Oh right. Yeah, take yer time LFL.

19. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    If anything it feels like they have moved too fast on this. 10 years between this and TROS at a minimum feels right.

Bor Mullet likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    If it doesn't happen soon, then Sony acquires the rights and will have to make a movie where Rey teams up with Morbius to solve mysteries.

21. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    It seems like it is sometimes. Where is this sequel huh huh? Are they ashamed of the ST? is that it? its been 3 years! whats taking it so long! This is the biggest movie ever because the future of Star Wars as they should be getting it out ASAP!

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Yeah, it feels too soon for me as well. The main actors are barely much older than they were in the ST. Which is in part what I liked about the original idea of an older Rey played by Helen Mirren.

Darth PJ and DarkGingerJedi like this.
  23. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Yes totally agree re. Helen Mirren. She could have recovered the character IMO. I make no apologies for really disliking the sequels, but even I'm open to the possibility, given a 10 year gap, that I may warm to the idea of seeing those characters on screen again.

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  24. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 7

Nov 21, 2012
    It might even be cool if the movie were framed by an older Rey telling her future students how it all started. Get Helen Mirren for the opening scenes, and maybe the closing ones. They're on a quest, journeying on some weird planet, or sitting by a fire in the temple, and then we flash back to 30 yo Rey, in a way that relates back to Older Rey's current situation.

Not every Star War has to be told in the same narrative structure as the saga does.

Darth PJ likes this.
  25. miasma

Mar 29, 2013
    I'm on the other side of the aisle, but I agree with you that they should have waited.
    I really enjoyed the ST, and I'm excited about seeing Rey again, but I think waiting 10 years or more could have been beneficial. We might then see what we're currently seeing with the PT. The prequels were not well received upon release, but over time, nostalgia grew, and the people who were young children in the late 90s - early 2000s, and who enjoyed the prequels, became the new voice of the fandom, and so we're now seeing a much more positive reception for PT-related stuff. Same thing could have happened with this. The little kids I see every Halloween dressed up as Rey, etc, would be old enough to be the new voice of the fandom, and we'd be seeing a lot more ST love in general. And the older people who didn't like the ST might soften towards it, just as quite a few people did towards the PT.

Oh well. The selfish side of me is still glad that this is coming out sooner rather than later. I just kind of dread the backlash we're going to see on the internet. I might just have to steer clear of message boards and YouTube for a while when this movie goes into production.

Darth PJ and JoshieHewls like this.