main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So which Jedi Survived order66?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by DARTHKANISS, Jun 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Queen

Jedi-Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2005
    I wouldn't be angry :)
    I find some of the EU's aspects and characters especially
    interesting. I'd love to see a series that includes some new
    Jedi like Kyp Duron or the Solo children!

2. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    It is unknown if these 3 movie Jedi survived Bultar Swan, Even Piell, Pablo-Jill, and maybe Quinlan Vos but I don't know if you would count him as an EU chracter because he wasn't in the movie he was just mentioned.

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    "Questionable," how, though?

I mean, it's not like Lucas has got more movies to make in that time period after the Empire's rise; anything that fits with the films in a non-contradictory fashion (including the Last of the Jedi books, the "Evasive Action" webstrip, et cetera) is certainly considered "real" and canonical ex post facto.

LFL are on top of these things (that's why they pay the continuity gurus the big buck$$), and are working to ensure that all post-Episode III projects match up. It's all good.

There are still hundreds of Jedi left in the field that weren't anywhere near the clones for one reason or another (covert ops, long-range operations, et cetera), which gives plenty of grist for Imperial Jedi-hunting stories in the coming years.

Too, there's also Palpatine's Senate dialogue ("The remaining Jedi will be hunted down and defeated!!"), which meant that "Order 66" wasn't the quick, one-stop-shopping solution to the Jedi problem that the Emperor was wanting.

4. DARTHKANISS

DARTHKANISS Jedi Grand Master star 1

Sep 8, 2004
    You guys remember how the two clone troopers where on a speed bike with Stass Allie and they pulled back and shot at her? It just occured to me we never actually saw her anywhere when the speedbike crashed.

Maybe she was able to force jump off and ignite her saber and take out the clones.

Just a sugestion. a good one I recon. Maybe shes in the Series now.

5. THX-1136

THX-1136 Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2005
    There is a kids book that just came out that features Obi-Wan searching for a padawan that survived order 66 and has him going into the "heart of the empire"

6. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    i dont read comics....so i dont know where to get them. dont rag on me but...where should i go to buy a star wars comic?

7. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Don't worry. We won't. [face_skull]

One of the best places to go is Dark Horse's official shop, TFAW.com, where you can still order most of the issues and trade paperbacks.

My suggestion? Grab the Clone Wars comic collections (Volumes 1-5 are out right now, with the sixth set to hit in a few weeks). Utterly the BEST overview of the entire conflict that one can get between two covers.

I also recommend the first Dark Empire collection, the Tales of the Jedi: Knights of the Old Republic volume, and the three Archie Goodwin/Al Williamson Classic Star Wars trades...you can't go wrong with these.

The entire Marvel Comics series has also been reprinted in seven gorgeous volumes, which are all likewise available through there. SW: Republic and SW: Empire are still in production, although both are set to conclude near the end of the year (the former's final issue will be #83). There'll be another top-secret "Jedi Purge" era project to be unveiled soonish, set after this last film.

8. JedimasterMoon

JedimasterMoon Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2005
    Obi and Yoda.

9. manolo-ryda-5

manolo-ryda-5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 1, 2005
    Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi. And another as far as I know (from a book), another Jedi that survived Order 66 and Obi-Wan must attempt to go into the heart of the Empire to rescue.

10. PADMELUVA

PADMELUVA Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    thanks Leto II

all those "jedi purge" comics sound too exciting too pass up.

11. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Not a prob. The first "Jedi Purge" issue is coming out shortly; the current Republic arc is leading straight into the film, with the next issue (#78) taking place about 36 hours after the movie ends.

The Last of the Jedi series -- Ferus Olin, a former Jedi apprentice, has gone underground against the Empire, and has formed a Rebel cell on an Imperial-oppressed world. Qui-Gon tells Obi-Wan to go there and keep him out of the Empire's hands, for Luke's sake.

The second book's coming out around September-ish.

12. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    This thread went into a frightening EU mode while I was away.

13. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I saw that the book is coming out August 1st I think.

14. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I think all of these first three Jedi I named survived and I think Quinlan Vos might have survived. There is probably other Jedi we don't know about who survived they are unknowns and spread out throughout the galaxy.

15. PalpatinesDeciple

PalpatinesDeciple Jedi Youngling

Jun 25, 2005
    I read a interview with GL and he said that a handful make it past the purge, but only yoda and obi are left by Ep IV

16. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Yes, but maybe a few or one could star in the T.V. Show and is this interview from a reliable source?

17. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I cannot wait to see who will be included in these surviving stories of the jedi! So expect the first flow of info after the first of August?

18. yoshifett

yoshifett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 17, 2004
    I can't wait for "The adventures of Mace Windu" series, it has a confirmed release in September!

In the series, he'll have to fight his evil clone, Maace! Sounds awesome! I'm going to go write a rad fanfic about it!

19. DARTHJOSEPH

DARTHJOSEPH Jedi Youngling star 2

May 11, 2005
    You've gotta consider Quin as much "Canon" as Aaayla. He had scenes deleted or never filmed from ROTS, even a death scene. All of which can be read in the screenplay.

Also...I personally dislike(hate) most of EU, BUT...Lucas Film Limited has stated that ALL Extended Universe stories, comics, etc. are considered "Canon" as long as they don't conflict with the films. Not to mention Lucas personally loves some of it.(i.e. Dark Empire, KOTOR he also named the capital Coruscant after Zahn's novels) And yes, you may hate it, but the upcomming Comics will explain who survived Order 66. And i'm sure the TV show will reflect these stories.

20. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    We'll have to see who survived after the TV series arrives.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Orionsangel

Orionsangel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    Obi-Wan tells Luke, "Vader helped hunt down and destroy all the Jedi."

So with this huge 19 year gap. The TV series will probably focus on the remaining Jedi. Who are constantly on the run from the Empire. It might be like the TV series KungFu, where Kain walks the Earth, meets locals and gets into adventures. Except here it could be a Jedi on the run, who meets all kinds of strange beings as he makes his way across the Galaxy and gets into adventures. The last episode he's finally captured and destroyed.

22. dorkstar

dorkstar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2002
    Only OB1 and Yoda survived.

After the death of Dooku, there were NO secret missions left for individual Jedi to pursue. Palpatine orchestrated events so that all Jedi were leading a troop of clones somewhere in the galaxy. He strategically implemented Order 66 when all Jedi were separated from one another, but were in the midst of clonetroopers who could off the Jedi.

Even Yoda and OB1. We saw the tale of the two Jedi who survived. The rest are dead.

23. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I've heard there were thousands of Jedi spread throughout the galaxy during the start of ROTS and surely some Jedi escaped like Obi-Wan and Yoda did. I guess we'll have to wait till the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series to see GL has not said that Obi-Wan and Yoda were the only Jedi to survive ROTS. Also I believe the scene of Obi-Wan changing the Beacon Signal in the Jedi Temple warning all the Jedi to stay away was set up so we could see Jedi in the upcoming Star Wars Live Action TV Series. I do believe that Obi-Wan and Yoda were the only surviving by the time of ANH.

24. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
    On the HS Webstrip, Evasive Action: Recruitment, it seems the Clones captured some Jedi, and Agricultaral Corp/Jedi Rejects otherwise known as. It seems that perhaps, on the next 'strip', Lumiya (An Apprentice of Darth Vader in the Marvel Comics of Star Wars) may be among those, since, Palpatine tells Vader to choose the strongest to be turned, and kill the rest.

25. R4P17DC

R4P17DC Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.