main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Soc] Taeriel visit to Denver - thanks to everyone for making it great!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by Taeriel, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Well, people might already have their schedules restrained by setting aside time that day to vote, was what I was thinking.

2. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    You go with whatever times are best for you, and we'll figure out the rest...

On a side note...I havent voted in like eight years... [face_blush]

3. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm leaning towards the 4pm flight to leave; that would mean having to be at the airport by 3pm.

D... er, drats. AVG is just informing me that the computer has yet another virus, and that I have to run the virus scan program. :(

4. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    After enough trials to serve as a padawan's final test for knighthood, I finally have my plane tickets. I'll be arriving in Denver on Thurs Oct 21 at 6:58pm, and staying until Tues, Nov 2, leaving at 9:35am.

I'm planning on going to MHC on at least Sat, attending the Halloween party down in Pueblo, and then of course, trick-or-treating on Halloween :D and the WOTR event.

5. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    YAY! So glad you're coming down!

6. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Sweeeet!!! Lookin' forward to seein' ya, T!

7. melodyann

melodyann Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2004
    T!! HURRAY!

do you need a ride down to pueblo...i am planning on heading that way myself! :)

just let me know...or maybe some of us northerns could just car pool together.

8. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Yep, I will be looking for a ride down to Pueblo for the party on the 30th, and then back up to Denver. Carpooling all together, at least part of the way, sounds like a great idea!

I'm starting to get really excited!

9. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    you can ride up with me on the 31st T. im going to the WOTR thing.

10. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    i have them from time to time...i am excited you are coming too...now we can actually talk in person. ;) he he

11. PurpleAspBabZOOn

PurpleAspBabZOOn Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2004
    Added you to the Oct Schedule :D [face_devil]

12. FenigDurak

FenigDurak Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 6, 2002
    I thought you might like to see this. It's gotten a few comments on the page, and more than a few off it. You're way popular!

13. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    Ah yes, the venerable Jedi Master: Taeriel Casio-Gimli...

14. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    :eek: *falls over sideways*

Only you could come up with such a name, SS!

The funny thing is... I actually lost that watch this summer. I have some other random watch now; it had been floating around my parents' house, and I claimed it when mine went missing.

Drats. Now I wish I'd, like, ironed the cloak, or something.

15. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    It just occured to me to wonder, when reading the Halloween party thread... should I bring a sleeping bag out with me? :confused:

16. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Don't bother.... You can borrow one from someone here.. No sense hauling more than you need to :)

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I have one or two you can use, in fact all I will have by the time you get here is an air matress & blankets or sleeping bag. Sorry it's not going to be the Ritz.

18. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    *wave* What, are you kidding? Don't worry about it at all. An air matress is great - better than a floor, certainly. It'll be perfect. :D And cool... thanks for letting me know about the sleeping bag. I figured I'd need one at some point, if not the whole time, but Zoo is right about it being more convenient to not haul one on the plane if I don't have to.

19. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    And if you get bored with Sith Central... There is always the Infamous: Couch of ZOO! [face_laugh] And there are many around to provide testimonials to it's comfiness ;)

20. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    careful with that couch. it knocks you out almost instantly.

21. MelannasJoy

MelannasJoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2004
    i have heard stories about that couch. :)

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    I wanted to thank everyone for helping make my visit out to Colorado so great. It really made me realize you lucky I am to have such fabulous friends...

First of all, the biggest thanks to SC and DH for opening their house to me for over a week. You guys are the absolute best!

More thanks to the other people who offered to put me up for a bit while I was out there. I started out winging things, and with the prep work for the WOTR event, it ended up that staying at Sith Central was the best for helping get work done. But I wanted to thank everyone who offered crash space!

Thanks to Mistress, for taking a day off work so she could come up to Denver early, and meet me at the airport with SC. That was so cool!! It was great to spend so much time with you that extended weekend.

Thanks to Mistress, RDT and Zoom for allowing me to share your hotel room for MHC!

Thanks to MA, for the offer of a ride down to Pueblo... even though I had to back out because of WOTR prep and general tiredness. The offer was much appreciated, though!

Thanks to Zoo for the Gimli figure... even if it does perpetuate those annoying dwarf references. Sheesh, you'd think that after a year... :p

Thanks to SC for doing my makeup for MHC, and to Fenig for doing it at WOTR.

I think there are probably other people I should be thanking, but I'm afraid my brain has run out of power. So I'll conclude with general gratitude to all - I had a spectacular visit, and was really happy to get to see so many people. You guys are the best!

23. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I miss you already... :(

can't wait til next time, Kitten! :)

24. melodyann

Apr 18, 2004
    T-You are such a sweetie!! Thank you for your kindness and making sure i was ok during my illness.

it was so good to spend time with you and i can't wait til your next visit.

it was also fun working the death star together...he he

*BIG hug*

25. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    It was very nice to meet you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.