main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Somewhere I Belong - AU-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by obi_ew, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    **muffled sniffles can be heard coming from the area around Shaindl's computer**

I TOLD YOU I DON'T CRY. STOP DOING THIS TO ME! :D

Lovely as always, OE. I love the little hint you dropped in there about your other story. Great job!

Shaindl

2. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    eewwww, feelings.... [face_laugh]

As much as I love Obi-Wan, it's nice to see him stop being a buckethead like Buckethead and express his feelings, show some fatherly love toward Anakin, make all the girls go awwwwww :p

3. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    As the girl that I am:

Awwwww!

4. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    oh i hope shai gives ani all sorts of gray hair. and jivan can be the big brother now, since he knows All of ani's buttons to push.

poor little obitot is going to have a rather tempetuous master, mischievious uncle, halfsith step uncle, grandmaster, and grandmaster's exsith older brother who is also the father of the two uncles. Oh what fun this will be.

5. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I just thought up the most ridiculous theory. **Does some mental math** It'd work time wise, but it is SO completely outlandish that I'm not going to tell you what it was! I'll just sit here and wait to see if I was right! **cackles**

Well... Um... I think I was overtaken by insanity there for a second. Do we finally get to see Des in the next post?

6. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Killer!! New story.

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was lovely, obi_ew. Very sweet and awwww inspiring...LOL.

Hope Anakin gets into big trouble with this one! It would serve him right.

8. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    I love how all your stories are tied together so intricately oe. Loved that father/son moment between Obi-Wan and Anakin. I wonder if Obi-Wan will notice anything unusual when he meets Shai for the first time. :D

9. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    PaddyJuan: WHAT?! ?[face_plain] I even tried drawing a family tree--it didn't help. But I'm not completely lost--I got the Obitot part :D

10. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    As if I'm not reading enough stories, I had to check out this one tonight, and I'm hooked!! It's all your fault Obi-ew!!! Well, with talent like yours, how could I resist any longer? I did try, but I couldn't hold out any longer! [face_laugh] can't wait to see what you have in staore, but I do have my guesses!!!
    --later--

11. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Aw, Ani-Wan mush! [face_love] Silly silly Anakin, thinking he was a bad apprentice and all. Well, he had his moments when he should have been smacked upside the head!

PaddyJuan: poor little obitot is going to have a rather tempetuous master, mischievious uncle, halfsith step uncle, grandmaster, and grandmaster's exsith older brother who is also the father of the two uncles. Oh what fun this will be.

Oh my gosh, trying to figure that out in my head left me permanently cross-eyed ...

12. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Shaindl Don't cry! :(

JadeSolo Awww!!!! :D

darla :D

froggy [face_laugh] You assume too much!!

Thalia Des shows up today! [face_love]

padawan3 Hi stranger! Are you gonna lurk? :(

diane Ani may have his hands full! :D

Sheila Unusual about Shai? Like what? ?[face_plain]

JadeSolo I would explain froggy's little family tree, but that would only mean she was right. [face_devil]

DL6669 * jumps up and down * Yeah! I'm glad you're giving it a chance! :)

HHP Ani-Wan? [face_laugh]

Hopefully I get some writing done this weekend! [face_plain]

CHAPTER FIVE

As he stood in the docking bay and waited for Desimir?s ship to arrive, Anakin pondered his conversation with Obi-Wan. It was amazing to know that his former master thought back on his apprenticeship with nothing but fond memories. Regardless of what Obi-Wan had told him, Anakin knew he had made his mentor?s life difficult.

And yet, Obi-Wan had never once given him any sign that he regretted taking on the job Qui-Gon left him. If he were honest with himself, Anakin wasn?t sure he could be patient or supportive of a belligerent or disobedient child.

The sudden boom of a ships thrusters broke into his thoughts. Looking up, he watched as a beautiful fighter slowly began its descent onto the assigned landing pad. A shiny silver color that captured the light, she had sleek sharp lines, and just by listening to her purr, he could tell she would handle like a dream.

As soon as she was settled and the engines cut, he rushed forward and began to run his hands reverently over the surface. Circling around behind her to study the engines, he missed the pilot who climbed down the ladder and stood watching him with amusement.

Making his way back to the nose, he finally glanced up and noticed his audience. Shrugging, he grinned in delight.

"You are planning on letting me take her for a run aren?t you?" he asked with a hopeful look on his face.

"Do you really think I?d trust you with my new girl?" The man asked in his slightly raspy voice.

Straightening, Anakin took a minute to study his friend.

Even now, ten years after their first encounter, Desimir deCrion?s appearance still managed to amaze him. As tall and muscular as Anakin, he had long silky ink black hair that fell down to brush a pair of broad shoulders. Deep sapphire eyes stared out from a pale handsome face that was a carbon copy of Xanatos?.

Currently, Desimir was dressed in a pair of skin tight dark brown leather pants that were tucked into well worn brown boots. His shirt was plain white, but obviously made from expensive material and was covered by a long jacket.

As he shifted his weight, the edge of the jacket fell back to reveal the lightsabre clipped to his belt. Anakin knew that Obi-Wan had battled the Council fiercely in order to secure Desimir?s right to carry the weapon. Neither Jedi nor Darkside, it was unusual for a civilian to be granted permission to wield a lightsabre.

The fact that Desimir had been instrumental in dismantling Xanatos? plans to overthrow the Republic had swayed things in his favor. Still, Anakin marveled, to look at Desimir was like looking on Xanatos when he was younger.

"I don?t know why not. I?m certainly a much better pilot then you!" Anakin replied with a smirk.

Snorting in disbelief, Desimir moved forward to embrace his friend warmly before eyeing him curiously.

"So how is my little brother? Nervous and weepy yet?" he asked only half jokingly.

Chuckling, Anakin caught the travel bag that was tossed at him.

"You know Ji. He?s too busy running around making sure everyone else is happy, to take time for himself."

Nodding in understanding, Desimir shot him a quick sideways glance as they started form the docking bay. "And what about you and Master Obi-Wan? How are you two handling the coming change?"

Sighing heavily, Anakin shrugged. "It really won?t seem that much different for me. It?s Obi-Wan I worry about. He hides it well, but I k

13. diamond_pony2002

diamond_pony2002 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2002
    [face_laugh] HAHA!!! DES IS TEASING ANI! WAIT A MINUTE!!!!! ***slaps herself*** BAD DIAMOND! ANI GOOD! DES...eh. MUST LOVE ANI! MUST HAVE, as H_H_P put it, ANI-WAN MUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. JadeSolo

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I barely know who Desimir is, but I like him already!

Currently, Desimir was dressed in a pair of skin tight dark brown leather pants that were tucked into well worn brown boots. His shirt was plain white, but obviously made from expensive material and was covered by a long jacket. I couldn't resist a comment, and here it is-- [face_love]

And Xanatos hovering--now that's funny.

15. Sheila

Sheila Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 2002
    "The Council is forcing me to choose a padawan," he growled between clenched teeth.

Desimir made a sudden choking noise that quickly erupted into loud gales of laughter.
    [face_laugh]

I missed Desimir and am so glad to see him show up in this story. The banter between him and Anakin is always entertaining. :)

16. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_laugh] What more can I really say?
    But I am courious as to which other story(s) Des is in, I may have to check those out as well. And I'm not sure how I resisted this story for so long, except maybe time constraints. But I love Worth Fighting For, and figured this would be just as good. I'm NOT disappointed! [face_smile]
    --later--

17. VadeyFan2002

VadeyFan2002 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2002
    Des is back, that is good.
    He isn't fond of staying at his father? Poor Xan will be sad about that.
    And why wasn't Ji there to welcome his brother? How busy can one almost kight be?

I love that they all laugh at Ani's Padawan problem, can't wait to see Ji's reaction.

Vadey

18. Happy_Hobbit_Padawan

Happy_Hobbit_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Heh. Funny that Anakin never thought of Obi-Wan taking on another apprentice. But I can see the wheels turning in his mind now ... Ani will make his padawan best friends with Obi's third padawan, and then he'll use Obi-Wan as baby-sitter while he'll go off flying in Desimir's cool star ship! 8-}

19. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Aww love the picture you are painting here so far...Keep up the good work...

but I do wonder...will obi take on another padawan?

Cant wait to see...

PT

20. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    dp Ani-Wan mush I'm sure isn't over yet! ;) And how can you use Des and eh in the same sentence? Bad dp! :mad: :D

JadeSolo Desimir will be around alot! I find him enjoyable, if I do say so myself! [face_love]

Sheila I missed him too! :) I forsee alot of that banter in this fic! :D

DL6669 I understand about having too many stories to read. I've had to cut back myself. :( Once this fic and Fighting For are complete I will have a little series done! If read in order it would be, The Face Inside, Worth Fighting For, Standing on Broken Dreams, and then Somewhere I Belong. Desimir first shows up in Ji's story which is Standing on Broken Dreams . If you find time to read it please let me know what you think. :) I'm thrilled to see ya here! :)

Vadey Ji is busy with those last minute Trial things a knight has to go through. ;)

HHP You know that's not a bad idea! :D

PT Hi stranger! :) To quote Obi, Possibly! :D

Probably have an update Sunday. Have a scene written, but it needs some work! :)

21. Thalia_Nox

Thalia_Nox Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    I love Des! He's so yummy. Loved how he got to keep his lightsaber!

**Tears well up** After tomorrow I'm leaving for a whole week! I'll miss so many nice posts for this and your other fic!

22. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    Thalia I'm thrilled he has some fans! [face_love] You're leaving too? * bottom lip trembles * Why does everyone keep leaving me! :_|

23. obi_ew

Apr 14, 2002
    CHAPTER SIX

Jivan jogged down the busy hallways, carefully dodging people as he straightened his clothes and ran a hand through his still wet spiked hair. His final sparring lesson had started behind schedule, making him late for supper hour.

Entering the room that had been set up for the private dinner, he stood inside the doorway and took a moment to study the occupants. The window seat that sat before a spectacular view of the city skyline, held three people who conversed quietly.

The two women, while vastly different on the surface, had the same quiet strength and beautiful spirits. Each had gifted Xanatos with a son, and in the process had become close friends and fierce protectors of one another?s offspring.

Lady Asha, Desimir?s mother, was now silver haired but no less beautiful then she had been ten years ago when Jivan first met her. Currently she leaned forward, speaking with his mother, Jedi Master Luminara Unduli. He and his mother had become extremely close, the years when she had been forced to conceal her identity from him, long forgiven and forgotten.

Between the two women, sat his and Desimir?s father. The fallen Jedi and Sith Lord, Xanatos deCrion. Unlike Desimir, Jivan had found it relatively easy to make peace with his father. Shielded by Obi-Wan from Xanatos? past atrocities, Jivan had been able to get to know a completely different person then any of the rest of them had.

Smiling with tenderness, Jivan turned his attention to his brothers. Sitting next to one another on the couch, they were laughing and ribbing the other about something. One time enemies, the two had managed to come together as friends, due in a large part, Jivan knew, to their mutual love for him.

Although he and Desimir shared the same blood, it in no way made their bond any stronger then the one he had with Anakin. The Jedi Knight had taken him under his wing from the instant they met when Jivan was five. Over the years Anakin had teased, protected and taught him everyday since. The fact that his brothers were now best friends, thrilled him every time he saw them together.

His eyes filling with tears, Jivan turned his attention to the final and most important person. Obi-Wan stood apart from the others, on a balcony that connected to the room. His hands gripping the railing, the Jedi Master stared up at the sky, a gentle breeze ruffling his silver streaked ginger hair. A hesitant probe through their bond, assured Jivan that his mentor was at peace.

This man meant everything to Jivan, and the thought of not being by his side everyday was difficult to come to terms with. The pain of the upcoming separation wasn?t something they taught you about in any class. Obi-Wan was his friend, his teacher , but even more importantly, his father. Jivan and Anakin were the men they were today because of Obi-Wan.

Sensing his padawan?s troubled thoughts, Obi-Wan spun around. A warm loving smile lit up his handsome face, as he moved into the room and pulled the young man into a tight embrace.

"You?re late padawan mine." He gently scolded Jivan as he pulled back.

Luminous blue-gray eyes studied him intently, the Jedi Master relaxing when he was certain Jivan was alright.

"I?m sorry Master. Everything was behind schedule today." Jivan explained as he allowed his mentor to lead him toward the table.

Accepting warm hugs and loving kisses, Jivan happily settled down for a meal with the people he loved. Animated conversation and laughter touched on a variety of subjects, but eventually it worked it?s way to the subject of Anakin and his meeting with the Council. Surprisingly, it was Obi-Wan who brought the subject up.

"Ji, the Council has ordered Anakin to take a padawan." Obi-Wan announced as he fingered his glass of wine.

Stunned silence fell over the table at his words, all eyes settling on Anakin, who?s face had turned bright red. Muffled laughter turned into a pained gasp when Anakin kicked Desimir under the table. A warning look from blue-gray eyes had both men sitting up straight.

"I thi

24. darla101

darla101 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2003
    I get sick and i missed two whole posts!

"Is the Council certain they have that much insurance?"

LOL!

25. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I missed another post...You are just too fast a writer. How do you do that?

Anyway, loved the interplay among our favorite Jedi. So Anakin is being forced to take a padawan and everyone thinks this is funny...I don't think the future padawan would be so amused at the thought. And Master Obi-Wan will be available soon as well. Hummm...looking forward to seeing who gets whom...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.