main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo [Speculation] The inevitable thread: Who should play Han Solo in Anthology?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by DebonaireNerd, Jul 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Yeah, but he isn't. From a purely looks stand point the difference between the two might mellow some, but no more so than any other two random people will as the get older (more wrinkles, grey hair, maybe a little less hair). From a movie stand point we'll buy it though because we've had decades of examples to follow. As time goes on the connection is just cemented in our minds to the point where people that may have scoffed at heroin addict playing obi wan now won't except anyone else.

I really don't see it being that big of an issue for most people if the actor hits the right points and has a passing resemblance. People aren't going to accept a racebended blonde Han Solo, but they're clearly not going that way. We've accepted new James Bonds every few years, new Spidermen, new Batmen, younger Kirks, Spooks, Gordons, Picards. I know that some will never accept anyone that isn't Ford, but I think a good actor with a good story might even change some of those minds.

2. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    I know there was actually a big outrage among Bond fans and critics alike when Sean Connery was replaced by George Lazenby. Of course there was outrage, because people had gotten used to see Connery as the only Bond at that time. But by now, people accept new Bond actors all the time, and there is no fuss about it.

So, the same will eventually happen with Han Solo.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  3. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    Bad example, IMHO. Audiences didn't like George Lazenby so they brought back Sean Connery before they gave the role to Roger Moore. Hopefully the same won't be happening with the new Solo actor, but I'm not excluding such a possibility.

4. Jonipoon

Jonipoon Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2014
    They didn't like him because he wasn't Connery. Period. I've seen OHMSS many times and Lazenby is not a bad Bond at all. It's not a secret that reviews for the film has become much more positive in recent years, possibly because we now have 6 different Bond's to compare with instead of just comparing with Connery.

Anyway, I'm also not ruling out the possibility of the new Solo actor bringing outrage among fans and critics alike regardless of his looks and performance - simply because he isn't Ford.

5. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    I dunno. If they can afford him, I say just get Daniel Day-Lewis. The guy is amazing and he can pull ANYTHING off. Plus, as a bonus, he's try and go into space with a giant Orangutan or something .. method acting and all.

6. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I wonder if we might get an official casting announcement on May the Fourth?

7. ScorpionJedi

ScorpionJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 19, 2013
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Yep. We have our new scoundrel, and the circle is now complete. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.