main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spider-Man 3 Discussion Thread - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor

Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2005
    maybe thats what sandman is for

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    You know, Spiderman 2 focused a lot on the story and plot of the Spiderman universe. There was action, but it seemed to be reduced to give way for the advancing plot.

I myself hope there is more action in this one. With two villians to worry about, it would seem that action will be the main point of this film.

3. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    That one article says Opie's daughter will play Gwen Stacy!

4. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i'm wondering if we'll even get 3 villains with harry discovering the goblin equipment at the end of spiderman 2

5. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    That might be too much action.

:p

6. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it'll be interesting to see if they have a confrontation between Peter and Harry while they're not the spiderman or goblin

7. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    I?m still disappointed about the villains, to be quite honest. I thought for sure, that with Dr. Conners being in the first two installments, the Lizard would have been in this one. He was my favorite Spidey villain, when I was a kid.

8. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    yeah. he would've been a good classic villain to bring around

9. DT421

DT421 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2003
    Well, I fully admit that my favorite villains have to do with my childhood. One of the first comics I ever received was a ?Sinister Six? edition, back in the early seventies. Back then, the ?Six? where the Lizard, Kraven, Mysterio, the Sandman, the Vulture and Electro. It kinda alternated at times though, with Doctor Octopus and the Green Goblin getting thrown in there.

I kinda grew out of comics by the time Carnage and Venom came around, so I?m not quite as jazzed to see Venom in this one.

I loved the first Spidey movie, but had they done a better job with Gobby?s suit, it would have put it over the top for me. I thought he looked like a cross between Robo-Cop and one of the Coneheads. The Green Goblin always reminded me of Halloween, just not in the movie.

Other than that minor gripe, I still loved the movie. Spidey 2 was awesome (Doc was perfect). Hopefully I?ll love 3 also.

10. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    i can't wait to see pictures from the set of thomas hayden church, james franco, and topher grace

11. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    sorry for the back to back posting but there's a lot of news coming out lately about Spiderman 3.

the latest MAJOR SPOILER!!!:

Here's what we have been sent, mind you, this a VERY reliable source, no grain of salt needed: (CAUTION Spoilers ahead)

Rob, all the assumptions that Harry Osborn is the third villain the Hobgoblin are all wrong. Spiderman finds himself out numbered in this one. When everything seems to be at its worst for our hero, he finds himself an unlikely ally, Harry Osborn. Peter Parker's best friend will come to his aide.

Okay so let's look at this. Harry will come to Spidey's rescue? Did he finally realize his father was a kook? Apparently so. Here's more...

We will see Harry battling his inner demons to make the choice between his father's legacy and his best friend. I will fill you in more later but gotta go, crew call in 10 minutes, Sam doesn't like it when anyones late! Holla, Peace

Hey, but wait, according to the Matthew Mungle website James Franco will have make-up and appliances put on. So will be see Harry as Green Goblin II, Spidey's ally? I guess that remains to be seen!!

this is from IESB. here's the link

http://iesb.net/sony2006/020106.php

12. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    sorry for the back to back posting but just want to keep everyone up to date on the Spiderman 3 news.

here's a pic of how Bryce Dallas Howard is going to look as gwen for the movie
    [image=http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/jedimasterronoc/gwen.jpg]

13. weezer

weezer Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 16, 2001
    Huh, looks like Jessica Simpson for some reason.

14. plo_koom

plo_koom Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 26, 2002
    That seems very interesting, is it true?

15. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    lol, Conor, spoilers are allowed ya know. ;)

Anyways, it sounds like a play on the original concept of Green Goblin II in the comics. In the end, Peter convinced Harry back to his side, so they could save Mary Jane, Aunt May, and Peter from a collapsing building. Harry did save them, but lost his life thanks to the Goblin Formula being toxic.

Sounds good to me, if it ends up like that. :)

16. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    it'd be cool if they actually do that. nice twist in things. bc everyone who isn't hunting for spoilers will be surprised to see harry go good after seeing him looking at the goblin equipment

17. -Phoenix-

-Phoenix- Jedi Master star 5

Oct 21, 2005
    I actually like the idea of Harry in the goblin suit helping out Peter. That would be one sweet tag-team match.

18. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    It's something I never thought would happen. I always assumed he would be a bad guy.

19. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    there's just one thing i don't want to happen in this movie and that's for the bad guys to turn good or go noble at the end(w/ the exception of harry) the only thing that disappointed me about spiderman 2 was that doc ock went all noble at the end. i believe him to be a hard core villain. he should've been captured and put in a special prison like magneto in the x-men movies. venom has to stay evil all the way. it's just his character. sandman i could care less how they go w/ him but i'd rather the villains just stay bad all the way

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002

Umm... Venom has his own twisted moral code in the comics. He even moved to San Francisco for a while so as to protect innocents and not have to worry about Spider-Man anymore(as if he'd stayed in New York he would constantly be after Spidey).

And Sandman went straight for a while, even allied with Spider-Man a few times until recently.

So, whereas I agree with you about Doc Ock...Sandman and Venom have both shown to have changed their ways at least once each.

-~This is no Zaku, Boy. No Zaku!~-

21. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    a cool blog entry by someone who is working on set on spiderman 3

http://rishoutfield.blogspot.com/2006/01/spectacular-spider-fan.html

22. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    A twisted moral code isn't always all that moral in the end. But Venom is of a different breed. Considering his hate for Peter only seems to fuel him. But I don't think Eddie Brock is all that evil. I think in the end it depends on who's controling who. Because above all you must remember:

Eddie Brock =/= Venom

They are almost two seperate entities that thrive on each other to survive.

23. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    So there is

Sandman
    Venom
    Gwen Stacy

I also remember someone hearing the Black Cat will be in, could Gwen Stacy be the Black Cat too?

24. DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL

DARTH_GOLLUMSMEAGOL Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    no way, the black cat was like a russians daughter or something, some said the weird chick in his building in two was orrigannly going to be Black Cat.......

25. Jedi_Master_Conor

May 24, 2005
    if they're bringing in Gwen Stacy for the 3rd movie i doubt they'll bring in the black cat anytime soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.