main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Even if Peter does take up the mentor role for Miles... I want at least one full movie that's only his Spider-Man. NWH was perfect setup for that kind of movie.

2. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    well he's still in the MCU. i idon't think they're bringing that character to live action, but if they do i think it would be a Sony universe.

3. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Do you think Dr Strange could help me erase this movie

rocknroll41 and heels1785 like this.
  4. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Watching it for the 9th time today!! [face_dancing]

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  5. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    I wonder how much it will rake in this weekend?

6. Dr Silva

Dr Silva Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 23, 2021
    It will keep on making moolah i figure , the new matrix movie has pissed off alot of fans lol

Last edited: Dec 31, 2021
  7. S. Raw Rats

S. Raw Rats Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2021

ZanderSolo likes this.
  8. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    I saw Spider Man today. I liked it, but it was a bit convoluted and had a few too many characters. Still I enjoyed it, and there were several touching scenes.

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    From Tina alone? Or in general? ;)

10. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    Personally, I saw all the pro-wrestling I'll ever need to see in this movie. DaFoe and Holland did a wonderful job.

11. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm actually using my A-List membership for the 8th and 9th overall viewings this weekend. :p

The2ndQuest and Yodaminch like this.
  12. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    following you now

i love cats too

jealous of your spiderman no way home attendence record.

Princess_Tina likes this.
  13. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Thank you, I aim to please

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  14. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
  15. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
  16. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Honestly, if not for the pandemic, I probably would be doing the same as Tina. It's one of the few films I would like to see again- especially on IMAX. I really enjoyed it on that screen.

17. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Did anyone else read Andrew Garfield’s bit in his nasally Zoomer voice?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022
  18. PCCViking

PCCViking Chosen One star 10

Jun 12, 2014
    The interaction between the Spider-Men was the highlight of the film. And while Doc Ock was a menacing villain in Spider-Man 2, here it was mostly downplayed, not necessarily for laughs, but more light hearted. On the other hand, the Goblin was even nastier than in Spider-Man.

19. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Alfred Molina was the only reason I watched this movie. He’s the best.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  20. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
  21. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Seeing Miles Morales or a Spider-Woman (Gwen or otherwise) is, indeed, long overdue.

I can see why. Molina is great in everything he does. He's good at portraying morally complex, conflicted, or callous characters. He's also adept at showing a person seeking redemption. He was quite good in Promising Young Woman. His character got his redemption.

At any rate, that photo is funny Merkurian. In all honesty, I can't decide which Aunt May is my favorite. I like how all three actresses worked with their respective characters. Also, this is a bit of a controversial opinion...but I believe that Rosemary Harris' performance is the best in the original Raimi trilogy. Tops Molina, Maguire...and everyone else. I like Sally Field's take on May, as well as how she handled Mary Lincoln in the 2012 film. As for Marisa Tomei's May, I like her a lot, too. I'd say my favorite version of May was the one in Spider-Verse (2018), but I can't decide which of the three live-action Mays is my favorite. Harris' May reminds me of my late grandmother who lived to be 91. Field's reminds me of my actual Mom because my Mom is sweet but strict...and yet she's a wonderful lady. Tomei's May is more modern.

22. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Disney and Sony have no chill :eek: [face_laugh][face_rofl][face_laugh][face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]
    (Spoiler-tagged for profanity)
    [​IMG]

Ghost, Sarge, BigAl6ft6 and 3 others like this.
  23. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Sony is a weird company to hold custodial rights over Spider-Man. As it is, though, at least they're letting the creatives do what they want with the stories. Heh. I never really got the DC vs. Marvel rivalry. It's pretty obvious both companies borrowed from each other in terms of artistic and literary content. And I don't mind. It's whatever. Thanos was turned into Malthus and Ehrlich in film, and Darkseid was turned into Stalin. So...good...I guess. At is, I like this Phase Four and Spider-Man's place in it. I like how multiversal, chaotic, and odd the new phase has been. Good stuff.

Anyhow, the Flash from the Webb Duology is a much better Flash, IMO. This current Flash is a tad annoying. I like the humanity beneath the exterior, but it's a bit too cheeky for my taste. Lol. But, anyhow, that it is a funny meme. Parker made some mistakes in the film, but we all wanted to hug him throughout. That's how Spider-Man should be. That's why a wide swath of society relates to him.

And that's why the film made over $1 billion. The dude may be a cis man, but a **** ton of people relate to him.

24. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    This is true but I feel Miles origin works with a dead Peter Parker. He's his Uncle Ben Great power lesson. And in the Ultimate Spider-Man comics where Miles originated, Peter technically wasn't dead and came back anyway. And in Spider-Verse, Peter is dead for like 5 minutes before Peter B. Parker shows up.

So my vote would be Peter "dies" at the start, Miles becomes Spider-Man, post credit scene nope, Peter isn't dead. Then next flick mentor Parker.

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    yeah it should be remembered the Miles and Spider Gwen exist in alternate universes. i mean even 'Ned" was a character brought over from Miles version and renamed. If you do him i think it makes sense he's in another universe. Plus the MCU Peter is still a teen so there's no difference there between them