main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Spider-Man & SSU Films (Madame Web, Venom 3, Kraven, Beyond the Spider-Verse)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Spiderfan, May 20, 2008.

1. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    That was amazing. It should also note that the PS4 Spider-Man is the first Spidey videogame to have the Marvel flipbook logo at the start cuz Marvel was digging it so much.

I just bought a PS4Pro about 2 weeks ago too. I REALLY shouldn't buy this game cuz I have, like, 7 PS4 games already. Like if I'm being rational and logical and not a Spider-Man geek I just won't go out and buy this weekend right now. Probably.

3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
  4. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah, I lied, I went out and bought it on Saturday and it's great. Highly recommended for any PS4 enabled Spider-geeks. When I first found out that it wasn't tethered to any continuity I was kind of disappointed but having put in a few hours, it's kind of great it's in it's own "Insomniac Verse" because it manages to put some characters in interesting spots. And the roster of characters is great, something that couldn't have been accomplished if they tied to say to an MCU Spider-movie. I mean, the game opens with out taking out Kingpin! And Spider-Man lifts something heavy!! Also Spidey's quip game is really strong, he has a back and forth with a detective about him being a grizzled "Spider-Cop" that is hilarious. Also Peter is working for Doctor Octavius in his pre Doc-Ock days which gives it a bit of a Spider-Man 2 vibe of mentor and protege. Only odd point is that Spidey is finding his old backpacks around New York, which is a lot of fun to puzzle hunt when they pop up on your map, but they're still webbed to the wall after years (when webbing is supposed to disappear after an hour) but maybe the Insomniac-verse Spidey's high school formula was too sticky.

But, yah, open world swinging is such a dream. The combat can be pretty difficult at times but you need to stick and move cuz you're Spider-Man, dangit. My brain is sort of used to on the ground brawling from earlier Spider-games which really gets you whumped. And it looks fantastic. So any Spider-geeks that can, please do!

Anyway, this is a 40 minute history of Spider-Man videogaming for anyone who is into that. I have more than a few of these meself! (Shattered Dimensions was a great one from a continuity /story POV)

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
    Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  5. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
  6. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    It's official, Venom has received a PG-13 rating.

‘Venom’ Movie Rating and Runtime Revealed

[​IMG]

I'm kind of disappointed with the PG-13 rating because it means it's trying to be kid/family friendly. However, I would have preferred Venom to have R rated violence, especially if Carnage was going to appear or is in the works. I'd rather see a Venom that would fit in the world of Netflix's Daredevil or the Snipes' Blade films.

I'm not expecting much from this film, other than having the great potential of it being a turd in the wind.

7. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    not to say a PG-13 is a completely awful idea, I was reading Venom comics when I was, like, 12, it does hamper it to go absolutely bananas.

8. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Set photos from Far From Home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The set photos are so cute.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. Violent Violet Menace

Violent Violet Menace Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 11, 2004
    With Venom, you see the symbiote wrap it self around Eddie's head in the trailer, like it's eating it. But a second later it opens its mouth to speak and it's just a mouth. There's no Eddie in there. I know it's always been like this in the cartoons and everything, but my mind just can't accept it. Where'd the guy go? There was a guy in there! Hey, movie, you gotta give me a second to forget that there's a guy in there, and that there's no way his mouth could open that wide. :p

Especially in the other clip when it opens half the face to reveal Eddie inside but it still has the big Venom mouth. So I suppose the symbiote has the power to rearrange your body as it sees fit too, in addition to the other things it can do, and I'm thinking "is his head shaped like Donkey Kong in there now, with a normal skull and a giant jaw?" [face_hypnotized]

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  10. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    I believe Cletus Kasaday, after he merged with the Carnage symbiote, came back from a drop of blood or something insane like that but, yah, the implication is always it's a suit that can slide off and on so Eddie is in there somewhere even when Venom opens wide.

Unrelated to Venom but the Spider-Man PS4 game broke a hellova of a lot of sales records. It's really great you guys! But now that I have a few suits, I'm sorta ditching the Insomniac Spider-outfit and flipping back and forth between classic and Scarlet Spider. Anyway, the writing for Spidey's quips are great in a seriously lame and annoying Spider-Man gold way. Like I beat up a bunch of Fisk goons and Spidey was asking for rent money, it's awesome.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony 16X Wacky Wed/12X Hangman Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I just won two free tickets to see Venom next Wednesday. It's perfect because it's the exact price I planned on paying for this film.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    So the Venom movie raised some Red Flags this week with reports that the film won't be screened for critics until a couple of days before the release of the film and the review embargo not being lifted shortly thereafter. Typically, such a late screening for critics and lifting of a review embargo strong suggests a studio's lack of confidence in how its film will be receive and an effort to minimize the effects of negatives reviews. However, after watching one of my favorite pundits on YouTube, he offered some hope that this film won't end up being a turd blowing in the wind by saying it's possible the late screening and lifting of the embargo could be the studio's attempt to minimize a huge spoiler or spoilers in the film. I would like to believe this is the case. I would like to believe there's a huge spoiler in the film that will make this movie worth watching. I know Jon Schnepp, RIP, had said numerous times that he was told from people working on the film that...

Peter Parker/Tom Holland will appear in the film.
    http://collider.com/venom-movie-spider-man-cameo-tom-holland/

Jon Schnepp:
    Spider-Man is going to be in Venom. For the last couple of months, we’ve been hearing how Sony is keeping it all separated, and Spider-Man is in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, but every other character that’s in the Spider-Man universe is separate. All I’m saying is that Spider-Man—and I’m talking about Tom Holland’s Spider-Man—is going to be in Venom

Other media outlets and social media picked up Schnepp's reveal back in January of this year.

Schnepp stood by this "insider knowledge" vehemently and IIRC, was willing to bet the farm on it.

Of course, if Schnepp's report holds true, the ramifications are game changing for the Sony Venomverse. And is probably the reason why Sony has been in development with Morbius and other films related to Spider-Man. Additionally, the reason why Sony went with the PG-13 rating for Venom.

I already bought my tickets to Venom. I initially was going to see a Thursday night screening next week by myself because my wife is scheduled to work that night, but she wants to see it with me, so I reschedules my viewing for Sunday. As such, I plan to stir clear any reviews or information about the film until I see it.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  13. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Yah I'm going to go on the Saturday. Factoid: there's a bigger screen/reserved seating at my local cinema called AVX. Even moving seats called D-Box! And, that weekend, instead of Venom in that theatre, they're showing A Star Is Born.

...right. Well, must have some great DBox moving seat action for that one.

Dammit! Ah well, have to go regular non-reserved seating & smaller screen! Thanks, Gaga!

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  14. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

Always a good sign when the star of a film begins openly criticizing it before it has even opened.

Oh and despite the run time being listed as 112 minutes, allegedly the film itself is only 96 minutes with the remaining 15 being end credits/mid credit scenes and the like.

PimpBacca likes this.
  15. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    hahahah that is quite the credits/post credit montage! Anyway, it looks like Hardy was complaining that wacky dark comedy stuff didn't make it in.

https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/10/01/venom-tom-hardy-says-over-30-minutes-was-cut-from-the-movie

"They’re scenes that aren’t in this movie. There are like 30 to 40 minutes worth of scenes that aren’t in this movie... all of them. Mad puppeteering scenes, dark comedy scenes. You know what I mean? They just never made it in."

Co-star Riz Ahmed then jokes with him and says "If they didn't make it into the film, they weren't any good, bro. Alright, I hate to break it to you."

[​IMG]

Still expecting a really interesting special edition /R-rated cut of this

Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    IIRC, Venom will have its press screening tomorrow and the review embargo lifts on Wednesday.

I don't expect the film to be received well by critics, but it won't deter me from seeing the film. It actually might help with the enjoyment of the film if the movie scores "rotten" on the Tomato Meter and therefore I go into the theater with low expectations.

17. Adam of Nuchtern

Sep 2, 2012
  18. vin

vin Chosen One star 6

Dec 16, 1999
  19. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Luke02 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  20. Bilbo Fett

Bilbo Fett Force Ghost star 5

Apr 19, 2017
    At least one of those shots of Gyllenhaal (the one where the costume is covered up in black) looks more like a stunt double than it does JG.

21. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

I'm not the biggest Spider-man fan but this looks like an absolute riot.

22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yes! SP//dr is making an apperance

BigAl6ft6 and Sith_Sensei__Prime like this.
  23. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    That looks fantastic. I hadn't heard of it before today.

24. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I am absolutely 100% fully on board for Into the Spider-Verse.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    I've been reading a lot of the early reactions to Venom today. It looks like Tom Hardy isn't the only one to think it's a stinker.