main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Spring Word Race! Survey up!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Briannakin , Apr 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    I would actually love that (for perhaps all too obvious reasons :p ).

Kahara, Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    571+376

Landed in Jamaica a few hours ago. PC available to me, wordcounter.net is not counting the words, so I am having to use Word's counter.

Okay, my total is 947 now.

Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  3. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    Another picky question. I know outlines count, but do notes and explanations (that will appear in the posted story)? (Not replies)

Chyntuck likes this.
  4. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014

A good question; I'm curious to know, too, though I suspect not.

And I've made it to 1013. Baby steps, baby steps! :D

Chyntuck likes this.
  5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Yes, that's fine.

I'll update the list before I go to bed. I'm on an epic roll right now!

Chyntuck and Kahara like this.
  6. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Review race: First person to 5000 reviews wins! ( I AM JOKING: I AM NOT DOING THIS, though it would encourage people to read :p )

List has been updated!

Over the past couple of productive days, I've made it to 4394. Though I shall see tomorrow how productive I can be for the rest of this month.

Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  7. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    2862...and I'll beat you, I'm crazy, call me maybe, I have cookies, etc.

Chyntuck likes this.
  8. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    So far over the past few days I'm up to 982 words. Mainly because TOR keeps distracting me with shinies. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  9. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Might make more sense in context, but by themselves, I have no idea what "review word race one month" means.

Chyntuck likes this.
  10. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

It would be a hypothetical equivalent of a word race where the words being counted are those in detailed fanfic reviews. :)

Chyntuck likes this.
  11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Okay-dokey.

Chyntuck likes this.
  12. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    A large chunk of my weekend logorrhoea got cleaned up today. Total 4875 words.

A review race would be fun! It would also generate a lot of traffic on the story board and some older stories would probably come to the surface. I think we should do it :) (and no, there isn't a snowball's chance in hell I'll ever win that one.)

Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  13. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

14. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    ....and I was all excited that I broke the 1000 word mark. [face_plain] New total 1379 words.

15. jcgoble3

jcgoble3 Chosen One star 6

Nov 7, 2010
    At least you have more than one digit. I'm still at zero, because our central A/C unit died a few days ago, so it's been too hot inside to write at home (inside temperatures have been approaching 85°F despite having windows open and half a dozen fans running on high). And my primary place to write away from home, Starbucks, is a no-go this week because they're running a deal for half-price Frappuccinos all week, so they are crazy packed in the afternoons. :rolleyes:

And Briannakin, next time you update the list, if I haven't posted anything new since then, I want a zero put next to my name. Maybe it will motivate me to write something. Anything. I'll take any motivation I can get right now, because it's so hot in this house that all I want to do is take a nap.

Chyntuck likes this.
  16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    The temperatures are the same here, my mom is against getting an AC, we have not unpacked our fans yet, so you have my sympathy.

Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  17. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    We now have two window A/C units installed, including one in my bedroom. Hopefully that will make a big difference. The inside temperature in my room has already dropped by five degrees. I'm going to try to do some writing tonight.

Chyntuck likes this.
  18. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    1,197 with tonight’s effort…oh, hold on, did someone say material on the Non-Star Wars forum didn’t count?

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. jcgoble3

Nov 7, 2010
    I never heard any such thing.

And Briannakin, question for myself that Sith-I-5 will probably be interested in also: in December, you said that RPG posts could be counted toward the word race if they were to be posted here on the JC Forums. Is that the same this time around also?

Chyntuck likes this.
  20. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    NSWFF counts too as long as it is (eventually) posted on these boards, in that forum.

Yeah, that's fine. I have a soft-spot for RPG (one of these days I'll dip my toes back into those waters).

Anyways, I will update the list later tonight, however, I am warning you all now, I may be elusive over the rest of May. I got my syllabus for my class and... yikes. So there may be a few days between updates. Also I am bound and determined to get to 5000 words (just so that I don't have to give anyone colours for beating me). I don't see my word count going beyond that. I don't care. I get to do a paper on how historical perceptions of witches influenced the creation and characterization Dathomir Witches in the SWEU. Best. Class. Ever.

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and jcgoble3 like this.
  21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    I assume that means to PM you with the link to where the NSWFF (Non Star Wars Fan Fiction) piece is, since it is already posted there, when the challenge finishes.

571+376+1197= 2144

Thank you, both. :)

I'm pleased to get into the thousands too, doesn't sting so bad that I'm getting so badly out-stripped by three or four of you.

22. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Sith-I-5, I don't think you need to prove that you've posted something, the challenge is run on the honour system.

jcgoble3 and Chyntuck like this.
  23. Kahara

Kahara Chosen One star 4

Mar 3, 2001
    2,822 as of yesterday. Not that impressive for the amount of time invested, but at least I got a post finished. :p

Chyntuck likes this.
  24. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    List has been updated.

And yeah. This all works on the honour system. However, if you say you wrote like 50,000 words and no one ever sees anything from you, I may raise my eyebrow.

25. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Two more questions for anyone who's willing to answer, just because I'm incurably curious.

1. Are you working on stuff that you plan to post immediately (i.e. at some point this month) or on stuff that you'll post in the future? I'm asking because the chapters of my longfic that I'm posting this month are mostly stuff that I wrote in the previous word race :rolleyes: but this time, I'm doing a little bit of both.

2. How much of an outline do you have for whatever you're writing? (My answer: for what I've been working on since Friday, "very detailed outline" doesn't even begin to describe it, so it's really about dressing up the story with words.)

Kahara likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.