main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Standoff on Hoth - A SWC Rebellion RPG

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Jedi Gunny, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr-Fett

Mr-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2009
    Working up a cs now if its not to late.

2. Mr-Fett

Mr-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2009
    CS Approved

Name: Cassius Bralor
    Species: Mandalorian
    Homeworld: Unknown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Hair Color: Brown
    Skin Color: White
    Appearance: 5'10 stocky muscular build, covered in numerous battle scars one notable one is a lightsaber wound from his left shoulder to his right hip.
    Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Foot Soldier
    Main Weapon: Modified E-11B Blaster Rifle
    Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): 2 modified automatic Bryar Pistols
    Possessions: Dark blue Crusader MK III armor, One modified Whitecloak Star Fighter
    Biography: Not much is known about Cassius other than the fact that he used to be part of the mandalorian culture but for untold reasons he left that life and joined the rebel alliance. He is a very good ground soldier and star fighter, although he prefers to fight his battles on the ground up close and personal.

3. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    I too am withdraw my character sheet. Mainly because of NaNoWriMo, I really need to focus on that for the whole month of November. If this game does happen eventually though, I would like to have a part.

4. KnightFr0mOssus

KnightFr0mOssus Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2009
    Man, I hope some people hold out.

5. AMNDRAG_01

AMNDRAG_01 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2008
    don't worry with me, i'll stay hered till my dying day.

6. Mister_Master

Mister_Master Jedi Master star 6

Oct 17, 2007
    GM Post:

IC: Admiral Piett

Admiral Piett strode onto the bridge of the Executor; his hands clasped behind his back. A officer in Imperial uniform hurried over and handed him a datapad. Piett looked down at the datapad and had to slightly squint to read it. His eyes weren't quite what they used to be. After a moment of adjustment Piett was able to read what it said. One of the many probe droids they had sent out to scout the galaxy for the rebels had come back with something.

Piett walked over to one of the vid screens on the bridge. "Patch me in to Lord Vader's quarters." He ordered the officer working at that station. A moment later a image of Darth Vader showed up on the screen. "Lord Vader, one of our probe droids have located the rebels on the planet Hoth."

"Good. Deploy the fleet."

"The fleet is already preparing to leave. We will arrive in a day."

[b]IC: Ragathar[/b]

Ragathar hissed as he threw off the blankets. The air was cold. He hated the cold. He hated this planet. It was always cold here. He threw on some clothes, and quickly moved down the hall to the mess hall. His eyes quickly adjusted to the dimly lit room. There were a few people here, but most people were not up this early.

Ragathar moved through the room, and poured himself a cup of coffee. When he first tried the stuff he hated it. But after awhile he grew to like it. When breakfast was served many of the men and women of the alliance began to show up. Ragathar hissed at all the people showing up, and ruining his quite. But as always it was inevitable. He just shrugged it off, and went to enjoying his breakfast.

Tag: Everyone

[hr]
    OOC: Sorry it took us so long to reply. School is keeping us busy. Hopefully we will be able to keep this going after it starts moving. Thank you all for being so patient with us. Now I surrender the GM pencil to Gunny.

7. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Vho Lak woke up and got out of bed. He hadn't been able to sleep well that night. It wasn't from the cold, but rather from nightmares. He had had nightmares every day for a year after his wife, Zha Lak, was executed 7 years ago. It was uncommon for him to have nightmares these days as his mind had been filled with total hate for the Empire and everything it stood for. As a Kel Dor, Vho saw morality as black in white with few. In his eyes, if you were affiliated with evil, you were evil. He did have a few exceptions though: in regards to Imperials who have good hearts and did not want to serve the Empire but couldn't currently leave. As for Imperial defectors, he admired their courage to join the enemy.It was probably because he too was once the same way. He complied with the Empire's rules, regulations, and edicts during his merchant days. He failed to see through the veil the Empire used to hide their true intentions. He felt he could relate to those who put their trust in the Empire and learned the hard way like he did. If an Imperial who did support the regime's ideals pleaded mercy, he would never regret killing him/her, even if it went against orders.

Vho possessed a special type of antiox mask that allowed him to feed himself via hose. He detested having to eat liquid food but whatever suited the alliance better was fine with him. When he was done, he sat by himself like always and began fiddeling with his dead wife's necklace which he kept with him all the time.

TAG: everyone

I fiddled around with Vho's moral issues a bit, so it sort of deviates from what I originally said in my CS from two months ago. He's similar to the original character but unlike the original, he differentiates good Imperials who want to defect or have defected from normal Imperials.

8. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Oh, Can't believe I forgot to put OOC in front! Sorry about that.:oops:

9. Littledawg

Littledawg Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 19, 2008
    IC : Karn Fell

"Alright, alright look im not arguing with you its just that we haven't seen an Imperial ship since Yavin and we get CAP every day, almost every shift, it's frakin' crazy!" Bravo 4 came in over the com.

"And, I'm sayin' that there just aren't enough of use to pull a normal CAP, we lost enough men at Yavin that now we all have to give a little more." Bravo 2, Karn's second in command replied cooly.

Bravo 4 wasn't having that. "Echo hasn't pulled CAP in three days, and there last CAP was about two hours long 'cause of a malfunction in one engine. A malfunction that no one could find!"

"Alright! Thats enough!" Karn but in. "It doesn't matter what or who is up here, the fact is that we both do the same job, and we already missed one sizeable meteorite, if that had hit the base, who do think would have gotten the blame? That's right me, every time one of you all frak up Im the one takin the heat. So do your jobs, or I will have your flight status revoked." Karn was agitated. It was true, his men had pulled more than there fair share of time in the cockpits, but more so because it seemed that whenever command had a job either to difficult for or just flat out boring it was call in Bravo. His squad was either finding new and incredibly interesting ways to killed or they were all out on milk runs. Karn glanced at his displays, "Alright Im runningon fumes here let's begin our decent. Karn looked down on the planet. It barely rated the name, it wasn't a planet, more like, a ice ball.

Karn jumped out of his cockpit and heard his R-2 unit scurry of. He was on his way to the mess hall when another one of his pilots caught up to him. "Uh, excuse me sir?"

"What? Karn keyed open the mess hall doors grabbed a tray and grabbed the usual muck from the dispensers. The rookie looked frightend and had the look in his eyes that went I have to eat that?

"Well sir, the, uh, the Commander sent me to report to you, Im your new rookie." The boy sat down in front of him, Karn stared with disbelief, the boy couldn't be more than 16 years old.

"Really?" Karn glanced at the ceiling. "So why are you here?"

"I wanna be a pilot sir. I was the best in the Imperial academy." The boy looked so proud of himself.

"We arent Imperials here, infact, we have a totally differnt style of combat, we never, ever out number Imperials, ever, and if we do well pray to whatever diety you have that it last, because it isn't gonna last long." Karn glanced at the other pilots around the room. "I want you to go to the Crew Chief and tell him that you need a carving on your bird, Bravo 7 should do."

"Sir, your file said you only had five pilots, wouldn't that make me six?"

"First rule of my squad, sometimes being a pilot isn't about just flying a ship, it's also knowing when to keep your mouth shut." Karn began to eat. As the recruit walked away Karn reached out and grabbed hold of an armband around his shoulder S.A., Sam Anders was the only pilot he had ever lost, even with all his suicide missions he had only ever lost one pilot, even if it had been his best friend.

Tag : Any one

OOC: CAP - Close Air Patrol for anyone who doesn't know.

10. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Selena

The air was freezing. So freezing that Selena slept through the night with her clothes on. Aat first she sat in the bed with the covers around her. Eventually, Selena decided that will not do anything so she got out of her bed and started walking the halls of the base.

TAG: any

11. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    IC: Vho Lak

Tired of the noisy ensigns, Vho decided to walk through Echo Base to the catwalk over a fissure not to far from the his room. Vho often came here to think because it was wide enough for three people to walk shoulder to shoulder and the wind that ran through the fissure made a beautiful nose that reminded him of his people's home world of Dorin. Vho was born on Coruscant, but as a child, his parents brought him to Dorin a few times before the Empire took over when he was 4. On Dorin, the sky made strange noises. It was from these noises that Dorin names are formed. If at birth, the wind makes a 'kla' noise, then the child will be named Kla. Vho was not born on dorin because he was premature. His parents were going to have him there but he was born a month earlier than expected. he almost didn't make it either because his mother almost had him before they were able to reach a Kel Dor atmospheric room in the hospital. Thus, Vho's name was a hand-me-down from his grandfather. The noises from the fissure reminded him of the time before the Empire. The noise calmed Vho down when he was stressed and the experienced Rebels knew to keep silent when passing by.

An ensign happended to pass by and stopped behind him. " Kel Dor, what the hell are you doing? Are you injectin' yourself with stims?"
    To that, Vho whirled around and punched the square in the face knocking the ensign onto the floor of the bridge. "how dare you interrupt me! Do you know what it's like losing your love, leaving your family, and becoming a fugitive? Do you?"
    " No sir, sorry sir, I was raised by a middle class family on Correlia. I didn't know... I'm sorry for disrespecting you sir. It's just, you do it every day and I was tired of keeping my mouth shut."
    " So you had to make a wisecrack just to gain satisfaction? That is very immature. Now go to your quarters! That was a lesson learned, there are much worse people than I. If you did the same to someone else, you might have gotten tossed into the chasm."
    "I'm sorry sir, and I'll warn my friends about bothering you. I'm leaving."

Vho was glad a superior didn't catch him. He had done the same before many times throughout the past 7 years. It was as if some entity took over as soon as someone disrespected him when he took a moment to think, to sort his thoughts, to remember.

TAG: Anyone

12. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    IC: Bren Derlin

The coldness of Hoth whispered around the various entrances to the Rebel Base. Sometimes Bren could of sworn that it hissed even more hideously with each passing day. He brought a cup of hot cocoa to his mouth and sipped the delicious brew. After a few moments, he broke out a flask of Corellian Whiskey and drank its contents empty. He sensed that something was going to happen soon; he had a gut feeling that this place would not be the Rebels final outpost.

He gathered his men and had them depart on their hourly rounds on Tauntans. "Remember, everyone, we are on hourly shifts. Do not stray more than an hour away from the base. Until we get the snowspeeders ready, everyone must stay close to the base. Besides, I really don't think that anyone wants to become a permanent resident here, now do they?"

With that his men rode out on their Tauntans and he shut the large door behind them. His eyes stinged from the frost-bitten air that howled into the base upon the doors closing. He quickly rubbed his gloved hands over them and then gathered his roster for the next crew.

TAG: Anyone

13. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: Will post tommarrow.

14. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    IC: Selena

Selena walked into a cafeteria and got something to eat. Even though she was hungry, for some reason she just poked at it.

?You should probably eat that.?

Selena looked up and smiled ?Erin it is so good to see you. Why are you up so early??

Erin smiled and sat down, ?I was going to ask you the same thing.?

Selena said ?It was so cold, I couldn?t sleep.?

15. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Man, this rp needs to start up again. It's been a month since the last post and like 4 months since its conception. Is this thing gonna come back into being?

16. AMNDRAG_01

Jan 10, 2008
    OOC: I know, let's try to keep it alive.

ic: Selena

The two friends sat together in scilence. Finally Erin said to Selena "Where's Jake?"

Selena sighed, "He is on patrol duty."

Erin looked at her friend "You don't like it?"

Selena shrugged, "I know it's necesary, i just don't like it. I fear he will get attacked by a wampa or something."

17. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009
    Vho ebtered the tauntaun stalls. It was his turn as well as a few of the other staff's turns to survey the area around Echo Base for anything suspicious. Although most people there hated going on guard shift because of the temperature, Vho found the cold soothing to him because it gave him something to occupy his mind in place of his extreme animosity towards the Empire, memories of his family wh he hadn't seen in a very long time, and the memory of his wife. He mounted a tauntaun, brought it out the hatch, and brought it to a steady run on the glacial fields.

What a desolate place this was, there was nothing to see for miles but small hills and the occasional outcropping. Rebels were told not to stray too close to rock outcroppings as it could indicate the presence of a wampa cave. Wampas were the only thing to worry about on this planet. They were reptimammals that stood at around 2 meters in height or more sometimes. They also stood on their hind legs most of the time so caution had to be taken to not mistake one for a fellow rebel. Other then that, there were the three species of tauntaun: common tauntauns, glacier tauntauns, and climbing tauntauns, all of which dwelled in caves and ate lichen. Tauntauns could be found offworld as well but they are usually genetic offshoots of tauntaun such as ku-paas. It was suspected that an ancient race distributed the race long ago but importation is also possible as desolate and far-flung as Hoth is.

This job was among Vho's favorites, it was one were he could be truly alone, isolated from both his painful thoughts and the people who gave him odd stares when he sat alone and refused to talk to people. He wasn't cheery minded like many of the soldiers, even before the incident on Coruscant, he was serious about things. His father was the same way and rarely joked. They would talk politics and news when they ate dinner in their atmospheric enclosure/ house on Coruscant. Of course, much of the news and politics that they talked about then was in truth propaganda. Vho never looked past the veil of propaganda until he joined whiplash in the underworld of Coruscant. His father too learned that the Empire was brutal from the incident but he chose to keep quiet to avoid being deemed treasonous. He was an ordinary merchant and wanted no part in the war but to remain neutral. And so Vho hated his father for being so selfish and narcissistic.

Vho looked up at the sky, and noticed a few meteors coming down a few miles away. Meteor showers were common on Hoth, as the Hoth system boasted an asteroid field of impressive density and size. Regardless, it was his duty to check out any and all meteorites. Thus, he nudged his tauntaun in the direction of the meteorites which had already hit.

OOC: anyone willing to continue the rp still.

Anyways, we need the gm's to start this thing up again. It took so many months to get airborne and then it stopped all of the sudden.

18. HairyWookiee12

HairyWookiee12 Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2009
    OOC: Did you get my CS? I sent it to you.

19. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    OOC: My CS was approved!

The Character Sheet:

Name: Lowcal

Species: Wookiee

Homeworld: Tralus

Eye Color: Green

Hair Color: Dark Brown

Skin Color: Light Tan

Appearance: A tad larger than his other Wookiee counter-parts. Brown with stripes of Tan going down his chest, 460 lbs., 6,11

Position (Pilot, Foot Soldier, Officer): Foot Soldier

Main Weapon: Heavy Ion Blaster Rifle

Alternative weapon(s) (be reasonable): DC-15S Blaster

Possessions: Lightsaber (Pasted down from his Great-Great-Great Grandfather), a lantern, a large bag of Bantha Jerky, Bursa hide skin

Biography: Born on 31 BBY, Raised on Tralus, he soon moved to Dantooine with his foster parents (His parents died in the First Battle of Zonama Sekot)... At the age of 18; he joined the Rebel Alliance and became a Medic/Foot Soldier and is temporarily relocated at Hoth. And is now fighting in the Battle of Hoth.

20. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    IC: Lowcal

Lowcal was looking around at the people sitting there in the ship. Wow... He thought, he somewhat felt bad for all the Rebels that were forced away from their family and friends, yet he had no known family members. Well, they had been traveling for 3 days straight and he was starting to feel sick... Suddenly there was a whoosh of air and a strange sensation in his stomach! Then the transport ship's door opened and a large string of light hit Lowcal in the eyes, Arrrgghh! It was like being blinded... he thought. Once his eyes adjusted to the harsh, cold light and he stepped off the transport ship. He looked at his contact card he was given at Dantooine... My contact is.... Vel Dor Wow, what a strange name he thought... After he entered Echo Base he was greeted by a array of people, and he believe he saw Leia Organa in there... He soon ran into a Vel Dor. How strange, he looked a little like Plo Koon. He remember hearing about Plo Koon when he was little... Anyway, after briefly shaking hands Lowcal asked,

"Would you happen to be Vho Lak?"

There was a little pause then the Vel Dor spoke.

Tag: KnightFr0mOssus

21. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    OOC: I serious think that this is a good RP, more people should get into it...

22. KnightFr0mOssus

Apr 26, 2009

After Vho had returned from scouting duty, he was given orders by Sergeant Jaq Fenrir to show around a new recruit and get him settled. Apparently, the Rebellion were still recruiting people to work in Echo Base. It was risky business. The New recruit was Wookiee to Vho's surprise. Wookiees tended to be difficult. They spoke shriiwook and other Wookiee languages but not Basic. Also, It was impossible for non-Wookiees to speak Shriiwook correctly. Thus, both parties neede to be able to understand each other which wasn't a problem for the Wookiees but was a problem for many other sentients.

Fortunately, Vho had been instructed on Shriiwook as a child by his father. Wookiees were common on Coruscant despite the Slavery efforts on Kashyyyk and Alaris Prime headed by the Trandoshans. Vho's father had many Wookiee friends from the underbelly and mid sector of Coruscant. They too were merchants and specialized in wooden merchandise like toys and furniture and such. When Kashyyyk and Alaris Prime were invaded by slavers and the Empire deemed the wookiees as Jedi supporting brutes, his friends went to join Whiplash in the underbelly or just moved further towards the planet surface to avoid attention. Regardless, Vho was taught Shriiwook if ever he needed it as a merchant, especially offworld.

Anyways, the Wookiee walked up to him after the transport opened up. He inquired "Are you Vho Lak?"
    After a brief pause, Vho answered "Yes, I am one and the same. And you must be Lowcal."
    "Yes, I am Lowcal."
    "Well then, shall we get on our way around the base? I'm to show you your quarters, what you are to do during the day, and your squad."

Vho had showed eveything to Lowcal in the course of a few hours. He also taught Lowcal how to ride a Tauntaun which wasn't hard for Lowcal as he had ridden carrion strats on Tralus. The wookiee was also formally introduced to his squad which also happened to be Vho's as well.

TAG: Lowcal

23. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    IC: Lowcal

After Vho Lak showed him around to the many halls and rooms of Echo Base, he some what felt like home... Well, his foster parents were constantly moving him around, He pretty much knew no home... He has currently lived on 7 planets. Lowcal, in a strange, weird way somewhat liked Echo Base. The people seemed friendly enough, though they could not speak hid fluid language but, they were nice enough to say hello. Vho Lak (could speak Shyriiwook and surprisingly Thykaraan too) showed him the squad he would be traveling in and around Hoth with; mainly searching for any Imperial Causality.

They were infact ordered to kill. After that, the Vel Dor showed him how to ride a tawntawn. Lowcal himself was fluid with the tawntawn for there were many similar creatures on Tralus and Dantooine. After a very long day, Lowcal slept.

OOC: I am sorry if I misspelled Vho Lak's name a few times, KnightFr0mOssus.

TAG: KnightFr0mOssus

24. HairyWookiee12

Nov 22, 2009
    OOC: I seriously would like to get this RP back up!

25. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This game has just ended. It will now be closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.