main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Comics Star Wars Adventures: Tales from Vader’s Castle (5/5 Released)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by iPodwithnomusic, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Senpezeco

Senpezeco Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 27, 2014
    Preview for #5: The Terror of Darth Vader:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Supreme Leader Woke

Supreme Leader Woke Jedi Master star 2

Dec 29, 2017
    It’s so neat that we’ve gotten both the frame story of the miniseries and now the main story of this issue in tandem with the final arc of Soule’s Vader comic!

It’s probably safe to assume that Vader’s here-mentioned slaughtering of the Mustafarians is the one we’ll see in the upcoming “Fortress Vader” issue. Yay, synergy!

3. spicer

spicer Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2012
    Wow, the art in this mini continues to impress. Nice job IDW!

4. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I think I would faint if they were able to put Mateus Santolouco on a mini or the main title for a bit. His work on the Turtles title is what I picture when forming a mental image for the turtles. I would live to see his work on SW.

BigAl6ft6, spicer and Senpezeco like this.
  5. tatooinesandworm

tatooinesandworm Jedi Master star 3

Jul 30, 2015
    I think I would faint if they were able to put Mateus Santolouco on a mini or the main title for a bit. His work on the Turtles title is what I picture when forming a mental image for the turtles. I would live to see his work on SW.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I'm waiting for the tpb on this - Amazon UK says 7 May 2019.

7. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    @The2ndQuest
    @AdmiralNick22
    5/5 released

This issue has the smallest mini-story/flash back to previous story as most of it takes place in the present. I enjoyed that it called back to the previous stories to help Skritt become a hero. I think Lina is kind of dumb to go back for Crater but we know he has to survive based on future events. Her getting away felt a little too unrealistic, but that's my only gripe.

I definitely think reading it in trade-form will result in the most enjoyment from beginning to end.

tatooinesandworm and DarthJaceus like this.
  8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Looks like neither of them are online. I'll get it for you, Tony.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Thanks! May 7th is a long time to wait for the TPB, but like I said, you'll probably get the most enjoyment reading it that way.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I just don't have a local comic store so waiting for the tpb is easier.

11. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    it was good I thought Vanee woulda end up on some weird dark side prophet type action but atlas he's still just vader's maid even know he looks like a discount sheev

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    4 & 5 were good, 4 because Gorax however I felt it kinda wrapped up too cleanly (like, what 4 pages?) but hey, it had Gorax and #5 was very Vader centric and I loved how he was drawn not in detail but as an absence of light with glowing red eyes, it was really effective and creepy.

Oh and the dancing idol in the issue that gets blasted apart in Solo? Erm, do we know when this Vader's castle mini takes place? It could be before the dancing god idol got smashed? Like it was here, sold to Vos and then smashed 10 years before Yavin?

13. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    what if the dancing goddess regenerated

14. LelalMekha

LelalMekha Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2012
    Or there were two. Or one is a fake.

15. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    It's not before; Lina's part of the Rebel Alliance.

16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    is there a concrete rebel alliance founding date? I know Mon Mothma on Rebels gets a bunch of cells to show up but they're still an Alliance before that I think. Because there's a bunch of cells about 3 years before but there's still a Rebel Alliance that they're posting to. And Enfy's Nest crew seems like another disparate cell who would report to someone else. Also in Vader's Castle she says they may have be "allowed" to escape to they can reveal it which is something since Kanan knows about Mustafar 3 years before Yavin.

If none of this is feasible, I am open to the notion that Qi'Ra's first Very Important Task for Maul and Crimson Dawn was gluing the statue back together and giving it back to Vader.

Anyway, one thing in issue #5 I liked was the Mustafar locals freaking out to take back their land which ties in nicely with the current final arc of Darth Vader with him founding his castle.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  17. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    The Rebel Files confirms the ending of Secret Cargo (in 2 BBY) was the Declaration of the Rebel Alliance. The rebel cells were just "the rebellion" before that, rather than the Rebellion, or the Alliance.

DarthJaceus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  18. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Sooo, I have been hovering around this series, not knowing how to feel about it.

But, it seems really cool from what I've seen. Lots of cool nuggets and goodies here to digest for a lore fan. Is it any good? Where should I get started?

19. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Resurrecting this thread to mention that Dark Horse is reprinting the entire "Vader's Castle" series, including the "Shadows of Vader's Castle" one-shot and the 2019 Free Comic Book Day story, in the hardcover Star Wars: Vader's Castle - The Deluxe Library Collection, releasing on September 24, 2024. I think this is the first time the entire series, including those one-shots, have been compiled. Good news for fans of that series, and gives us some hope that the rest of IDW's neglected Adventures line eventually gets similar treatment.

[​IMG]

WMIRTUTSF and QuinlanSolo like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s pretty hard to find them. So I just didn’t even bother when reading canon. Only reading and getting the Dark Horse stuff. And the already reprinted under dark horse stuff

The Positive Fan likes this.
  21. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    Most of the Adventures TPB line is still available and reasonably priced on Amazon, although I wouldn't blame anyone looking for them for wanting to hold out for a better reprint from Dark Horse. The IDW TPBs were literally undersized and often compiled only three issues at a time. If Dark Horse wanted to do a couple collections of them along the lines of, say, the excellent Rebels TPB they did a couple years ago, I wouldn't complain!

22. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    If there was a prior thread, I couldn't find it. (Edit - clearly missed it completely!)

Anyway, the news is from Cavan here:

https://www.threads.net/@cavanscottwriter/post/C4yYz50K-uD

424 page Library Edition hardback, out in October.

Dark Horse's Library Edition are akin to DC Comics' Absolute range but sold at a fraction of the price, often with better production values.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2024