main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

Ahsoka Star Wars: Ahsoka - Season 2 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jan 9, 2024.

1. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    I wonder how many theories about SW end up just wrong? Did anyone every count up how many theories about Marrok were just wrong? I've decided screenrant gets all of its theories from trolling message boards. A fun entertainment read, but I'd rather read it here.

2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They won't want to bring Ahsoka and Sabine back to quick, gotta give Thrawn a bit of time to cause mayhem before our heroine puts an end to his evil machinations!!!

3. Canadian Jedi Master 75

Canadian Jedi Master 75 Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 19, 2023
    I never once believed the theories that Ezra was going to be Marrok, which was the reason his character was wearing a mask.

4. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Reality if often less exciting than the speculation

Marrok seemed like a character that was set up for some face reveal... and then it turned out he was just a smoke spirit thing that wasn't all that important

5. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    And however they'd get back is secondary to the Baylan factor.

6. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    His evil machinations should be put an end to by being betrayed by someone he trusts, as originally intended. Not by "our heroine".

7. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Honestly, based on the ending scenes I got the impression that Ahoska and Sabine would face down Baylan and Shin on Peridea itself, and stopping Thrawn would be left to Hera and Din and the ot cast (off screen of course).

8. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Considering that Filoni and Headland seemingly have good working relationship, wonder if Ahsoka season 2 will at least give hints regarding The Acolyte's loose ends.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  9. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I have my doubts. The lose ends probably require more than what Ahsoka series 2 would be able to give.

Sadly i think a lot of the lose ends will be explored in other media. Which will really only cater to those fans who would seek them out. Like the comics.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
  10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Comic, book or animation.

11. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    They created the potential for yet another game with new characters and even Plagueis using a lightsaber, that's money in the bank for LFL.

12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Hopefully for a new show or movie

13. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    How much have we actually heard about Ahsoka season 2 a year after season 1 happened? Given the state live action Disney Plus material seems to be in right now can we even be sure a second season of this will actually happen?

If Celebration comes and goes and we still haven't heard about much movement towards season 2 happening we can probably question if Ahsoka season 2 is even in the cards anymore.

I feel a lot of these projects are going to end up being combined into the Filoni and Mando and Grogu movie.

14. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    I mean the earliest it could come out is late 2025 with 2026 being more likely. An almost three year gap between seasons isn't desirable

15. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    I think it was Lars Mikkelsen who hinted that it might start shooting early next year. .

Last edited: Aug 20, 2024
  16. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    I have a feeling that this project will quietly die.

17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Yeah if anything we will get an Ahsoka movie

18. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I have a feeling you all are overreacting just a little.

Ghost Ryder likes this.
  19. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Ahsoka has a lot going for it where Acolyte didn’t. It’s quite a bit cheaper to produce (Volume, baby), had better viewership than both Acolyte/Andor and it actually saw growth in viewership as the season progressed. Plus, it’s the pet project of one of the leading figures at Lucasfilm.

TCF-1138 , Lomer2012 and Ghost Ryder like this.
  20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Dosent hurt thats Filoni's pet project

21. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think they will make an Ahsoka movie. I have a feeling it wouldn't be a project they would see any merit in as a movie.

Why do I think this? They took Obi Wan and made it a TV show. Obi Wan probably would have made a lot of money at the box office purely from its concept and ewan Mcgregor coming back as Obi Wan. But what happened? They had no faith in it and made it into a 90 mil TV Show.

When you compare that to Ahsoka, id be amazed if they had more faith in Ahsoka than Obi Wan.

22. Cos Palpatine

Cos Palpatine Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2022
    "Solo" flopped and the streaming wars were beginning...which caused them to shy away from films and pivot towards streaming, in the process converting would be "A Star Wars Story" film ideas like Kenobi and Boba Fett into shows.

Considering the way Ahsoka S1 ended, Filoni clearly has more story to tell to set up his film so they basically have to make an S2 whether the bean-counters want them to or not. I suppose they could cram it all into Filoni's film like @AvarandElzarsittininatree suggested but that might be biting off more than they can chew so I think their hands are tied and we are most likely gonna get an Ahsoka S2.

23. Daxon101

Jan 7, 2016
    Im not sure it works that way in the studio system. If they can leave threads opens with The Alcolyte then they probably won't see it as important to make that an exception for Filoni with Ahsoka.

Mostly because its Filoni's problem to figure out how he gets around Ahsoka to make his own movie. The fact they are giving him a movie at all wouldn't be seen as unfair. And chances are Filoni wants to focus on a different plot for Series 2 than what his movie would be anyway.

Thats not to say I don't think there will be a series 2. I have no idea what to think anymore.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  24. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    Lol why? Because they cancelled a series that cost considerably more than Ahsoka and had consistently lower viewership?

Lucasfilm and Disney have the numbers, internally they know what threshold a series has to cross to justify its continuing existence. Even without knowing what that exact threshold is, I could have guessed that a series that cost more than House of the Dragon not being one of the consistently dominant streaming series during its run would be a red flag.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2024
  25. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Ahsoka had strong viewership numbers, was well-received, and ended on a cliffhanger. It was then announced as having been renewed for a season 2.
    The Acolyte — as much as I loved it — had middling viewership numbers, was not overly well-received, didn't actually end on a cliffhanger, and was never announced as having been renewed.
    Ahsoka also cost less to produce.

You can see the difference here, right?