main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Elder74

Elder74 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2020
    The CIS Strikes Back. Lol!

2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm working now but I can add you to the Community Board later on today (I'm in NY time).

Elder74 likes this.
  3. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Has anyone actually managed to win a Supremacy game on Tatooine as the Rebels? I'm almost convinced it's impossible at this point.

heels1785 likes this.
  4. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @Elder74 - shot you a friend request on psn.

@Grievousdude - it's a known balancing issue, a bad one. i think it's being addressed alongside the maul skin in a minor update.

Elder74 likes this.
  5. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    Ironically about an hour or so after posting that I did finally get a win, but when I checked the scoreboard most of the Imperial team had very low scores so they were either really bad or joined late.

Maybe that could reduce the number of AT-ST's on the map at once and increase the spawn times for them?

heels1785 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So do you all think this is the end for Battlefront as a series? I know currently DICE as far as we know has no plans for it, but I think that’s more to do with EA wanting all hands on Battlefield 6 so it can bring the series back. I could see a Battlefront 3 happening one day but not for 3 or so years

7. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Eyy I just discovered this thread haha, always wondered if there was a bf2 thread on the boards. I'm not the best lol, I only started gaming like this year, but with quarantine and all I've been playing a lot more, usually a couple hours a day.

8. Grievousdude

Jan 27, 2013
    My guess is that the next Star Wars game will probably be the Fallen Order sequel for the next console gen, but I hope we get a new entry some time after that. Battlefront better not become a series that can't reach 3 for the second time.

9. Elder74

Apr 3, 2020
    Guys and girls!

I was playing SWBF2 earlier last night (day for some of you) And my game crashed twice which of one I have recorded.

anyone familiar with this crash:

teamhansolo likes this.
  10. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    I've never seen it before, sorry

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm still disappointed that for all the marketing that BF2 got (comparing number of maps to BF 2015, for instance), it still seemed like it could've been so much more. The bulk of the maps were the same ones from previous versions of the game; and they didn't even care to bring over the popular game modes from BF 2015 for whatever reason. I certainly wasn't impressed at all by the game's hero roster when all was said and done. Yes, we got more heroes than the previous 2015 version, but in reality, outside of the two ball droids who was the real new hero on the roster (one that wasn't in any previous version of the game)? Just an FYI in case you haven't played them, Anakin, Grievous, and Kenobi were in the old BF games from the early 2000s. Those also featured a handful of other Jedi/Sith to choose from who were absent in the new versions.

12. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    i'm not seeing how any content from the early 2000s games is relevant to these games. ea/dice had nothing to do with them, and they certainly are not of the same quality, i.e. nothing from that era could be copied.

scarif, bespin, and the death star maps are similar or copies of bf2015. none of the other planets are, to my knowledge - hoth, tatooine, endor, and jakku are vastly different. the other stuff is completely new. i'm not sure you're representing things fairly by citing "the bulk of the maps."

bossk/rey/finn/ren/phasma are all brand new - but again, anyone who was not in bf2015 qualifies as "new," I'd say, and that includes all of the pt-era jedi and sith. i know you're burned over ventress and ahsoka, i am too. and mace, padme, krennic, mustafar/utapau/corellia maps, lack of support for starfighter assault - the list goes on and on. but all in all, this game turned out to be a good step forward from bf2015, which was nowhere near as good with very little lasting appeal at its end.

teamhansolo and Elder74 like this.
  13. Elder74

Apr 3, 2020
    Have they announced when they will shut down online support?

14. Elder74

Apr 3, 2020
    Request accepted!

heels1785 likes this.
  15. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    they have not - it will continue for a long time, i imagine. yesterday, they announced the rotation of events going forward, if that is of interest to you:

Mondays - Fast Spawn Event
    Description: Spawn timers will be set to 1 sec long in assault modes for the duration of the event
    Game Modes: Galactic Assault, Capital Supremacy, Starfighter Assault, Extraction and Strike
    Game Modes: Galactic Assault, Capital Supremacy, Extraction and Strike

teamhansolo and Elder74 like this.
  16. Elder74

Apr 3, 2020
    Thank god.

I remember GameSpy not longer supporting the online features of the PS2 version of SWBF2. It was a major and sudden shock to our community.

heels1785 likes this.
  17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    The original games (early 2000s) even had Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura. But beyond the heroes are the modes from BF2015 that didn't carry over. It's weird how I still think about all the times I got into playing dropzone, cargo, droid run, Infiltration (Scariff), etc. even though I haven't played them in years since I got BF2. I like the modes where there's more of a purpose than the redundant capturing the zone playthrough. BF2 has more maps of course, but at the end of the day Galactic Assault is pretty much the same game with different scenery.

Elder74 and teamhansolo like this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s the new Half Life 3 except the actual half life 3 could happen :p

Grievousdude and darkspine10 like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    DP

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  20. Elder74

Apr 3, 2020
    Heading for platinum trophy! :D

heels1785 likes this.
  21. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    small patch forthcoming in late may - confirmed requirements for "event skins:"

maul - 5000 kills as any dark side hero
    farmboy luke and princess leia (previously locked) - 5000 kills as any light side hero

not making it as easy as i thought they would, but reception seems to be good.

teamhansolo likes this.
  22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I saw there's a petition circulating to keep the devs supporting BF2 moving forward; even if it means paid DLC that includes new heroes, maps, etc. Not that those things ever do much in the long run.

23. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    [face_laugh] That's good, it was gonna take me forever to get those skins. Are both luke and Leia's skin unlocked at 5000 Light Side kills?

heels1785 likes this.
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    it looks like it. i got leia's during the event, but have yet to get luke's.

seeing as i don't play much multiplayer, i don't see myself getting either his or maul's, unless they change kills in supremacy to count, or add a purchasable option with credits or cash.

25. teamhansolo

Jun 25, 2018
    Ok cool. Kills you get in co-op do count, so that's a bit easier than most multiplayer games.

heels1785 likes this.