main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    For anything Star Wars, I expect the announcements would still come from EA, but they'd still also get announced on the LucasFilm Games accounts. There's every possibility that while EA will keep the licence, they will no longer exclusively be making Star Wars games after those two years.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Did you or anyone else try that offline thing yet? I'm getting a bit sick from getting blasted online by 1200 damage bullets from Droids with eastern european names.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Correct. EA is a giant company one of the biggest Even if the license isn’t renewed in 2023 I expect that EA will still make Star Wars games. Just not exclusively

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Tbh I haven't played BF2 in months. I found myself playing BF 2015 more than the newer game. I think it's a combination of the play modes and characters that drew me to it; especially the custom characters.

5. DarkRula

DarkRula Jedi Master star 3

Feb 3, 2015
    Huh. Seems EA are no longer exclusively making Star Wars games as of this minute.

It's going to be years into the future before we see this one, but it seems as though the contract has already been renegotiated.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Must have been EA. I doubt Disney would have been so disappointed that they would go through the trouble to do that

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    No way. Disney was incredibly disappointed with the Battlefront 2 controversy at first. I think that started the ball rolling for this.

I hope we do still get Respawn in the mix doing another Jedi: Fallen Order game though.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s also possible that the contract allows for game development to start so long as the game doesn’t come out before 2023

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I guess EA stated that they will still be making Star Wars games as well. So that's good news for Fallen Order 2.

10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    That's a reminder I should probably finish the first one :p

11. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    just a follow up on the free pc version being offered by the epic games store - it appears to be the celebration edition, which includes all characters/emotes/skins already unlocked. the store says that you'll have the opportunity to download from january 14-21, although it must unlock later on today.

i'm going to give it a shot tonight, and try to find some mods. a new one dropped for mother talzin last night that i was watching on a twitch stream, looked incredible.

edit: as of 11a est, the free game is now live.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I "purchased" the game on the Epic store and I guess it'll just sit there on my account up through the time I plan on getting a better PC to play it. I already have the game on the PS4 but the opportunity to use modded skins intrigues me.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    You could finally play as Ahsoka :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You were saying?

[​IMG]
    https://vicadia.com/play-as-ahsoka-tano-with-this-star-wars-battlefront-2-mod/

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I have seen plenty of good mods of it. in hindsight I don’t know why I include the emoji

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  16. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Yeah there are way better character mods now that aren’t just skins over existing heroes. The Ahsoka and Savage ones are really impressive from what I’ve seen.

I’m glad this game is getting big again. It’s so good. Now all I can hope for is more offical updates, including characters and maps.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Good luck getting into a game though. The maas influx of new players crashed the servers and it took a while for EA to adjust them enough to cope with new capacity.

I tried playing it last night, the wait time was pretty long compared to before the Epic release. Though it will probably die down after a couple of weeks.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I don’t think we’l get an update but I do hope we do get BF3 one day

TheChosenAlpha and heels1785 like this.
  19. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    We wouldn't need it if they kept supporting this game.

Adding updates related to Mandalorian for example.
    I heard they had plans to bring in Ahsoka & Ventress but it never got done.

20. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    absolutely do need it. there's a lot more wrong with bf2 than the lack of characters people wanted, and hopefully it is all addressed in the new game.

4+ years of free dlc for a game released in 2017 is just not the way things work anymore, for the most part. looking forward to the next game.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    There's so many rumors going around regarding this game; and a lot of it pertains to EA no longer having the monopoly on SW games. The one that I find interesting was the reports about some of the voice actors from the campaign mode got back behind the mic as well as performed in mo-caps. We could all take it for what it's worth; but I'd like to think it may be a prequel game to the campaign of BF2; in particular the Inferno Squad story.

I know among the biggest complaints that many people had of the campaign mode in BF2 was that
    they actually wanted to play on the Empire's side from beginning to end for a chance; and if it's a prequel game featuring Iden, her father and the rest of the gang, that would be the case. You'd assume a prequel game would lead up until her assignment on Endor, and the rest is history.

22. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    It would feel too weird to play as Iden as a villain now, imo. I'm just too used to her being a Rebellion hero.

23. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    The two main things I'd like to see in a BF3 would be a larger single player campaign with original environments, and larger multiplayer maps on the scale of traditional battlefield games like Battlefield 3&4. Battlefront 1&2's multiplayer is basically an evolution of the Battlefield: Bad Company series, which was good, but has become dated because it was designed to be a downgraded compromise for the PS3/360 console generation. With the new console generation beginning, Dice will not have to choose between sacrificing map size and player counts for graphics, they can have both!

The massive popularity of Battle Royal multiplayer shooters means that Dice should seriously consider this as well. It would be a perfect format for Star Wars' scum and villainy characters. Heck, I'd be perfectly happy with BF3 ditching the Rebels/Empire setting altogether and going with smugglers, bounty hunters, mercenaries, mandalorians, etc. There is a rich history there to be drawn from.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2021
  24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    BF3 will almost certainly be made by Dice again. I mean who else would you give it to? Activision?

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well given that you already know her fate from the campaign; there's not much more story to give to her moving forward. A prequel, at least, gives her and the Inferno Squad more story to tell.