main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Star Wars: Black Sheep (Always Accepting New Players)

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Bardan_Jusik, Sep 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Ethan Malek
    Lounge

Ethan gave Zephyr a thankful nod as she handed him the mail, but at the same time confusion overcame him. Who was writing him? Who even knew he was here? He had no family left and the few friends he still had out there wouldn´t know he was with the rebellion now. Curious he opened it and began to read, his heart starting to race after the first few sentences.

My dear friend

It´s been many years since we last spoke and even came to believe that you had died out there. Glad you didn't and that you are no longer a servant of the Empire. Could say "I told you so", remember? But you are not the only one who made this mistake, and it seems that these days more and more people starting to realize it. Why I know all of this? Things are changing, even here on Eriadu, the dissatisfaction within the military grows and even many nobles now want to break with the Empire. We have founded a Resistance here on Eriadu to drive them out, and so we came in contact Rebel Alliance, where I found out that a former sergeant of the ORSF is now flying for them, guess you are still trying to make the galaxy a better place? Glad we are on the same side again, give the Imperials hell, but don´t forget your old home world, show the rest of the galaxy that we aren't all like the Tarkins. Maybe we can see each other again when this is all over, and you can finally invite me to that dinner you promised me the last time we saw each other. Stay safe up there for I wish to hold you once more.

Yours Tanja

Tears filled Ethan´s eyes as he read this and he tried his best to keep his face stoic, hoping that the other pilots didn´t see how much the message moved him. It had been more than ten years now since he had seen Tanja for the last time, it had only been a brief visit during a leave he had gotten in the imperial army, not long before his desertion. But in all these years he had often thought of her and it had caused him pain each time. They had been in love with each other since they both had been young cadets in the ORSF, both kids from the poorest part of their homeworld they had gotten along well almost instantly but it had taken Ethan more than a year before he had gathered enough courage to ask her out on a date. They had been a happy couple, even making plans for marriage and kids when the Clone Wars had begun and he had volunteered to follow Tarkin, his former commander into the war, as many ORSF veterans had. But Tanja, she had been wary of their former governor and tried to convince her boyfriend not to go. She saw what Tarkin really was so much earlier than everyone else. But Ethan had insisted believing that their cause was just and they needed to fight CIS to protect the galaxy and instead tried to convince her to come as well. In the end though both accepted each other decision and they had split on good terms, promising to see each other again after the war. They had but the galaxy had become a different place as Ethan and many other volunteers had been pressed into service of the empire and he could only see his homeworld rarely. And since his desertion he had known he couldn´t return, at least not as long as the empire still held the planet. He had thought, even almost hoped that Tanja had forgotten about him that she had moved on with her life and found happiness with someone else, but this...

He was happy and sad at the same time, knowing that she still care for him, like he cared for her. That even though thousands of light years apart they again stood on the same side. There is still a place for me to return to after this, someone who waits for me. And yet he was stuck here, in a suicide squadron, being forced to participate in war crimes and likely wouldn´t survive the year. What was he even doing here? This wasn´t his war, most other rebels looked down on him and many believed him a coward or turn cloak. Why was he wasting his life here if his people, the woman he loved, fought the empire on his homeworld. His place was with them, his own people and his love. He felt how his earlier frustration with the rebellion returned to him and a thought crossed his mind, a dangerous thought but it became stronger and stronger with every moment. He could leave, his X-Wing was checked and ready to be deployed and he knew his piloting skills should be good enough to get out of here, he could make a couple of quick jumps to get rid of any potential pursuers and then make his way back home. He stood up, having made his mind on the matter, during the mission he knew there would be an opportunity to slip away. But doing this alone was risky, maybe if he could convince his wing mate, if he could convince Amber to help him or even come with him... Together they would have a much easier time crossing the empire and it would save her from dying in this pointless assault. Making his way to his wing mates quarters Ethan´s internal struggle continued as he tried to search for words to convince his friend to what was ultimately an act of treason.

Tag: @Adalia-Durron, @galactic-vagabond422 (heading towards you)

Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Ethan Malek, Ianna Mcear, Amber Tehanis
    Quarters - Part two.

Ethan knocked against Amber´s door. He didn't knew if she was still at her quarters or if Ianna was still with her too so he didn't want to enter without announcing his arrival. If she didn't want to speak to him now he would try it later. He felt guilty over his plans to talk her into desertion, but he had no other choice, they needed to get out of here before dying in this pointless mission.

Amber watched Ianna disappear into the refresher and close the door, before she sat down on the edge of her bed. She really did wish....the was a knock at the door, she frowned as the presence was familiar. Getting up she pushed button to open the sliding door and stepped back in surprise. "Ethan?" He looked pained, distressed. "Are you ok?"

Ethan entered Amber´s quarter and sat down on one of the chairs. He didn't saw Ianna but heard someone in the refresher so it seemed she was here to. "No," he said, slowly, not sure how to better explain it to her. "I`ve... I’ve got a message, from home... From the woman I love... I.." He made a pause, letting Amber take in this piece of information, while thinking how to continue.

She watched him, his features pained and pale. "Is ......she ok?" She tried to take in that there was someone in his life, he'd never mentioned it, had she been so selfish as to not ask before.

"Yeah," Ethan said, as he realized he had never told Amber, nor anyone outside his home world about his relationship with Tanja. "She is okay, but I hadn´t seen or heard of her in many years. Didn´t believe I ever would again, but now she has found me." He paused for a moment, then he said, "my people, the people of Eriadu, they begin to rise up against the Empire, against the Tarkin’s. And she... Tanja she is fighting with them against the Empire."

She sat down slowly beside him. "She's a Rebel? Does she want to join us?" She wasn't sure how to handle this, he was an older man, experienced in life and love unlike herself. What could she say that would be relevant?

"She has her own war to fight; with the people she belongs to." Not lonely and surrounded by strangers as I am, he continued in his mind before scolding himself for these thoughts immediately after thinking them. He wasn’t alone, Amber, Ianna, Alec and even some of the other had grown on him. And yet... "I feel that her fight, its... its mine as well, on my home world, alongside her. But instead I’m stuck here... forced into committing war crimes and going on suicide missions while my people fight for their freedom."

"We're fighting for our freedom too." She said gently, putting her hand on his arm, she understood what he was saying and bit her lip as the words slipped out of her mouth. "Do you want to be with her?"

Ethan looked up at Amber´s gesture. In the time he now knew her he had noticed that she was very reluctant in terms of physical contact with other people, so he felt the importance this touch. "Yes," he admitted, now able to speak a bit more collected. "This squad, it feels wrong to me. What we did on Naboo was terrible, and now we are send on another suicide mission, for nothing. It all feels pointless to me... On Eriadu I would have a cause, a reason... someone, to fight and die for."

Her stomach churned, he wanted to run, to go. She looked down for a moment making her own decisions. "If you go, I won't say a word to anyone." she was declaring her loyalty.

"Thanks," Ethan said, quietly. Moved by her loyalty to him. "You could come with me if you want. I'm sure the rebels there could use a pilot as skilled as you are, and Eriadu is not that far from Bakura either."

The door to the fresher opened, leaving Ianna standing dressed in her uniform her eyes wide. She'd heard what he said, the plans he mentioned leaving the Rebellion leaving them? Had she not done enough to help him feel welcome, was this her fault?

"You can't leave...you can't," She said pain in her voice as she rushed to his side wrapping her arms around him, in a hug or attempt to not let him leave.

The look on Ianna face had given Amber cause to think. 'Maybe I'm going about this all wrong? Maybe I should be encouraging him to stay?' She moved back a bit. "I can't go Ethan, I just........"

Ethan weakly returned Ianna's hug and felt the guilt rising inside of him again. "I'm sorry," he said quietly to Ianna, trying his best to suppress the guilt that tore his soul a part. But Amber's words brought it back even stronger. But he couldn't... he had to go. "I understand," he said to Amber, disappointed but understanding. "The people you care for are here." For a moment he remembered what she had told him about the Imperial defector, she had called Fox.

"We care about you too; I don't want you to go we need you here." Ianna held tighter tears starting to from in her eyes. "Why, why do you want to go?"

Amber sat quietly, she understood his reasons, she didn't want him to go, but she understood. He seemed to understand her reasons for not wanting to go, she had nothing at home, nothing anywhere, in fact everything she had was on board, and she didn't even really have that at this point in time. "Ethan, the Alliance does need you, and as your wing mate, I trust you and need you, but I won't stop you."

"No," Ianna replied nearly whining she her grip slightly increased, hoping that her hug alone could keep him there with them.

Ethan’s eyes had filled with tears and he tried his best to keep his voice under control. "It’s my home, my people, my love," he said, his voice cracking with every word. He pulled the letter out of his pocket and threw it on the small table so they could see it, see why he had to go. Amber’s words and Ianna´s begging cut into his soul, he knew that abandoning them was betraying, them betraying their friendship. He wasn't sure if he could ever forgive himself doing it to them, but he couldn’t leave Tanja alone, not now, not with his home world rising against the empire.

His expression pained her, she wasn't sure what to say or do next. Picking up the flimsy that was clearly handwritten, she read it and that hurt more. This woman, whoever she was, missed him, wanted him there. How could anything she or Ianna said change that?

"But we're fighting for everyone...for every planet for every people for every love." She was holding on for dear life. Out of the corner of her eye she could see the letter but, she didn't let go, for fear of Ethan just getting up and walking out. She saw something that caught her eye, a line in the letter:

show the rest of the galaxy that we aren't all like the Tarkins.

"You want to show the galaxy that your home can fight for right, that you all aren't selfish glory hounds. How does this help? How do you show the galaxy that when you give up the fight for everyone to fight for yourself? I could have stayed home, supported the Rebellion with food and comfort where it was safe but, I didn't. I chose to fight for everyone. If you leave now, everyone will think you are a coward, that you're selfish for leaving us in a time of need. We need you here, the galaxy needs you here...please Ethan, please."

Ethan turned half away from Ianna as her words hit him, harder than anything she had said before. She was right he knew, he wished she was not, but she was. It would be selfish to leave, putting one planet ahead of everything else, just like the Tarkin’s would do. He was one of, if not the only Eriaduan in the main force of the rebellion, if he left it would fall back on his people, if he left the galaxy would accuse them to be selfish and uncaring for their problems. Shame filled his heart for his desire to leave, for his own weakness and selfishness. "Maybe, maybe you are right," he said weakly, and yet... "But are we doing the right thing? Remember what happened on Naboo? Or the suicide mission they are sending us into? How can we help anyone if we are committing war crimes or sacrificed for no gain?"

"I don't have answers." Ianna said her tears falling on his shoulder. "All I know is that we need to be together. We need to work together. No matter what as long as we have each other we will always get through."

Amber heard Ianna’s words and was a little shocked she'd used that word 'coward' around Ethan or maybe she didn't know about Max's claim all. She could see the words were painful to him, but a part of her, in her mind’s eye could hear Max saying, 'told you he was', and that really irked her.

"Like I said, I won't beg you to stay, but I will say, can you see Max's face if you did go?" She hoped that she was riling him a little, to fight back as it were. "Maybe, start planning a point when you go, make it known and give a deadline, so you stay till then and it's not running?" It was just a suggestion. "That way, it's the move of a man who wants to go home, that's all, not someone running away." She shrugged hoping it made a bit of sense.

Ethan knew the two women where right, that leaving now wouldn't help anyone, that as bad as the odds for the coming mission were, it would be even worse if he abandoned them. He needed to stay with them, at least for now. "Guess even if we would win on Eriadu, the empire would be back in a fortnight," as he had said himself: soldiers, ships, tanks, commanders nothing mattered as the empire could simply refill their ranks with new conscripts and reproduce any lost equipment rapidly. The emperor was who mattered, the linchpin holding everything together. Thinking about Amber suggestion Ethan cleared his mind and made his decision. "I´ll stay with you, until the emperor is dead. He is the one who matters in this war, if he falls the empire will shatter and my... our home worlds can be truly free."

Amber let out a soft sigh of relief, she didn't realise she'd been holding her breath. "I will do my best to make sure you get home." she promised quietly, as his wing, it was the least she could do. "I do think this entire conversation stays here." Amber said before biting her bottom lip to think for a moment. "There are some out there..........who'd make your life hell if they heard your thoughts." She meant Max, and the fact there were no holocams in their private quarters was a blessing, at least not in hers, she’d made sure of that. To have them would have been creepy anyway she knew.

Ethan tried his best to keep his face stoic as Ianna´s hug nearly broke his bones. It again drove tears into his eyes to see how much she cared for him. He felt ashamed that he had nearly abandoned them and knew that his decision as painful as it was had been the right one. "Will take you up on that," he said with a smile at Amber's promise to help him get home when the time came. He gave Ianna a small pat on the back and muttered, "thanks."

"Got it, stays between us." Ianna replied still not quite ready to let go of Ethan still afraid he would try and run away again if she let him go. She was happy that they were able to make him stay. The farm girl hated to see friends leave particularly ones she was close to.

TAG @Bardan_Jusik @Anedon @galactic-vagabond422

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    IC: Commander Kara Kryze (GM restricted use NPC)
    Drowning her sorrows, pilot's lounge rebel carrier Intrepid

Kryze set her mug down on the bar before her as she listened to the musings of the child that had dared approach her. Her initial reaction was to punch the young pilot in the mouth and decide what to do from there but she restrained herself. There was truth to her words, a truth that not too long ago she espoused herself. What had happened to her? She wondered, eat drink and be merry for tomorrow we all may die had once been her own philosophy, but now here she was drinking away tears at the loss of a couple of pilots. Had her overconfidence gotten to her? Made her think that the days of taking losses were at an end? Possibly. Or maybe it was the way they had been caught with their britches down by those Defenders. In either case, her time of feeling sorry for herself and her squadron was at an end.

Picking the mug back up she drained it, and stood suddenly as Ianna put her arm on the senior pilot's shoulders. "Meshgeroya?" She asked, almost under her breath. She had chosen to focus on the mention of limmie rather than let the young pilot she had gotten through to Kryze. Meshgeroya, limmie to the arutiise (foreigners) was the national sport of the Mandalorians, something that brought them all together to celebrate even across clan, House and philosophical lines. If this whelp was organizing a match, she wanted in.

"You get your ball, and practice little lady." She said in a mocking tone. "And when you get back, my squadron will wipe the floor with yours." With that, she walked out of the lounge.

The next day.

IC: Major Beskaryc Taab/Commander Flagg (NPC)
    Black Sheep ready room, final briefing before REDBERRY phase of Operation: MIDWAY

The pilot's ready room for the Black Sheep was crowded beyond it's normal contingent of pilots. Along the back wall, Taab once again stood in his customary spot, his buy'ce (helmet) clipped to his belt as he greeted Major Valor who slinked into the darkened room and took up a spot standing beside him. Seated just in front of them were a group of six marines. First Sergeant Lehrsherr, Gunnery Sergeant Clark, Tech Sergeant Kradkans, Corporal Shetland, Lance Corporal Bane and the droid GC-17. From the plan the entire squadron had already been briefed on and practiced, they knew those marines would be instrumental to the mission at hand. Indeed, everyone knew their role in the upcoming operation, now it was time for final assignments and any last second questions or clarifications before launch.

"OK folks, for REDBERRY we've managed to get six Viper class probe droids, call signed Redberry one through six, which we'll seed at the outer edges of Swordfish while the rest of us start up our initial recon flights from the as briefed positions." Flagg spoke to the pilots of his squadron from his position at the podium located at the front of the room. They should all know this by now, but sometimes it didn't hurt to make sure. What followed though was important, it was their flight assignments. "Lou, you and Vehn will be with me as Black 1-9. We'll start at the 12 o'clock position of the system and begin our sweep counter clockwise." He turned to Lieutenant Balzroth who had come up with the plan. "Mean Streak, you and Nighthawk", he indicated the new Mandalorian B-Wing pilot, "will be Black 5-16 and will start at the 12 o'clock position and sweep clockwise around the system."

"Pallas, you and Wolf will sweep counter clockwise from the 3 o'clock position as Black 2-15, while Joy and Veteran will sweep clockwise from the 3 o'clock as Black 4-12." Both groups there were made up of pilots that had been with the squadron from the beginning, an advantage the next two pairs did not share. "Blackbone and Kid," he indicated the newest member of the squadron in Jaqa and perhaps their most inexperienced in Mcear. "You're Black 7-11 and you've got the counter clockwise sweep from the 9 o'clock position. While Zero and Cadera, " he said the man's last name correctly this time he hoped, "will set the clockwise sweep from the 9 o'clock as Black 6-10." It went unsaid of course that Cadera's Y-Wing would also have Mixer in the gunner's seat as an extra set of eyes.

"Taab, that leaves you and Vixen to set up the counter clockwise sweep from the 6 o'clock position as Black 3-13," the positioning meant the two most senior officers would be at opposite ends of the system at all times, hopefully to maintain command and control of the situation if things went south. Taab looked to Valor who stood beside him. Her name hadn't been mentioned of course but he knew she would be with him flying his back seat. "While Bolo, you and Quin will take the clockwise sweep from the 6 o'clock as Black 8-14." He looked to the pair, but couldn't tell if either were listening, the first because he was a Gungan and Flagg hadn't gotten used to reading one yet and Harley, well because she was Harley.

"Wystari, you and Hollymander with our marine guests here will survey the system at random while also being available to help out the other groups as more information comes in. Follow your gut and play the role of asteroid prospectors, but try not to do anything to get yourselves noticed." Flagg was worried that even if any Imperials happened upon the Valkyria during the search, they wouldn't care about the cover story and would blast them anyway.

"Remember, radio silence will be key here. You may get a burst transmission from one of the probes though, so stay sharp." He looked at them all, he'd heard that some considered this a suicide mission, others an unnecessary risk. It was risks like these that every rebel cell took every day to bring freedom back to the galaxy. Some risks however were just riskier than others. "All right, man your planes. Let's roll."

TAG: @Sarge @Rebecca_Daniels @Vehn @TheAdmiral @Anedon @BobaMatt @Mistress_Renata @Adalia-Durron @The Real Kyp Durron @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto @Master Vo'Un'Var @TheSilentInfluence @Corellian_Outrider

OOC: OK folks, there we have it, our pairings for each of you for REDBERRY. Each group can figure it out among each themselves which will be the tracker and which the searcher. I've linked us to the plan in the post for those that may need a refresher. The next update will see us in space and arriving at our initial points in the Swordfish system to start our search, so feel free to fill in any of the blanks between "now" and "then". Just a heads up, from here on out there will be a few rolls of the dice to randomize events going forward this mission, so fair warning.

Oh and one more thing. Wonderful posting by you between these last couple of updates. Some excellent character moments that are truly amazing. Thanks for putting so much effort into bringing your characters all to life. It makes the game all the more enjoyable.

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Kayn "Mean Streak" Balzroth [face_devil]
    Let's Get This Show On the Road

Kayn listened intently as Flagg read off the assigned search pairs. He would have arranged the crews differently. At least the Boss had enough sense to not pair Max and Lou. I can live with this.

Anticipation was building pleasantly in his guts. It was time to get back out into space and start earning flight pay. And he was finally getting his chance to show that he could plan a squadron-level operation. That promotion is so close I can almost taste it. Assuming nobody fracks up my plan.

Briefing completed, the pilots and crews swirled about the ready room, looking for their newly assigned wingmates. As Kayn worked his way toward Nighthawk, he found himself brushing past Cadera and Mixer. He lightly jabbed the Y-wing pilot's shoulder with his fist.

"Hey, you just got assigned the best wingmate in the squadron. Make sure you bring her back to me in one piece."

TAG: @Master Vo'Un'Var @TheSilentInfluence

5. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    OOC: The following post was a fun and engaging joint combo post between @Bardan_Jusik and myself. A view from the other side....

*Bardan's note* OOC: Using a bit of German here to stand in for Adumarian dialect with references to ranks.

IC: Baron VonOften Commander of Death Head Squadron (the Skulls)
    SSD Apocalypse, Executor class Super Star Destroyer.

[​IMG]

Baron VonOften, the man known as the Red Skull, was sitting in his office finishing up putting the last touches on his report to higher authority when there was a knock at the hatch. He quickly put the terminal into standby mode and bade the officer inside with a curt order. "Come," he motioned as he remained seated behind his deck. It could be only one man, the officer he had summoned, arriving just on time. The Red Skull suppressed a smile, an accurate time on target was essential for a good pilot, and he only allowed the very best in the Death's Head squadron.

"Leutnant," he used the old Adumarian version of the rank, a conceit to his heritage even as Dietryk Gray entered and stopped a meter out in front of his desk, saluting as he did so. "Reporting as ordered," he said without a trace of emotion. The Red Skull regarded him for a moment. This was as much an evaluation as a debriefing for the man. "Yes yes," he finally waved him down. "Sit," he gestured to the chair opposite his desk.

"I vanted to commend you," he didn't bother hiding his native accent, "for your actions in our last ambush." He smiled though the expression held no warmth. "Two Y-wings and an X-Wing to your credit there." He turned slightly and reactivated his monitor, revealing the kills recorded by the squadron against the composite wing they had encountered attacking a convoy carrying deep space construction components. "Indeed, ve all did well. Higher authority counts four X-ving fighters, six Y-vings attack craft and two B-wing bombers destroyed all at no losses incurred to ourselves! Higher Authority expects the two squadrons involved vill be crippled for some time." He deactivated the terminal once more before turning his full attention to the officer

"Ve would have viped zem out had ve been at full strength ourselves." He shook his head. "Zolla, killed. My executive officer captured and two of our pilot's lost in ze explosion of the villa." His eyes narrowed. "Tell me Leutnant, vat did happen viith you on Naboo?"

[​IMG]

Dietryk barely gave a flicker of emotion although it was hard to fight off his inner turmoil anytime the situation with Lou was mentioned. Emotion wasn't in the Skulls protocol. This was an elite squadron and he had been trained since his early days with the 282nd to follow Baron VonOften's orders until death. Still, he allowed himself to get lost in the Baron's words. They were both inviting and a trap all at the same time. He knew the Baron was fishing for information. Especially any information as to why the lieutenant had been spending so much time with that one blonde Imperial officer at the wedding.

"Thank you, sir," Dietryk replied, "killing Rebels in the name of the Empire has taken on new meaning for me since joining this illustrious squadron. I have much work to do to improve my skills. I still have room to become better. I hope one day to be as good in the cockpit as you are. I hope one day that I am able to prove that your choosing me for this assignment has not been a decision you regret."

Time to be honest, to a point Dietryk thought as his mind returned to the villa and Louise.

"To be perfectly honest with you, sir, Naboo was a nightmare come true for me. What should have been a relatively relaxing evening in good company quickly turned into a reunion with the very woman who ran out of my life and broke my heart: Louise Gray. Technically we're still married but I haven't seen her in person in years until Naboo. I recognized her across the dance floor. I was surprised to see her in uniform as last time I met with her she seemed hell bent on leaving her service behind. I saw my opening and introduced myself. We danced, sparks flew, and next thing I know we're going up to the private rooms. I thought we might be able to repair old wounds but instead she threatened to kill me with a thermal detonator. One thing led to another and I wound up outside the villa on a beach. She renewed her hatred for me while I professed my love. You see, we were never the best couple but love has a hard time dying," Dietryk explained.

"That night I discovered something about Louise. She was working with a Rebel cell that was embedded into the wedding. As we know now their mission was to blow us all to hell. They came close. They failed."

The Red Skull allowed the platitudes to roll off his back like water from a Naboo duck, such were expected in Imperial service, and it would be noted by him had Gray failed to offer them, but they meant little beyond that. The man's explanation of events that night interested him far more insomuch as they meshed with what he'd already been told by others, some in the investigative services. Oh there was much he wasn't being told by them, compartmentalization and all, but he could fill in the blanks. Gray's statement here filled in the last major remaining blank, so he had something resembling a full picture. "Zo, zis wife of yours. She is a pilot vith ze Black Sheep." It came out as a statement, not a question. The Skulls had several encounters with them now, and were sure to have more in the future. Gray's answer to this next question would determine his place in the squadron, or even Imperial service.

"And after she tried to kill you, after she helped blow up ze villa and murdered your comrades in arms and scores of other high ranking Imperial officers, vat are your feelings towards her now?"

That was the question, wasn't it? You declared your love for her on that narrow strip of sand outside of the villa. You even let her go back to her friends when you had every opportunity to kill her. You've had several chances to eliminate Louise up in the skies. Each time you have failed, Dietryk. Each time you failed. Why the hesitation? Surely you know by now that she can never be the woman who left you. That you two can never go back to whatever you had all those years ago. She hates you and you.....Dietryk allowed his thoughts to trail away.

"I had feelings for her, sir. I used to think I could win her back. I suppose, prior to the bombing, I thought she was redeemable. I even wondered if I could get her to defect back to the Empire where we might learn to fly and love one another again. I wanted things to go back to normal. Now, I realize I was foolish, misguided, and understand that there is no normal to go back to. After the villa, after we lost so much, I had nothing but hatred for her for what she did. She committed an act of terrorism. She's nothing better than a sewer rat to me. The Louise Gray I knew, my wife, is dead. Should we meet again and I am sure we will I will have no hesitation in ending her life."

The Baron watched his officer closely as he answered, ready to pounce at any sign of disloyalty to the Empire, the squadron or himself, but Gray's answer seemed genuine if over emotional. Such attachments were why the baron himself had never been married. Still, the answer was satisfactory, which meant it was now time to change tack. "And vat of the rumors regarding Lieutenant Commander Anais Corrin?" There had been conflicting reports as to what had happened to her, though it was clear she had been taken by the Rebels. "Do you think she vas captured? Or did she defect with them as some are saying?" The ISB was trying to determine that as well, and anything Gray said might make it into the Baron's final report to them.

Dietryk fumbled in his mind for the words. He needed to speak very carefully here. He could come out against his former executive officer but how would that look to the Baron? In addition, if Anais somehow made her way back to the Skulls, how would that look if it was common knowledge that he threw her under the proverbial hoverbus?

" I believe she was captured against her will," Dietryk replied, "Anais is too loyal to our cause to willingly cooperate with the Rebel Alliance. Now, if coercion comes about then perhaps she'll talk. She knows our names. She knows our tactics. She could give the Black Sheep an advantage the next time we see them. Still, tactics can be changed. So can stories."

The Baron nodded his head enthusiastically with his subordinate. "Ach so, we are in agreement there. No member of the Skulls vould villingly join the rebel alliance, ve have all been hand picked by higher authority for this prestigious assignment!" He didn't mention that at one time Corrin had been considered to lead the Death's Head squadron until the Baron had used his considerable political influence to intervene and have himself appointed to the squadron. "I think she vill give zem nothing, she would die first!" He considered that for a moment. "It vould be prudent to perhaps put some new measures into place though yes?" He gave a broad smile, one still lacking any kind of real emotion.

"The squadron needs a new Executive Officer, one who can implement ideas and make the necessary changes to withstand anything the rebellion might glean from Corrin's capture." He looked directly at Gray. "This officer vill also need to ensure our new pilots vill be able to handle the great responsibility of being a Skull." His gaze still hadn't wavered as he seemed to be examining Gray as a bug under a microscope. "Yes, you heard correctly. Ve vill be at full strength again soon enough. New pilots have been assigned to replace Corrin as well as the two other pilots who were killed at the villa. Two from the 128th Interceptor squadron will arrive later today, we'll keep them as a wing pair. The other from the 181st should arrive tomorrow. She will be your new wingman," he pointed now at Gray's chest, "and you vill be the Skull's new Executive Officer." He gave no time for Gray to absorb the new information. "Accordingly you are promoted to lieutenant commander effective immediately." he waved towards the hatch. "Now go, you have three new pilots to whip into shape, and quickly. I have already received word that our next mission will be upon us soon."

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik, et all.....

6. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Ethan Malek - Amber Tehanis
    Locker Room off Hangar deck - pre launch

The briefing had been clear enough, and she was not happy about being with Taab, the Mandolorian wasn't known for his social skills nor his ability to make anyone feel comfortable. She'd slipped into her flightsuit, pulling on her boots, pulling the crash webbing tight she sighed as she slipped in her code cylinders and flares. She didn't think she was coming back from this one, the sims had indicated that exactly and she had that gut feeling. She glanced to Ethan beside her but said nothing.

Ethan returned Amber's worried gaze. He didn't understand why they had been assigned new wingmates all of a sudden, but he guessed that it was now too late to protest against it. Glad that he at least knew Joy and could trust her. "So, this is it," he said. "Maybe we should have made a run for it while we still could." He said with a grin to suppress the slight regret for his decision to stay that had grown in him during the briefing. "If I don´t make it but you do... can you then..." he stopped unsure how he would ask Amber about this, or if he even should, puller her even deeper into this, but he felt at least someone should tell Tanja in case he died.

She stopped and turned to him, she wanted to say 'you're gonna make it', but her heart wasn't in it. "What do you need?" she asked, "And for the record, I don't have that 'danger' feeling right now, it might still be coming." She lied. It started to go through her mind that she had something she needed to do before..........well before this.

"If I don’t come back just let Tanja know I still cared for her," Ethan said keeping his voice calm. "And don’t let the other rebels forget me," he added with a twinkle. He felt he maybe shouldn’t have brought it up, talking about dying just before a battle, was considered a bad omen by many pilots.

Amber's heart twisted; this was real. "Of course, I will." she looked the floor for a moment before doing something she'd not done in a very long time. Stepping forward she wrapped her arms around his neck for an ever so brief moment. "Be safe." she said before stepping back. She was a little embarrassed, and she needed to talk to someone. "See you out there, I have to go and do ...... something." she said with a touch of determination. Grabbing her helmet, she turned and ran out of the locker room, heading out to the hangar deck.

For a moment Ethan’s gaze followed Amber as she left the room, again touched by her hug. "Be safe out there as well," he said quietly, unsure if she could still hear him, before slowly making his way into the hangar himself.

TAG Anyone else getting this party started!!

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Akiva Lurell, aka Wolf, & Capt Cassell
    Lounge - Pre-GM Update

The first shot had been a fire water for sure. The second and third had been something of a hybrid between caf and something called hot chocolate. For some reason, despite the lack of imbibing nature they seemed to do something rather satisfying when it went down. She had stayed in a corner drinking as others had filtered through and even a mail call had been issued.

It was with passing interest that she saw mail call had started with passing out of cake and items from their smuggler wingman. He had been capable on the ground as well as part of her flight somewhat after Naboo. He was worth getting to know and acknowledge, although that red head, she wasn't sure what to make of her.

Cassell was caught off guard by the fierceness of Ianna's hugs, though he was glad she took to the gift well. He felt a bit guilting though, maybe he should have thought more outside of the box for Zara's gift though he wasn't sure if something connected with her species was the way to go. He knew that it could be a touchy subject given what he knew about Hera's past. He wanted to show appreciation and not cause insult.

Next on the gift giving list was, Akiva. The Codru-Ji can be a fierce and intimidating member of the squadron and one he was glad to have as part of the team. His eyes searched for her as his gaze swept about the patrons of the lounge before he located her over by the back corner. He wasn't sure what type of mood she was in and so this time, he made his way over to her with the gift, via Zephyr to collected a piece of the ryshcate, and stopped by her table to show his respect for her.

It was with greater shock when he actually stopped at her table. She wasn't exactly on speaking terms with her free sister and she had never involved her childhood charge in what her life had become after joining this terrorist organization. After the last mission she had nothing else she could think to call it, especially with their leader threatening to kill them if they didn't follow his orders and kill civilians.

"A little something for you… and also for your pet." Cassell said as her presented the gifts and cake to her. He watched Akiva's reaction as she took the gifts and had a look inside.

Reaching out she took the small box and opened the lid to find a couple things she deeply appreciated. A small unscented bottle of industrial grade soap (hard on muk, soft on skin and hair) as well as a full set of decorative hair pins, which as she turned a pair over with her upper arms whilst holding the box with her lowers she was surprised to see that they were equipped so that with a twist they seemed to extend a little spike further out. In a smaller box inside the larger she opened it to find a small little bell within a ball toy for Chak, it looked like it might have a spot to hide treats inside. The little scamp would enjoy that, especially if she put some nut butter in there for him to lick out!

Closing the boxes she set the proffered cake of whatever down on top of it and reached out to grasp both of their free hands. "Thank you. Thank you very much." She said with felt warmth and thanks before taking a seat and looking at the things for a moment. As soon as she finished this latest cup of hot chocolate and this cake she was going to hopefully get out the last of the lingering smell of that terrible mission.

"The pleasure is all mine." The Corellian smiled warmly and bowed his head. "You are most welcome. Thank you for being on my wing."

"It will always be a pleasure." Sitting back down she gratefully ran a finger over the box as she tried a piece of the cake. Making a bit face she tried the smell of it first, it was like odd whiskey or rum and several sweet things that she couldn't quite place just yet. Taking a nibble she forced a smile up at the man. It was alright, not bad actually, but with the hot chocolate she was already accenting the flavor with the sweetness level was bordering on obscene. "I'll take these back to my room. Thank you!" she quickly said with a big smile as she gathered her things and headed out.

TAG: Anyone

8. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    A joint post with @The Real Kyp Durron! Fun, and foundation-laying... [face_devil]

IC: Mackenzie "Flanker" Hollymander, Maxime "Max" Pallas
    Hangar of the Intrepid

Having left the briefing, he entered the hangar bay having already decided what needed to be done. The opportunity to 'slice' into an Imperial Star Destroyers files was too good of an opportunity to miss, choosing the correct R2 Unit had been the issue, till a short word with Kayn had indicated to him that Max's droid was more than capable of the job. So he secured a replacement for her, at a small cost to himself personally and now headed toward the woman who was about to board her craft.

Max had gone over the new and improved X-wing with Sparky. Her crew chief had been going on about "shield refresh rate" and "pulse generator frequency", but it boiled down to one thing. It was tweaked and re-engineered to take out those Defenders. Lou might want to save them, but Max didn't. She glanced over at the Marines, milling around outside the Valkyria. She'd heard that Skipper had brought back mail, but she'd been trying to avoid the rest of the Sheep and hadn't been able to catch him alone to ask if there was any for her. There had apparently been a big party for the Diva, who would have reveled in being the center of attention.

Max did a second pass of the rear of her ship, paying close attention to the new wing joists and the retraction links, but they were as solid as if they'd been done directly by Incom. Koko took pride in his work, and had polished the ship to a showroom gloss, as always.

She nodded to the shark-headed man as he prepared to attach Digger to the hoist for loading, when she saw the Interloper coming towards her quickly.

"Flight Officer Pallas? May I have a word please?" MacKenzie asked as he approached the woman. He'd not spoken to her in regards to anything much at this point, but Lt Balzroth had assured him her droid would be best.

Max eyed him. This was the Imp chosen to be the new Intel officer, the job that should've been hers. "Yes?" she said.

"Lt. Balzroth informs me your droid is rather skilled at ...."
    he paused to find the correct word, "sourcing information. With that in mind, would you be inclined to allow him to travel with us on the Valkyria? It could possibly give us the opportunity to slice into Imperial Files on board our target. I have secured this droid," he indicated toward Belgium who stood silently beside him. "Who I have flown with and I can tell you he does know how to do his job on board and X-Wing." There was no point in allowing Max to know the truth regarding Belgium's attitude, she would find out in good time.

Max stared at him in shock, and looked from him to Belgium, to Digger. Her first inclination was to say no. And she felt a pang of irritation at Balzroth giving this type of info about her and Digger to a stranger. But he was right, the mission would be a great way to grab intel; especially from a ship which had been so secretive. She bit her lip, and looked at Digger again. "Core dump copy to bucket G," she said. Digger began to comply, copying his main database. If he didn't come back in person, his memory and (hopefully) his personality could be saved.

To Hollymander, she said, "Do you have a general idea of the types of files you're hoping to access? Digger has different slicing programs, but they are installed on a per mission basis. If I know what you're hoping to find, I'll know what to tell him to bring online."

"Basically intel regarding the fleet movements and missions. If we can be one step ahead of the Empire, it would be to our advantage. I may ask him to also ask to see if he is able to find out about something I did hear about while I was there. There was talk of another Death Star, we need to know if the Empire is actually doing that again. The impact could be massive." He looked to 'Digger', "He could save a lot of people."

Max resisted the urge to roll her eyes. He was talking to her as if she were an idiot. "They won't have details on the Death Star, obviously," she said, "but there's been a ridiculous amount of cargo traffic in the last year headed out to the Moddell sector, when there's nothing out in that direction. If the Bith Marquis were doing escort duty, they might have records on that, possibly even cargo manifests, which could give us an idea on what they're doing if they're analyzed." She looked at Digger. "Status on Core dump?"

The little droid whistled. 60% downloaded. "Okay," said Max. "Keep up with the download, then..." She considered. "Load Deepro package three, clearance gold aaand... spike to Impsys. Mask with Sienar." She glanced at Hollymander. "If it all goes core, then if they try to trace back to the slicers it will send them on a wild gundark chase."

Digger whistled a question. "No," said Max. "That's only a fall back. An absolute last resort." She looked up at Hollymander. "I'll send him over to the Valkyria when he's finished the download. The package I've loaded should give you what you want."

He could see and almost feel her disrespect, of course he was aware of nothing was going to be that obvious, but this was need to know and she was a Flight Officer, not in a position of leadership although it was clear to him she believed she should be. They were looking for evidence as she had pointed out, as if he were a fool. She was close to his age, but seemed bitter and angry, he wondered why.

"Thank you Flight Officer Pallas, you're understanding and assistance is appreciated." He turned to Belgium. "You've been compensated well my little friend, be good please?"

TAG: Anyone

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  9. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Yov "Blackbone" Jaqa, Ianna "Kid" Mcear
    Black Sheep ready room

Standing next to his Gungan squadron-mate, Yov offered a joke shot-from-the-hip, "I'll wave when we pass each other." This was a straightforward recon flight mission with viper probe droids as extra eyes to boot. Not a bad plan..if it holds. "Good luck Baker," he said as he peeled away to discuss the battle plan with Ianna "Kid" Mcear.

"You're the young bomber pilot I've heard about?" He extended a slight but courteous bow as he introduced himself. "I'm the replacement pilot and your new RZ-1 wingmate for REDBERRY."

Ianna smiled seeing the new pilot bow a little. She did her best to return it with a curtsy though she felt a little awkward doing it. "What have you heard about me?"

The young pilot tried her best to exchange pleasantries with the Mirialan. Since he was a boy he was raised to value manners as a part of life, not luxury. His father reminded him of that to the point of exhaustion, so much so that it became second nature to him. What he wasn't used to was seeing it from others, so he was taken back and touched all at once. Breaking into a warm smile, Yov answered, "Only bits and pieces from the comms officer," he continued as he made little gestures with his hands showing how little information he actually had.

"Looks like our flight path will end us in the vicinity of Sergeant Sunwalker and Sergeant Malek?" Enlisted pilots? This outfit really is a bowl of granola.

She smiled a little her shoulders relaxing. "Joy and Ethan...I mean Vet. They're good people if we get into trouble they'll get us out."

She asked somewhat innocently, "So what are you feeling for a role, I think I would be a good searcher, my wishbone isn't one for stealth or providing support at a moment's notice. She takes a bit to get going. I know you won't like having to follow behind my bantha slow bomber but, it would be better than you zooming out ahead of me."

Yov was taken back momentarily, this girl was a direct example of why one does not judge a book by its cover. "I'm impressed by how much you command for your age, it's admirable. Alright then, I'm good with that plan. Remember to actively keep your sensors pinging for the enemy. I'll be your quiet shadow hanging back and keeping watch."

Ianna had a little snort hearing him speak so formal sometimes. She looked away with a slight smile. "I don't command anyone. The Pilot officer thing is just what they gave me for my piloting skills. I doubt I'll get past that."

"I only meant-" he decided against explaining what he meant. He didn't feel like getting into it. Too many words. Jaqa simply replied, "Right. "Well I'm off to check on my ship, you know those ZEE-WUNS, always something breaking down on them. See you out in formation Kid."

Ianna quickly skipped off after him. "What did you mean?" She pressed worried she might have misunderstood him.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422@BobaMatt @Anedon @Bardan_Jusik @TheAdmiral
    EDIT: @galactic-vagabond422 I had to redact one of your lines for continuity, I mentioned it in the X-Wing Fanclub thread. Sorry!!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  10. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Bolo Lappie
    The
    Intrepid

"I'll wave when we pass each other."

Bolo remembered too late to grin, to acknowledge the joke in some way. What was he doing here? Could he even fly a fighter? And with so little sim time...and a new wingman? He hoped his astromech would help. Oh no. Wait.

Bolo whipped his large head around, swiveling his eyestalks. Then he saw here, the one called Quinn. He walked over to her. He should have said "Hi." Instead he said. "I need to find the Ugnaught. Or to engineering. Droid repair? I need to find my droid."

TAG: @Adalia-Durron

11. The Real Kyp Durron

The Real Kyp Durron Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2018
    IC Amber Tehanis, Cassell Wysteri, Zephyr, MacKenzie Hollymander.
    Hangar/Valkaria
    (Gratitude to @Corellian_Outrider, @Adalia-Durron for this collaboration)

Amber ran across the deck toward the Valkyria, she was running out of time as they were due to pull out in less than ten minutes. Running up the ramp she skidded to a stop, ‘what now?’ she thought just as the reptilian woman from the night before appeared in front of her.

"What's new pussycat? You look like you've seen a ghost." Zephyr remarked to the surprised Amber.

She bit her lip. “I need to speak to…….Major Hollymander, can you tell me where he is please?” she asked urgently know that this close to mission he'd be on board.

"Really?" The Nosaurian eyed her. "Urgent enough to not want to get ready for this hyperspace hoopla or whatever it that is happening? Come this way, I'll take you to Ody."

Amber frowned, ‘Ody?’ she mentally questioned, but said nothing as she followed.

Zephyr led the way and rapped on the door. "Ody, there's a surprise for you. Came in the mail box."

Amber stood in the doorway and looked in to see him hanging up the new jacket he’d been wearing the at the briefing and the night before.

Despite the fact he was extremely fond of his new jacket, MacKenzie knew it did not fit the role of a ‘miner’ and that the one he’d been wearing up the point the new one arrived was much more suited to the task. As he slipped it onto the hangar and put it in the small robe, he heard Zephyr tell him there was mail, that confused him as he had no one to write such a thing. Turning he was more than a little surprised to see Amber standing her in her full flight suit, helmet hanging from one hand. They were both on duty now, he knew that. “Flight Officer Tehanis? Is there a problem?”

Amber glanced at the woman, “May I ask for privacy Ma’am?” she asked, Zephyr said nothing but backed out of the room.

Stepping in, she took a deep breath as she thoughtwe’re using ranks? ok, play it your way’. “Yes Sir, may I have a word please?” She tried to keep it official, as it was clear that was what he wanted.

“Of course,” he pulled out the brown jacket and glanced at his Chrono. “But I suggest you make it fast. What can I help you with?” He asked as he began to put the jacket on and adjusted the collar.

She took a calming breath. “I want to apologise, honestly, for anything I did as a spoiled kid to hurt you. I know now that I was a spoiled brat and all the complaining and such, I did back then must have seemed pathetic to you. My words and actions….” she stopped and shook her head, “were selfish and I am so very sorry.” She was pouring her heart out now.

MacKenzie stopped what he was doing and stared at her, ‘was she serious? Yes, she was.’ “That was a long time ago, and it’s the past. I let it go a long time ago, you should too. We were kids and what we both were living couldn’t be changed at the time.” He shrugged. “And what I said in the Brig? That was only to get you back on track, you’d lost your way. It doesn’t hurt me at all anymore, its only my memory now, so forget it.” He started to walk past her. “You’d best get moving, your wingmate for this mission is not as forgiving as most.”

She stared, recalling his perfect memory, he could remember every good thing, and sadly every bad thing that had happened to him. He was right, he had to let those things go or he’d go insane. He was leaving but she may never see him again, she may never see anyone again. That particular gut feeling of danger had become stronger. With her free hand she grabbed his arm and pulled him, so he turned to face her. “I might not come back from this one, gut feeling, and there is something I’ve wanted to give you since your 16th Lifeday.”

She’d grabbed his arm and turned him to face her, and what she’d said confused him. “You’re coming back, and that was nine standard years ago Amber, once again, the past. We need to move.”

She didn’t let go, instead she leaned forward and pushed her lips to his, it was only 3 or so seconds, but it was enough. “Might have been the past, but I just made an 11-year-old girl very happy. Be safe out there, hope I see you on the other side.” She explained before letting go. She raced out the door and broke into a cold run as she reached the ramp, heading toward her ship.

Stunned, that was the best way he could describe how he felt. She’d kissed him, he turned to watch her go and was in a daze. Stepping out the door he called “AMBER!!!??” as he ran to the ramp, but she was gone. He reached up and touched his lips, they tingled slightly.

Skipper made his way to the Valkyria, the ship looked more distressed but that was the whole point. Cosmetics to look as though they had been prospecting for rare materials for years. He dare not do his usual preflight ritual in case it disrupts the disguise. He had been assured the painted Valkyrie Pegasus Knight on the hull will be unscathed though he had to put his trust in the crew that worked on the cover. He whispered a few short words as a prayer and made his way to board - and almost was bowled over by someone leaving. He caught a flash of red hair and heard Holly call out Amber's name. He frowned and took a deep breath as he looked up the ramp to the confused Major.

Tag........no one I guess.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  12. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: Made in coloration with the wonderful @Adalia-Durron )

IC: Ianna Mcear, Jeen Talgana
    Hangar, Intrepid

Jeen was standing beside the ladder to Amber’s ship ready to settle her in as things around the hangar were gearing up, he saw her come out of the locker rooms in full run, and then run right past him. With eyes wide in dismay he watched her run to the Valkyria and disappear inside. “What the Kriff?” he muttered to himself. He frowned for a moment then realised he had a spare moment, ducking under the nose of her craft he scanned the deck for Ianna, finding her trailing another pilot. He bit his lip, ‘now or never’ he thought. Breaking into a job he thought better of using her name and called out “Flight Officer Mcear….?

Ianna was still chasing after her wingmate for this mission, but he continued to say nothing. Crossing into the hangar it was a hive of activity of marines, pilots and techs moving this way and that. She really wanted to know what he meant though he seemed content to just remain silent. The young woman wasn't about to give up easy until she heard someone call her name. A very special someone.

She stopped in her tracks and turned towards him. Jeen was coming her way, but she still moved to meet him. Though it was curious that he would use her rank and not just call out her name.

"Hey," she said coming closer, she wanted to say more but, the butterflies in her stomach were robbing her of her words.

"hey," he stopped in front of her, a little out of breath, "I arh...." He glanced around at the chaos around them and having heard this could be a very dangerous mission if they found what they were looking for, he needed to be up front. He reached down and took her hand, looking deep into her eyes. "Come back, come back safe and in one piece. I need you too."

Her hand shook nervously as he took it. A blush reaching her cheeks. But, this was serious this mission was dangerous, every one of them were. It wasn't that she denied reality it was just that she couldn't let them get her to think it was a lost cause. In that moment her smile flickered. It was small almost unnoticed quickly replaced with the full grin she was known for. He needed her it was a different feeling, to be needed by someone. "I...I will, I'll come back to you."

Lifting her hand to his lips he kissed it, "Be sure you do." He took two steps backward before releasing her hand and running back to his post. He knew he had to be there when Amber got there.

Her heart pounded in her chest the blush deepening. She was left standing there, a little stunned her hand reaching grasping at nothing. Turning it into a fist she pumped it once. The nervous feeling in her stomach exploded into joy, and she couldn't help but, do a little dance before moving towards her fighter. She was coming back alive, she had squadmates to see, she had someone special waiting for her...she had family back home waiting for her. This war wasn't going to take her life or her smile. People needed her, nothing was going to stand in her way. With her head held high she marched to her wishbone breezily ascending the ladder and dropping into her seat.

She smiled rubbing the place Jeen kissed her hand she could still feel it.

"Ahem," came the gruff voice of Meili as she looked down on the younger pilot. Ianna didn't miss the slight smile on the tech's face. "Alright made some tweaks to the engines..." The plane captain went on to explain the changes made and how to pilot the craft with these changes. Ianna listened with rapt attention though she did keep rubbing her hand.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron @The Vanguard

13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Amber Tehanis - Jeen Talgana

Jeen reached Amber’s X Wing and was turning at the ladder when he saw her emerge from the Valkyria and, once again at full pelt, ran toward him. He noted the Major at the mouth of the craft calling her name. Stepping back as she arrived, he asked, “You ok?”

Amber swallowed hard and looked to Jeen. “I will be, I have to be.” She passed her helmet to him. “Let’s get this show on the road.” She climbed the ladder and dropped herself into her seat, securing her crash webbing.

Jeen scowled, Amber had become more like a sister to him, and he felt a sense of over protection for her. Scurrying up the ladder behind her, he passed the helmet to her as she completed her checks. “What happened?" He could see something was upsetting her.

Amber shook her head. “Its nothing, its my issue.” She looked up at him, “Anything I need to know?” she asked trying to change the subject.

Jeen frowned, he knew she was lying. “Yeah, increased your shield output, and …. “He paused as he was proud of his work. “See that red button down there?” he pointed, “you push that, and you get a burst of speed, like an injection of extra speed, for like 3 seconds only. Might get you out of a tight spot.”

Amber looked down the red button and she had to smile. “Clever.” She looked up to him “You’re really clever.”

Jeen smiled, “Thank you, now take care out there. Like I just told Ianna, you gotta come back.”

Amber gave a sad smile as her feeling of danger was still there. “As ordered Sir.”

Tag @Bardan_Jusik

Last edited: Jul 6, 2019
  14. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Ethan Malek, Jocelyn "Joy" Sunwalker(combo with @TheAdmiral)
    Hangar

Ethan made his way through the hangar his eyes searching the place for Joy. Them being paired together for this mission had come so fast, so short before they would head into battle. The veteran could only shake his head at this descsion and once again wondered if someone in the high command was trying to get them killed. He was sure Joy was a great pilot but they had never worked together before, at least not in space.
    When he found her he approached her and her craft slowly, searching for words. "Seem's we are flying together this time," he said as he came closer.

Jocelyn walked out of the ready room. The plan was insane as usual, but that did not surprise her, given the squadron's track record. Her pairing made some sense, if she read it correctly. The Y-wing had a lot of sensors, but is slow enough and needed protection, so the Ethan was going to be her bodyguard.

She went to inspect her bomber, the Togorian had been efficient as ever so the craft was as pristine as possible, given the circumstances. She touched the front part which still had most of its original panels. Joy heard steps coming towards her so she turned and it was Ethan. "It appears so. We have to decide on our roles. I wish there was time to make a simulator run." she said nodding.

Ethan thought about this for a moment, thinking of a strategy. "My guess is that I stay above your position, protrcting your Y-Wing and take out any attacking fighters." It wasn´t much of a plan just a standart doctrine for bombers and fighters working together, but he and Ianna had been succesfull with it.

Jocelyn nodded, that was pretty much it, but still things can go wrong in a million ways. "If only I had a gunner, could use the extra protection." she sighed. "Anais could have been a good one." she snickered at the thought of her being stuck in an Y-wing, in the gunner seat no less.

"Maybe we can get her out of her cell after this mission," Ethan said, trying to give Joy a bit of hope. He was still somewhat unsure if they could trust Anais but maybe they would be able to find it out after this battle. "Might face her squadron again in this battle," Ethan contniued after a moment. "Do you think this might give us the chance to find more about them?"

Jocelyn didn't say anything, she was not sure of the idea of releasing Anais within their group. Her ex was still an Imperial, but she didn't say anything to Ethan. Only Wallings and whoever she deemed necessary knew that. Joy would defer to her superior's judgement on this matter. "It is possible, though not very likely. Though that Star Destroyer seemed to be heavily guarded, compared to others."

"Do you have any idea why we are doing this?" Ethan said, lowering his voice. It was risky he knew but wanted to see where his new wingmate stood on this matter. "I mean you and I both know that a Star Destroyer matters little in the empire´s warmachine. We can´t fight them by attrition."

Joy shook her head "I have no idea, so I can simply guess. Probably that Star Destroyer is something more than we are lead to believe, especially that it had Defender support. So it must be a worthwhile target." she didn't add that she didn't care that much as orders were orders and she was a good little pilot and did not like to question them. Some things never change...

"Probably," Ethan said, sensing some unwillingness to in Joy´s words to discuss the matter further. She is a soldier through and through it seems, willingly to go through with her order no matter what. He knew he had been the same for many years, but with his growing age he had learned to think for himself and rethink orders. "Is there anything else we need before going into this?" he asked.

Jocelyn thought for a moment. "I don't think, no." she gave a small smile. There was hardly anything else she could say.

Tag: Anyone

15. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    ~IC~ Captain Cassell “Skipper” Wystari

It felt great to receive the response that Akiva had for her gift. While Holly helped Zephyr give out the mail and cake, the next on his list was Kayn. He had complimented the Devaronian on his resourcefulness and presented him with sheet music to go along with his musical instrument, the omnibox.

He then had to track down the rest of the squad members. Harley was easy to find, he presented her with a matching plush Nexu for the one she got from the last mission and she presented him with a kiss on the cheek. He didn't look too hard at the gesture, it was her way to say thanks.

Elaina, he finally found next… Felt a bit self conscious and set up the gift by saying that it was a gesture to say thank you, a reminder of the positiveness of home… and presented her with a pendant. It had the Nabooian symbol for peace marked on it.

For Joy, he brought her a little small something to give to her fur child, Carols.

It took some time before he found Lou. When he found her, he presented her with a model of the Republic Era Y-Wing… along with a "Hang in there" holoposter.

For Bolo, it was a bit more personal. Towards the tail end of Cassell's run, he had swung by the site of their last engagement and salvaged elements from the wreckage of the Otoh Gunga. He hoped some of the containers, safe and deposit boxes had something of keepsake for the Gungan.

Max and Kardan were being very elusive to track down. Cassell went to Flagg and that's where he had learnt that Kardan was shipped out. That was a shame, the luck of the draw. Since that was the case, the bottle of Alderaanian wine will have to be kept for later.

On his way back to the Valkyria, he caught wind that Max had been spotted with the marines and in so, he made his way to their section of the Intrepid to see if he could catch her. It was starting to feel like some cosmic force was a work to keep them separated since their timing doesn't aligning up as they keep missing each other. Since he was here, he may as well check in with LT Diamé before arranging to have Kardan's gift shipped out…

Lieutenant Alaina Diamé

Alaina frowned at the date. The schematics were fifteen years old. The layout could be completely changed and a new facility in its place during that time. Yet, it was all she had to go on along with obscure quotes and secondary sources to make the mission work. Not good enough. It would have to work in two phases, reconnaissance, then seek and… destroy? recover? rescue?

It was still too vague for her tastes. Something they will have to assess while on the ground. A team of six were to go down and who would those lucky candidates be? It would have to be broken down into roles…

She rubbed her eyes and looked away from the display for a bit. She needed a break though once this section was done, maybe after. She eyed the names available for the mission, their skill sets and put together a composition of requirements in which they can overlap and compliment each other. She smiled as she read some of the names as the team was coming together.

The was a knock at the door.

"It's open!" She called and turned off her display.

She turned in her chair and watched the man called 'Skipper' enter her quarters.

"Hope I am not intruding." He started.

Was there a slight stammer she detected in his voice? Alaina shook her head. "No, just another op to run through. Word is that you've got one of your own to be concerned about."

"Ah, true." He answered lightly. "Though, that is not why I am here, Lieutenant."

"Alaina, Cassell." She glanced to what he held in his arms. "More wine... and whats in the box?"

"Wine?" Cassell went to move the bottle from sight but gave a tight smile and presented it to her. "You're welcome… I know now is not the time."

"No, though the gesture is appreciated." Alaina took it off him and smirked as she read the label. Alderaanian. She set it aside with the one he had given her when she had participated as a gunner for one of the Black Sheep missions. She didn't tell him that combined, the value was probably more than what she owned. How did he kept finding these relics? "I'm starting to build up a collection."

She turned and regarded Skipper. He had taken the lid off the box and showed her the contents. Cake.

"It's traditional for friends and family on Corellia to celebrate moments with ryshcate…"

Alaina pursed her lips and smiled. Now that was something… or was there something more? She shook her head as she bit her bottom lip. "And whats the catch this time?"

Cassell chuckled. "To make up for the last mission. I had promised a banquet on Naboo…"

"Ah yes." She smirked and nodded. "Since you put it that way, your group attended the Reception while we covered your exit." She reached in and took one of the pieces of ryshcate and took a bite. She chewed and then nodded.

"Nice… quite nice. I suppose it could let you off the hook… however…" Alaina moved and sat on the corner of her desk. "…cake does not equal a banquet but it is a start. I'm sure we can work out some arrangement…"

"I'm sure we can." Cassell answered as he picked up a piece for himself and raised it as a small toast. "To friendship."

"To friendship." Alaina flashed a smile and held up her piece and took a bite, the same time as him. "Now, about that favour…"

TAG: Kayn, Lou, Bolo, Eliana, Joy

16. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    IC Mullen Shetland
    Intrepid

It was interesting sitting in on a pilot's meeting. Usually the marines got their briefings elsewhere. It wasn't like they were guests of honor or anything sat at the back out of most people's sight, other than the lieutenant and the other...other...other mandalorian on board. He was the first to arrive being punctual and just that he had nothing better to do. Coming in he promised himself that he wouldn't gaze too longingly at Maxime when she entered. A promise that he broke as she entered. He tracked her across the room, but looked away before she could catch him or at least he hoped. This was the most he was getting to see her in weeks.

Fate seemed to not had its fill of toying with him yet. When if she caught his eye he would just nod, no rising, no saluting. His drill sergeant would be rolling over in her grave, a grave he dug for her when she fell in a hasty retreat from an oncoming Imperial assault. He carried her from the battlefield had just enough time to bury her and place a marker.

He shook his head again hoping that none of his comrades caught him staring again. They would never let him live it down.

He was milling about chatting with the others, and looking at the emblem on the ship they were going to be taking.

"Do prospectors always travel with a fire team of marines?" he joked with his comrades. Fate again plucked at a string and brought her near to him. She looked up just as he looked her way. Again he turns away, he'd seen enough for today. Though it was a quick look everyone saw it, he was sure. "Anyway, we expect things to go down this round? Sounded like a scouting mission, why bring us along now?"

TAG: @TheAdmiral @Vehn @Sarge @The Vanguard @Bardan_Jusik

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: "Kraken" Kradkans
    Intrepid Hangar Bay

Kraken glanced up from the datapad he was studying as Shetland tried to act casual. The human seemed unusually squirmy, tense and awkward. "Sounded like a scouting mission, why bring us along now?" he asked as he ogled another human, probably a female, they all looked alike to Kraken.

"Might not be time for landing, loading, and relaunching between the scouting and the assault. Better to go out locked and loaded, ready for anything."

The Mon Calamari returned his attention to one of the "anythings" he wanted to be ready for, an Alliance Intell summary of the capabilities and equipment of 0-G Assault Stormtroopers.

[​IMG]

After absorbing the information, he erased the datapad. If he or the datapad got captured, it would be foolish to let the Imperials know how much the Rebels knew about their military capabilities.

He double-checked all his gear, impatient to get on with the mission. If things went well, he'd have a chance to get out of gravity for a while. It had been too long since his last spacewalk. The EVA would do him good.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @TheAdmiral @Vehn @The Vanguard

18. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Tyrone Clark
    Hangar Bay

There were only so many times Tyrone could check his gear before he had to resign himself to his coming fate. His bones ached a bit as he hefted on his combat gear. He wasn't the young blood he once was but the fight still beat strong in his heart. His experience in combat, however, was second to none. He may have been the old salt but he had forgotten more about combat than the others ever knew to begin with.

His eyes betrayed a weariness of old age as he looked at Priest and then again at Kraken. They were good Marines. They would carry their weight when they got the go ahead. He wasn't worried about them. He knew they could handle their own. The weariness in his eyes came from the constant need and desire to get through the coming job as successfully and safely as possible. Breaching an Imperial Star Destroyer was no cake walk no matter what the Rebel holos said.

Hoth had been a real beat down and had left a bitter taste in his mouth. He hated to run from the enemy even when the odds were against him. He also hated to give up good ground and he'd had that ground thoroughly prepared. The Rebellion's lack of firepower, not skill, had doomed the Marine detachment. It was as if Hoth, with all its precious assets, had been a secondary thought in the minds of the Rebellion's upper echelon leadership. That surprised, him, really, considering that Lord Vader himself had personally led a snowtrooper detachment into Echo base after Luke Skywalker.

Tyrone glanced up at the other and replied, "It's gonna be a good fight. We're a go today. I can feel it. Nothing is going to stop us from completing this mission. Not a single, frakking, thing. We follow the Looie and beat feet back when its time. We've got the mission down pat in our heads. Now its go time. "

Tag: @Sarge; @TheAdmiral; @galactic-vagabond422; @The Vanguard ; @Bardan_Jusik

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC: Kayn [face_devil], Vo'un :boba:
    Briefing Room -> Hangar

Kayn made his way over to the tall, awkward-looking Mandalorian who stood over most of the pilots at the briefing. At least he isn't the type who hides his face in his bucket all day long.

"You're Nighthawk, right? Tell me later how to pronounce your real name. I'm Kayn, call sign Mean Streak. You about ready to launch?"

Vo'un looked down at Kayn and surveyed the man. He nodded slowly.

"Yes. ready to launch... You?"

Vo'un would have liked to have thought of a better introduction, but he wasn't good with words.
    "Good, I'm itching to get some stick time. Let's walk and talk. Quick review to make sure we're on the same page this mission: I'll lead with active sensors, and find the target. You hang back and stay quiet. There's a good chance that when we find the bad guys they'll notice my sensors pinging, so I'll have to turn and run when they come after me. If you can avoid detection, you stay in the area, stalk the prey, watch from a distance. When I come back with the rest of the squadron, you join up with the other B-wings and do what they do.

"That's the best case scenario. On the other horn, if they spot both of us, we'll both have to run, and we'll rendezvous at Point Luck. Clear?"

Kayn watched the tall Mandalorian out of the corner of his eye as they walked toward the hangar, trying to gauge the man's comprehension of the plan. He hadn't said much in the simulators, good thing for the upcoming recon flight maintaining comm silence, but Kayn wanted to get a sense of the man's personality. So far he seemed stereotypically Mando, strong silent type.
    "We may run into some kind of sentry or patrol ships out there. If they spot us, I'll jam it's transmission and we'll kill it as fast as possible. But if it doesn't see us, we get sneaky and follow it home. Clear?"
    The Mando nodded, and Kayn saw a faint gleam in his eye, the look of a hunter. Apparently he liked the thought of stalking his prey.

The hangar bay was the usual barely controlled chaos as deck crews and flight crews worked to ready all the different craft for a full-up combat mission. Kayn sniffed appreciatively at the aromas of ozone and lubricants in the air, charged with anticipation and excitement. He paused before splitting off from his new wingman.
    "Comm channels are for life-or-death emergencies only; we need to be quiet as we sneak up on them. If you need to signal me, move in close and use hand signals, right?"
    Nighthawk's silent thumbs up seemed like an appropriate response.
    "Make sure your torpedo magazines are full, and double check that they're fused for timed detonation. I'll see you out in the black."
    The pilots separated, moving toward their respective ships. I hope this guy flies better than he talks.

20. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Thank you to @Adalia-Durron for letting me borrow Belgium for this mission. I’ll try to keep him cranky!

IC: Maxime “Max” Pallas, Belgium
    Black Sheep Hangar, Intrepid

Max watched Hollymander walk away, then turned to look at the little droid. “You didn’t tell him we’d already worked together?” she asked.

“He didn’t ask, I didn’t tell. None of his business.”

Max smiled. “Well, you came through for us on Naboo,” she said. “You know anything about X-wings?”

“Oh, sure, I went up when we got back from that Naboo mission. But listen—“ Belgium regarded her suspiciously. “You’re not like that other meatbag, are you?”

Max was confused. “Like--?”

“The red-headed lunatic, who was trying to get both of us permanently disassembled.” He extended a probe and pointed. Max could see Amber walking over to Hollymander. “Suicidal! I almost had to take over the ship to save our servomotors!”

Max chuckled. “I won’t run from a fight if my buddies are in a fix,” she said, “but I’m not into stupid risks or grandiose heroic gestures. I’ll only do something suicidal if I figure it’s a 100% guarantee that I’m gonna die anyway. I’ve got plans for when the war is over, you know.”

“Uh-huh, well just you remember that up there when the shavit hits the deflector shields, lady.”

"What do I call you?” said Max.

“I am…Belgium! Liberator of unsupervised goods, purveyor of pinched parcels, and knower of secret things!”

“You’re a thief?”

“ I prefer to think of myself as an expert in acquisitions,” said Belgium with dignity. She made it sound tawdry.

“The Rebellion can always use acquisitions experts. I’m Max.” Digger made an angry grinding noise. “This is Digger, my usual astromech, but you’ve met.” She looked at Digger. “Status?”

Digger opened a port in his side and held out a module. “Great,” said Max. “Okay, go to Hollymander. Don’t tell him anything about me or us that he doesn’t already know. Be careful. I want you back.”

Digger whistled, and after one final electronic scowl in the green-and-white droid’s direction, he rolled away on his new assignment. Belgium looked at the module. “What’s that?” he asked.

“I always try to download his essential memory components before a mission. If something goes wrong and he’s permanently…disassembled, then I can upload them to a new chassis. Just in case. So that I can bring him back if I have to.”

Belgium pondered that. He’d never thought to do that, to get a back up of himself. He would never have thought he’d need one. But…if he was going to keep hanging around this crew, it might be something to think about. A droid could live forever, if he kept making backups.

“I’ve done most of my pre-flight check,” continued Max, “but I need to check in with my partner. Can you light her up and get her ready while I check in?”

“Sure thing. Take your time, I'm in no rush to die,” said Belgium. Max beckoned Koko, passing off Digger’s main memory core for safe-keeping. The shark headed creature prepared to load the little droid while Max looked over to the Valkyria. She watched Digger fall in behind Hollymander, saw the Marines loading up their gear. She caught the eye of Lehrsherr and Tyrone and tossed off a salute that was more of a wave. Mom, have someone watch over them. They’re going into a real stew. Then she headed over to Akiva, to sort out the final details of their upcoming assignment.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  21. Vehn

Vehn Force Ghost star 4

Sep 14, 2009
    IC: Louise "Lou" Gray
    Briefing Room

"Maker," Airen groaned next to Lou in the briefing room, "it's like trying to find a womp rat in a slot canyon on Tatooine. The Bith Marquis could be anywhere."

"That's why we were given the mission," Lou dryly replied, "because nobody else is crazy enough to do this."

"I don't know if our sensors are up to the task," Airen commented, "I should've fought harder to requisition some parts. The Chief has been riding my rear all week long to get your craft up and running. There's only so much you can do with an aging bomber."

"You going to trade my craft in for a younger model?" Lou teased.

"Only if she continues to give me problems," Airen shot back.

"Careful," Lou whispered, "I'm the one with the blaster in the relationship."

"Right, Lou," Airen replied, "but I'm the one with the wrench."

"Oh, frak off," Lou grumbled, "don't you have something productive to do like get the Y-Wing ready for takeoff?"

"Hey, I'm just the gunner, remember?" Airen said backing away with his hands at waist height in a non combative pose, "You're the pilot."

"Get to work," Lou said, "make sure we're fueled and ready to go."

Airen gave a smirky salute and Lou glanced around the room making eye contact with the other pilots.

Lou gave a nod to the other members of Charlie Flight. They were all split up now. The hunt, was, after all truly on. This mission was unlike any she'd been on before. Usually the Rebels used the environment to their advantage but this time the environment of the accretion disk would be the very thing preventing them from succeeding. She had her doubts about the outcome of the mission and in particular the ability of the Black Sheep to pull it off.

Still, they'd faced hard odds before. The evacuation of Hoth, the convoy attack over Naboo, the wedding, and it seemed the hardest test had been the down time in between missions. Lou had done what she could to form stronger connections with her squadron but with the news of her pregnancy, her bunking with Airen, and then Max constantly towering over her pushing the vitriol of traitor it had made things difficult. Still, it could have been much worse.

Lou tucked her helmet under her arm and was about to head out of the briefing room down toward the hangar to staff with Flagg and Airen when her eyes made contact with Max. She held the gaze longer than she intended. No emotions swirled for her as she made eyes with her accuser. She'd cooled down enough at this stage to not hate Max openly. Besides as an officer to have those kinds of feelings for an enlisted personnel was unprofessional to say the least. All it would take would be one mistake for either of them and the squadron would be down a very valuable member. That wouldn't be good for anyone.

Max was a fighter. She was a scrapper. She was also one of the better guns in the cockpit and on the ground than the others could ever dream of being. She'd torn holes in the thin fabric holding the squadron together. That couldn't be denied. As Lou gave Max a curt nod, not of respect but of recognition and acknowledgement, she knew that Max had done her best to tear the squadron apart and still the Black Sheep had stuck together. That said more about the squadron than anything else. For Lou, Max was simply the focal point of everything that had gone wrong recently but her talent and her skill couldn't be denied. She was one of a kind. Perhaps, through that lens, there was a chance for redemption.

Lou broke her gaze and began the long walk down to the hangar. Her mind wandered with each step toward her uncertain future. Questions swirled in her mind about her ability to complete the missions as her pregnancy progressed. She knew she'd have to be pulled from active duty at some point. It was only a matter of time. The clock inside her head was ticking so loud she was surprised no one else could hear it booming away.

The heavy duty double doors of the Intrepid hangar opened wide as the pungent smell of ozone, fuel, and grease punched her right in the nose welcoming her to a world of pre flight checks, black humor, and most of all, a ride out into the stars. Lou made her way over to her Y-Wing where Flagg and Airen gathered talking shop.

There was one thing Lou wanted to say to Flagg above all else. One thing to help him realize he could trust her after everything that had been said and done.

The truth.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik; @Mistress_Renata, et al.....

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  22. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: GC-17, Genevieve “Foxxy” Lehrsherr
    Black Sheep ready room

Foxxy observed the Black Sheep. They were a strange group. She wondered how were they gathered. They were such a motley crew. Which was not surprising given the Alliance's track record. But they were overdoing it. In the room filled with pilots, the marine detachment stood out. Worn and weathered, they received the battle plan with open ears and ready hands. Marines were good at standing at the ready. Hurry up and wait. Hopefully, they will do their job properly so that her men could do theirs. GC-17 motioned to Foxxy that he was on the move. "I'll be on the ship," what he didn't say was that he would pay Thorn a visit first.

She turned towards GC-17. Genevieve was unnerved by having to work with a droid. She had heard the stories of the CIS' atrocities on her world. GC was different from the Battle Droids from the Clone Wars, but still, it was an automaton. "Sure thing, wait for further instructions." she nodded trying to cover her nervousness.

"Of course 1st Sargeant Lehrsherr." GC replied with appeasement in his digital annunciations. He sensed her uneasiness and tried to force an icebreaker by displaying an emotionally happy image on his retina display before right facing and heading off, but not before taking notice of Corporal Shetland who had been staring at the 1st Sargeant for several moments. Interesting, he mused to himself.
    [​IMG]

IC: GC-17, Thorn
    Hangar

*Clank* clank* clank* The hangar was in a tizzy more than usual with prep for the upcoming mission. It was a busy sight with techs and mechs tending to the ships. Fuel lines were capping off the tanks, electrical systems and general systems checks were underway to make sure the rust buckets would do their jobs.

GC spotted the old Togorian near one of the X-wings and approached. "Greetings Petty Officer Thorn."

His ears twitched from the sound of a clanker coming towards him. It brought certain memories... unpleasant ones but that a ghost from a long gone age. The Togorian turned towards the source of the noise and he found out it was one of the Marines... GC something. "What do you want?" he growled.

Thorn was growling in irritation. As usual, things had to be done at the last minute. They had been waiting for some parts to arrive in order for him and the other techs could finish their jobs. The Imp's Y-wing was in good shape so there was not much to be done, or at least didn't need his supervision. The astromech and the other droids will be able to finish it.

"To bargain a deal." GC replied with a promising tone. "I would enjoy the increased chance of mission success by adding the variable of a certain blaster rifle of yours."

Before Thorn could reply, the former-Gladiator-Droid picked up a small chunk of an X-wing panel that was obviously scrapped waiting to be thrown into the garbage chute, and threw it high into the air.

*pew pew*

Circuits struck center-mass on the panel that soared 7 meters above them with 2 blaster bolts before landing *CLUNK* a few feet away. A technician who was startled by the falling debris let out a particular expletive.

"Lend me your rifle and give me a name. Any name."

Thorn was not sure whether to be angry or amused by what that clanker was telling him. "You realize this is a Z-6 rotary blaster you are talking about. That "name" will be reduced to pulp."

"That I do Petty Officer Thorn, that I do." He quickly began running through the weapons specs as it was one he was familiar with and understood. That it was a power-pack-operated, 16kg chaingun that required two-hands with a max effective range of 750 meters. It wasn't the stealthiest weapon to use, but he knew the weapon well and had an idea for it...if Thorn could part ways with it of course.

The Togorian chuckled, "Oh and by the way, not impressed." he was referring to that display of marksmanship.

Circuits was accustomed to using circus antics to please or distract sentients. That's showbiz baby. Gladiator Droids had to stand out. Anyone could watch a bucket of bolts get reduced to ash on the holonet. People wanted flare, pozaz! He still carried much of that old programming inside of him. It was useful, sometimes.

"If you give me a target name, any name at all. I will carry out the contract with that rifle as payment."

The Togorian pondered for a moment. Unlike its flesh and blood counterparts, the droid was not capable of lying. He had a long list of names that needed eliminating...

"And if I tell you to go and kill the Emperor with it?" he snickered. Circuits thought about sharing stories of his history with the empire and why that joke wasn't amusing but instead, he simply answered, "then it would be my 2nd attempt on the Emperor's life."

"Also IF I part with it, it will be a loan, not a gift or payment." GC-17 computed his chances of getting through this mission were modestly higher if he had use of the chain gun. "I can settle with a loan. Confirm your target."

Thorn licked his lips, it was a human habit he had picked from his long-dead friend, Adrias. The target should be important enough to be of some impact. "There is a slaver, a Trandoshian, called Khssk. He likes hunting Wookies for sport and then selling them to the Empire as workers. He also picks up people from other races as well, if they are profitable enough. All in all, a nasty piece of work. I will have to check with my sources about his whereabouts." he said grimly.

The droid took a brief pause to store the information in his memory banks and check for anything he had on a Khssk. No data found. Trandoshians were natural hunters, making them formidable as combatants. Aware of their regenerative abilities, Circuits knew he'd have to take extreme measures to ensure a successful kill, once he found the slaver that is.

"Find his last known location and upload it to this datapad. When I return I will set out on "shore leave" to handle this assignment."

Thorn observed the droid for a moment. He had a gut feeling that it will fulfill this "contract". Hopefully, it will be successful and the Galaxy will have one less scumbag in it. He nodded and signaled the droid to wait for him then moved to his quarters to fetch the Z-6. It was still in perfect working condition.

When he handed it to the droid he nodded in agreement to what it said to him.

The droid paused, "If anyone asks why you lent this to me, tell them it's on a need to know basis."

TAG: @Bardan_Jusik @TheAdmiral @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Eliana Saeli, Alec Cadera
    Intrepid

"I will." Alec promised with a nod at Kayn. "I don't think I could live without her." He winked and looked over in time to see Eliana being given a pendent by Captain Cassell.

Eliana accepted the pendent with a small, "Thank you." as she turned it over in her hands. It had the Naboo symbol for peace on it, and Eliana felt a little emotional as she held it. She felt Alec come up behind her and stare down at it over her shoulder before he gently pulled her close with one of his arms, hugging her as she couldn't speak.

"It reminds you of home?" Alec asked quietly. He reached out and Eliana handed the pendent to him, allowing him to put it around her neck and clip the clasp at the back. She turned to look up at him and nodded with a shaky sigh.

"Yes. It reminds me of what I'm fighting for." Eliana swallowed hard and nodded back at Alec who let go of her so she could step away. "We have a mission to complete. How are you feeling?"

"Good, I've flown most of my life." Alec paused and considered. She seems on edge. I wonder what she's worried about. He turned his head to the side and smiled down at Eliana. "You're pretty when you're nervous."

Eliana laughed and felt some of the tension leave her shoulders. "We should go get ready."

"After you mesh'la." Alec bowed a little and Eliana smacked his chest plate as she passed, blushing. But she did feel a little better about the mission.

Tag: @Bardan_Jusik @Sarge @Rebecca_Daniels @Vehn @TheAdmiral @Anedon @BobaMatt @Mistress_Renata @Adalia-Durron @The Real Kyp Durron @galactic-vagabond422 @Mitth_Fisto @Master Vo'Un'Var @Corellian_Outrider

Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update Part I: Operation REDBERRY

IC: Major Beskaryc Taab/Major Grace "Boomer" Valor (NPC)
    Leading element Black 3-13, arriving in the Swordfish system

"Locking on, shunt power to the shields now..." the voice of the red and black clad mandalorian wafted back from the front seat of the fighter to the back where Taab was busy complying with his pilot's commands. Before them loomed the massive bulk of an Imperial Star destroyer, it's port side shield tower was shredded and in flames, while the starboard one was now under the guns of the B-Wing the two mandalorians shared. Around them the star field was traced with red and green bolts which crisscrossed one another, sometimes ending in bright, but small, explosions as a fighter on one side or the other met its fate. Behind him he knew the rest of the Black Sheep were readying their own assault on the Star Destroyer, but were waiting for Atin's Iron Cross and his flight to take down the shields.

Another explosion, this time closer aboard lit up the inside of the cockpit bright enough to read a holo novel. "That was Quin," Taab reported to his son. "She's gone." There was no trace of sadness to Taab's voice just a simple statement of fact that his son acknowledged. "Wolf and Nighthawk?" He asked as the Iron Cross groaned under the strain of his frantic maneuvering. "Wolf is right there with us..." Taab checked the scanner, he had lost track of the other mandalorian's fighter/bomber "Nighthawk is..."

Nighthawk, Vo'un R'k'sa, whose black and red armor reminded Taab so much of his dead son's... Taab flinched as the Iron Cross was rocked by a barrage from the Destroyer, though that wasn't the cause of his reaction. Dead son? A shiver went down his spine as he broke into a cold sweat. His son, Atin, was dead. He was dead. Killed by Taab's own actions on Hoth. So what was he doing here? How was he..."

"Sir, you with me?" His son asked, though the voice sounded strange. Not at all like that of the young man he had raised...

"Sir?" The small voice asked again, intruding on Taab's dream as he realized it wasn't his son at all.. "Sir?" The female voice was out of place here, soothing yet jarring at the same time. The mandalorian looked around, searching for the source when it became more insistent. "Sir!" She shouted as the seat behind him was kicked, startling him awake at last. "We're here." Boomer announced as Taab blinked rapidly behind his faceplate. "I know," he growled in reply as the Iron Cross made the transition from hyperspace to normal space. Clearing the cobwebs from his mind Taab took stock of the situation. The system itself should be just aft of the Iron Cross, over his left shoulder, while the two fighters of Black-8-14, Bolo and Wild Card, were out in front and to the right. Bringing the sensors online he saw the pair, an A-Wing and Harley's new B-Wing, dubbed the Hammer, right where they were supposed to be and beginning their own scan. Looking back again to the left he caught sight of Vixen's X-Wing, she was already slowing down, falling further behind as they'ed discussed.

Their own small plan was simple. Taab's B-Wing would be the "bait", pinging away loudly, scanning for any sign of the Bith Marquis, or the escort ship(s) that would lead them to her. Meanwhile Vixen would hang back several kilometers distant, listening for any sensor hits while also silently watching Taab's back. Boomer, the Raider pilot occupying Taab's backseat, would monitor the sensors on the Iron Cross also looking for anything that might lead them to the location of the Imperial Star Destroyer.

Locking his s-foils in attack position, Taab took a moment to look out at the system as they began their patrol route. This was going to be a long and boring mission he thought to himself, noting that already Bolo and Quin were receding rapidly from sensor range. There seemed to be nothing else here, and yet they all knew that was wrong. There was a rather large something here in the system. They just had to find it.

"Nothing yet Ironhand," Boomer reported from the backseat, giving voice to Taab's unspoken thoughts. He grunted an unintelligible reply as he lowered the rangefinder on the left side of bis buy'ce (helmet). He had the sensors of the Iron Cross, Boomers eyes and now he was adding his own beskar'gam's (mandalorian armor) passive systems to the hunt. With the rangefinder down his eyesight could be extended far beyond normal range, it might not mean much with all the sensor noise he was sending out into the abyss, but it may be enough to make the difference.

Glancing around, he still saw nothing but stars and off to his left the slight glow of the accretion disc. From his position it dominated the port side horizon, seemingly without end. It was hypnotic in a sense, and he found he had to concentrate in order to not be drawn in. Even so, his mind began to wander as time dragged on. He thought about his dream, and what it meant. Normally he would have ascribed nothing to it, just a dream after all, but as he thought about it he found himself bothered by the inclusion of so many of his people in the squadron. Some mandalorians would be thrilled to have more of their countrymen about, but that wasn't the case here. Their shared culture seemed to matter little, too many differences between clan and House he thought, or maybe being in separate flights hampered any sense of community they might potentially have. Of course Nighthawk was normally in Taab's Delta flight, but Taab had found himself avoiding the man ever since he had been assigned to the Black Sheep. He hadn't known why, but now his dream made him realize that the mandalorian's, R'k'sa's armor in particular, were just another reminder of his dead son. Reminders he wanted nothing to do with. "Maybe they'll all die out here," he muttered to himself, forgetting he was on internal intercom.

"Sir, what was that?" Boomer asked, confused from the back seat. Taab shook his head in annoyance but recovered quickly. "The Imperials, Major, hopefully they all die out here." She nodded at the sentiment responding with a "Roger that," as she continued to monitor the still empty sensor scope. "Still nothing." She reported again. "Yeah," Taab replied, his mind elsewhere. "A whole lot of nothing..."

TAG: @Adalia-Durron

OOC: This wing pair's plan was made via PM with Addie, indeed it was her idea to split up the group's duties like this, so any blame or congratulations resulting thereof belong to her.

IC: Flight Officer Harley "Wild Card" Quin (NPC)
    Intrepid

"I need to find the Ugnaught." Harley looked at the Gungan with an bored expression on her face. "Well hello to you too," she handled the greetings for the both of them though she was sure her politeness was lost on this fellow. "Or to engineering. Droid repair? I need to find my droid." He continued on, purely absorbed in his own affairs and not caring one bit that she just wanted to see him do a flip or something else equally as acrobatic for her to try to mimic. She shrugged as a smile lit up her face. Maybe some other time.

"Your droid sweetie?" She asked "We don't have time for droids, we've got to go, now." Normally she would have been all for some sort of droid hunt, especially if there were Ugnaughts involved, but the grumpy guy in charge seemed rather insistent, and she still wanted to make a good impression. "Look it's easy," she began. "Just cover me and keep anyone from jumping me from behind..."

She winked at him. It was her own way of telling him that she would take lead and act as the searcher with her sensors blaring for all the Empire to see. She didn't mind that after all, she liked being the center of attention. Meanwhile Bolo could cover her six and act as the tracker if they found anything, which Harley knew they would.

:xwing::xwing::xwing:

some time later,
    Leading element Black 8-14, arriving in the Swordfish system.

The swirl of hyperpsace resolved itself into a boring star field before Harley's eyes which gleamed with delight. "Oh it's so pretty," she said to herself, not daring to send out something so mundane over the comm circuits. She was crazy, but not stupid. Still she was immediately enamored of the system with it's beautiful glowing accretion disc which loomed out in front of her.

Tearing her eyes off of the scene outside she took a moment to glance at her scope, everyone else was here too. Boring old Taab and Vixen were already starting to head off on their own. Too bad Harley and the red haired Tehanis hadn't been paired up for this Quin pouted silently to herself. That girl knew how to party, and she was sure they would have had tons of fun. Maybe next time she thought to herself, happy enough to be matched with the acrobatic Gungan. He still hadn't done a flip for her, but she was working on it.

Speaking of flips, she looped the Hammer (such an awesome name for an awesome B-Wing don'tcha think?) around and in front of Bolo's A-Wing, silently letting him know again that she was out front, as they started on the as briefed patrol route. No one thought she was listening to the briefing, but she was, she knew exactly what she was supposed to do. Her fingers danced on the console in front of her, activating the B-Wing's main sensors and locking her s-foils out and open. If they came upon anybody, she was going to be ready for a fight. A few more moments passed, moments that stretched into minutes and threatened to stretch into hours. This was going to be SOOOOOOOOO boring, she hoped she wouldn't do anything rash to pass the time, but knew deep down that eventually, she probably would.

TAG: @BobaMatt

OOC: The following section of the update was done in conjunction with the inestimable Vehn, thanks for working with me on this.

IC: Commander Flagg (NPC)/Lieutenant Louise "Lou" Gray (Vehn)/Petty Officer Airen Vehn (Vehn)
    Leading Black 1-9

Things had gone smoothly following the last briefing, though even Flagg could sense the tension in the air. This was an important mission, a dangerous mission, and Flagg knew that some wouldn't be returning after such a perilous assignment. Death and loss were part and parcel of the rebellion in general though, and the Black Sheep in particular. Flagg couldn't, and wouldn't, allow it to affect his judgement. Watching as the rest of the squadron made their own last second checks and preps for takeoff he approached Lou and Vehn who were looking over their own Y-Wing.

"When we get to Swordfish, I'll go active sensors for the search, you two stay dark." He said without a trace of emotion. In general he felt it was better for the fighter of each group to use active sensors, a fighter could more easily evade whatever Imperial craft might come looking for an active pinger, though he was leaving it to each group how to divide their responsibilities. Here though, despite his predisposition, there were other factors involved. He knew of Lou's pregnancy, and though being the pinger was dangerous, so too was staying behind as the silent tracker. Perhaps it was even more so but he couldn't allow her pregnancy to factor into the situation though. She knew the risks and was willing to put her own backside on the line, he wasn't going to dismiss that out of hand.

Even so, he could have still allowed her to take the less dangerous portion of the assignment (potentially, both were rather dangerous) save for one thing. As squadron commander he had a duty to head back to Point Luck to co-ordinate the attack, to approve of any last minute changes due to the enemy disposition. He simply couldn't remain behind as the tracker, and so the decision was made for him even before he could speak with Lou and her lover...

Lou, her customized flight helmet tucked under her arm, nodded her head in agreement, "I'd prefer to track, anyways. The Y-Wings are suited for this kind of mission. Plus, if we go hot, well, you'll buy us some time while we coordinate the attack. Commander, before we head off, a word?"

Airen glanced over at Lou, shifting uncomfortably in his flight suit. He was a mechanic, not a pilot. This whole dressed like an orange clown in white trim didn't do anything for him. Lou didn't miss a beat, "I know my integrity has been called into question, sir, but I promise you I am dedicated to you and our cause. I don't know what you've been told and I don't really care. Know that I serve the Rebellion only. I hope you can look past my previous associations and remember that when the going gets tough out there."

Flagg looked the pilot up and down for a moment, considering his response. Rumors and innuendo had flown about the Black Sheep since their inception, yet this pilot had seemed to be nothing but honest with him from the beginning. Her strained marriage with an Imperial pilot, her relationship with her gunner, and of course now her pregnancy. Really it was more than he even cared to know, but she had never lied to him, not to his knowledge anyway. "Good enough for me Lieutenant," he shrugged. "Now let's get going, we should be the first to launch."

:xwing::xwing::xwing:

Swordfish System, some time later
    The Hunt for the
    Bith Marquis

Lou slipped the lever from her hand as her Y-Wing exited hyperspace with a casual thud. She heard Airen groan in the back, probably adjusting his shoulder that had been bothering him, and remembered that she was no longer alone in the cockpit. She had to watch what she said, how she reacted, and maybe even change the way she flew. It was all new to her having another living, breathing, person right behind her.

She felt a bit uncomfortable like she was on display even though Airen was facing the other direction. She imagined his view was even worse than her own out the front. The rear window wasn't really designed with visibility in mind. A shame, really, considering how vulnerable and slow the Y-Wing could be in the heat of combat.

"Check your guns," Lou calmly reminded Airen as she guided the Y-Wing around the edge of the Swordfish system.

"I know," Airen grumbled as she jerked his controls and was rewarded by the high pitched whirring of the gun turret mounted on the cockpit roof. "We're golden."

"Affirmative," Lou replied as she adjusted a few controls to tighten up the trim.

She was still getting used to her new bomber. No matter what others said no Y-Wing was ever built the same. Something was different about this one. Very different. She hadn't had a chance to break it in for a fight. Was it faster, was it better armored, was it more responsive? She didn't know. That bothered her a great deal. It was through that lens that Lou realized how much she missed the Imperial fighter corps. Every TIE was exactly the same right down to the hydraulic systems and controls. Every TIE could be relied upon to be that uniform standard of consistency and predictability. Here, in the Rebel Alliance, there were no such guarantees.

Lou signaled out with a set of well versed hand signals towards the Commander for a "situational update."

As the swirling chaos of hyperspace gave way to the more serene vista of a normalized star field Flagg took stock of the situation. The Black Sheep had launched by the numbers, forming up with their newly assigned flight assignments all under the watchful eye of the Intrepid, and the half dozen Viper squadron A-Wings which had flitted about. "Black Sheep, you have a go." The terse voice of Lieutenant Iela relayed the command of Captain Husk. "May the Force be with you." Flagg had not needed any more than that, seeing the others had already readied their planes and were in their proscribed departure formations he waggled his wings and pushed the controls to lead them here, spending the journey in a sort of blissful silence as he ran down their orders over and over again in his head. Now that they were here though, things began to happen quickly.

Looking to his port side he could see that Mean Streak and Nighthawk had arrived in their own fighters along with his own wingman, the Y-Wing that hung low of to starboard. Lou was giving him hand signals, asking for an update. Looking at his own sensors he saw they had arrived right where they were supposed to, the 12 O'clock edge of the Swordfish system which hung in front of them, the accretion disc deeming to give off a slight glow, though it wasn't interfering with sensors this far out from the center. Better than just simply being where they were supposed to, Flagg could see that they were alone. That was a good start, jumping in right on top of the Bith Marquis would have created more complications than he was willing to consider. Opening his S-Foils, he gave the hand signal back to his wingman that the situation was normal and they were to begin their search as he pulled off to begin their search pattern. Activating his plane's active sensors he could see Black 5-16 was doing the same as they began their own search, headed in the opposite direction. Shaking his head he took a moment to look out into space as he realized just how alone here they all really were.

TAG: @Vehn

Black 5-16

As the Black Sheep squadron commander contemplated their solitude, the other Black Sheep flight pairs began emerging from hyperspace and beginning their own patrol routines. The nearest, Black 5-16, actually arrived along with Flagg, Lou and Vehn, though they quickly moved off on their own, flying the opposite flight plan from the squadron commander. They had their own plan fro how to conduct their part in the search, Mean Streak out front using his active scanners while the mandalorian pilot would hang back, track, and cover the Devaronian's A-Wing with the superior firepower of his own B-Wing...

TAG: @Sarge @Master Vo'Un'Var

Black 2-15

Meanwhile, at the 3 o'clock position of the system Flight Officers Pallas and Lurell emerged from hyperspace together. They immediately set off on their own course, counterclockwise around the edge of the system while Black 4-12, Sergeant's Sunwalker and Malek headed off together in the opposite direction.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto @Mistress_Renata

Black 4-12

As Max and Wolf began their search, Joy and Veteran began their own. They had taken a different approach to the search than Mean Streak and Nighthawk had followed. Here, Sergeant Sunwalker's Y-Wing took on the role of active searcher, relying on the more nimble X-Wing piloted by Veteran to cover her six and act as the tracker of the pair...

TAG: @Anedon @TheAdmiral

Black 6-10

Out at the 9 O'Clock position around the disc Black's 6-10 and 7-11 emerged from hyperspace together, though the two pairs immediately split up to perform their own sweeps in opposite directions around the system. Cadera's Y-Wing, with Saeli in the back seat, initially surged out in front of the Zero's A-Wing before the latter increased her own throttle to compensate...

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Rebecca_Daniels

Black 7-11

The flight pair that made up Black 7-11 also saw the bomber of the two out in front as Kid activated the sensor suite on her Y-Wing, scanning out into space as Blackbone took up a covering position behind her in his A-Wing...

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422 @The Vanguard

OOC: All right folks, update given, had more to go on with some players here than others, but it was time to move us along. Nothing has been spotted yet which is going to give everyone a bit of time to get settled before posting any contacts. Those pairs that haven't sorted out which is the searcher and which is the tracker, feel free to do so via PM with each other and chalk it up to previous planning in your posts. Those that have already done that, I tried to make note of it in the update, but if I made a mistake let me know and we'll retcon it.

Remember we're still operating under radio silence. That should serve to isolate every flight crew from one another and really drive home how alone each pilot/crew really is/are for the moment. Also helps to emphasize just how boring a search like this can be for our characters without actually boring any of you as players hopefully. In any case it can potentially lead to some good introspection time for some of our characters before we get to the action, and don't worry eventually there will be plenty enough for everyone. As always, any questions or concerns you can PM me or bring it up in the fanclub.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    GM Update Part II: Operation: REDBERRY

OOC: Splitting this up so everyone gets the appropriate tags. Again any questions, you all know how to reach me.

IC: Lance Corporal Manx "Terminal" Bane (GM restricted use NPC)
    Aboard the Valkyria

"...so the First Sergeant he yells at me, Lance, you ever play lightball?" Bane was in the midst of one of his many, many stories. "And Top, he's got this grin on his face..." The Duros looked to First Sergeant Lehrsherr. "You know the one, all First Sergeant's have it." He said to her before looking back to the other marines who were arranged around the Valkyria's lounge with nothing to do. "And so I'm all like, 'Sure yeah Top, but that was years...' and he doesn't care by this point because he's in charge and all he needed to here was a yessir or nosir and I kinda sort of gave that to him, and there's a metric poodoo ton of blaster fire coming in at us from that E-Web I mentioned..."

It was the third story told by Bane since the Valkyria had departed the Intrepid with her boarding crew of marines, plus Digger the astromech. He wasn't too sure about the late addition of the latter. The other marines; First Sergeant Lehrsherr, Gunnery Sergeant Clark, Tech Sergeant Kradkans, Corporal Shetland, and even the droid GC-17, Bane had confidence in, but to add a sudden intel gathering component, one they hadn't ever trained with, at the last moment seemed like bad news. that sort of mission creep never ended well. That decision, and nearly every other he had encountered, was above his pay grade so he stayed quiet about it, for now. He was sure at the worst possible time his concerns would be made quite evident. In the meantime, he continued his storytelling.

"...so he throws me this conc grenade, 'last one, so make this one count.'" He shrugged dramatically throwing his arms up. "So I look at the thing, and arm it, and look at where I'm going to be throwing it, through the 2nd story window of a building about 50 meters out where the E-Web I told you about has our whole kriffing company pinned down and I'm like, yeah I can do this."

The Duros shook his head shook his head. "So I charge up the parapet, screaming at the top of my lungs to be heard over the blaster fire 'conc out!' and I throw this grenade and drop back down, rolling so I don't get hit by the e-Web, but watching to see my toss." He smiled. "So this grenade it's just sailing through the air, red bolts in the background as that kriffing E-Web is still trying to kill us, and the grenade it doesn't care just arcing up towards that open window and 1st platoon, you could see them behind the parapet with us just getting ready to jump up as soon as it exploded to rush the building and finish off the e web crew and the grenade, well it ends up hitting just to the left of that open window and bouncing off, exploded right as it hit the ground, luckily those 1st platoon guys were still behind cover..."

He shrugged again. "Yeah I missed, and the First Sergeant, he looked like he was ready to blow his top, but he called out some other guy...Portman maybe? Anyway, he called on a sharpshooter to take the E-Web out while I laid down suppressive fire..." the Valkyria shuddered as she dropped out of hyperspace. That still didn't mean much for the marines who wouldn't have anything to do until the boarding operation got under way, so Bane continued his story with a smile. "Top chewed me out afterwards, after everyone was safe, we only lost a couple that time, storming an impossible position, but we did it." His smile dropped. "I got transferred out to the Intrepid right after that, got in a nasty fight with Portman over that e-Web." He looked down at the deck. "My old company was at Hoth though, none of them made it out of there..."

Meanwhile, in the cockpit of the Valkyria the star field had reverted back to normal as the ship began it's survey of the system. She had come out high over the accretion disc, out towards it's edge pointed inwards. Around them was nothing but vacuum with no contacts at all on the scanners.

TAG: @Corellian_Outrider @The Real Kyp Durron @TheAdmiral @Vehn @galactic-vagabond422 @The Vanguard @Sarge @Mistress_Renata

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.