main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Star Wars Celebration 2002

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB, Jul 7, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    I am starting to seriously consider going to this. Its May 3rd through 5th, 2002, at Indianapolis convention center. Anyone else interested at all. I would like to find someone to go with. I am not sure I would go for all 3 days, probably 2. Depends on what Hotel rate I could get. I would fly. I personally do not want to drive there, unless I got a rental and split it, and the driving with someone. I would probably rather fly though. I couldn't tell you where Indiana was on a map. I think its pretty far away. At the end of July I will have another 2 weeks Vacation to use for the year. I am going to start seriously planning for it then. I really want to do this, especially with it being the 25th anniversary and all. I want to do something like this before Star Wars is pretty much finished in a few more years. Let me know if your are interested.

Jeff B

2. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I have just found a site that has all available info about the celebration as well as info about accommodations in Indianapolis. swcelebration.com. I guess the convention center and the city it self hosts all kinds of events all year around. This means that anyone wanting to go should start thinking about it know, and not wait until the last month. I know most of you probably will not be going to this, and those that are interested have no idea what will be going on in there lives next year, enough to plan so early. I am looking for at least one person to go with to share a room. That is probably the only way I will be able to go. A room alone will be to expensive, especially in reasonable walking distance from the Convention center. So if any of you know anyone that is in the same situation I am, looking for a companion, or a group of people going, point them in my direction please. Thanks

3. Qui-GonJohn

Qui-GonJohn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
    Sorry Jeff ... I don't plan on going. Besides I'll be in Seattle by then, and I'll have a new job by then. I have No Clue what I will be doing or what my vacation might be or anything. My life is basically anybodies guess at this point. i cannot plan a thing right now. besides .. I don't think i'd pay for a convention of that type anymore. In my opionion they are way too expensive for what you get out of them. Now if they gave you free SW 12" limited convention only figures .. I might go. .. especially if it was of a figure that was previously unreleased .. but it would have to be free with admission and a limited convention only 12" figure.

:p

JC

4. Craigo-Fett

Craigo-Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2001
    geezzz, u want to be paid for everything these days... :)

5. Qui-GonJohn

Qui-GonJohn Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2001
  6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    First off, You know better then that John. Free 12 inch figures. No way. HA HA HA. Jar Jar Binks has a better chance of becoming a Jedi then there being Free Convention exclusive toys. At least not something like a figure. Maybe a little tiny Micro Machine. They are usually bought at the show, not along with ticket purchase and are a lot more expensive then a normal priced toy, of a similar type found in a store. I know from experience. So a Convention 12" Figure would probably be at least $40 I would say. And I am not talking about second hand sales here, I mean that would be the original price at the front table or what ever. So I guess John, you wont be seen at a con. Being Star Wars and a first time make, it would probably be higher like $50. And there probably would not make that many. I am just guessing though. You should see some of the stuff they do in Japan. They make limited Convention figures and contest figures limited to as low as 300, 200 and even 100 pieces. Then people go and pay as much as $600 for an 18 inch hollow piece of vinyl. There is a lot of silly stuff over there.

John I know probably were not going to go because of the move and all, John. I know most of the people on this board are not planning on going. I know a lot of people out there are not into cons at all. Just wanted to get the word out that I was looking for a companion to share expenses with and hang with. So if anyone knew anyone not the board they could point them in my direction. Well, this is one huge star wars convention with a ton of fans of the same thing in one room, instead of all kinds of fans of a bunch of things and a little of this and that. That is why I want to go. Its all Star Wars and all Star Wars Fans. I went to the Asian Fantasy Film Expo in NJ and it was cool because everyone was a fan of the same stuff. If I cannot find a companion and afford to go to the Star Wars Celebration then hopefully the next and final one, I can go to, in 2004 or whenever EP.3 is. I can go to G fest in 2002 instead. G Fest is the Largest Godzilla and Japanese Monster (Kaiju) related Convention. That will be just as cool, and not as expensive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.