main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CJ25 Star Wars Celebration (social thread)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Disciple-of-Tython, Apr 16, 2017.

1. BrentC007

BrentC007 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    I'm surprised they don't bring back Star Wars Weekends or some kind of variation of that at the parks with celebrity guests, autographs and a parade. My brother, sister-in-law and her family were in Orlando when they had that in honor of the 30th anniversary of ROTJ. He brought me back some Disney themed ROTJ 30th anniversary souvenirs.

2. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I would love to see Star Wars weekends come back! Never got to do them and would have loved to.

3. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It seems like saving for the 50th Anniversary is the best bet

It's also an excuse to go to Disneyland/world which I've not been to outside of the European one (which I know is not on the scale of the American parks)
    Having been to Tokyo myself a few years ago, I can't say I found it particularly expensive.
    Certainly not in terms of food or travel, but since I stayed in a hostel I can't speak for the cost of hotels near any convention centre or tickets for events like Celebration.

4. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I’m planning to go - benefits of still being young and single lol. On the plus side VIP tickets will probably be easier to get in Japan.

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Unfortunately I have pretty bad allergies. Medication helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    I was doing some poking around for past Celebration memories, and it appears the live streams from Celebration Anaheim 2015 have been taken down. I linked the thread where we had them here, and as you can see they no longer come up. I tried finding them elsewhere, and even on websites where these same streams were linked, they appear the same way now. Which is weird because I know I've referred to this thread in recent memory and they were still up.

https://boards.theforce.net/threads/past-live-streams.50045121/

All of the Europe 2016 and Orlando 2017 streams are still up, as well as individual panel streams from those Celebrations. And of course all of the streams from Celebrations after that are still up. But only highlight clips from Anaheim 2015 are available now. With a few scattered panel videos on different channels that just happened to post them. I wonder why they decided to remove most of the content from Anaheim 2015.

Darkslayer likes this.
  7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Apparently they have sent out questionnaires to ask you about opinions, I of course haven't receieved any email this time either. Especially when it comes to fan-created content they listen quite a lot to what people liked and want to see more of.

On the other hand my badges arrived in the mail yesterday.

8. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    That's pretty bad Obi Anne about those badges! Reed really needs to get the questionairs out either at the Cele. or very shortly afterward, maybe even have an option when you buy your tickets you would want to participate in one afterward while memories are still fresh.

9. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    My badge still hasn’t arrived but I did get the questionnaire for the first time having not gotten one for my previous four Celebrations! In my response to the questionnaire I did highlight not receiving my badge or my pre ordered merchandise which I’d paid postage to receive before Celebration started!

10. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    Have you written or called Reed concerning this? the first Cele. Orlando,I did receive a questionnaire and answered it, but did not receive any other from Cele.'s after that. Reed owes you badly! please call them!

11. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    May the 4th Be With You All!

JonSB likes this.
  12. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    Another big change signifying the decreasing relevance of these major conventions. This one is actually pretty huge, more than any studio pulling out in my opinion, as Sideshow was basically a museum exhibit right in the middle of the show floor at SDCC and kind of set the tone for everything else around it. As it is, the show floor last year already felt lesser than it had been in previous years due to other major companies not being there who previously had been. So this is just going to make it seem dead almost. I imagine it's only a matter of time now that the last remaining major studios and companies who have a presence on the show floor at SDCC will pull out, including LucasFilm.

And if you remember, Sideshow had a pretty small display at Celebration Anaheim last year and were kind of tucked away in a corner of the show floor. So this is probably an indication that they will no longer be at Celebration in the future.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I saw that earlier and posted about it in the Collecting Sideshow thread.

MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  14. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Walt Disney World to close Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser
    May 18, 2023, 2:15 PM · Disney's Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser will take its final voyage this fall. Walt Disney World announced today that it will be closing its ambitious, role-playing, cruise-like Star Wars experience, after just over a year of operation.
    Star Wars Galatic Starcruiser's final voyage will board September 28, concluding on September 30. Disney will be contacting passengers booked on the Halycon after that date to arrange an earlier booking, if available and desired. To accommodate those guests, Disney is pausing booking on the Starcruiser until May 26.
    https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202305/9561/
    I'm a little sad this is going away. I was hoping they would cut the prices a little so I could go next year.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  15. MotivateR5D4

Apr 20, 2015
    They wrote things into canon for that...

It's quite a big change in the convention world.

16. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I wonder how the calculations were, because I thought it was full and hard to get tickets to it even if the prices meant that a lot of people couldn't even contemplate to go. I know that one of my best friends booked it as her 50th b-day gift, and I know that it was in the autumn, I hope it was earlier in September so that her trip doesn't get cancelled.

17. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    No, it wasnt hard to get bookings. They even tried offering discounts to other Disney hotels to try to entice people to go and extend their trip. The place only has 100 rooms and they couldn't fill them.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  18. j-jawa3

Sep 4, 2004
    A sad situation! I wonder if things would change if the prices were lowered to $500 per person?

19. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    And apparently my friend had booked in October so she won't get a chance to board the Halcyon, due to work and other stuff I know that she booked in October because she couldn't go earlier.

I wonder if we will see it reopen, but as a regular hotel without the immersive experience, which I assume is what cost a lot of money due to all the staff that is necessary.

20. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    I doubt that it would ever be that low unless they completely did away with the extras.
    For me the cost breakdown would be closer to this for two days:
    1) Room $600 per night (not too far off regular Disney room. Wilderness Lodge standard room is ~$530 plus taxes)
    2) Characters walking around in costume and extra theme/games cost $400 per night
    3) Food per day $150 ($300 for two days)
    4) Disneyworld trip Galaxy Edge $150
    So maybe ~$2500 for a single person and $450 extra per person would have been more reasonable to me.

21. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
  22. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    This bodes well for 2025, although who knows if he will be up for a trip to Japan.

JonSB likes this.
  23. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Hamill starts at $400. That's absurd

Darkslayer likes this.
  24. Darkslayer

Mar 26, 2013
    Woah. I didn’t see that

[​IMG]

25. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Well, there were rumors if he was gonna sign again, he won't be cheap?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk