main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars CLOSED Star Wars: Episode VI: Twilight of the Force III: A Son’s Destiny

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , May 4, 2021.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    On the day that Twilight of the Force III begins

Fourteen year old Ben Solo heads with his father Han to scout out Vector Prime the day before Empire Day - and discovers a terrible truth.

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox

2. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Han Solo, Ben Solo

Ben Solo was his fathers son.

He was a brilliant pilot of the Millennium Falcon - when his father let him.

He was a masterful swordsman - when he was allowed to spend time on Tython.

He was an articulate young man - when he wasn’t spoken for by the adults around him.

He ruminated on this in his room aboard the Millennium Falcon. The teenager couldn’t tell you what his father was; a New Republic General, a Corellian smuggler, a diplomat for the Senate, a racer...

He was never sure.

Lumpawaroo wasn’t always co-pilot, especially when he was back on Kashyyyk. When that happened, Ben flew with his father, but otherwise he had his studies and training. Xaverri ran her cons against Eternal Imperials as ever, ruining bad people’s lives one day at a time.

Ben shrugged as they jumped into hyperspace for who-knew-what cause or mission. He liked his solitude, after all. Of course sure you do.

“Hi, Palpatine,” Ben said, wryly. It wasn’t really the Dark Overlord of the Sith. It was just a game he played with himself. A voice that he had manifested to express his deepest frustrations with being the son of Han Solo. He was nobody special, just another Force sensitive child in a galaxy with a thousand New Jedi, scores of Jensaarai, and however many Sith were inevitably pretending to be dead.

Speak up, Ben, what is it you want?

“To not be treated like a kid,” he grumbled. “Mandalorians are treated like adults by now, y’know.”

Even the most immature ones. Palpatine agreed. But for the Jedi and the New Republic and its laws and rules... you’re a minor no matter how powerful you are in the Force; regardless of how skilled a pilot you are; of how obvious you far outstrip anyone your age...

Ben looked up, called out. “Dad, what do you want? You know I can sense you at the door...”

Han Solo, Ben's adoptive father opened the door to his son's room with a smile on his face "Hey son, you sensed me comin' eh? You're gettin good with your Force trainin now".

Of course Ben wasn't his own flesh and blood but he treated him like it. And he was proud of the boy, he was as good a pilot as him and he knew how to fix and repair the Falcon pretty well.

Of course Xav was a good mother figure when she wasn't off spoiling Skelm's plans. And Lumpy was a good uncle too. They had not seen his aunt Feyna though and Han was itching to let Ben talk to her.

He wasn't a big fan of Ben going off to Tython but if Ben decided he wanted to become a Jedi then Han supposed it didn't hurt for the boy to head there to see what it was like.

Han Solo himself had gone straight, well straighter than he was before. He was still a General for the New Republic but sometimes he did do the odd smuggling job on the side. Not for the underworld more for stealing stuff from under the Eternal Empire's noses.

One day Han hoped Ben would take over the Falcon from him with Lumpy beside him as copilot. A new partnership like him and Chewie had.

But it all depended on the next few minutes.

Han, now with silver in his hair stepped into his room and sat down near Ben his face turning serious "Just got a call, we've been called on a mission. Whilst we travel I thought it was time you learnt somethin'"

"The truth about your father".

Ben's eyes widened, broadly.

It hadn't been difficult to guess he was adopted.

Red hair, after all, though he'd grown out of it a fair bit.

But he hadn't expected his Dad to just speak about it.

"My father?" He put down his calligraphy set and turned to sit, cross-legged, on his bed.

There is no need to be afraid, Palpatine whispered.

Han felt nervous about this bit, after all he was about to spill the beans on his Jedi turned Sith father.

"Your father was Luke Skywalker, son of Anakin Skywalker. Your father was a Jedi when he was younger and a good kid. Unfortunately he lost his mother and sister when Alderaan got blown to bits".

"But then he turned into a Sith Lord eventually. He was corrupted by a Sith Lord named Maul, who I guess used his grief to turn it into anger, who knows" and he killed my partner he thought but didn't say. He still missed Chewie.

"Eventually your father was no longer Luke Skywalker, he became Darth Zorn and he began to amass followers including your mother whom I gather was also a Sith, probably why you've got red hair too. Anyway you were born and kept on a dark world".

"That's where me and Xav found you, with another Jedi Mace Windu and others. We decided to keep you safe, away from your father and his dark influence. I'm not sure what happened to your mother".

"Eventually your father became so.powerful he wanted to take over the galaxy, conquer it for the Sith cause. So me and Xav took you to Dagobah where your grandfather was hidin' and introduced you. He came with me to battle your father whilst you stayed with Xav"

Now for the hard bit "Your father died at Exegol, i'm not sure if your grandfather killed him or who did. But he had to be stopped. And I don't know whether when he died he spoke to you as he once was".

"I gave you the middle name Luke in honour of the good kid he once was, that hopefully a new legacy can be built through you. Whatever you choose to be, i'm sure your dad is watching you and is proud of you".

Ben swallowed, breathed in, breathed out, tried to get a clear grasp on his emotions. It wasn’t easy - this was a lot.

He took a very, very deep shuddering breath, looking down, leaning into his hands.

Then it occurred to him.

What he needed to know. “Who else knows?”

His eyes lifted to Han.

Han knew the boy was trying to process it all. It was a lot to take. Hell if he was in the same position he would probably be the same.

He wanted to reach out for him but didn't know whether the boy would just resent him or push him away.

"Only close family" he said gently "Me, Xav, your uncles Isolder and Lumpy, your aunt Feyna too. Winter as well. Feyna wanted to meet you when you were a baby, even took you to her weddin'".

"I didn't want the whole galaxy to know you were Luke's son, the son of two Sith. Could you imagin' the uproar? These are the people I most trust, well that I trust more than anyone else anyway. We would keep that secret to our graves".

"Besides we love you for who you are. You've turned into a fine young man."

Ben nodded slowly. He knew Aunt Feyna - she was solid, as the teens liked to say, and Winter was her very best friend. "Does Tycho know?" He asked after Winter's husband. "Or Lumpawaroo's family?" He hesitated. "What about Feyna's children?" Feyna had herself had children over the fifteen years, two born during her six-year term.

He wanted to know.

He trusted his father - his Dad - he amended, but -

But you want to know. You want to know who has speaking about you behind your back.

Yes.

He wanted to know that.

Han shook his head "I'm pretty sure they haven't told anyone else. I did tell 'em to not tell anyone else, lest I come after 'em."

"Feyna's kids know you are their cousin, same as Lumpy's".

He smiled "As far as i'm concerned you are my son, even though you are not my flesh and blood. And if anyone tries to go after you, or learns that you are Luke's son without my permission, well let's just say they'll regret it".

Ben nodded. "Thanks, Dad." He reached for Han and drew him into a hug, standing to do so. "I wonder if Aunt Madelyn has worked it out," he said, referring to the Grandmaster. "She is the strongest Jedi in the Force, after all." He shook his head. "It doesn't matter. What's the mission?" He gestured, his lightsaber slapping to his palm and he belted it besides his holster.

It was one last recon of what Yuuzhan Vong captives had been calling Vector Prime.

It was a spot in-space near Belkaden and Helska, two outlier planets at the galactic edge.

With Empire Day only twenty four hours away...

Han stood as well feeling his bones creak as he did as he pulled Ben into a hug. He was proud of this boy, and it seemed he and Xav had raised him right. So far.

He didn't mind Madelyn being called aunt by Ben, Han had a soft spot for her as well as Feyna and of course having a Mandalorian Jedi member of the family was helpful.

"She might do" Han said with his customary smirk. "Madelyn is quite resourceful. And hey she's your aunt too and I trust her so…."

He pulled back from Ben "Well we gotta go check out the place where these Yuuzhan Vong may have arrived. These guys found a way in so we might as well check it out to see if we can find many clues".

"Hopefully we won't run into any of these guys but it could be dangerous".

His smile grew wider "You ready to go on an adventure?"

Ben nodded, just about. "I'm with you, Dad."

Be careful, Ben.

I will, he sent back, amused that his imaginary best friend was so worried about him.

"So what are we going to do if the Yuuzhan Vong arrive while we're there? Sound the alarm?" He wouldn't know that the Second Fleet was assigned to trace the projected path of the invasion; following the route that NRI had dug out of sabotage, infiltrators and general political destabilization, leading from Helska all the way through Agamar to Obroa-Skai and Ord Mantell, and then around the Core to Roche, Antemeridias and then Runaway Prince and Sriluur.

The Second had been patrolling the space between these systems, looking for mines and other instabilities locally, and if Han called it, it would deploy. He was a General of the New Republic, notwithstanding his cousin being a general pain in the backside in the Senate, nor his latest attempt to be elected leader of the Corellian Sector.

Han stood moving towards the door "Well if we do see these guys we'll press the panic button and hope the Second Fleet arrives so they can deal with 'em. And until they arrive we'll show them a bit of Solo fightin' spirit".

He nodded at his son "Might also be a good test of your trainin', something to tell your aunts and uncles about when you next see 'em".

Ben perked up. “Am I co-pilot or gunner?”

He followed, almost completely ignoring that he was Luke and Mara Skywalker’s children. Perhaps it had not sank in; not yet.

“Wait,” he stopped suddenly. “You named me Ben, too, right?"

Han stopped when Ben asked him whether Han had named him.

"Sadly not" he responded "When you were brought aboard all we knew was that you were named Ben. I don't know whether your mother or father named you. But I gave you the middle and last names so you would be my son".

He then smiled "You can be copilot, I'm sure Lumpy won't mind. Besides this is your first proper mission, time to put you in the hot seat".

Ben hesitated again. He wasn’t sure he liked being called Ben now... but he couldn’t be Luke Solo...

Then find a new name, perhaps?

He refocused as he took the over-sized co-pilot seat. That being said, he was tall, and Lumpy often likened him to a Wookiee nephew. Ben quirked a grin at that, and checked the sensors.

“We’ll be coming up in five minutes, Dad. Dalbonian Sector, Outer Rim.” He wouldn’t know that after a decade of effort, the captured Yuuzhan Vong Yarmond had finally cracked, and told them about Vector Prime. Admiral Drayson was convinced that the undercover Imperial diplomat had another secret of two left, and General Solo remained in the loop with the new Chancellor, the Jedi Grandmaster, and other key figures including the Hapan and Imperial representatives on the Advisory Council.

Lumpy roared that he was ready in the upper gunwell; so at least they knew where he was for if they needed to shoot.

Ben noticed something odd. “There’s something big near where we will be arriiving...”

Han frowned and wondered what that could be.

"Well I wonder what that could be, unless our alien friends knew we were comin' and decided to park up and put out the welcome mat".

He shook his head "The last few times people came here they found nothin'. Guess we might finally hit the jackpot. Nothin' in the information i've been given suggests anybody is there…"

He began to prime the shields and kept his hands steady on the throttle and the controls "Arm the concussion missiles son just in case" he then called to Lumpy "Stay sharp pal, we might have some uninvited guests".

They reverted suddenly, seconds before they should have, hit by several gravitic anomalies.

[​IMG]

There it was.

A hundred-kilometre wide worldship; a Koros-strohna.

Three eight-kilometre long Kor Chokk; the equivalent of a small Dreadnought.

Dozens of Star Destroyer analogs; Miid Ro’iik.

Hundreds of smaller frigates, corvettes and picket ships equivalents; Chuun M’aarh, I'Friil Ma-Nat, yorik-akaga.

They were here.

Ben swore. “Bloah!”

Han nearly uttered a Corellian curse, realised Ben was there and stopped himself.

"Well i'd say we've found them alright" Han blew out a breath "We can't jump again as we'll get pulled back out. They seem to have some interdictor type technology".

He shook his head "It's a whole damn fleet. And it's sittin' there, maybe they have parked up, maybe they will move on. Sadly I think we will need to hit the panic button earlier than expected. I hope they can't jam comms…"

He activated the comm "This is General Han Solo, guess what, i've found 'em. A whole fleet by the looks of things. Might need some assistance here".

He then spoke to Lumpy "Stay sharp pal, if they start firin'....well you know what to do".

He then looked at Ben "Do you sense anythin' out there?"

The comm signal was sucked away -

Into something floating in the void, sensors confirmed -

There was a Yuuzhan Vong creation negating the signal! They couldn’t tell the Second Fleet!

Ben shook his head. “No, nothing.” He tried to work around it all.

There was a comm call, though - in-system -
    [​IMG]

“This is the Pythea, I’m Panha. Short range comms still work, I guess!”
    [​IMG]

It was a Chiss, and besides her -
    [​IMG]

He introduced himself as Sarkkin.

“We’re scouts for the Empire of the Hand -“

The Wookiee rumbled. We are?

“- that is a Far Outsider - a Yuuzhan Vong - fleet. They’re a day early, of course - but we can’t launch a long range transmission -“

Han had some more context as a General. He knew that Jedi Knight Leia had been sent to Dathomir to clean out some artifacts they’d found out about - he knew that Shramar was defended by an Imperial fleet in anticipation of being used as a refugee hub - he knew that Dubrillion was the closest fortress world, and that the other largest inhabited system was Sernpidal -

He also knew that the Advisory Council was in-session with last minute plans and deployments, which would include the Chancellor and key Senators, including, maddeningly, his cousin Sal-Solo but also the Nubian, Alderaanian, Hapan, Rodian and Neimodian representatives.

But none of them could know unless they escaped...

A warship analog turned off the armada as a dozen small seed-shaped coral ships darted towards them, but they were some distance off. There was a chime on the sensors as trajectories were calculated. “That big ship - it’s on a heading for Artorias!”

Han swore this time, the comm signal was going nowhere and it seemed this Vong fleet had decided to park up early. And to boot they had scouts for the Empire of the Hand here too.

Well isn't this turning into a busy mission.

Luckily the Chiss spoke Basic and he understood Shriiwook as well as Lumpy so if the Wookiee tried to convey anything they thought they wouldn't understand, bad luck.

"This is General Han Solo of the New Republic aboard the Millennium Falcon. Looks like you guys are on the same mission we are. We've tried to contact our guys with no success guess you've also had the same problem".

"Now since that is the case we need to get out of here, however we got pulled out early and who knows if we try to jump they could pull us out. Now I would like to get out before those fighter things attack us".

"So how about we work together, maybe see if we can get out. Or maybe cause some problems for our outside friends…."

The warship analog turned towards them, and the entire armada shifted along the direction that it had once been. It was such a powerful force that it was disgusting that it was heading towards a lone Outer Rim world. Ben called up Atorias' data. It had a monarch, and defences suited for fending off the Remnant if it was inclined to become expansive again - much like Garqi, closer to the Mid Rim.

It had retooled for a Vong invasion but remained more worried about an Imperial one, but it definitely couldn't handle a ship as large as a moon - nor three 'Grand Cruisers', as Ben tagged it. Yarmond had mentioned worldships, and so the big one had to be one of them.

Panha spoke up. "General Solo, a pleasure, but someone needs to get out, and warn Artorias - and get a comm signal to the Core. Can I rely upon you to send one to Esfandia or Generis that the Yuuzhan Vong are here?" Her ship was already turning towards the warship analog.

"Your ship is a lot faster than mine," she said, logical even in the face of absolutely certain death.

It seemed the Chiss and her Wookiee friend were intent on tackling that warship alone. But she did have a point. The Falcon could hopefully get there before the Vong arrived and sound the alarm.

"Prepare the hyperdrive and enter the coordinates" he said to Ben "We will definitely need to punch it".

He spoke to the Chiss "Yeah we can do that. Just a shame you can't come with us. But takin' out that warship might send these guys a reminder that this galaxy fights back".

He began to turn the Falcon away "Good luck out there and we'll make sure that message gets out there. Perhaps your friends at the Empire of the Hand could help too".

"May the Force be with you".

A smaller Yuuzhan Vong ship slid forward to fire at them, and the Pythea slid in the way and took a plasma ball.

Ben was manipulating the controls, and pointed at a black void. “It’s that thing which is sucking up the signal, and making the gravity trap. We can out run it, but we’ll be out of the sinkhole before we can send signals.” He got hyperdrive up and running and Lumpy fired the cannon at long range - the smaller black Vong ship simply swallowed the attack into what seemed to be a void, and then it latched upon the Chiss ship.

Sarkkin rumbled, asking what to do.
    [​IMG]

They kept a channel open, and fought, and fought. Ben couldn’t take his eyes from the feed as they rushed away, outrunning their pursuit. After a moment, it was done.
    [​IMG]

Well, not no-one, Ben thought. They’d know.
    [​IMG]

The systems pinged; they were out of range of the gravity well -

Ben, tears in his eyes, looked at his father to take them into hyperspace -

To Artorias -

Han felt his heart sink as the Chiss woman made her decision to fight. They were indeed sacrificing themselves so the Falcon could escape.

Is this goin' to happen every time we face these guys. People puttin' their lives on the line so we can survive?

Han kept his eyes front but he could see that Ben was struggling. Han of course had no idea how the Force worked, of course Madelyn had told him a fee things but it was clear that whatever was happening on the Pythea Ben was feeling it.

It was time to move. The sooner they got to Artorias the better. Every second counted especially if these guys were on the move.

He looked at Ben, nodded and activated the hyperdrive. He then reached his arm out for Ben if he needed a hug.

Ben choked back tears, but was strong, pushing through it. Lumpy slid down the ladder, and called out to Han; something was rattling in the bow - probably that power coupling again.

“I can tell Artorias, Dad - don’t worry - I’ll get that message sent to the Core, and to the Empire of the Hand, too.” He swallowed once, then twice.

Han patted Ben on the shoulder as he rose from his seat, he was going to leave Ben in control of the Falcon but it would be a good experience for the boy whilst he had to go and fix the Falcon….again.

“Alright son, but if you get in trouble, let me know OK?” he sighed as he approached Lumpy “Alright pal this must be about the hundredth time we’ve fixed this. Let’s hope this is the last…..”

Ben nodded, sorting through a hundred complex emotions. His parents; his name; the Yuuzhan Vong; the deaths of Panha and Sarkkin; the coming war...

He opened the comms as they reached Artorias - and hesitated. If he addressed them as Ben Solo, everyone would know where he was, where the son of Luke Skywalker was. He bet people knew; it was the kind of secret he could see getting out.

I know.

“Well of course you know,” Ben muttered.

His friend had suggested he needed a name.

Ben Solo-Skywalker.

Ben Skywalker-Solo.

Ben Skywalker.

Ben Solo.

He could feel a pressure building in his chest; it needed to get out.

Skywalker.

Solo.

Skywalker.

Solo.

Sky.

So.

Walker.

Lo.

Ky.

Ky.. lo?

Kylo.

Resolve filling him, he opened the channel. “This is Kylo, I come with news - the Yuuzhan Vong are here. I repeat; they have come a day early. Raise all defences; alert all worlds.” He started with Artorias, and then looped it to Genesis and Esfandia, and then to the Core - he even sent it to the Eternal Empire.

The Yuuzhan Vong are here.

Han returned to the cockpit after fixing and cursing that damn part. The Falcon always needed something fixing each today and he loved his ship to bits but sometimes she was a pain.

He sat back in the pilots seat and put his hands back on the controls smiling at Ben "Hey son, did you get any response yet to your message?"

Artorias responded first, as they closed on the blue-green world. “This is Dulac; message received. I’ll alert the natives.”

Retreat orders would thus flow, and Ben kept track of the comms. The world was to armour up, and prepare refugees for the closest designated world if need be. The people of Artorias were to retreat to Shramar, while other worlds in the invasion corridor would withdraw to Agamar for processing Coreward. The idea was that it would be an orderly transition, rather than the Senate angrily negotiating for worlds to open their doors. Systems like Artorias and Agamar - and Ruan, Duro, Ord Mantell, Reecee, Talfaglio and Gyndine - all had additional stockpiles of supplies for refugees.

But as Ben watched... as Han asked -

No messages popped up across the planetary grid. “I delivered the message but... Artorias isn’t doing anything.”

Panic seized him - he tried to raise ‘Dulac’ again - anyone on Artorias. He couldn’t.
    [​IMG]

Han shook his head, what the hell was going on?

"Well looks like somethin' has gone wrong down there. Nothin' at all is happening and that concerns me. Between them receiving our message and them doin' something nothin' has happened at all".

He narrowed his eyes "I reckon somethin' has happened down there. Could be something innocent or and I hate to even think this it could be Vong infiltrators".

He looked at Ben "What do you reckon, shall we take a look? Especially with a fleet comin' we'd better make sure these guys are prepared".

Ben hesitated. "I reckon we should look. We've sent the message - now we need to save people."

He prepared the Falcon for a fight.

Behind them, an armada began to decant. If they'd remained, they would have seen three more worldships - albeit merely ten kilometers long each - appear at Vector Prime and head towards Helska. Further, a single Kor Chokk led four warship analogs towards Dubrillion, as well as dozens of lesser ships. Behind them, another spiral worldship, commanding dozens upon dozens of ships.

The invasion had began.

The enemy had arrived. The Vong were ready for war. And with Palpatine at the helm who knew what they could do.

"Well if there's one thing I know how to do it's save people" he gave Ben his traditional half smirk "And if there are infiltrators down there we'll deal with them the Solo way. Which involves quite a bit of shootin' at things".

He started to bring the Falcon into a descent towards the planet "Time for another adventure…."

TAG: @Sinrebirth (@JediMasterAnne and @TheSilentInfluence for the Auntie mentions!)

3. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    (OOC: A combo post between @TheSilentInfluence and myself.)

Tor and Leia
    Ord Mantell Spaceport

Tor had tracked her down, after about a year of holo conversations the hunter was finally ready to reach out, to meet in person to discuss something very very important. She was wearing the medallion knowing that it did make her a little muddy in the force, though Leia knew her enough to recognize her medallion or no. The mandalorian looked nonchalant leaned up against a pillar watching the arrivals her HUD giving her readouts on everyone passing under her gaze. It was almost automatic the way she could scan a crowd looking for her mark. Ever the hunter she kept an awareness of her surroundings, not wanting to get snuck up on when she was about to have an important meeting.

Her gaze fell on a woman, just turning 20, shining blonde hair, light blue eyes, a little shorter than the hunter but with an unshakable confidence. Tor would recognize her anywhere, even if she wasn't wearing the robes of a jedi.

Stepping off from the pillar she walked up to the Knight the crowd parting before her as she made her way.

"Hey Leia." She started cocking her head to the side a smile on her face. "Been a while."

Leia had been called to meet Tor. It was a surprise, but it would be nice to meet her sister in person again after a year. Leia had walked into a spaceport full of confidence, and had little trouble sensing Tor.

She grinned at her as Tor made herself known, and all but ran up to her to give her a hug. "It's so good to see you!" Leia told her, and took a step back to look at her. "When did you get so tall?"

"When did you get so short?" Tor shot back looking at her sister joy welling up in her heart. "You eating enough?" Tor clapped her hands on Leia's shoulders, gently but, with a playful forcefulness behind them. "Thanks for coming out here, I know it's a little out of the way but, I've got somethings to take care of and thought it be a good place to catch up." It was far away from the Jedi and away from Mandalorian space, a place for just them. "You been doing alright? The jedi keeping their favorite knight busy?" She asked starting to walk off towards the interior of the station.

Leia scowled. "I'm not that short." She quickly added, "Yeah. I am. The Jedi don't skip out on meals that's for sure." She laughed as they started to walk off. "I don't think I'm their favorite. I'm far too rash for that." She paused." What about you? I worry sometimes. Have you been getting enough sleep?

"You rash..." Tor added holding back a laugh. "Perish the thought, where ever would they get that idea Ms. I'm going to be the best jedi in the galaxy you just watch." Another chuckle, it was nice to laugh again. "You know the old saying, I'll sleep when I'm dead." The older woman gave a dark laugh, the helmet she wore hid the dark circles under her eyes. It'd been rough gathering a team, getting the informations she needed. "But, I'm doing alright, I get it where I can." They entered a diner just off the main corridor, it looked like it had seen better days but, it hardly mattered to the hunter. "So what's new with you, any exciting adventures, or spooky mysteries." she waggled her fingers as if casting a spell. Leia was friends with a talking tree, it seemed appropriate.

Leia smirked. "Apparently I'm the most rash and headstrong Jedi they have." She looked at Tor closely and reached out with the force, sensing how tired she was. "You don't have to lie to me. I can see right through that."

She looked around at the diner that entered. "If you're hungry, you can get as much as you want. I'll buy." Leia paused at her wording. "Well I did meet a nightsister on my mission to Dathomir. Her name is Almira."

"I wouldn't lie to you." She shook her head sitting down a little unsteady. "I know not to, but, I'm ok I promise. Just coming off a few all-nighters. Aint no rest for the Wicked right." She was only half joking about the wicked part.."

"No, no," Tor waved her hand, "I've got the check. Being a jedi doesn't pay right? Or does Auntie give you a stipend or something?" Tor's eyes widened a little, "A Nightsister? I thought they were gone? Why did you go to Dathomir? Not even..." She stopped herself the looming specter of her mother, Mandalore the Vengeant hung over her for just a moment. "The hardest mercs I know would go near that place."

"Alright. But come up me if you need help." Leia sat down across from her. "I don't get any money really. Sometimes I get paid if I do something particularly dangerous for things like fuel and rations."

She paused, and laughed nervously. "I guess we can add reckless to that too. Although I was ordered to go there." Leia looked lost in thought. "It wasn't so bad." She thought, thinking of Almira briefly. "Lots of spiders though."

"Uggh, spiders..." Tor shivered a little. "Too many legs, and those fangs." She pantomimed a pair of sharp teeth where here mouth would be under the helmet. "I can see why most avoid it." There was a moment where Tor picked up on Leia's wistfulness. "Something happen there?"

Leia shot up in her seat, panicked. "No! Nothing!" She leaned back and tried to look casual. "I just...I've never met a nightsister before. It was interesting."

"Uh huh...right interesting." Tor poked just a little seeing her sister get all flustered. "This nightsister a new friend now?"

There was a lull in the conversation as a server appeared.

"Look like you two are having fun." The twi'lek woman said looking between the mandalorian and the jedi sat in the booth. "What do you want to drink?"

"Caf, black." Tor requested.

Leia shrugged. "Something like that." She trailed off as the waitress and to take their order. She quickly added, "Tea please, black." Leia told her before she turned back to Tor. "Do you want anything to eat?"

"Ah, just a nerf burger, and fried tubers." she said pulling her helmet off for the first time in a while, a new scar along her neck displayed. "You're going to have to tell me more about this mysterious nightsister." The words came out as a gentle threat almost given that Leia was dancing around the topic. "But, for right now, I have something to ask." Tor waited for the waitress to move away before speaking again. "If I asked you to help me with something, you'd do it right?"

Leia replied, "I'll have the same." And then eyed Tor's new scar. "Only if you tell me how that happened." She gestured with her hand, and then paused as Tor spoke. "Of course I'd help you. We're family remember?"

"Oh, uh..." she touched the scar looking down then back to her sister. "We'll get to that. But, I could use your help. I got a job, a contract if you like. Big target, lots of security..." Her gaze passed over the diner before leaning in, "Graul..." she said in a whisper.

"Seriously?" She paused. "That sounds like a big job. Dangerous." Leia looked nervous. "I assume you're putting a team together?"

"Yeah, I've got Fett, though he's a little over the hill, another mandalorian Din Djarin he's good if a bit standoffish, Fennec Shand, cold blooded killer but, she owes Fett so she's onboard, and Aurra Sing, she's a little um...crazy but, knows what she's doing around force sensitives. We could really use a rash, headstrong jedi, someone to help with the dar'jetii that we're going to face. I can handle one or two, but, Fett's not the hunter he used to be and the others I'm not sure about." She looked down. "I could really use your help on this."

"Well I don't have anything else to do." Leia grinned. "Sounds like a good team. I thought Fett was dead though?" She asked.

"Woops..." Tor looked away for a moment, she'd gotten so used to Fett being alive, she'd forgotten that he'd died once. "Well, um, he's not, somehow he survived." Tor reached over and wrapped her arms around Leia giving her a squeeze despite the table in her way. "That's awesome, and amazing...Thank you, thank you." She finally let go sitting back down just as the waitress was walking closer with their food.

Right away Tor tore into her food taking a huge bite of the burger before slowing down a bit. "Sorry, I don't often have time to really sit and eat." She explained wiping a bit of sauce off her cheek. After a moment she remembered something.

"So the scar...I got it from a Barabel, he'd killed a heir to a hutt clan. I tracked him down to a backwater planet in the outer rim." She took another bite, this one smaller than the last. "I track his signal down through a canyon. I still had my wits about me, and something felt off. Well, I was right as a Gundark trap went off." She clapped her hands together making a loud crack sound. "It was only my armor that prevented my leg from getting amputated right there. So there I was pinned down as this guy starts raining blaster bolts down. It was like a storm of red but," she tapped her armor, "my Beskar'gam kept me safe. When he saw that blasters weren't cutting it. He came down with a blade. While I still have the blade Auntie gave me, I was still pinned to a spot and he was tricky. He got around behind me and managed to get a good slash across my neck." she ran her finger over the mark. "But, I caught his arm and threw him to the ground. A few right punches later and he was knocked out. I could feel myself fading pretty fast so I staunched the bleeding as much as I could, broke the trap with a small grenade and dragged his body back to the ship." She leaned back a cocky smile on her face, though the cut was deeper than she was saying, her blood loss nearly fatal. The only thing that kept her going was her spite.

"You're turn..."

"It's no trouble." Leia paused as Tor gave her a hug. She listened intently to her story, almost forgetting her food was there until her sister stopped speaking. "Force Tor. I don't know how you get out of things like that. I'm glad you're okay." She looked troubled, and reached over to squeeze the top of her hand briefly.

"I don't know what to tell you about Dathomir. But I was sent there on a mission. It was Almira who...guided me. It was strange to have a nightsister hanging around. Lingering." Leia shrugged. "But I got what I was after in the end."

"I don't know. Almira can be a bit jaded. But she's not so bad for a dark sider." Leia explained. "We've been working together.,"

"I'm fine," She smiled hiding the danger behind it. "I'm tough remember," Reaching over she mussed Leia's hair a little swiping a fry from her plate. "Food's getting cold."

"Does Auntie know about you and Almira? That you're working with her? I mean she sounds like a barrel of laughs and I'm glad she helped you, but I know your Buir could be a little Goody Goody sometimes."

Leia laughed. "Alright, I'll eat. Stay away from my food." Leia started to eat her burger. She wiped her face with a napkin before she answered Tor's question about her and Almira. Paused.

"Well, mother doesn't have to know everything." Leia quickly added, "She knows about Almira from my report." Leia shrugged, "But I figure the Jedi might not understand her the way I do."

"OooOOo." Tor waggled her eyebrows a little. "Keeping secrets from Auntie. Look at you, you little rebel." she giggled a little before settling and letting the words sink in. "Leia," she started her tone becoming a touch more serious. "Tell me if, I'm reading this wrong but, do you have feelings for Almira...I mean like feelings" The emphasis made it clear what she meant. The way her sister was talking about it, it felt like there was something there...but, then again Tor could just be reading into things.

Leia looked away, out her hand in her chin thoughtfully. "I don't know. I trust her." She felt very warm. But she didn't want to think about how she was keeping secrets from her mother. "I don't think she feels the same. I told you already-"

Leia looked at Tor, "-Almira can be withdrawn sometimes. But I enjoy her company. Even if we just sit there and do nothing." She shrugged, leaned back in her seat. "I wouldn't even know what to say. I'm a Jedi remember? No attachments if we can help it."

"You follow the rules?" Tor said shaking her head, "When did you ever let 'rules' get in the way of what you wanted. You clearly like her, and she hasn't pushed you away." She reached out taking her hand. "If she didn't like hanging out with you she wouldn't stick around, even when you're doing nothing. And what do you have to lose by asking? She sounds like a good match, she's withdrawn, you're outgoing, your a jedi and she's a witch it's perfect." Her gloved hand squeezed Leia's. "But, that's your choice to make...I just want you to be happy...Though if she hurts you, nightsister or no, there will be consequences." Tor joked, but she would rend the skies for her sister, take on anyone that would dare to harm her. "Though I'd like to meet her one day. Maybe she can come on the mission with us. Not going to turn down help if I can get it."

"I could be kicked out of the Jedi Order. But I doubt mother or the council would actually do it. I'm more concerned about the fact that she uses the dark side and what their reaction would be to her hanging around me; with me."

"I don't know. I'd have to talk with her. She's...somewhere." Leia added, "But I guess I could tell her. But I'm scared Tor." Leia said softly.

"So what she uses a power that is the anthesis of everything you've been trained to protect." Tor waved her hands, "I've worked with plenty of reprehensible people but, they're still good people. Just because she gets her power from a different place doesn't make her a monster. And you say you know her better than them. I've know you a long time Leia. I've never known you to be a poor judge of character. If auntie and those jedi can't see it then good riddance. You and your girlfriend can hang with me. You don't need them do you."

"What are you scared of? I've never known you to be scared."

Leia frowned. "I don't think I would be kicked out. But I get what you mean." She shook her head, "I just...I'm trying to trust the force right? It pulls people together for a reason. Like, there's a reason were sisters."

She hesitated, "I'm scared because what if I'm reading her wrong? What if the force is bringing us together only to be friends." Leia added, "I've never liked anyone this much Tor, and Almira...well..." Leia looked nervous.

"Well what? You're not sure if she likes you? Have you asked? Have you talked about relationships?" Tor wasn't just asking questions to be a jerk, she was genuinely trying to help. Though she wasn't sure it was helping. "Or is it something else? Something about her that makes you worry?"

"We haven't talked about any of that. So no I haven't asked." Leia countered a little defensively. "Nothing about her makes me worried. I just wish this wasn't so hard."

"Yeah I know sis." Tor added a little pain behind her words. "I know it's hard and it hurts not knowing. But, you know sometimes you have to take a risk, to take a chance on something and hope you have the skills to make your way out. I've done that lots of times and I'm still here." She waited for a beat before reaching over and gently running her fingers through Leia's hair. "But, you don't have to do any of that now. Just think about it...maybe ask the Force to tell you or something." Tor wasn't well schooled in the ways of the Force. Her mother didn't trust it and while Madelyn tried it just never stuck. "But, I know you're going to do great. You're my sister, the greatest jedi in the galaxy."

Leia laughed and wiped her eyes, not realizing she had stsrted tearing up at her sister's words until then. "That's not how the force works." She sniffed and smiled, feeling a little better. "Thanks for listening Tor. You give the best advice and I appreciate it."

"Well, I wouldn't say the best but, I try." She leaned over and rested her forehead against Leia's. "And thanks for...you know the other thing. I was worried you couldn't come, you know because you had jedi stuff to do."

"You're welcome." Leia answered, smiling at Tor. "Jedi stuff or not, I'll always help you." She explained, and pulled her forehead away from Tor's to mess up her hair. "Just don't become all helmet no head on me. You're a good leader Tor."

Tor looked away trying to swat at Leia's hand.

"Uh huh...Leader." Her voice wavered a bit, cracking under the weight of that word in her mind. "Totally, yep leader that's me..."

Leia sensed a change in Tor's mood, and brought her hand back. "Are you okay? What's wrong?"

"I'm fine...I'm fine..." She said huffing a little. "Just you know, taking on a big job, and a little, nervous."

Leia nods. "Yeah, that must be hard. But you know you're not alone right?"

"I know...just, I normally work alone. Bounty hunting is solidary work." She looked away feeling a little realived that Leia wasn't pressing on the fact Tor wasn't the Mand'alor yet. "But, I need a team to take this on. Have needed a team for a while. Glad to have you with me."

"I get it. But even if you feel like you have to be alone you aren't Tor." Leia replied, sensing her relief. "You're good at picking the right people to trust. To make this team."

"I'm glad to be here too. If only to make you're life easier." Leia joked.

"Fett was the one that put us together." Tor admitted, "But, they're all professionals of one sort or another." She rolled her shoulder a little. "I'm glad you're here too. Having you at my back it a big weight off my shoulders."

"Yeah. Well, being able to help like this. I'm glad I'm able to do it. It's been a long time since we've seen each other, let alone worked together." Leia shrugged and reached over to tap Tor's hands. "Someone has to keep you out of trouble." She teased.

"Hey I've gotten you out of just as much..." Tor shot back finishing her meal.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth

4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    https://starwarsintrocreator.kassellabs.io/#!/DMaST7566vkdKn1GujzB

STAR WARS

EPISODE VI

TWILIGHT OF THE FORCE III

A SONS DESTINY

The GREAT WAR commences!

Tomorrow is EMPIRE DAY, and the nefarious Supreme Overlord of the YUUZHAN VONG, the revived DARTH SIDIOUS, has began his promised invasion of the galaxy.

The NEW REPUBLIC has spent fifteen years preparing for this moment, locked in COLD WAR with the other powers of the galaxy, including the monstrous machines of the ETERNAL EMPIRE, the cold-blooded genius of the EMPIRE OF THE HAND, and the brutal vengeance of the MANDALORIAN CLANS.

It all comes to this, as the SON OF SKYWALKER makes his last choice....​

5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST ONE OF FIVE

THE OUTER RIM

THE NORTH

IC: Ben Solo
    Artorias, Outer Rim

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As Ben watched, the evacuation begins in utter chaos.

The Millennium Falcon is fast, yes, but not fast enough to outstrip the Yuuzhan Vong armada for one simply fact - the Yuuzhan Vong are already here. Snuck on-world in advance, warriors spill out of the shadows and begin a wholesale slaughter.

Lumpy points at a hangar, and people rushing in towards it, and Yuuzhan Vong gathering around it. There is a steady stream, and the double-doors close behind a pair and a floating droid.

But no ships emerge.

He growled a query at Han. Why aren't they launching?

[​IMG]

Of course, there has been - a Yuuzhan Vong infiltrator.

Ben glowers at the situation.

It's obvious, but he keeps his own counsel.

Artorias isn't an important world like Hosnian Prime, Corellia or Kuat. It's in the distant Outer Rim. He doubted that a single Jedi or New Republic visit has occurred in years, if ever, especially with how close the planet is to the Imperial Remnant border. Which meant nobody ever had the time - or need - to check in on the populace.

The Yuuzhan Vong are marshalling.

The armada is about to arrive.

There isn't much time. Ben, on impulse, notwithstanding how much he knows he will be in trouble, pushes the throttle with the Force and sends the Millennium Falcon down towards the surface -

Towards the hangar -

TAG: @Jerjerrod-Lennox (combo)
    ---
    IC: Mother Djo

Dathomir, Singing Mountain Clan, Outer Rim

[​IMG]

Every clan of witches upon Dathomir had it's own Mother. The most infamous one, of course, was Mother Talzin, who lead one of the most prominent clans of Nightsisters, but even then she was not the only Mother of the Nightsisters. Mother Gethzerion had risen up and been defeated by the witches year before, but even now Mother Tamith Kai and her Nightsisters cause trouble.

The world is unofficially interdicted, and periodically Nightsisters have escaped off-world such as Ros Lai, Asajj Ventress and Charal, and caused their fair share of issues before being undone. The New Jedi Order, led by Grandmaster Madelyn Linnett, became aware of the witches some time ago, but it was only recently that a tie to the ancient Sith was discovered in the digs on Ossus.

Not only was the world conquered by the Sith of Emperor Vitiate some three and a half millennia ago, but a Sith Temple was founded here and co-opted by the Brotherhood of Darkness a millennium ago, starting to interbreeding between the locals and Zabrak of Iridonia, also a Brotherhood fortress. Thus the Nightbrothers existed as an isolated tribe, and thus the Jedi Council reasoned that they needed to send a Jedi Knight to both investigate but also to destroy or capture any Sith artefacts - especially with the prominence of the infamous Zabrak Sith Darth Maul, as the master of the late Darth Zorn.

Mother Augwynne Djo stands in the night of Dathomir, alone, providing a map to the ancient ruins of the Sith Temple within their lands. She considers herself the warden of the darkness on the world, and only entrusts this to the Jedi who was said to come an end their world.

She keeps such thoughts to herself in-front of Leia.

"So if you take this way, and one of our rancors, then you will find your way." She hesitated. "At night, there are Nightsisters on the prowl, so be careful, Jedi."

At that point, any question of waiting until morning was eliminated.

Her comm chimed.

This is New Republic High Command. We have a verified report that the Yuuzhan Vong have launched their attack today. Confirmed assaults have began on Sernpidal, Dubrillion and Artorias. Please standby for specific orders from your immediate superiors, but otherwise, follow your pre-assigned roles.

It was a day early, but one doubted anyone would be surprised that Palpatine had not precisely kept his word.

The nearest New Republic fortress world was Garqi, which was where the Outer Rim fleets - the Second, Third and Fifth Fleets - would now be heading.

To the Front.

"Do you need to leave us, Jedi, your mission incomplete?"

It was then that Almira returned.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence
    ---
    IC: Venku

Mandalore, Outer Rim

The Mandalorians, of course, had spies throughout the New Republic.

Take off the armour of a clansmen or woman, and nobody noticed them.

Turn up in beskar, and the whole planet panicked.

Fly a Bessie? The planet surrendered.

That was the joke anyway.

The Clans were meeting with their Mand'alor, and though there was an argument that Ka'rta - Vengeant - was still technically a placeholder, for all intents and purposes she was the heir, and support for Silent was completely evaporated. With a thousand worlds under their direct command to the north of Mandalore, and two times that tied up in mutual-aid 'protection pacts', they were the strongest they had been in four thousand years.

Ani'la Akaan was upon them, but this time they would win it.

There was even talk of marching on the Malachor system and summoning the Yuuzhan Vong, Empire of the Hand, the New Republic and the Eternal Empire there so they could beat them all at once and utterly redeem their defeat at the Battle of Malachor V at the hands of Revan.

Spirits were, in short, high.

So when their wire-taps, agents, and intimidated allies in New Republic this sent this...

This is New Republic High Command. We have a verified report that the Yuuzhan Vong have launched their attack today. Confirmed assaults have began on Sernpidal, Dubrillion and Artorias. Please standby for specific orders from your immediate superiors, but otherwise, follow your pre-assigned roles.

They were ready, and the drink was already flowing - but not in an irresponsible manner, of course.

But there was levity.

The Great War was finally here.

The first sign of it reaching Mandalore though was a single yorik coral ship.

There was ancient, ancient subroutines stored in the Mandalorian clans databank, lovingly called Manda after the collective oversoul - and it was pegged by sensors immediately. Little did they know that the ancient Mandalore the Preserver - Canderous Ordo, to the auretiise, the famous ally of Revan - had long ago met a Yuuzhan Vong scout, and chased it away from the Crispin system.

True story.

But before the ramifications could spread among the clans, Ka'rta's comlink chimed.

"I did say I would be back."

Indeed he did.

It was Prefect Da'Gara of the bridgehead force - of the Praetorite Vong.

Three ten kilometer worldships emerged from hyperspace.

A thousand coralskippers were launched.

The battle had began.

What plans had Ka'rta made?

What countermeasures had she lain?

Let us see.

She'd had fifteen years to prepare and build for this moment.

This promised confrontation.

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM POST TWO OF FIVE

THE OUTER RIM

THE EAST

IC: Zara
    Nadiem, the Outer Rim, not far from Teth

There wasn't as much to say about this little world in the distant east.

It wasn't inside Hutt Space proper, nor inside the New Republic entirely.

It was independent, leading a decent agricultural living, but also sporting cities that could provide their own hustle and bustle. They chose airspeeders and interplanetary travel over capital ships, though, yes, there was a degree of soft commerce - small freighters plying exotics, and a squadron of elderly ARC-170 starfighters and even a handful of reconditioned Hyena droid bombers - holdovers from the last time anything of galactic consequence had ever happened here on Nadiem - an engagement five months after the Battle of Geonosis which had seen seven Jedi fend off the armies of General Grievous.

[​IMG]

The Battle of Nadiem, from the Clone Wars

Indeed, since that battle during the Clone Wars, harmony had prevailed, notwithstanding the periodic collapse of the galaxy into utter anarchy. There hadn't been two decades of full peace for civilisation. The Clone Wars gave way to the Galactic Cold War gave way to the brief Galactic Civil War and the fourteen years of the New Republic gave way to a just-as-brief Second Galactic Civil War and a Second Galactic Cold War, building up to what the holovids were calling the Great War.

But life went on, especially for Zara and her wife, Barriss.

Their child married, beget grandchildren.

None of them left the world, but still, Zara kept abreast of the galaxy.

She knew that if she'd decided to not, then Barriss would have insisted, so rather than put her thumb in that wound - the events of Order 66 remained a scar upon her wife, even if it was, nowadays, a very small and almost entirely healed injury. But they were happy, if getting on. Sixty was the new forty, they said, especially with medical advances being what they were, and the human average life expectancy was a hundred and fifty on particularly affluent worlds. Here, it was closer to a hundred and twenty, but that wasn't a big thing.

Zara had the HoloNews on in the background while she prepared supper, on a low volume.

With Palpatine coming back tomorrow... she expected Barriss to have some conflicted feelings.

Her ear twitched as she chopped the vegetables as the Chevin speaker touched her ear.

"We're getting news from our embedded reporters - yes, it's confirmed, initially by General Han Solo and his son, Ben, and co-pilot Lumpawaroo. The Yuuzhan Vong have began their invasion a day early - I repeat, the enemy is here -"

Zara snorted. "Shocker; Palpatine didn't quite keep his word." She called out to the other room. "Barriss, it's started."

TAG: @CosmoHender (combo)
    ---
    IC: Ship

Kesh

In galactic terms, and not too far from Nadiem, was Kesh.

It had undergone a dramatic transformation in the last fifteen years, having been liberated from five thousand years of Sith oppression. The Lost Tribe of the Sith was now isolated in its mountain fortress, essentially reduced to periodic raids with a diminished amount of uvak fliers. The war had ended years ago, and now the New Tribe of Kesh reigned, defended by a thousand Protectors, light-side wielding Force users ruled over by the paired Grand Lords - Qwi Xux and Beaumont Kin.

Their sole contact with the outside galaxy since Palpatine's mega speech had been a mental one with a Sith Meditation Sphere known as Ship, who had been, at the time, beholden to the Orphan, but long since free, if damaged by the encounter.

Retracing the connection had taken some time, especially as the Orphan had essentially been mad and rewired the mind of the ancient Meditation Sphere. Eventually, it had rearranged itself, and repaired its bio-circuits. When it finally reached Kesh it reached out for Qwi and Beaumont -

[​IMG]

They were in the middle of waking from the night before, another relatively busy but harmless day of rule ahead. The lesser countries of Kesh beyond the two main continents had thrown off their own Sith, and they had needed to be integrated into society again. It was nothing troubling, and thoughtcriers connected the planet where comlinks did not exist. Indeed, only their long-dead communicator remained, and of course the innumerable Sith lightsabers that now served the Protectors with silver-blades.

With their lessons from the past from Beaumont, and scientific knowledge of Qwi, the two had created a peaceful but prepared society, conscious that Palpatine may sweep here looking for the Lost Tribe to augment his forces -

[​IMG]

But they probably hadn't expected to be awoken so rudely by Ship's mental bellow.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO THE LOST TRIBE OF THE SITH?

Of course, there had been ten thousand Sith on-world when he reached out fifteen years ago - and yes, less when he had done so in the middle of their brutal due with High Lord Taalon - but there were so few now, a mere hundred, isolated, lost, desperate -

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!

Beaumont jumped, tumbling out of bed, his bare foot up in the air for a moment before he rebalanced himself -

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM UPDATE 3 OF 5

THE OUTER RIM

THE SOUTH

IC: Aden Kya

Bakura, Salis Daar, Eternal Throne Room

There had been a queue of people to see the Twin Emperor's.

It was almost common knowledge that the Eternal Empire was lead by both Emperor Sistros, and also the Emperor Bernael. It hadn't been a public announcement, no, just the eventual understanding of the Eternal Imperial consciousness as two Eternal Flagships came into existence, as rumours of a shadow regime of assassins and Jensaarai and an Eye and a Herald became more and more circulated. Indeed, the Cabinet was arguably a sieve of information, but nothing untoward save for the general workings of the Eternal Imperial Fleet, their joint contribution of five thousand ships.

There was no need for an ostentatious grand reveal like Palpatine - Bernael would not have approved, and his Empress had no desire for her love to disapprove. She had born him a brilliant and brutal son, much like Sistros had Arek and of course Jalynn from his prior marriage - both marvelously poweful Force users in their own right. It had been the suggestion of Empress Gaeriel that the two of them begin to hold joint sessions of Court, if only to bypass the perception that one of them prevailed over the other.

As it was, they had a working relationship, where Sistros dealt with the Living Force - the mundanity of politics and direct rule - while Bernael was focused on the Unifying Force - the greater struggle between Dark and Light and the anticipated confrontation with his opposite, Renn. The Great War was merely the appetizer, in that respect.

After the destruction of Nouane, the cult of death-worshippers headed by the Herald Snefru had grown to encompass Sistros as well, for he and the Scepter of Ragnos could consume worlds with aplomb, much like Bernael. The only victims had been rebellious Eternal worlds, but Snefru was tasked with finding systems inside their territory to consume when Bernael or his sons Hunger grew too great. For Bernael especially since the battle with the Orphan, he needed to feed more than before. Sistros however only needed to use his power to prove a point - that he was equal to his co-Emperor.

However, the loyalty of the Eye, Tobias, that remained purely with Bernael, and not to the procession of sycophants and opportunists that stood outside the Throne Room on Bakura.

The man that stepped through the door was both of these; he allowed his potential to crackle into the Force and grinned malicious. He bowed to them. "I am Aden Kya, but I fancy myself Darth Insipid, if that serves you better, my lords and Emperor. I have triumphed in the slave pits of Fondor, and my father is dead for his trespasses." He stood, licking his lips at the sins he inflicted upon Traer Lin, the man dead many times over, after a fashion.

[​IMG]

Young Aden Kya

"Might I offer you and your Eternal Empire my loyalty?"

His mind was rather opaque.

He was addressing Sistros, not Bernael, for one, and his bow was a micrometer inclined towards the former and not the latter.

Behind him, the second to see them today, was Jori Atreus, the granddaughter of the woman who had attended the Dwartti Exchange Program on Nouane. Her family had escaped nearly five decades of chaos while securing the shipyards of Rothana for themselves, ostensibly loyal to the Old Republic, the Old Empire, and then the New Republic. Now, on the eve of the Great War, it was time for the family name to become infamous again...

She would have a complete view of the pathetic attempt of the Kya teen to curry favour. What did he even have to offer, save for his ego?

It was a question whether the four Eternal's attended the meeting in person, or remotely, but it was a given that at very least Sistros was here, as this was his adopted homeworld, after all, and birth-place of his wife and son.

For the two Force users Snefru and Tobias, standing slightly behind their Emperor's, whether as holograms or in person (their choice). there would be a tweak in the Force.

There was danger on Bakura; more so than the pathetic and thoroughly insipid fool before them...

The Force was charged and they would know - as would the Emperor's - that the Great War had began.

But while Sistros may be amused by the young, arrogant man before him, Bernael would be assaulted by a vision of a world of green and blue, scarred in the southern hemisphere, yes, but beautiful. It was burning; screaming, even. It called out to him from the future and he would recognise a relative in the great pantheon. The Anzati had been shaped by the Old God of Death millennia ago, but he had other children, some Gods, yes, but also a son he was proud of, who fled -

And birthed a son named Sekot.

Bernael had a vision of his cousins death!

TAG: @darthbernael, @Shadowsun, @HanSolo29, @TheAdmiral, @Narancia (singles)
    ---
    IC: Boba Fett

In orbit

As insertions went, it was a fairly quiet and simple one.

They'd spent years preparing for this hit.

To kill Emperor Skelm.

They had assembled their team, with some variations but not many. Fett, yes, had hired Tor to lead the crew, which included Din Djarin, Aurra Sing, Dengar and a late addition of Kenix Kil. It was decent team, augmented by Taozin nodules that hid them in the Force; making their presences a simple greasy patch, essentially impossible to detect with the hustle and bustle of a busy world.

An Eternal Flagship held above the throne world, flanked by a pair of Bakura-class Star Destroyers. There were half a dozen droid battlecruisers of course, but GEMINI droids were dumb, and often missed things. It was also fairly simple to - with enough credits laid out - purchase a perfect stygium cloak for the Slave I, and replace their concussion missiles with the latest in ion torpoedoes, developed by the New Republic to engage Eternal fleets.

As such, they were heading in-system slowly but surely, and had intended to be setup in a safehouse when Empire Day began tomorrow. But of course, the news spread like wildfire, and though it had yet to permeate the Eternal Empire, Fett had the best Intel network in the galaxy outside the main galactic powers, and he picked up the same message and played it to the Slave I.

A day early.

"That hut'huun Palpatine couldn't keep a single damn promise could he?"

He looked at Tor. "This could complicate things. What do you want to do?"

Despite being the youngest, Fett had applied a healthy cream of advance credits to ensure the team completely listened to Tor, not that her reputation didn't precede her. Aurra Sing grumbled. "So now the entire Eternal Empire is going to mobilise and you want to go after an Emperor?"

"Shuddap," Dengar said, drily.

Kenix raised a finger, and they silenced themselves, and then he pointed at Tor for the leaders view.

They were in atmosphere already, after all. But this had been a scouting mission, not the full-blown hit.

For one, Leia wasn't here, nor did they have the sanction of the New Republic or Jedi Order - not that Fett needed it, as he was bankrolling the entire event.

[​IMG]

Aurra Sing

[​IMG]

Din Djarin

[​IMG]

Fennec Shand

[​IMG]

Dengar Roth

[​IMG]

Kenix Kil

TAG: @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Update 4 of 5

The Inner Systems

IC: Doman Beruss

Hosnian Prime, the Core Worlds, but also elsewhere; the Advisory Council

[​IMG]

Doman Beruss, New Republic Chancellor

She was a year into her third term, was the Corellian Chancellor. It was, constitutionally, her last four-years in office, and of course that had meant the Great War was to begin during a point when she was responsible for it's conduct. The Advisory Council was gathered, or, rather, was attending via high-end, impervious to slicing, encryption.

Doman would have much preferred that Feyna was in-charge now, as a Chancellor-for-Life, but it was understandable that the woman hadn't wanted that. It was a gross perversion of the Republic, and could not be allowed to happen again - not after Palpatine, not after Amedda. Not in a galaxy with Emperor Aryan Sistros Skelm Graul - or whatever in the Nine Corellian Hells he was calling himself now - in it, let alone the revived Palpatine leading a marauding hordes of aliens.

Doman nonetheless smiled at the hologram of Feyna, for she was Queen Mother of Hapes now, and far, far too important to attend in person, even though her husband - and Hapan Senator - Isolder attended besides her. They were a joint package, as too were the Senators of New Nubia and the Alderaan Sector - Nola Deidder and Winter Celchu respectively - also attending from their homeworlds remotely. Senator Cilghal was the Mon Calamari represenative - but also the Jedi one, transmitting from the secret world of Tython - and attending a Jedi Council meeting too.

Rounding out her Advisory Council was her Vice Chancellor, the Wookiee Triebakk, who was also a hologram, the Imperial Remnant Head of State, Sarreti, and the Senators of Kuat, Rodia and Neimodia. While Senator Viqi Shesh was actually here on Hosnian Prime, the others, Senator Greeata Shychuvooq and the young Tobbiramas "Tobbi" Airskipper were present by hologram.

She couldn't, however, say precisely where they were, as Greeata was rumoured to be often off-world, and Tobbi, well, he was said to have an entourage and immense corporate connections, and Doman suspected that the whole lot of them were off-screen watching the Advisory Council meetings. She personally doubted that Tobbi was to be trusted, because it was insane that the Neimodians would allow a human to represent them, but there he was.

But then again, the Neimodians had lost out badly under Imperial occupation, and the New Republic hadn't been inclined to reward them with any major corporate contracts after their Trade Federation remained a key member of the Separatist Alliance for the whole nineteen years of the First Cold War.

So.

Maybe.

She had less to say about Greeata, but Rodians were contributing a fair amount to the Navy even though Rodia was threatened by the Eternal Empire, being near to their actual border and nominally imperiled by the Eternal treaties with the Bothans and Hutts.

To business.

Supreme Commander Kre'frey was present today, a hologram for he was reporting from aboard the SSD Lusankya, holding in orbit above Hosnian Prime. He cleared his throat to bring the meeting to order. "Tomorrow is Empire Day, and, if Palpatine's word is to be believed, the start of the Great War. It goes without saying that the information I present today is of utmost secrecy, known to no more than twelve individuals across the galaxy outside of this room." He nodded at Feyna, Winter, Isolder, and Nola, remembering their desperate effort to save Coruscant fifteen years ago; his survival had been an afterthought, but notwithstanding his homeworlds ambivalence he remained loyal to the cause - and had even been subject to Bothan assassination attempts.

[​IMG]

Traest Kre'frey, New Republic Supreme Commander

He swallowed. "The deployments of the New Republic Defence Fleet."

The galactic map showed up, with crimson for the New Republic, and lighter shades of red for their allies in the Remnant and Hapan space. Similarly, the Empire of the Hand was light blue and the Eternal Empire was green, and the Bothans and Hutts differentiated with differing greens. Doman spoke up before Kre'frey continued. "All questions to the end, please."

"The First and Sixth Fleets hold in the Core, ready to defend any key world within it - and patrol the border with the Eternal Fleet in the Corellian Sector." He was of course referring to Nubia, which remained an enemy bridgehead into the sector. "The Second Fleet is following the ‘invasion corridor’ - the trail of worlds that Director Dif Scaur and New Republic Intelligence has ferreted out of Yuuzhan Vong infiltrators - all who killed themselves rather be captured."

"The Third and Fifth Fleet patrol the Outer Rim, prepared to reinforce the Second as necessary, while the Fourth Fleet is positioned at Balmorra, protecting its battle droid, munition and defence platform production." Many worlds were now shielded by Balmorran products, including Hosnian Prime itself. It was a key system due to its dedictation to the coming war. "The Fourth is also on standby to defend the Colonies in general." Kre'frey added that as many Neimodian purse worlds were in the Colonies, so he hoped that would mollify Senator Tobbi. Sarreti glanced at Tobbi - it was Imperial ships that made up the 'Fighting Fourth.'

"The Seventh Fleet defends Kuat with the SSD Guardian and Star Defender Krakana." Senator Viqi Shesh smiled at that. Isolder nodded at the confirmed location of a Hapan contribution. Kre'frey mentioned the second donated fleet shortly thereafter. "The Eighth Fleet holds at Hosnian Prime with the Star Defender Viscount, defending the Senate and our capital. Last but not least, the Ninth Fleet holds at the Bilbringi Shipyards, peering into the Unknown Regions as well, even as, separately, the Star Defender Bounty defends Mon Calamari."

There.

Kre'frey had said it.

Now, he would await criticism from the Senators for favoring certain worlds over others...

... it was too late to change anything anyway. The invasion was to start tomorrow after all.

But before they could say a word, a protocol droid stepped in.

"A thousand apologies Chancellor, Queen Mother, Head of State, Vice Chancellor, Senators -"

"Just get to it," grumbled Isolder.

"The Yuuzhan Vong have arrived."

The droid spoken the words into the Advisory Council.

"This report has been corroborated by General Han Solo from Vector Prime, who arrived at Atorias in advance of their forces. High Command has presently not allocated any ships to Artorias, but has already ordered the Third and Fifth to meet the Second at Garqi."

And with stilted words, the protocol droid announced the peril of Han, Lumpawaroo, and his adopted son Ben Solo...

The Great War had began.

They had their own secret goals, plans, wishes and intents.

Would someone rush to tell the Eternal Empire?

Would someone reveal a secret?

Worry for Han and Lumpy and Ben?

TAG: @JediMasterAnne x 2, @Narancia, @Mitth_Fisto (singles)
    ---
    IC: Jedi Master Cilghal

Tython, the Deep Core, Jedi Council chambers

It was the day before Empire Day.

The Yuuzhan Vong would arrive tomorrow.

The New Republic Advisory Council was meeting to discuss the conduct of the war in practical deployments, and of course the Jedi Council had to meet. Master Cilghal was physically sitting in the Council Chamber, as were the other Jedi save for Master Durron. He was attending by hologram, and Cilghal perceived that Adalia was slightly off-screen.

That was more than agreeable, and acceptable. The Jedi Council did not expect partners, romantic or otherwise, to be excluded from the meeting, but Cilghal would not ask where they were though she suspected Yavin 4 or Ossus - the Jedi fortress worlds. For her part, the Mon Calamari had an earpiece so she could listen to Chancellor Doman Beruss, and she muted her feed so the Senators and politicians could not here her.

She looked to Grandmaster Madelyn Linnett, to Masters Horn, Lobi, Durron, Renn and Vhardia. They were here, hidden in the Deep Core on Tython, as safe as could possibly be from the Yuuzhan Vong horde. But that didn't mean she wasn't conscious that the Grandmaster's daughter was on Dathomir, not far from the anticipated Front. Indeed, Leia was the former Padawan of Vhardia, too, so there was no discounting the special place that Leia had in the New Jedi Order.

[​IMG]

Tresina Lobi

Corran managed to start off with the simple question.

[​IMG]

Corran Horn

"So, who wants to go after the Twin Emperors, who wants to go the Front, and who wants to head up the Palpatine Hit Squad?"

Three questions.

Fairly loaded ones.

Their itinerary had been to firstly decide what to do about the Twin Eternal Emperor's, and whether to put together a Hit Squad for Palpatine if he should be located. The ethics of assassination were fairly complex, and they'd not even dug much into it before Cilghal interrupted the preliminaries.

[​IMG]

Cilghal

"New Republic High Command has confirmed that the Yuuzhan Vong have arrived. They've already began attacking Sernpidal, Dubrillion and Artorias. Apparently Han and Ben reported they are here. Three New Republic Fleets are advancing on Garqi to hold the line."

They would have to decide what to do now.

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @darthbernael, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence (singles)
    ---
    IC: Thrackan Sal-Solo

Corellia, in the system and sector of the same name, Core Worlds

"And that's a wrap!"

It had been another day of gruelling shoots and reshoots for Praxon.

The Corellian Prime Ministerial race was well underway, and it had pitted Thrackan Sal-Solo against Aidel Saxan, the incumbent. Saxan had been roundly criticised for not lobbying the New Republic Senate enough to retake Nubia, the Eternal foothold in their sector. For fifteen years the world had been in enemy hands, and nothing had been done about it - for fear of starting a war which Palpatine would finish.

So it was relatively easy for Sal-Solo to argue he was the true patriot, even though he was the Corellian Senator at present. Indeed, he'd woven alliances with other radical elements that were anti-New Republic, including the Commenori, Jabiimi and a host of other small-time systems.

What was key to Praxon being hired was the seeming complete lack of care the real Han Solo had for the Corellian system. Rumour here it that he’d had an epic falling out with Saxan, and he was completely detached from elections and anything that detracted from his attention to the New Republic or his adopted son.

This gave Praxon an incredibly useful role as a stand-in, endorsing Sal-Solo as the true son of Corellia, and not a puppet of the Senate and Chancellor Doman Beruss, who, even though she too a Corellian, didn’t care enough about her home sector to even retake Nubia.

But after an intense day of shooting prop pieces for Sal-Solo’s campaign - with a fairly hefty salary to go with it - for there to be commotion at all among the producers was quite odd.

But a moment later, before the human team could decide what to do and even tell Praxon what was going on, the double doors to the studio swung open and he stepped through.

Thrackan Sal-Solo himself - with a quartet of heavies behind him. Their blasters were on show, and they carried themselves not in anticipation of violence - but with the promise of it. “Alright people! I have one more recording for Han Solo today.” He brandished a datapad. “A live appearance besides yours truly.”

[​IMG]

Thrackan Sal-Solo

The team scattered before him and Thrackan made his way directly to Praxon, handing him the script. “Read this, and I’ll make you the richest man in the Corellian Sector, cousin.”

The datapad read as follows.

Liberation! For too long has the Corellian Sector suffered under the occupation of foreign power. Not just Nubia, which remains in the hands of the craven Eternal Empire, but the indolent New Republic! The nonhuman masses demand our loyalty and lifeblood, all to save the multitudes from the coming of the Yuuzhan Vong, who merely promise to clean the galactic slate!

I, Han Solo, call upon you, the people of the Corellian System, to remember your independence, your freedoms, and to seize them! Nineteen times has Corellia seceded from the tyranny of Republic and ruled itself, and it will be our twentieth that succeeds!

Join me in throwing off the New Republic
    and the Eternal Empire. Even now, our allies at Commenor, Jabiim and others submit their articles of secession like I beseech my cousin, the true patriot, Thrackan Sal-Solo, to do so too!

Before Praxon could say word, he explained. “The Commenori, Hutts and Bothans are sending their fleets to Nubia. With our fleet, we’ll have six - enough to declare independence and to enforce it!”

Sal-Solo grinned.

The team behind the four grunts - six Corellians, friends and colleagues alike - looked at Praxon with panic, especially his co-star, Wynssa Starflare.

[​IMG]

Wynssa Starflare

He leaned forward and whispered. “And the New Republic will be too busy to stop us. The Yuuzhan Vong arrived a day early - we’ll completely outflank the Chancellor, those Emperors, and the Senate!”

It was perfect.

And, of course, a disaster for defense of galaxy.

TAG: @HanSolo29

Last edited: Jun 4, 2021
  9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    GM Update 5 of 5

OUTER RIM; UNKNOWN REGIONS

THE EAST

IC: Grand Admiral Thrawn

Battle of Rhand, Nihil Retreat, Red Space, aboard the Chimaera, bridge

It had been an hour, and there were no reports of further hostiles.

It was over.

Most officers would have sighed at the end of a fifteen year campaign against the so-called 'True Sith', but not this Chiss. Grand Admiral Thrawn simply turned to Captain Pellaeon and spoke up. "Connect me with Admiral Jerod."

"Yes, sir."

The discovery of the Final Order and the Sith Eternal in the Unknowns had been a devastating strategic twist. Where the Empire of the Hand had spent the prior decade and a half before the Battle of Exegol cleaning out the Unknown Terrors - the Ssi-Ruuvi, Vagaari, Nagai, Tofs, Grysk, Nikardun and more besides - they had missed the Rhandites and their Dark Worlds and discovering twelve systems allied with the incoming Yuuzhan Vong was a blow.

Also, they had innumerable names for their territory and it was deeply maddening, several observers noticed.

But it was over now - after a decade and a half of relentless campaigning, they'd ground the region and its zealot people into dust. There were no more threats in the Unknown Regions - the so-called soft underbelly to the galaxy, the easiest way to conquer the galaxy, was secure. The Empire of the Hand was ready.

Which is why Thrawn was contacting Admiral Jerod and the Defence Fleet. Originally held at Nirauan to protect the Unknowns from attack, he had been until recently holding on the southern Unknowns, fencing with Eternal battlecruisers at Cattamascar or Batuu. But Thrawn had expected Palpatine to tell only enough of the truth to secure his aims - and so Jerod was now at the very end of the Braxant Run at Xerton.

The Braxant Run connected the Imperial Remnant to the Hydian Way, but most assumed it terminated at Bastion, the capital of the Moff Council. In-fact, it trailed off into the Unknown Regions, and the Empire of the Hand had occupied and taken those additional worlds as a safety measure. There was no point allowing the gap between the two to be left empty for fear of a conflict, so Xerton (and Qonto) was as incorporated into the Hand as other border worlds like Huk, Guiteca, Esfandia, Notak or N'Zoth.

[​IMG]

As Thrawn was connected to Jerod and his fleet, Hand Intelligence had the update from New Republic High Command. It would be filtered to Jerod as well, as part of the Phalanx Admiralty with Thrawn, himself, Parck, Ara'lani, Fel and Niriz.

For that news to break as Jerod's line officer announced the Grand Admiral was hailing them was terrible timing, of course, but the moment Thrawn was connected to him, there was a burst of hyperspace anomalies -

"Report, Admiral Jerod," the Grand Admiral said, tone tight; his only concession to anxiety as the Great War began.

Just as suddenly, erupting in-system, was dozens of coral ships.

Hundreds.

Thousands.

Behind them popped into existence a planetary worldship, and a trio of multi-levels Kor Chokk flagships -

---
    IC: The Father

Where and when and who and how and why

He sat on the Throne of Balance as he always did.

While for the galaxy at large, he'd only done so for fifteen years, time was immaterial to the Between Places, and indeed, he had much to work through.

He wasn't ready to head into the galaxy.

He needed...

... Twilight.

... an Epitaph...

He brooded on his Throne, bereft of a Light, bereft of a Dark.

There was only Eternal Chaos.

A small ship was released from Mortis to go and find the others.

The Great War would have to be a cover for their quest.

If Palpatine was too busy with conquest...

... if Graul was engaged...

... if Bernael was distracted by Renn...

... if the Jedi were in the middle of their wars...

... if the Sith were desperate...

... if the Black-Coat didn't know...

Then the Heroes of the Galaxy would have a chance.

Anakin Skywalker was just saddened that so many of them would have to die to bring true Balance.

Xundel, the living wayfinder is on Bonadan. You won't be able to find me again without it.

Her name is Nomi Da-Boda.

She is descended from Nomi Sunrider.

She was a Chosen of the Ones..

...before Revan, after Rur

...before Ruin, after Xendor

...before Bane, after Adas

...before Me, after the Black-Coat.

A pause.

Be careful of Xerton, and Artorias, and Sernpidal...

You will have to pass through at least one of these places to reach Bonadan.

TAG: @darthbernael (single)

10. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Ka'rta Mandalore the Vengeant
    Mandalore

It was a celebration, a final party before the great conflict was upon them. Though their leader was not partaking. She knew what was coming an invasion, of the galaxy. Her hope was that all their preparations would make it difficult for the Vong to approach. Though it all weighed heavy on her, the weight of an entire culture rested on her shoulders. The numbers of Mandalorians had swelled with the amount of war orphans that had been made in their recent conquests, and with the unrest gowing. Many of those from the early days were now fully mandalorian. Still new, but trained well enough to fight even a veteran from any other military. Some might call it cruel or distasteful taking a child away from their culture and raising them to oppress their kind, but numbers were necessary for the fight that was to come.

The word passed around was that if 'Empire Day' didn't happen was making it happen, to draw out all the forces for a final battle at Malachor, to take vengeance for Revan's attack. The thought was nice but, all out war wasn't what she wanted. She just wanted to survive this conflict and see Mandalore into the next generation. And maybe settle some old scores.

That was when the message came in, the Vong had arrived a day early. Not surprising, Mandalore was always ready for a fight. On her helm she got a ping a single fighter, a Coral Skipper, at least that was what the read out said.

"Get to your stations, now!" She called out standing up from the throne of Mandalore. Her words echoing out in the darkened room, the once stained glass of the throne room covered over with beskar, the only illumination provided by dim lights to conserve power for more important systems, like the defense network. As her words reached the furthest parts of the planet, her comm linked into the emergency defense network. Just as she finished, the main attack force of the Vong arrived.

"I did say I would be back." Da'Gara hissed.

"I said I would be ready." She growled back. "Activate the defense turrets, and strengthen the planetary shield, all defense fighters launch soonest, send the recall order to the closest systems and leave the further out forces on alert. This could be a distraction. Give me a sitrep on our defense platforms how many are still operating?" Outside the loud thoom of orbital turbo lasers fired into the skies, the howl of Bessie fighters echoed over the city of Keldabe. "Iron Hand Battle Group," She continued marching towards the hangar attached to the palace with her personal fighter ready to launch. "Besides those big bastards, any smaller cruisers and the like?" The Iron Hand Group, a collection of 2 Keldabe Battleships, 3 Lancer-Class frigates, 3 Crusader-class gunships and various other ships and carriers. While the Bessies were the backbone of the navy she didn't forget the need for battleships, and other big ships.

On her read out on her HUD she could see thousands of fighters taking to the skies and engaging the enemy. The battle had come early but they were prepared.

She jumped into the former prototype that had been adjusted and changed to better suit her or Venku. Going so far as to have two control preferences, one for her, and another for him. She would lead this defense, this was her home, and she would defend it to the death.

"This is Mandalore the Vengeant." Her voice rang out over all of Mandalore, an image of her in the fighter appearing on every screen available. "The Vong have come early and in numbers. But we planned for this, we prepared for this. All warriors gather your weapons, and report to your assigned stations. Show no fear in the face of this enemy, they are just another force coming to take us out of the picture, they fear us, they tremble before us. Show them that they are right to fear our might, the might of Mandalore, fear the power of the Iron Empire.

Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur." 'Today is a good day for someone else to die'. Her final rallying cry as she launched into the sky and accelerated towards the battle, her elite force gathering behind her. Her heart was beating and the fire was growing. It was time to let loose her fury, at the enemy that would dare go around her Iron Curtain and strike at her heart, they would learn from their mistake. Manda'yaim was an Iron Fortress, defended by a Beskar Battalion that would give no ground, and guided by a furious iron handed leader that wouldn't give up.

TAG: @Sinrebirth

Tor
    Bakura

"Oisk." Tor cursed as Fett informed her of the arrival of the attack force. She looked over the map of Salis Daar, all the possible safehouse candidates still marked on her map. It wasn't going to be easy but, they could have setup shop and be ready to go when the attack happened. Though now that was all cast into the fire. She let out a huff looking at the team Fett had assembled. It wasn't the first time her plan had gone out the window, they would have to come up with something on the fly.

"I still have some contacts that should give me a heads up if His Majesty." The pseudo codename they had for their target. "Leaves the throne room, if he goes to the flagship we can maybe get close enough to cut our way in. Or leave a tracker on it. That's only if he moves to the flagship. If he stays in the throne room we go ahead with the plan. This just adds a distraction to his protection forces. They're expecting a big invasion force, not a small group of assassins. Right now we hold, see what our target does and act accordingly. Understood." She looked in the bottom corner of her HUD, seeing self typed message to call Leia tomorrow. There was a protocol setup, an encrypted holo box under a false name the message bouncing around several different relays so she wasn't worried about it getting seen. She was more worried about Leia's availability. She was headed to Dathomir last she knew, spending some time with her girlfriend...A joke by Tor, though she didn't want to interrupt that. But, the timetable had been moved up.

'Hey sis, the party got moved up...can you make it?' she tapped out a quick message to Leia before sending it off. Hopeful that it would reach her and she could help.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29

11. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    The Eternal Families, Tobias Vox, Snefru, Jori II Atreus
    Bakura, Plans within plans

The years had passed, the population of Anzat had begun, very slowly, to recover, bolstered by an influx of returning older Anzati to train the upcoming generations. Nevet had a new position as well, the Master of Masters, stealing a title from an ‘old friend’ as he headed the Circle of Masters of Anzat. However, he, the Saarai-Kaar, and Kigrael, had taken flight to Bakura.

They were attending one of the regularly scheduled sessions with Sistros and his family as well as a person they had been working and speaking with over that same time, Jori II Atreus of Kuat. The leader of the Knights of Nevet as well as his Herald Snefru had been instructed to join them at Bakura, whether in person or by holo. As Nevet’s family took the shuttle from the Elysian Fields, his flagship, a sight filled the viewscreen before they entered the atmosphere, two Eternal flagships and the Aquila Jori’s yacht hung in orbit.

Landing at the private pad at the Eternal Palace the pad retracted into a landing bay, the cover closed overhead, and then the party debarked, Knights standing in ranks, forming up around them. Nevet strode between the ranks, a small smile on his uncovered face as the party moved in silence. They walked through the Palace, the route cleared of anyone not of the Eternal Families.

They came to the Throne Room. The Knights formed up on either side of the doorway as his party entered. He gazed around, the familiar sights and scents of the room filled his senses. His lips quivered for a moment as he caught the faintest whiff of the perfume Jori tended to wear, a reminder of the last meeting here.

Taking a seat in his Throne, Marana in a smaller throne to his left, Kigrael in a seat off the dais but to Nevet’s side of the room. It was not long before Sistros and his family entered and took their places. Once everyone had settled into place he nodded to his co-Emperor, a smile touching his lips, ”And you have to deal with this more often than I. I never understand why you don’t just send the sycophants to Anzat for fodder for the Knights in training.” he quipped darkly.

Once the Families, the Eye, and the Herald were in place the majordomo was signalled and the doors to the Throne Room were opened. Nevet stifled a sigh as he saw the large queue that had formed as they had taken their places, with both Emperors in attendance more had come to gain favor.

One eyebrow rose fractionally as a young human male was the first ushered in to their Presence. His lips quivered in almost a smile as the being announced themselves and unmasked the power they wielded in the Force. His eyes drifted to the side seeing a similar smile on his son’s face. As they shifted back he caught something that made a toothy grin flash over his face, the difference in deference given to Sistros and himself.

He caught sight of a familiar flash of blonde hair standing outside the doors and knew who it must be. But, before he could set a plan into motion to deal with the simpering, and obviously more deferential to his fellow Emperor, fool he felt it. Felt the moment. This would become less the usual session. His will rose, the sunny daylight that streamed through the windows darkened and shadows gathered in the space. In the antechamber the gathered masses began to whisper and shift, the Knights dropping into combat stances as they felt the change as well.

Before he could deal with the ant standing before them a vision rolled over him. A world of green and blue, scarred in the southern hemisphere, yes, but beautiful. It was burning; screaming, even. He recognized it, felt the connection to it, knew what or rather who it was. He reached out, through the bond he now sensed with his cousin, Sekot, cousin and nephew to my Father, Cold Danda Sine, I have seen your death. I know not if you know of the war that has just begun but the Vong will not recognize you as the seed of their homeworld and destroy you. Follow the path of our bond, come, speak to me, together we may turn the course of the Vong’

He shook his head fractionally before ”Silence…” the word roiled through the air at the teen.

He leaned forward slightly in his Throne, as an idea came to his mind. A thought drifted through the bond the two Emperors shared, ’He could be of use if you think he could, but he can also be of immediate use.’

His black within black eyes began to drip Darkness as they focused on this Aden Kya, Insipid you name yourself, insipid you are. Do you recall what day tomorrow was to be? No? Well even that is one day too late. The war has begun and you wish to cloud your thought from us and simper to Sistros rather than propose anything of value.”

He lifted a finger from the arm of the throne, ”So be it.” His finger dropped, tapping the Throne. The moment it touched the arm Kigrael blurred, one second in his seat and the next latched onto the teen. A shriek of agony lanced through the room and out into the antechamber. Every being there was able to see the human be drained where he stood by the Shadow Heir.

Kigrael rode the body to the floor as he drained it, leaving a crumpled mess behind. He turned, bowing to both Emperors, and then taking his seat once more. One of the Knights entered, a nod from Nevet, and the body was dragged from the room. Nevet let the smile touch his face once more as another thought flowed through the bond to Sistros, ’Pretty show, wasn’t it? He’s unconscious but in a secluded antechamber, alive and otherwise unharmed, if you decide he’s worth your time to talk to.’

Turning his gaze upon the Majordomo he spoke at a level the gathered crowd would be able to hear even if the servant would announce it as well ”Anyone who believes they may actually contribute to the upcoming war planning may be ushered in, the rest to be dispersed.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Shadowsun, @HanSolo29, @TheAdmiral, @Narancia

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  12. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Double post GM approved

IC Renn Turon
    Tython, the Deep Core, Jedi Council chambers

Much had happened since Leia’s Trial. Renn had been slightly annoyed at the Jedi Council after that event because he swiftly figured out that part of why they had basically demanded that he and Vhardia be advanced to the council was because of what he was. They’d successfully manipulated events to tie the love that he and the little Jedi Master shared to him being a part of the Jedi. He could even understand the reasoning, after all they were those associated with the Light so having the avatar, the ‘home’ of the Light running around without their advice or input would frustrate them.

But, his annoyance had faded rapidly, mostly because after ten years of hiding their feelings, of refusing to acknowledge them, he and Vhardia had refused to wait a minute longer. Between the two of them they’d badgered the Council into holding a Jedi wedding within a month of Leia’s Trial. It hadn’t always been wine and roses but they were bonded on such a deep level even the most ‘loud’ argument rapidly was resolved.

The five years since had been a mix of things. There were Council sessions every so often, planning, recruiting, training, assisting as the Jedi grew again, preparing to face the various darknesses that were threatening peace and safety in the galaxy. Beyond that he and Vhardia had tried running through as many scenarios as they could possibly envision in how they could face his Twin, either save or stop the ’God of Death’, Bernael.

He’d known Empire Day was coming but recently he’d been more focused on the preparation for facing his Twin, that and his ‘daddy’ worries for Leia. He could sense her, could sense all the lightsiders spread out but with her having become almost a daughter he kept track of her and what she was up to, not to judge or give advice but just in case she needed help. She’d done well so far but his recent worry was the relationship she was developing. As a ‘dad’ he’d never really find anyone, male or female as good enough for her but it was her choice. He was concerned about the fact it was a Nightsister. But he’d told her if she ever wanted to talk he’d listen. After all she knew he wouldn’t judge, after all he was a ‘tree’ in a loving relationship with a human.

That was distracting him as the current Council session began. That and the little grin that was on his face as Vhardia ignored her Council seat and was sitting on the arm of his seat, close against him. By this point the Council had stopped trying to get her to use her seat as often as soon as they said anything she was back on his chair or in his lap. He listened as Corran opened with a very direct series of questions.

"So, who wants to go after the Twin Emperors, who wants to go to the Front, and who wants to head up the Palpatine Hit Squad?"

He already knew what the two of them would do, he and Vhardia had discussed it often and at length. But before he could respond Clighal spoke up, slightly urgently.

"New Republic High Command has confirmed that the Yuuzhan Vong have arrived. They've already begun attacking Sernpidal, Dubrillion and Artorias. Apparently Han and Ben reported they are there. Three New Republic Fleets are advancing on Garqi to hold the line."

Renn’s eyes widened for a moment and then narrowed. He sighed, ”Of course he attacks a day early, never trust a Darksider’s word.” he muttered, glancing at Vhardia. But, no matter what was occurring, the Council knew that the meeting between him, whether one or more, and Bernael had to take place, he had to stop that being. He leaned over, nuzzling her cheek for a moment before sitting up again and clearing his throat.

Once he was recognized he reached down, squeezing Vhardia’s hand for a moment before he began to speak. ”You all know what I am. What I view as my purpose.” He glanced down at Vhardia again then looked up. ”I don’t want to speak for Vhardia but we have prepared for this since before the destruction of Nubia, and even more in the last five years. The early attack, even if it’s only a day early, doesn't change the fact that all those questions are still valid objectives. Having those two sources of Darkness against us only increases our danger, not lessens it.”

He knew the road ahead was not a simple one or one that would be a straight path to allow them to face Bernael but they would find a way to remove that darkness from the galaxy. ”Therefore, whether it be both Eternal Emperors or Bernael alone, that is the choice I see that I must adhere to. It does not mean that if my aid is needed elsewhere I won’t help but that is my focus. And I believe it is my wife’s as well, although I’ll let her state her own choice rather than find myself sleeping outside tonight.” he finished, with a gentle tease to her.

He squeezed her hand once more, letting his breath out. The choice was made and now the path opened before them, what they would have to attempt would help define the galaxy in the future.

TAGS: @Adalia-Durron, @Sinrebirth, @darthhelinith, @TheSilentInfluence

Last edited: Jun 2, 2021
  13. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    IC: Leia-Skirata Linnett
    Dathomir

Leia didn't mind Dathomir so much. It was dark, and the witches weren't always friendly. But she had a mission to complete. She listened to the Night Mother carefully, and felt nervous about having a rancor; she had heard enough stories about them. But Leia felt confident she could complete this mission. She didn't however, expect a warning to chime with news of a full scale invasion by the Yuuzhan Vong. She felt nervous all of a sudden, as the Republic scrambled to defend itself. As the Night Mother questioned whether or not she would stay.

I have a mission to complete. Leia thought to herself. And the Jedi Council hasn't called me back. I have to complete it first.

"I have a mission to complete here. And I haven't gotten a message from the Jedi Order. Until I do; I have to complete my mission." Leia told Mother Augwynne Djo. "You should be careful though, this is a full scale invasion. Regardless of how were taught, we still have lives to live Night Mother. I wouldn't want any harm to come to this place." She told her honestly.

Leia looked over at Almira as she appeared. She smiled at her shyly, pleased that she had shown up. Leia wouldn't admit this to anyone but Tor, but she liked the Night Sister. Almira was brave in ways that Leia wasn't, and Leia didn't mind that she was quiet. She enjoyed her company.

"Night sister." Leia greeted politely. She opened her mouth to say something else, before her comm. chimed. She glanced at it and muttered an excuse me, before she answered Tor's message. As soon as I finish my mission. I shouldn't been too long. Stay safe Sister.

Tag: @Sinrebirth @galactic-vagabond422 (For mention)

IC: Madelyn Linnett
    Jedi Council Chambers, Tython

Madelyn Linnett had been worried even before the invasion. Mostly, about her daughter Leia. She knew she could trust her daughter, that she had to. But this mission to Dathomir was not the first on a list if Madelyn was completely honest, even if the benefits were favourable. She didn't trust the nightsister's herself, even if Leia had started to. Especially with one called Almira. Madelyn hadn't met her personally yet. But if Leia had her way Madelyn was sure that would come eventually.

But still, Madelyn had to trust her.

For the same reasons she had to trust the Jedi Council, and the Jedi themselves that they could handle this threat. She listened carefully as the other's spoke. As they voiced their concerns. She smiled at Renn and Vhardia as they sat on one chair together, and was grateful for them. They were like a second set of parents to Leia, family. And they had helped raise her well. She was a remarkable Jedi Knight.

"Well..." Madelyn spoke. "We have to weigh the options against one another. Which is the more pressing threat at this moment?" She paused. "If Han and my nephew Ben are there; then they need to be apart of this as well. We need to contact them for information. The Yuuzhan Vong are a very real threat, even if we are out of the way. It's are duty to protect those who cannot protect themselves."

She looked at Renn and Vhardia. "If you feel that you need to go. I will not stop you. But we need to be updated. And-" She rose from her seat and put her hands behind her back, looking thoughtful, "I will not force anyone to fight on the front that doesn't want to. We will need Jedi here to protect the Temple." Madelyn looked around the room. "As for the Palpatine Hit Squad, we will need our very best Jedi for that mission."

Tag: @Sinrebirth @Adalia-Durron @darthhelinith @darthbernael

14. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    IC: Tobbi Airskipper

~ Planet Neimoidia - Airskipper Estate~

Tobbi wore a stoic face as he attended the council meeting virtually via a hologram, these proceedings consistently bored Tobbi, but he knew this meeting was important; it was probably to address the allocation of resources for the impending invasion from the reborn and renewed Emperor Palpatine who was leading an army of grotesque force-sensitive aliens called the Yuuzhan Vong no less.

Tobbi internally smirked as he could sense the apprehension of Doman Beruss, the New Republic Chancellor, towards his legitimacy for the representation of the Neimodian system. Still, it was a simple manner of both the Galactic Empire and New Republic's neglect that allowed such a thing to happen. Tobbi's father Devron built Neimodia, its purse worlds, and the entire sector from the ground up with the aptly named Airskipper Mafia during a time of economic and political ruin. It was they who rebuilt the infrastructure and economy by getting various bills passed through the Nemodian oligarchy through lobbying and gerrymandering districts; it was they who provided many jobs through multiple subsidiaries in the name of the Airskipper industry, restarted the trade negotiations between the other core worlds, and soon just like that from the advice of a certain someone the populace forgot about the sins and only remembered the blessings.

It was then that Supreme Commander Kre'frey spoke up, and right here is where the meeting confirmed Tobbi's guesses. This was, in fact, an emergency meeting about the incoming war. Tobbi shook his head; he knew what was coming; for some reason, despite the Nemodian system being a huge ally and asset to the New Republic, they were consistently getting overlooked when it came to basic needs. A prime example was the denial and rejection of the reconstruction grants that Devron tried so hard to apply for only for the request to reach the highest levels of the senate and into the arms of Doman Beruss, who claimed that this grant was only applicable to worlds directly damaged by the Eternal Empire as she would then reject the application. However, the devastation of Coruscant and the glassing of Naboo was a big blow in the Nemodian sector since it was one of Neimodia's more prospective trading partners; thus, the economy was rocked for a while before eventually recovering but not enough make even on the loses yet.

Particularly the mafia's subsidiary Partisan Energies was hit hard by these losses as Naboo was a big client of Consigliere Makaya Tunson. There wouldn't be a day where the mafia council didn't hear the Togurta complaining about the constant need to get that grant to increase their influence's effectiveness. But Tobbi forgot all of that when Kre'frey spoke about the placement of different fleets in the core worlds, and not a single one went to Neimoidia...

Instead of the fleet was sent to protect Balmorra of all places... The nerve! On the one hand, it was nice seeing the council relying more and more on Heisenberg Inc.
    To the point of where the company would be to producing hundreds of warships for double the pay, however, this would hamper Tobbi's plan to have the Blacklight mercenaries serve as defenders of the planet along with Evelyn farms, increasing their charity reach to an overworked populace thusly gaining the people's love and increasing the likelihood that Balmorra would become reliant and subservient to Airskipper industries and as a result becoming subservient to Tobbi and his father.

"Commander Kre'frey, didn't the Blacklight company dispatch a fleet to Balmorra already? I would think that the fourth fleet would be better allocated to Neimodia, especially since we are the medical capital in the New Republic."

Tobbi tossed in his opinion, not to have an immense change of mindset within the senate but to remind everyone of Neimodia's importance, something which is often overlooked and has been forgotten due to the clone wars and the neglect of the Galactic Empire but with the rise of GENTEK, it once again became the leading powerhouse in medicine, so much so that GENTEK was at a point where they were buying the competition now, absorbing them into their own conglomerate.

But before Kre'frey could fully hear his words, a protocol droid broke the news to everyone; the war had begun!

Tobbi wasn't the only one in the room who heard this. His Head hunters or super soldiers had official positions on his administrative cabinet due to their excellence among excellent rankings above their peers. Despite their vastly different attitudes, the team operated perfectly, and with a simple nod, his Chief Emissary or Rebecca S.S 149 immediately left the room to inform the Eternal empire.

It was better to have a courier do these things instead of electronic communication, leaves less of a trial, even more so if it's an indentured warrior who knows nothing except for the peaceful and luxurious life you've given to them. Tobbi smiled; he wondered what the empire would do with this info.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne, @Sinrebirth , @Mitth_Fisto

15. Narancia

Narancia Jedi Master star 3

Oct 24, 2020
    (OOC: Given Permission by GM to substitute as Snerfu. Also permitted to double post)

IC: Snerfu

~Deploying to Bakura~

Snerfu sat on his throne inside the cockpit of the Anubi flagship, appropriately called the Anubis.

Another day, another glorious hunt for the gentiles and heretics of Emperor Bernael and the doubters of Emperor Graal. Soon enough, the Galaxy would succumb and submit to their rule, the twin Emperors.

Emperor Graal was also one to be respected as both leaders dominated in their respective fields. Emperor Berneal specialized in the military and assassination side of things; however, Emperor Graal specialized in the political side, recruiting those that focused too much on materialistic things.

Snerfu snorted and spat on the cockpit floor; the bubbling mucus sat there until one of his servants cleaned up the mess with a tissue for him.

Emperor Berneal didn't deal with or tolerate these types, a prime reason why the Anubi worshiped him.

Snerfu gained some satisfaction in the thought that once the empire's victory was complete, he, his scepter of Ragnos, and the twin Emperors would soon execute everyone with the full power of the Darkside.

Snerfu shuddered in pleasure at this epitome of a utopia, A cacophony of death, a melody of pain and sorrow, music to my ears, music to any true worshipper of the darkside~

As the ship landed on the Bakura landing pad, Snerfu raised his arm and shouted with reverence and zeal, "HAIL THE ETERNAL EMPIRE!"

Snerfu's lackey yelled their herald's words back in unison; their shouts could be heard from the exterior of the ship, "HAIL TO EMPEROR BERNAEL! HAIL TO THE ETERNAL EMPIRE!"

Snerfu nodded as the flagship landed on the Bakuran docking bay; the Emperor had given a choice to Snerfu as to attend virtually or in person. But to Snerfu, there was never a choice such a command needed to be done in person.

Snerfu exited the ship and only allowed his honor guards to follow him into the proceeding. The rest of the lackeys would have to stay onboard the vessel and know their place.
    [​IMG]
    (Anubi Honor guards)​

As Snerfu entered through the proceedings before it started, no one dared to make eye contact with them for long, not even checking the legitimacy of their reason for being here. The Dark side oozed off of Snerfu and his honor guards; anyone could tell that to annoy such a man could only end in one possible way; death.

Snerfu and his honor guard's placement behind the twin Emperors were only fitting as no one else here besides the Emperors could command more respect. Still, there was a man who could command the equivalent amount to Snerfu.

Adjacent to death worshiping wolf was Tobias Vox; Snerfu nodded to him and looked at the proceedings. Emperor Berneal was addressing a man name Aden Kya. Snerfu growled; this one smelled of deception and was not to be trusted; he even tried to simper only to Emperor Graal, offering absolutely nothing in return.

Snerfu's disdain for the "Darth" only grew, but as always, Emperor Berneal had an appropriate way to deal with the disrespect sending Kigreal to siphon the simp's life force; the screams made Snerfu purr, absolute perfection~

From there, the man named Aden Kya became beneath Snerfu's notice as the body was carted off by medical staff. Snerfu didn't care whether or not the man survived; the point was made.

”Anyone who believes they may actually contribute to the upcoming war planning may be ushered in, the rest to be dispersed.”

Snerfu nodded, the useless were now being kicked out, and the true proceedings had begun.

TAG: @darthbernael @HanSolo29 @Sinrebirth @Shadowsun @TheAdmiral

Last edited: Jun 3, 2021
  16. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tobias Vox
    Bakura, Eternal Throne Room

The Eye of Nevet remained patiently by his Emperor's side as he watched the proceedings unfold. Tobias was a quiet, pragmatic man, he would not voice an opinion unless he was directly called for it. His quiet hungry patience had served him well thus far, and he reckoned it would continue to do so.

Tobias gave no external reaction to the man named Aden Kya, nor any reaction further to the fate that had befallen him. Tobias's thoughts were his and to be kept to himself, that is the way he preferred it.

He did however take note that Nevet decided to keep this 'Darth Insipid' alive. He had wondered what the man was going to offer, he made the mistake of thinking he had control in the situation, a mistake that he was sure the man would not make again.

He would view his contemporary, Snefru, give him a small nod which Tobias would return. The Anubi was a fanatic, not that Tobias necessarily considered that to be a bad thing, it was what it was.

Information.

An important piece of information that he knew would be useful in the future.

At last, he came to view Emperor Nevet, his words simple and to the point, something Tobias had always appreciated.

”Anyone who believes they may actually contribute to the upcoming war planning may be ushered in, the rest to be dispersed.”

With a quiet nod Tobias recognized this, he did not move, remaining behind his Emperor's throne as those that were dismissed left the Throne Room. Much was in flux, Tobias did not like this, uncertainty was an evil that required correction.

TAG: @darthbernael @Sinrebirth @HanSolo29 @Narancia @TheAdmiral

17. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Jedi Master Vhardia
    Tython

The pronouncement of war, even a day early, was not unexpected, although slightly nerve wracking. The peace that the galaxy had enjoyed for the last fifteen years had seemed almost unnatural to Vhardia, who had grown up with galactic conflict as part and parcel of the first thirty years of her life.

Progression within the Jedi ranks and changes in her closest relationships aside, the only other major development that had occurred within this time was that her lightsaber crystal had seemingly spontaneously decided to change colour, during a particularly frustrating meditation while she had been sequestered away on Hoth, a couple of years before Leia’s training had concluded. The vibrant green colour had given way to a violent pink in such a sudden and unexpected manner that it was almost defiance and Vhardia had been so startled by it that she had concealed it from Renn and Leia for close to four weeks, whilst she attempted to change it back. Even when the truth had come out, Renn had been unable to offer an explanation beyond 'sometimes that can happen' and a then fourteen-year-old Leia had had to be reminded several times that such an occurrence was not something to be sort nor could one influence in a kyber crystal without risking extensive damage to both it and oneself. Vhardia's own, private (though hardly scientific) theory was that, in the process of keeping herself from Renn, the crystal had gotten fed up of being used as a channel to dissipate her loneliness and frustration, and as a result had given her the proverbial middle finger. Colour change aside, the crystal itself had seemed as stable as it always, prehaps happier than it had been before, if such things had emotions, which, despite Leia's testimony all but confirming as much, Vhardia's own experience was reluctant to affirm.

Leia had left their little family unit not long after, and despite her ongoing worries for her, as only one who has lived with you for ten years can be, Vhardia had been conscious of allowing the then-teenager her freedom. She had become more confident in her own teaching, since Leia's ascension to knighthood, but couldn't help but worry on the long term effects of someone being raised in relative seclusion with two people who had been fundamentally unhappy, even if they hid it well enough. She knew Renn had the ability to check in with their ex-padawan more personally, but she refused any update from him outside of official council correspondence, or what Leia herself shared in their monthly contact calls.

During the time she had known him, Renn's strength of affection had only continued to deepen and her own regard for him was as strong as ever, though at times, she couldn't help but worry about the burden upon him and wondered if he felt truly happy with the path the light side had chosen for him to follow. Whilst she was happy with her own choices, a small, secret part of her couldn't help but wonder what would have happened had they pursued their relationship on Hoth anyway, in secret- though the influence it would have had on Leia's training, whether hidden from her then padawan or not, would have been less certain. The council either seemingly didn't care if they were united or, worse, were in the view of actively encouraging it so as not to loose Renn's patronage- though admittedly Renn had had to explicitly point this out to Vhardia and she'd been so cross after the fact that she hadn't spoken to him for near to a full hour. It had taken several private conversations since with Madelyn to assure her that she was on the council for her own merits, not merely as Renn's 'plus one'. Thus she found that even now, after five years living on Tython, there was always a slight trepidation which she had to actively dissipate before each meeting. But the light side was strong here and that made it easier to remain even-headed.

Vhardia nodded at everything that both Renn and the Grand Master said from her perch on the arm of Renn's chair; she had been anticipating this day longer than she cared to admit, including what it may mean in the future.
    "We will of course keep the council updated. But as Renn has said, we have seen this as our objective for sometime, including the ramifications of it."
    She paused.
    "My only concerns are one- if we, as a council, repeat the mistakes of fifteen years ago and spread ourselves too thin.. or two- we strike too early and too successfully. Enemy of my enemy is my friend, as the proverb goes. Weakening the Empire of Two may bouy Palpatine's invasion into republic space quicker than otherwise anticipated."

Tags: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @TheSilentInfluence @Adalia-Durron

18. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori II Atreus
    Bakura, Salis Daar, Eternal Throne Room

Jori looked around the Throne Room playing the air-headed blonde princess that she liked to project to the world. After all that was what people expected her to be. A pretty face, no brains, a walking baby incubator, a beautiful ornament. Lesser people would have balked at the idea of playing such a role.

Lesser people did not know that this was the easiest way to allow people to underestimate you so that like one of those beautiful and carnivorous flowers to dull their senses to slowly, gently, almost lovingly to nudge them in the right direction.

Palpatine understood this. He played the fray, kind old man, who was sympathetic to your cause. Her grandmother had told her that about him. They had studied together, though back then she had fallen to that trap and had underestimated the then young man.

Jori was her grandmother’s personal project. While the Galaxy was in turmoil, House Atreus consolidated its power on Kuat, unifying the planet and directed the other Houses’ energies into furthering KDY’s interests.

Jori the First (her grandmother) then made the unexpected move to take over Rothana. The second largest military supplier to the Republic. All the while the Republic (Old and New), Palpatine, the Jedi played their games.

The Kuat of Kuat, like Palpatine, understood power and how to attain it. Though that required meticulous planning and patience. Infinite patience. It might take decades, centuries even until they could make their move.

Jori did not fully understand the current move. She had been sent to the Eternal Empire and she suspected there was something that she had yet to learn. Good thing she was observant.

Maybe that was her grandmother’s idea? To send her somewhere to learn how to navigate the seat of power? It was a part of some multi-step move that was yet to be revealed to her. That was for sure.

While her family played the Republic, the heiress was sent to the Eternal Empire. Never put all your eggs in one basket. Few systems could do such a thing, but that did not mean they should be careless. After all fortune was a fickle thing, easily lost.

As exemplified by some young upstart trying to impress the Emperors. Young fool… Jori grimaced in distaste.

The Eternal Empire seemed a fascinating place. It had its fair share of fanatics, cults and what-not. Those were easy to manipulate, only needed the right push. Though, she had to remind herself, they could turn into problems as such unstable personages tended to turn into loose cannons.

That was her cue. She took a breath and stepped forward. Hopefully she was going to make her grandmother proud.

“If I may be so bold.” she started with her soft, melodic voice “But I believe that I can be of some help.” Jori said humbly lowering her eyes.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @HanSolo29 @Shadowsun @Narancia

19. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Xundel
    Choices, choices

When one is chosen, as it were, one’s view of the galaxy begins to change even more. Or so Xundel now believed. A few years after the galactic polities settled into their ‘Cold War’ state, he found himself drawn to a certain area of space. He could sense that it was both his ‘companion’ as well as another that was drawing him there. He’d reached the point that he’d been called to and what had seemed empty space had opened to a world, Mortis.

Once there he found why he’d been called. The Father had been ‘reborn’. But he was not prepared to reveal himself to the galaxy at large. He soon, also, realized that there was no Son or Daughter. After time with the Father he realized that the Balance and the Father had brought him to this place to prepare him to be their emissary to the galaxy. He also was able to learn of those that were out and involved on the galactic stage. Which also revealed the major powers, and suspicions as to what may be needed in the future.

He could sense the essences of the Son and Daughter, to a degree, in the flow of the Force but they had set themselves in opposition to one another, on a more physical level than they had when they were here with the Father. Eventually all was prepared and he was ready to head out. Which was, of course, when Palpatine began his attacks.

His little ship had been fueled, armed, and the Father had seen him off. He found himself nearing the edge of the field that he’d learned protected Mortis when he heard the Father’s words.

Xundel, the living wayfinder is on Bonadan. You won't be able to find me again without it.

Her name is Nomi Da-Boda.

She is descended from Nomi Sunrider.

She was a Chosen of the Ones..

...before Revan, after Rur

...before Ruin, after Xendor

...before Bane, after Adas

...before Me, after the Black-Coat.

A pause filled the air.

Be careful of Xerton, and Artorias, and Sernpidal...

You will have to pass through at least one of these places to reach Bonadan.

He’d known that once he passed out of here he’d have to follow the mission that had been set out before him and he knew that what the Father had sent was true, if he didn’t know for sure how to get back, yet, he couldn’t have that information forced out of him by any agency. ’It will be done. I will find Nomi, be your emissary, Father.’ he sent as Mortis disappeared and space opened around him.

”Hmmm, Xerton from what I know, that's Empire of the Hand space. They have been very isolationist and fire on outsiders more often than accept them. Artorias is deep in the fight against the Vong already and I do not have time to get fully involved in that conflict, not if I desire to follow the One’s commands.” He pulled up the starmap, ”Serpindal it is, not too far. It’s under attack as well but hopefully I can be in and out before I have to get too involved. And it’s at the fringes of Republic space so that helps.”

Finishing his musing he programmed the course in, readying himself. His droid whistled that the hyperdrive was ready and the course fully laid in. ”Time to begin bringing Balance to the galaxy…” he sighed out before advancing the hyperdrive throttles and the blur of hyper filled the screen.

TAG: @Sinrebirth, Any who may come to Serpindal

20. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Senator Greeata Shychuvooq
    Hosnian Prime, the Core Worlds, but also elsewhere; the Advisory Council

Sitting there, attending a meeting where most members were present only as holograms. It was a sad state of affairs for an Advisory Council when most had to rely on encryption software instead of actually attending a meeting in person. Hologram was fine for a vote, but for a meeting? A meeting should be done in person where you could split up and have small conversations during breaks and hidden communiques' in the alcoves. Neither sure whether the other had bugged it and was trying to get black mail or truly seeking a compromise or alliance on a point of view of an issue.

Idly she plucked at a piece of her robe that wasn't smoothed out under the table, before looked up at the array of flat screens arrayed around her letting her see panoramic view of the meeting room. Irritated at others for the very crime she was guilty of, of attending not truly in person.

The situations for her homeworld were not tenable, not in the least, but her world was doing what it could for the chosen form of government and could only hope for being safely secured for the future due to that self-same contribution. Make yourself invaluable and they had to protect you. After all Rodia was threatened by the Eternal Empire, being near to their actual border and nominally imperiled by the Eternal treaties with the Bothans and Hutts.

Supreme Commander Kre'frey cleared his throat to bring the meeting to order. "Tomorrow is Empire Day, and, if Palpatine's word is to be believed, the start of the Great War. It goes without saying that the information I present today is of utmost secrecy, known to no more than twelve individuals across the galaxy outside of this room." He nodded at Feyna, Winter, Isolder, and Nola, remembering their desperate effort to save Coruscant fifteen years ago; his survival had been an afterthought, but notwithstanding his homeworlds ambivalence he remained loyal to the cause - and had even been subject to Bothan assassination attempts.

Traest Kre'frey, New Republic Supreme Commander was displayed on her screen beneath his face.

He swallowed. "The deployments of the New Republic Defence Fleet."

The galactic map showed up, with crimson for the New Republic, and lighter shades of red for their allies in the Remnant and Hapan space. Similarly, the Empire of the Hand was light blue and the Eternal Empire was green, and the Bothans and Hutts differentiated with differing greens. Doman spoke up before Kre'frey continued. "All questions to the end, please."

"The First and Sixth Fleets hold in the Core, ready to defend any key world within it - and patrol the border with the Eternal Fleet in the Corellian Sector." He was of course referring to Nubia, which remained an enemy bridgehead into the sector. "The Second Fleet is following the ‘invasion corridor’ - the trail of worlds that Director Dif Scaur and New Republic Intelligence has ferreted out of Yuuzhan Vong infiltrators - all who killed themselves rather be captured."

So far so good.

"The Third and Fifth Fleet patrol the Outer Rim, prepared to reinforce the Second as necessary, while the Fourth Fleet is positioned at Balmorra, protecting its battle droid, munition and defence platform production." Many worlds were now shielded by Balmorran products, including Hosnian Prime itself. It was a key system due to its dedication to the coming war. "The Fourth is also on standby to defend the Colonies in general."

"The Seventh Fleet defends Kuat with the SSD Guardian and Star Defender Krakana." Senator Viqi Shesh smiled at that. Isolder nodded at the confirmed location of a Hapan contribution. Kre'frey mentioned the second donated fleet shortly thereafter. "The Eighth Fleet holds at Hosnian Prime with the Star Defender Viscount, defending the Senate and our capital. Last but not least, the Ninth Fleet holds at the Bilbringi Shipyards, peering into the Unknown Regions as well, even as, separately, the Star Defender Bounty defends Mon Calamari."

Well, that was disappointing ... it was too late to change anything anyway. The invasion was to start tomorrow after all if Palpatine was to be believed.

But before they could say a word, a protocol droid stepped in.

"A thousand apologies Chancellor, Queen Mother, Head of State, Vice Chancellor, Senators -"

"Just get to it," grumbled Isolder.

"The Yuuzhan Vong have arrived."

"Well there's something. Palpatine lied, how dare a big bad Emperor actually not keep his word whilst attempting genocide." She muttered, adding to what would be most likely lost in the crowds murmur and the continued message from the droid.

The droid spoken the words into the Advisory Council.

"This report has been corroborated by General Han Solo from Vector Prime, who arrived at Atorias in advance of their forces. High Command has presently not allocated any ships to Artorias, but has already ordered the Third and Fifth to meet the Second at Garqi."

Of course that Neimoidian representative was making a private request. Representative didn't even properly represent the majority demographic of region, sometimes she wondered about the progress they had all made when such things as this were allowed to happen. As was she knew no matter her own constituents contributions to the navy Corellia would be the hub of protection despite it's ability to establish its own independent fleet of protection for their region.

"The war is upon us then and a mere day early. I fear we focus on one enemy ahead of us and have left our flank far too exposed. One fleet on firm standing near the Eternal Empire at an Coreward juncture will not help if they sweep through the Mid Rim or Expansion Regions. The enemy is at our gates fellow Senators, and we have more than the Core and the Colonies to concern ourselves with." She passionately stated before muting her mic once more. Sitting imperiously waiting for whatever else this body might protest.

TAG: @JediMasterAnne x 2, @Narancia, @Sinrebirth

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2021
  21. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

IC: Qwi Xux, Beaumont Kin, Ship

Fifteen glorious years together. And Qwi could not have asked for a better partner.

And who knew I would be leading a revolution, that me and him would be leaders of basically a tribe of light side warriors.

Fifteen years since her former lover Pascale Rouser had died and she and her new partner Beaumont Kin had crashed here aboard her yacht Firenze.

And of course ten years since the revolution had started and a chance encounter with Ship. A few years after that the being known as the Orphan died and Qwi wondered when Ship would return. Or maybe Palpatine would come looking for them.

Turned out it for Ship would be today.

Qwi had slowly woken up, naked as always next to her partner, still basking in the warmth of last night which was...exsqusite. Days were of course busy but nights were always the best, it was when she and Beaumont would have some quality time.

And she was definitely awake when Ship started thought yelling. Beaumont fell out of bed and Qwi sat up the covers pooling around her naked waist.

That's rude she sent to Ship you know you could be polite and not YELL.

I did tell you though did I not? The Orphan has gone, the bond broken. Meanwhile ours has grown stronger and we initiated an insurrection which drove the Sith away, they are not in the numbers you saw before.

So if you are looking for Sith you will find few here. The light won.

Ship growled.

For now.

“It’s always for now,” Beaumont replied, a bit sassily. “But it matters that we won now. Before the Emperor can find us and make an army out of Kesh.”

“We’ll get off this planet and oppose him and you’ll. take. us.” He held Qwi’s hand as he reached out with the Force.

He’ll do no such thing.

A harsh voice rolled between their connection. It was one they knew; Grand Lord Vol had survived until now. Nobody had been sure, but here he was - in the middle of their conversation with Ship.

Qwi had to smile at Beaumont's fiestyness, it looked some of her had rubbed off on him.

She held his hand feeling their bond surge as they reached out together and then an unwelcome voice joined their conversation.

Who said you could join in Lord Vol? She thought Ship is talking to us and we are the stronger pair. Please do us a favour and stay out of this conversation.

She focused solely on Ship you see what power we possess, our light is stronger than any darkness. Palpatine may have returned but he needs amn alien army to do his bidding. One day all tyrants will fall and Palpatine is no different.

So once again. You. Will. Take. Us.

Ship obeyed, and in their minds eyes, he dove into orbit and headed their way.

In response, Lord Vol snorted. You may be stronger in-theory, but we Sith have planned for your defeat. As he spoke, other entities joined the meld, and the Sith strength increased. You will take us.

In their minds eye again, Ship deviated for the mountains.

Beaumont grimaced and reached for the door in-spite of his minimal clothing, and called outside the room. "Send a messenger to the mountain blockade! They are to advance immediately. The Lost Tribe is trying to escape!" The loss of life would be immense, which was why they'd not done so before now, but they couldn't risk the Sith getting off-world.

Lord Vol cackled.

This was not looking good at all, Ship was about to head off to pick up the darksiders and the Sith were beginning to make their plans to escape and cause chaos along the way.

Would the blockade hold?

"We have to dig deep, all of us" said Qwi determined "We have to do everything we can to make sure the darksiders never get off. Because if they do, Palpatine may have more warriors to join in. And we cannot let the galaxy suffer more than it is about to".

She reached deep down inside herself as deep as she could go, gripping Beaumont's hand tight. She could feel the warmth of the bond spread through her skin and she reveled in the lightness of it all.

They had to all be united against the Sith.

She thought at Ship if you join them they will treat you like the Orphan did and you will be broken. Join us and we will take care of you.

Towards the Sith intruding on the bond she thought you are not welcome, head back into your stronghold and stay there. You will not escape.

Hopefully the Protectors were picking up what was going on and would help.

Beaumont reached out to the Protectors, and they reciprocated, some initially alarmed but plenty pouring in their help. The Sith redoubled their efforts, and Ship began to zig-zag between their control before -

"It's down," Beaumont said, eyes wide. He reached for his clothes and rushed back into them. "Halfway between us and the mountain -"

His alarm shone in the Force, in their meld -

So now it was a race, get there before the Sith did and hopefully it would be their ticket off this place.

Fail and the Sith would have a chance to get out.

Qwi scrambled out of bed picking up her discarded clothes and Rax's cloak and quickly getting dressed. She could feel Beaumont's emotions coming off him in waves.

"We'll need backup" she said simply "No doubt the Sith will bring as many as they can and we will need to do the same. Strength in numbers"

She tiptoed up and kissed him "You know I hoped we were done with these Sith but alas they keep coming back. I know we have built a good Tribe on this world but I guess it's time to step out into that big bad galaxy again".

Qwi took his hand "We won't let them have it".

He squeezed her hand too, as he appeared out of his shirt, one Keshiri woven. Beaumont leaned forward and kissed her. “I know we won’t.”

There was chaos outside the door as the Protectors rallied themselves, mounting up Uvak and creatures of burden. “We’re taking an Uvak right?”

He checked their lightsabers, even though they weren’t brilliant hands at them, at least the Crystals within them - a special breed called Lignan - powered themselves. He lightly tossed hers to her.

Qwi caught her lightsaber. She still couldn't get used to the fact she was wielding one.

"Of course" she said with a smile before popping her lightsaber in a pocket and pulling her hood up "Let's ride" she said with determination.

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  22. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Kyp Durron, Adalia Tehanis
    Yavin 4 - disused Jedi Temple.

"So, who wants to go after the Twin Emperors, who wants to go the Front, and who wants to head up the Palpatine Hit Squad?"

Kyp sat quietly listening from Yavin 4, his concentration only being dragged by the presence just out of the Holographic’s range. When Corran asked the question, he lowered his gaze and attempted to hide the smirk before looking back. There were options and they were clear by Corran’s clear minded obvious question. He glanced at his partner with a raised eyebrow, asking the question.

Adalia leaned against a window frame eating a delicious piece of chocolate cake, she stopped as he looked to her mouthing ‘What?’ after swallowing a mouthful.

He sighed looking directly at her with the question clearly in his mind. ‘Where?’

Adalia began to lick the last of the chocolate off her fingers and shrugged. “Front sounds good,” she said finishing her job.

He gave his head a shake, beautiful and a little disgusting all in one. He turned back to the Holographic transmitter. “I’ll take the Front.”

He attempted to listen but decided it best to get plans in motion and took his leave, disconnecting the equipment and sitting back to look at her. “Are you good there?”

“It’s my birthday! I had bake my own kriffin’ cake, I might as well eat it alone!” She snorted before heading to the tiny kitchen they’d created in the remains of the previous Base. She began to toss things around.

Kyp sighed again. He knew she was upset about her birthday; they were stuck in the middle of nowhere and there’d been no party, no friends, and from him, no gift. She was pissed. He got up and followed her. “I’ve explained to you…”

“And I’ve told you, you knew we were coming here and its not like I move my birthday around to bug you!” She tossed a dirty bowl into the sink. “Excuse me if I clean up the mess, I made making my cake.”

He walked over to the sink and picked the bowl up. “I’ll wash up, you go to the sitting room and relax, have another piece, think about where you just chose for us to go.” He said evenly filling the small sink with water. “The Front, the war, the very heart of the war.” With a bit of soap, he began to clean the bowl. “Get that in to your head and work out how you plan to see your next birthday while you’re at it.”

Adalia pursed her lips and grunted brushing past him, making sure to knock him, and stormed out. She hated when he was right.

He allowed a small smile; she’d calm down now and by the time he’d finished the dishes she’d have all the star maps and details of the Vong attack and who was where laid out for him to assess. They worked well, despite what others thought.

TAG @darthhelinith @Sinrebirth @darthbernael @TheSilentInfluence

23. CosmoHender

CosmoHender Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2016
    OOC: Combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Barriss

In another room of their humble home, Barriss was looking upon a picture of herself with her wife and their adopted daughter Luminara. The picture had been taken many years ago, before their daughter had moved out to get married and have a family of her own. She still visited regularly though and remained close with her two mothers. But what Barriss was drawn to the most in the picture was the smile on her younger self's face. Barriss could still remember how happy she was back then. And she was she was still happy now. Despite everything, Barriss had found someone to grow old with. She had also found purpose on Nadiem. Not just as a mother or a grandmother, but also as a healer, a farmer, and a storyteller. Barriss had a place in this community, she had a home. She knew she was lucky and she was grateful for it.

Barriss heard her wife calling out to her from the kitchen and she went to her. The so-called Great War had started, though Barriss had no intention of fighting in it. It had been long since she had sworn off violence. After Order 66, she had discarded her lightsaber and even cut herself off from the Force. She wanted nothing to do with the Jedi or the Force, a decision that she had still stood by decades later despite the occasional regret. It was that decision and Zara's influence that helped Barriss heal from her trauma, though the scar of her past never completely went away. Though it wasn't just her trauma that had kept Barriss from involving herself in things of galactic consequence, but it was also a belief that she had failed as a Jedi. She may have been forgiven, but her actions under the influence of the dark side during the Clone Wars had never been forgotten and they still haunted Barriss. She was once again grateful for Zara, who accepted Barriss even after she was told everything. Barriss honestly thought that the larger galaxy was better off without her, since she was not fit to be one of its heroes. Her place was here on Nadiem with her family, where she would remain.

"He'll lose in the end," Barriss said confidently to her wife. "Palpatine, I mean. There will always be people to stop the likes of him. There will always be heroes and champions of the light."

And she was not one of them, something that Barriss had made peace with. After Order 66, she had wandered the galaxy trying to figure out who she was if she wasn't a Jedi. Her wandering led her to Nadiem, where she got her answer. Her life was here, not fighting in one of the countless conflicts that have taken place since the Clone Wars. She wasn't too worried about Palpatine's return, truthfully. Two Cold Wars and two Civil Wars had very little effect on Nadiem, which like Barriss hadn't been pulled into a conflict since the Clone Wars. Why should Palpatine's return be any different?

At least that's what Barriss hoped. She wanted things to stay as they were. She was happy and she didn't want to lose that. But a part of her still feared that she would, even if she tried to hide that fear...

After all, Barriss was right. Although the Battle of Nadiem had been devastating upon the planet, it had been a blip, and people had recovered. To think that it had been fifty years ago now. Zara prepared the meal, absently listening as the HoloNews ramped up speculation that the Yuuzhan Vong would attack multiple worlds across the northern border, and wondered as to the Mandalorian and Imperial response - and the response of Grand Admiral Thrawn and his Empire of the Hand to the incursion.

Zara smiled, and nodded. "I'm glad you're right. It's been pretty messy out there, I am pretty sure it won't reach here."

She placed down a utensil. "But should we plan in-case it does? It's an alien invasion, after all - notwithstanding Palpatine, I doubt they'll act like we expect?"

"I've been planning an evacuation route, just in case," Barriss told her wife. "If the invasion does come here, I have a ship that's ready and several places we can go." Though she wasn't too worried about the war, Barriss was no fool. She still prepared for the worst case scenario, not wanting to risk losing her family.

Barriss sat down at the table, listening to the HoloNews. She knew that the invasion wasn't her fight, even if she was to join she wouldn't be much help since it had been decades since she had held a lightsaber. She was too old, too out of practice. Best to leave stopping Palpatine to those who were capable.

Zara watched Barriss carefully. "Ever the prepared one. Was that ship an escape plan, years in the making?" She gently teased, before turning to look at the screen. "Do you still want to intervene, and fight the good fight, after all these years?"

Barriss shook her head at the question. "You know me. I'm not a fighter, not anymore. I know where I need to be most right now. With you, of course. And our family. I left the war. I have no intention of rejoining it."

Zara laid plates out on the kitchen counter. "As long as you’re okay with that. It's easy to stand still when the galaxy is, and it's not as if the last two wars lasted all that long - a week each time?" A shrug. "But this looks likely to last a lot longer than that. Maybe even longer than the Clone Wars."

And the Clone Wars only lasted three years, Barriss thought to herself. Though they felt a lot longer...

"Let's talk about something else," Barriss said, wanting to change the subject. "There's only so much conversation about Palpatine that I take at once..."

She tried not to think about it, but Barriss couldn't help but remember that it was Palpatine who was responsible for all the trauma that had left her broken for the longest time. It was Palpatine that had engineered the Clone Wars and Order 66 had been his scheme. Palpatine had ruined her life once before, so she couldn't help but worry that he would ruin her life once again and take away everything she cared about. It scared her, though she tried to hide her fear from Zara.

Unfortunately, Zara knew her too well and Barriss could not hide her feelings from her wife.

Fortunately, the news announced something to change the topic, and unfortunately the interruption was about local news.

"We're getting reports that the Bimmisaari and other worlds in the neighboring Halla Sector has announced its secession from the New Republic in the face of, and I quote, 'indolence towards the crimes of the Eternal Empire'. Jabiim has also made the selfsame declaration."

'Neighboring' was relative but it was a lot closer to home than Zara liked. "Secession? Separatists in our backyard?"

Barriss sighed in frustration. The last thing that she needed in her life right now were more Separatists. She shook her head.

"Fools," she muttered. "This is the worst possible time that they could have chosen to secede from the New Republic, with the galaxy at the brink of war and being threatened by invasion. More division isn't going to help the state of things. Don't they realize that secession from the Republic is how this all started back during the Clone Wars? If it wasn't for that we wouldn't have had the wars since. Idiots..."

It wasn't good. More reports rung in - the Hutts and Bothans declared for the new 'Confederation', which was half a word from the Confederacy. Zara looked worried. "Those are Eternal Empire allies - they're seceding from both factions?"

This had the potential to be messier than not. What was already a complicated situation was going to get much worse with all these secessions. Barriss' old enemy was back, and at the worst possible time as she said.

Barriss shook her head. "You'd think that people would realize that Palpatine is the biggest threat and that he wants his enemies divided, but no."

At this point, she wanted to turn the HoloNews off. There seemed to be no good news coming in today. Though she didn't say it out loud, she knew this meant that things were going to get worse before they got better.

Zara nodded, sensing what Barriss thought. "I think I'm done. It's not as if it'll be relevant to us. Nadiem isn't important - that's the best bit about it." She switched off the feed.

"We may as well just dig in and get on with our lives." She smiled at Barriss and reached out to squeeze her hand, eyes as beautiful the day they met.

Barriss squeezed Zara's hand as well, smiling softly. Zara was right, Nadiem wasn't important. At least not to the rest of the galaxy. But to Barriss, it was everything. And right now she was looking at one of the reasons why.

Barriss leaned closer to her wife and kissed her on the lips. "Yes," she agreed. "Our life."

Barriss had made mistakes in her past, poor choices that she regretted. But ultimately they had led her here, to Nadiem and her family. They had a life together and Barriss didn't think she would give it up for anything. After Order 66, she didn't think that something like this would be possible for her. However, she had been very fortunate. And now she was... content.

"I love you."

24. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Senator Nola Deidder and Queen Mother Feyna Organa-Chume
    Advisory Council meeting with Hosnian Prime, transmitting from New Nubia, and the Fountain Palace at Hapes, respectively

But of course Palpatine had lied about the date.

Not that one day would have really made any difference, Nola thought; the New Republic was as prepared as it could be. Nine fleets, five thousand ships each, dispersed throughout the galaxy, and some systems had their own besides, such as Corellia, Commenor, Kashyyyk, and Hapes.

Neither Rodan, nor Sal-Solo, thankfully, sat on the advisory council--though whether the Chancellor could still speak for Corellia was debatable, given Sal-Solo's rather strained relations with the rest of the Senate.

New Nubia was doing all right for itself, located in the Loretto system, on the Hydian Way, aside from that rough first year. But they still didn't yet have the resources or economic strength to raise their own fleet. The Hydian was not as heavily patrolled as the Perlemian, and Loretto was actually not far from Eternal Empire territory, but they fell within the First and Sixth Fleets' jurisdictions. And the Vong had a ways to go before they reached the Core.

But just because New Nubia wasn't immediately threatened, didn't mean Nola wasn't concerned about the worlds already coming under attack.

The Neimoidian representative--a young human, probably just coming of age--made some request for additional protection for his world (though before the news of the invasion had broken, at least), and the Rodian Senator expressed concern over the Eternal Empire.

Fair point; Skelm-Sistros-Graul, whatever-you-call-him, might try to take advantage of the New Republic's focus on the Yuuzhan Vong, as an opportunity to make his own move. They had three fleets moving toward the invasion point, surely that was enough for now. Palpatine wasn't going to throw everything he had in the first wave, after all. The New Republic had six other fleets besides, but they'd had five during the Second Civil War (granted, the number of ships per fleet was smaller back then) and had barely gotten by.

"Do we have any reports on the size of the attacking fleets?" Nola glanced between Kre'frey and the droid.

Feyna gave a small nod, wondering the same thing. Hapes was likewise nowhere near the hot-spots, nor was New Alderaan, and the former had its own fleet.

Her main concerns were on a more personal level, though she wouldn't show or voice them here--were Han and Ben okay? Would they be able to get out?

She found her husband's hand and squeezed gently--presently they were alone in their private office; given the sensitivity of this particular meeting, her advisors and staff had been dismissed while the council was in session. Kalen and Rosara were attending lessons with their tutors, but they wouldn't have been allowed in any case.

Feyna didn't look forward to telling her children that Ben and Uncle Han were in trouble. They'll be all right, she told herself, trying to be optimistic. Han had gotten himself out of all kinds of scraps before, and Ben did have some Jedi training. They'll be okay.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @Mitth_Fisto @Narancia also mention for @Jerjerrod-Lennox

25. AgentViper007

Mar 9, 2005

IC: Admiral Lennox Jerod, Grand Admiral Thrawn

Another skirmish and another test for Lennox.

The Eternal Empire did so love to test the Empire of the Hand. Time and time again they tried but Jerod and his fleet fended them off. It seemed they were intent on dipping a toe into the Unknown.

Well they won't be getting it on my watch.

Lennox was fully dedicated to the job, first the Galactic Empire then the Empire of the Hand, he would even say he was married to it. He had had no relationships in his life at all, he was fully immersed in keeping the order in the chaos.

He was Thrawn's protege, most people knew it which gained him friends, competitors and even enemies. But his tactical genius shone through and even at the age of fifty eight he did wonder if he would be fit enough to leave should Thrawn decide not to.

Lennox was, after all, nearly hitting the age where most normal people would consider retirement.

He would also have to name a successor at some point. His loyal crew aboard the Roadblock had plenty of potential. But he couldn't think about that now. First to business.

The comm officer reported that Thrawn himself was on the line and Lennox nodded to put him through. However a transmission from the New Republic also came through.

The Great War had begun.

The fleet had trained for this, they were ready. They had to be. As Thrawn's hologram asked him to report thousands of ships arrived in system. All of them Vong.

"Sir" he said, his stoic face showing no emotion "It seems we have a rather big Yuuzhan Vong fleet just arriving, numbering in the thousands. It seems Palpatine wants to smash us before we have even poked our head out of our territory".

He studied the sensors "We also have flagships and a worldship as well. They outnumber us well and truly".

Thrawn's voice was neutral. "I will have ships sent your way, and place the Empire of the Hand on alert. I won't be able to join you for twenty hours." Jerod's fleet was decent sized, but this was excessive. The rest of the Admiralty was on the feed, and Ara'lani looked considerably less emotionless than Thrawn.

"Admiral Fel, please take what ships you have from Nirauan and advance." Soontir saluted, and cut the channel.

He had forty-five Chiss Star Destroyers under his command, with the attached escorts. It wasn't enough to do much, but more than nothing. "Tell me what you're seeing, Admiral Jerod," Thrawn said quietly, as the others got to their tasks of bringing the fleet up to full readiness.

The initial advance was two coral warship analogs down the middle, and a half-as-big-again battleship analog on either flank. Behind each of those three probes was an oblate carrier analog and a dozen gunships a piece, with five cruisers and destroyers bringing up the rear. A plague of gravity anomalies filled the area, and one of the larger 'Grand Cruisers', complete with a trio of warship escorts and seven small corvette analogs, was pushing around the edge of the system.

Fighter analogs, pickets and gunboats were on their way, preceding the attack force, even as the majority of the fleet held to a single formation; they seemingly wanted to pick a fight with Jerod but not at the expense of their overall strength.

So at least Fel was coming but still the Vong fleet was massive compared to Jerod's five thousand ships. He could take a whole planet with ease, maybe even an Eternal fleet. But this? This was overkill by the Vong.

They must be planning something big. To amass this number within a fleet…

Jerod spoke calmly to Thrawn "The main fleet seem to be maintaining formation this seems to include the grand cruisers and the bigger ships. I'm not sure if the massive worldship has moved with them yet. "

"Several ships including one of the grand cruisers seem to be moving towards the edge of the system. Therefore I deduce that they will either jump separately or the whole formation could all jump together".

"Meanwhile the smaller ships, the fighters and such are heading our way, presumably to take us out before we warn anyone. Gravitic anomalies are everywhere so they are acting like one great big interdiction field. If we try to send even one ship they will automatically be pulled back out".

"Roadblock and the fleet stand ready, we may be able to take the smaller ships out but if the main fleet turns on us we will not last long".

Thrawn nodded slowly, eyes narrowed. "It's a feint, not something the Yuuzhan Vong are renowned for."

He even held his chin, and after a moment his eyes blazed. "Their true goal involves that Grand cruiser and it's escorts. Prepare a detachment to pursue it, no less than six Star Destroyers. The force that has been sent directly into combat with you is too simultaneously too large to ignore, and too small to do anything but pin you down. The worldship will hold position and retreat."

"The Yuuzhan Vong - their art speaks volumes to me, Jerod. Have the main fleet hold position until Fel arrives, and make sure that task force is prepared to follow the Grand." Thrawn hesitated. "I leave it to you to decide the makeup of the offshoot save for as defined... but I imagine wherever the Yuuzhan Vong are more interested in is of greater importance than the Empire of the Hand."

Lennox tapped his chin taking in what Thrawn was saying, absorbing it and thinking about who he should send. There were plenty of ships to choose from. Of course these ships were part of the medium and larger ships of the fleet as the smaller ones were focusing on him.

He would have to stay with the main fleet to keep Fel up to speed and help him once he arrived. His Star Destroyer Captain’s were more than capable of working and holding their own in something like this. And if they called for assistance hopefully help would be at hand, well if this fleet moved away fully. Lennox was still keeping an eye on the smaller ships heading towards him.

“I will send four star destroyers along with an interdictor and some of the Vindicators, Carracks and Strikers. So we can keep all bases covered as they will no doubt launch fighters. But I am as surprised as you that the Vong would even attempt a feint. But then again if we are not the true target then I would hazard a guess as to where they could head. Either New Republic, Imperial Remnant or maybe even Eternal Empire territory”.

He waved at the comm officer to issue orders to those selected ships of the fleet to prepare for pursuit “The former Emperor will want to take control back and the Eternal Empire is probably the greatest threat with two Sith as Emperors. Competition as it were. The New Republic is not what it once was, neither is the Imperial Remnant. At present he is not so interested in us, however that could change. The fleet here proves that he could select us as first targets if he thinks we will become the greater threat”.

“Especially if he finds out about Starkiller”

Thrawn paused. “Succinct analysis, Admiral. The deployment you suggest should be sufficient for you to ascertain the enemy's true intention.”

The numbers finally settled on the size of the Yuuzhan Vong fleet. One thousand capital ships and nine thousand escorts. It slowly but surely pointed to a full breakdown of every grouping. There was uniformity in the chaos.

For every battleship there was a warship analog, for two warships there were five destroyers and five star cruiser analogs. For every warship there was a carrier analog and a half.

In twenty Yuuzhan Vong capital ships there were thus:

2 battleship analogs
    2 warship analogs
    5 Destroyer analogs
    5 cruiser analogs
    3 carrier analogs

The remaining three capital ships were variations on the Destroyers and Cruisers; two destroyers with double cones that were potentially specific Interdictor design, and a light cruiser, identifiable as a younger variant of the larger. There were isolated instances of oversized cruisers, which appeared to be bulbous and command ships of some kind as well.

The rest was given over to frigates and corvettes in a 1:2 ratio, bringing up the total in any one grouping to two hundred ships - twenty capital ships, sixty frigates, one twenty corvettes. Gunships and picket analogs were grouped as frigates or corvettes.

Thrawn explained. “Attempt to defeat this probe with the smallest possible force. We need more data before I can see an order of battle.” He was referring to the two hundred ships currently bearing down on his frontline - a single Yuuzhan Vong attack group.

His brow beetled.

“It may be that the Vong commander is attempting to understand us as much as we are.”

He was trusting Jerod to win without overwhelming firepower, which would teach Thrawn nothing. As they spoke, the smaller Imperial force detached and headed after the Grand cruiser and escorts in now a less-than-subtle rush.

The sensor officers of the fleet must have been busy as the designations of the fleet began to pop up as well as groupings. It seemed the escorts were mostly medium and small ships and there were greater numbers of them than the larger ships.

And two interdictors as well so Jerod and his remaining ships couldn't run for now. He wished the group heading off a speedy and safe journey and to report once they followed the breakaway group.

"Yes sir" he said simply to Thrawn, Lennox then started giving orders out "Bring forward another star destroyer, two or three Vindicators and some of the Carracks and Lancers. Put all fighters on standby. If they launch fighters we will need to match them"

"Hold until they are at minimal range and then fire in a scatter pattern. They will need to focus their energy on shielding not speed".

The two battleships and two warships analogs began to batter the advancing Star Destroyers, which took it but shields were taxed. However the cruisers and other Hand escorts dominated their smaller enemies, as the Yuuzhan Vong had weaker frigates and corvettes. The three carriers released a storm of coral fighters - twelve squadrons each - just after the Vindicators brought their guns to bear on the larger enemy ships.

“Sir, we can’t match those bigger capital ships without escorts,” chimed in damage control. The Vindicators allowed them their fire do damage, but the ships had to shift to fighter defence -

So as much as their escorts were lacking, the enemy's capital ships were far more powerful. Thrawn didn’t say a word, focusing upon the splinter force.

Otherwise, Jerod had his reserves, and so did the Vong commander. The five Destroyer and five Star Cruiser analogs slid forward to protect the now escort-less carriers, and began launching long range fire at Jerod -

“Brace!”

There was a detonation and the shields were severely taxed -

The Lancers rolled forward and broke up the larger fighter formations and allowed the escorts to open fire on the largest enemy ships but there were fourteen capital ships firing at them now -

Roadblock now had the Vong's attention and now they were shifting trying to bring up the more medium class ships as the smaller ships were beginning to lose out.

"Bring up the Dreadnaughts" Jerod commanded they needed more firepower against these ships which meant they had to bring more of the heavy hitters in "Perhaps anybody who wishes to come up and play escort would be useful".

"Launch fighters, those Vindicators need help and the Lancers are busy. All destroyers and cruisers we need to take out those larger ships before we lose our shields".

Two Dreadnaught heavy cruisers moved up and immediately joined the two Destroyers, savaging a Destroyer analog, especially as the Vindicators were freed up from the fighter craft. A coral cruiser took damage but they were still two Star Destroyers and a handful of heavy cruisers against sixteen massive ships.

But no fighters broke through their coral equivalents to join the assault on the capital ships, which they should have been.

Thrawn cast his eyes to their fighter craft, who were struggling. The coral ships had gravity defences and heavier weapons, and without the Lancer frigates they wouldn’t be surviving at all. “Interesting.”

The Yuuzhan Vong capital ships rallied as the imperilled Destroyer and cruiser exploded, the two battleship analogs turned on a Dreadnaught and battered it into debris. The warship analogs moved closer to the Star Destroyers and their shields began to drain away -

Then the Grand cruiser and three warship escorts made it into hyperspace. Thrawn watched the main force, which began to turn away from the engagement, leaving its feinting task force which had local superiority of course. “So the secondary force was more important than the primary. Pursuit?” His voice was mild.

Jerod was on the comm already "Pursuit group follow that breakaway group. Let's see where they are off to"

Roadblock was now taking more hits now that the medium ships were beginning to get through " Lancers and fighters kept on the opposing fighters and lighter ships. We will need at least a few more medium and heavier ships, keep the interdictors in reserve, this group is going nowhere"

He rested his hands atop his batons both nestled in holsters on both hips.

"These ships are tough even for medium ships. Their firepower is impressive but let's see how they handle this...."

"Bring a further two star destroyers and a further two dreadnaughts and Vindicator's but try to see if we can flank the group and box them in"

"Bring up more medium escorts too" he added before turning to Thrawn "The main fleet is on the move, looks like they could be jumping too".

Indeed the main fleet jumped, abandoning the smaller force. The Yuuzhan Vong were now outnumbered, but they kept fighting, the oblate carriers exploding in a chain, and after that the coral fighters knew they could not escape. They accelerated into ramming charges at the Hand forces -

“No hyperdrives on their fighter analogs,” Thrawn commented. He also apprised some data off-screen. “Have coordinates for the breakaway fleet. The Mobus system? That’s deep in our territory, and empty - a gravity sinkhole.” His eyes scanned the information. “A gas giant acquired a new moon twenty years ago?”

At that Thrawn actually frowned, as Jerod’s attack force was battered by suicide runs. The data also confirmed that the armada was retreating to the Shramar system... inside Imperial Remnant space?

"Concentrate all fire on those fighters" Lennox ordered as the fighters began suicide runs "Anybody that no longer needs to be there back off, this battle is done".

Roadblock had taken damage and he had lost ships. Any loss hurt Jerod, there were good men and women on those ships, men and women that could have been used fully for the war ahead.

But indeed you did lose people in war and it was only just beginning.

"The main fleet is heading towards Imperial Remnant space so either they have already taken that space or the Imperial Remnant is in for a nasty shock. That fleet will tear any defences and ships they have apart. Classic shock and awe tactics".

"In regards to the breakaway fleet, if that gas giant acquired a moon there twenty years ago it must be important to them for some reason. They would not depart for an empty sinkhole in space without good reason. Yes it is deep within our territory but as we have seen there is a method to the Vong's purpose".

Thrawn hesitated. “Admiral Jerod, I want you to personally follow the breakaway force. I’ll send backup, but you’ll at least be able to take the same hyper-route.”

The remaining ships present fought, and fought, but died. It was going to take a while, but they had no chance, and were seemingly determined to spite the Hand forces. As much as they were likely learning from Jerod, they were also teaching too. Letting them know that Yuuzhan Vong never, ever surrendered.

“And package up your data; I intend to send it to Bakura, Hosnian Prime, Bastion and Mandalore... possibly Hapes and Corellia, too.” Thrawn’s words raised some eyebrows across Jerod’s bridge.

"Yes sir" Lennox replied to both requests. He wasn't going to head out into the galaxy just yet, but he was about to chase the Vong to potentially maybe an important place.

There was no point in taking his whole fleet and as Thrawn had said the force he had sent would be sufficient enough to tackle that group. And he was sending backup. And Jerod had backup here too so long as his fleet didn't move too far away.

And at least he wasn't following the very large fleet.

Why Thrawn was sending Jerod's data to everyone was vexing though. But orders were orders.

"Package all data and send it to the Chimaera" he ordered "The remaining fleet ships will wait here for Fel. Calculate the jump to hyperspace using the coordinates that the pursuit fleet managed to get".

He looked to the Grand Admiral "I will take Roadblock and follow as ordered. If I can find out the mystery of why the Vong went there I will contact you".

Thrawn nodded. “Report in as soon as you arrive, Admiral, I need data. If Palpatine has knowledge of how the Yuuzhan Vong were beaten in the former timeline - presumably - then there is a likelihood he’s striking out at threats to him early.”

At that, he cut out, and the last of the Yuuzhan Vong here died.

Everyone had learned a great deal.

There were no pleasantries from the Grand Admiral, no niceties. He was trusting his protege to get the job done.

And it involved being one step ahead of the enemy.

There was not much more to say, everyone had their orders and the fighters that Roadblock herself had launched, those that survived had returned back. Lennox just had to hope the pursuit fleet had not been battered by the time they got there.

Roadblock moved up and away from the main fleet before locking on the coordinates and then jumping into hyperspace.

Onto the next battle.