main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars OPEN Star Wars: Episode XI: THE HIDDEN TEMPLE - follow up to the 2021 RPF Award winning game!

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Dec 25, 2021.

1. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager VIP - Game Winner

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: Double post approved by GM, fun discussion combo with Sinrebirth and Mitth_Fisto

IC: Atin-Kot, Zeseem, and Vao
    Arkinnea, aftermath

Leaning on the shortened staff, Atin-Kot glanced up as the Vennik Jedi Master approached him and Zeseem. There was still a need to rest and recover his energy but the question made him chuckle. He looked over at his battle brother, snorting slightly before he looked back at Vao. ”I believe, to my brother and I, that was a ssskirmisssh. It hasss been eonsss sssinccce we got to truly fight. War wasss and isss our life.”

Honestly he would have preferred to find out if any of his kind existed anymore. Even in his time he was one of the last but it seemed the galaxy needed the strength of Jedi warriors once more. Sighing, he straightened, feeling the creaking in his joints. ”Well, brother, into which cauldron of thisss war ssshall we asssssisssst?” he asked, gaze turning to face Zeseem once more.

Smiling at his brother's response he nodded, his head-tails twitched in a mild mirth as he tasted the emotions of those present. "Into the one we are dropped of course!" he spoke in jest, but also with all seriousness. He had no clue and what better than the one that the Force presented?

"It was a skirmish, war is now my life." he sighed, "I used to be a librarian of sorts. Never left the temple until Revan and that mission. I studied and taught for war - so it has in a way dominated my life and now if blessed to see an end to some portion of my life."

Vao nodded solemnly. "Many decades have I lost to this war, I do indeed understand."

He leaned heavily, worn hard by his life. "The Jedi Council is coming to the conclusion that this war will not end unless we throw all of our weight into it. Commit fully to the cause."

Atin-Kot’s eyes glowed as they narrowed in thought. ”Thingsss have changed. The Councccil of our day wanted to hide their headsss in the sssandsss rather than fight.” he replied, weary at the memory of it. ”And thossse of usss who took a ssstand or returned and assssissssted asss double agentsss were, quite often, hung out to dry, myssself included.” His eyes flared with a touch of anger at that thought.

Glancing over at his brother, ”We will help where and asss needed, it has been eonsss in ssstasssisss but our ssskillsss are cccertainly not dulled.” his reply still directed at the Council member.

Nodding he made a side slicing gesture, “We have spoken.”

Vao nodded, and bowed, deeply, at that.

"I appreciate that..." He sounded suitably grave. "The Jedi Council has sat behind the scenes for the last fifteen years - and the older among us have done so for some sixty years." Vao chuckled slightly. "The younger eggs will be flying their new TwinTails, but we, well, we shall be commanding Knights, directly or indirectly."

"A landing force will be assembled... I would ask that we each command a segment, jointly or separately..."

"Hmm." he sighed in appreciation. At least they wouldn't be useless. "Brother has a better head for such things. I'll abide how he thinks we best should be deployed." Zeseem looked at him with a widening toothy grin. They lived for this after all.

His head tilted to the side as Atin-Kot heard his brother respond. As his head returned to the vertical, he nodded. ”Hmmm, it may be bessst that Zesssseem and I work together, after all we have worked bessst when we do ssso together. We can command two ssseparate sssegments perhapsss, but bessst that they be onesss flanking each other.” he mused as he stroked his pointed chin.

His upside down lips curled into a smile, ”I do believe usss on the flanksss of our foesss forces or dropped behind them may be best, let them focus on the younger, more energetic of the Jedi asss we roll them up and force them into the younger onesss.”

Eyeing his brother Zeseem looked back at the Jedi Master he gave a raised eye message and feeling in the Force that was all too clear. See how good he is! Now you know why I left it to him.

"Twenty Jedi," Vao said. "That is what you will command. We expect there to be traditional defenses for the enemy, and you will siege them... and another element pursues the Sith... and a final one keeps busy the Tho Yor."

He shrugged. "A layered approach, but taking your command, Masters Jedi." He nodded. "A ship, you will require, and we shall hope to supply."

Zeseem looked at his brother and shrugged with a nod. Everything sounded good to him.

Even as Atin-Kot snorted slightly at the proposed battle plan he caught Zeseem’s nod.

”Well…that’sss better than sssome battle plansss I’ve known. As to these traditional defensssesss, Sssith or troopersss or both?” Whatever intel the Council would give would improve the odds, not just for him and Zeseem but those Jed they were being asked to command.

He glanced over at his brother, ”Hope to sssupply? We were brought, have no ssship of our own.” he stated with a chuckle. ”Three and a half eonsss in ssstasssisss we ssspent, ssso yesss, a ssship will be needed to get usss and our contingent to the battle.”

Zao chuckled. "We're having to arrange transport with a third party."

A slight smile. "Perhaps you could tell an old Vennik your story."

At that, the Jedi Master sat, crossing his legs.

"We have time, no doubt."

Shaking his head, Atin-Kot let his knees bend, always amused when he did so around others, the way his legs folded backward. As he sat he glanced at Zeseem. ”Well…the beginning may be a good sssstart. We both are from the time of what I believe you call the Jedi Cccivil War. I wasss one who felt that Revan and Alek, not yet Malek, were correct in what wasss needed to sssave the Republic from the Mandaloriansss.”

His eyes seemed to cloud in thought. ”I realizzzed, when thossse that had sssurvived of my kind all died, that we had gone too far. The Councccil of the time took me back asss a double agent, which meant I went back to being a Revanchrissst. My brother and I met when…” his eyes refocused, looking up at the still standing Zeseem once more ”we and othersss were tasssked with trying to retrieve Revan ssso he could be judged.”

Zeseem took a cross legged seat as story time began. Nodding at his brother's words he tried to think through his own story. And in the lull as he sat he spoke, “I was a Jedi that obeyed. I stayed at the temple but focused my studies for the war to come, instead of on the peace within.”

He looked at his brother with sadness at that simple truth, “When the war turned into a civil war I still did not leave, I still studied and began teaching. I tried to make sure others that were called to war were ready…until I was called to make way to a meeting for a secret mission where I met my brother.”

Vao nodded, slowly, recalling his histories but intrigued enough to hear it from those there. His blind gaze swept from Atin-Kot to Zeseem and back to the former for him to continue.

Atin-Kot’s lips twitched into an almost W shape, ”Thingsss did not go well, from the ssstart. At leassst one of thossse who wasss to take part never made it to the rendezzzvousss. And then the location wassss raided. We had to forccce our contact there to even get offplanet.”

His grin turned wry and his eyes glittered, ”A misssh masssh bunch, thrown together, I’m guesssssing becaussse we were available and exxxpendable, but we got free and given our misssssion. Bassstilla herssself led it.” His eyes misted for a moment in memory, of a friend long gone.

”We had to board the flagssship of our foe, disssable commssss, and capture our target, not eassssy in the midssst of a major battle.”

Zeseem stared off into the distance as Atin continued the tale, and at a pause he softly recalled more, “We were a terrible team and we lost good people. But we defeated and won in the end. Securing Revan instead of killing, keeping him asleep for the journey.” He looked back to his brother now, sadness in his eyes. Questioning if he wanted to add more to that battles history or whether or not he even wanted to talk about what had happened next.

"And then you took him back to the Jedi High Council... which was on Dantooine at the time... and they sentenced him and you all?"

The Taung’s eyes began to take on a green-yellow color as he peered at the blind Jedi before he shook his head and the yellow orbs swiveled, glancing at his brother. ”Of courssse, you looked up the recordsss…” he muttered. ”I did mention the Councccil wasss narrowminded then. Yesss, they sssentenccced usss, in their wisssdom.”

One of his long fingered hands rose, wiping his face. ”Sssome more than othersss. But, yesss, I recccieved the harssshessst punissshment for having sssuceeded in the missssssion they gave usss.”

"For dabbling in the dark side?"

Rocking forward then back up to a vertically seated position, Atin-Kot snorted. ”I did mention I wasss a Revanchrissst…but there wasss more and they did not approve of me not toeing their ssstrict and narrow line of what being on the ssside of Light wasss their view.”

Zeseem looked sorrowfully at his brother, and felt the small nag of ancient history in the back of his mind as he sighed at the words that flowed. "I was not sentenced, not for real. They passed judgment but tasked me with seeing you and the others back to the temple, to listen for a traitor. My demotion was false." he voiced the secret in a sad shake of his head tails. "I was also ordered this one's witness as well as jailor in an odd twist of fate, little did we know we would share a cell for eons."

“Due to you not returning, the Jedi excommunicated you,” Zao said solemnly. “But you were one of many in those days, after all.” He shuffled, staring at the floor. “Those Masters were all slain by the Sith, and their… hidebound approach expunged - a new, softer Order rose up, and defended the galaxy.”

His white eyes took them both in. “Your trial signified their morality had truly corrupted the Jedi Order, and a redeemed Revan showed that with love anything was possible.”

”Exxxcommunicated, yesss, a polite way of sssaying it. But my brother isss right, he wasss asssssigned asss my jailor. However, the Jedi were…blind…to what wasss beyond the war Revan and Malek brought to the Republic.” his voice was harsh, a touch of anger in it.

”We were captured, by an ancient evil. Who tortured usss for years, mindsss sssstill aware, before he, for whatever reassson sset usss in the ssstasssisss podsss the othersss found usss in.” Eyeing Zeseem again, ”Three and a half eonsss, frozzzen in ssstassiss yet our mindsss ssstil awake and aware…”

Zeseem had a soft smile play at his lips as he remembered those times. “The torture was exquisite. I’m passed missing it, or longing for it. Yet I still recall those pains fondly, the break may heal but the scar remains.” He finished with a sigh, he at least knew it was messed up, but it was what it was.

Zao smiled, drily. "One has been tortured before, I remember it well." He turned his head as if hearing something. "Come, the Council is ready for us."

Atin-Kot sighed, remembering again the last time he and Zeseem had faced a Jedi Council, millennia ago. ”Let usss sssee if what we sssuggessst is what will happen. Your Jedi ssseem lesssss hidebound than the old onesss did.” his tone was hopeful but prepared as he rose from his seated position.

Zeseem nodded with a sigh as he stood, following his brother's example. "I hope so, for I am not as amiable as I was back then, and I do not feel wariness like I once did." Tapping his cane on the ground he nodded to their guide. It was time to meet the children and see what they had made of what was left them.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto

Silvertough and Mitth_Fisto like this.
  2. adaml83

adaml83 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: Another combination of voices between @Sinrebirth and myself
    IC: Face Loran, Adam Lyons, Nadia ke Mattino, Voort saBinring

Adam sighed and hit the button to bring up the display, "Well, you finally decided to strike..." he started bringing up the data on the relative spread of Adumari forces, Hammer One was here, though parts of Hammer and Anvil Three were on their way to Adumar, same could be said the elements of other forces, though Trec's force at Waypoint Balass had the decision to make from sending anything from a range of forces towards Kamino where Snoke was, Jakku where whatever would win the war was located, or back to Adumar to make sure there was a home left possibly. Then there were the defenses at Adumar itself, which weren't insubstantial whether it was enough to stop something like Mortis he didn't know. Would Bastion be able to stop it? I'd instead rather be showing Jag our latest improvements, I hope there's a next time for that. Adam could hear Face and the med bot talk to each other briefly before heading to the cockpit. "Well if any of you have any dirty tricks, now's an absolutely fantastic time to come up with them, and yes Kell part of the plan is to use lots and lots of explosives."

Face looked back and shrugged. "I could throw everything that Galactic Alliance Intelligence can offer at Adumar, but you and I both know the real fight is going to happen at Jakku, and whatever we do to slow down that mummy Tho Yor is only going to play out if we get this over and done with."

"
    Which means getting Ben sorted, or us throwing whatever we have spare at Jakku." A slight moment of realisation. "Does Hope Station have engines, Adam? It'd make a brilliant landing craft for Jakku if so."

"Yes, the key at Adumar is to damage it enough that it spends most of its energy repairing itself. I think," he paused and looked at a display, "since the Adumari have tapped the network already, all energy should be directed towards finding exactly what we need on Jakku."

"Hope Station is gone Face, not that I think it would have been practical to take to Jakku..." he spied an update of forces gathered at Rally Point Balass, "We may not need to worry about commandos, see? The 501st in its entirety along with Halbegardian Elites. Depends on which objective is higher in Trec's mind though." Adam looked at a display, typed something quickly and then looked at Face," The Perator wants to talk to us in person and she's in a bit of a hurry."

Face grimaced. "You want me to tag along?"

Adam snickered, "Sure, you know she's going to ask about Piggy. Besides, what your people have done might end the war."

Face pulled a face. "Fine, fine." He heaved himself off the table. "I hate being stunned."

Adam looked out of the viewport and into the hangar, "They're taking Piggy to the med bay. We're also in final."

Adam landed the shuttle, shut it down, and unbuckled, "Come on let's go, in all my time dealing with the Perator, I have never seen her bite anyone."

As Adam walked down the ramp, he could see the stars outside lengthening as the group jumped into hyperspace.

Nadia welcomed both Adam and Face into her private meeting room and she looked at Face first, "I understand that you were stunned at Hope Station, so I'll keep this brief. As you can see we're playing for time and we're obviously heading toward the planet on the display behind you." Adam was keeping an eye on the display while listening to Nadia as the Battle for Adumar was ongoing. "I would ask this of the most unique Gammorean, Voort, but I know he was hurt seriously and is being moved into a bacta tank as we speak, so I will ask you. Do any of the Wraiths know what is afflicting Ben Skywalker? I don't know if anyone outside of the Tainer family even might so I have an even more important question. We have a coordinate on Jakku, would it be possible for the Wraiths to find a route there that could run around their strongest defenses to the location with places that would be relatively easy to defend?"

Voort tapped his comm on via the bacta tank. “It sounds like Force withdrawal… like Abeloth’s psychosis… no?”

Face interrupted by calling up data. “The location is dead beneath a Resurgent-class. But it looks like Reige and the Jedi and everyone else is coming for Jakku… so we’re going through, Adam.”

“Their whole garrison will be deployed, after all…” Voort said, carefully. “Adam, how about let the Jedi do the work? We can take the Wraiths in off the back of the Jedi assault…”

Adam brightened, "Piggy, you're conscious!" He glanced toward Nadia and could see that she wasn't pleased at all.

Nadia noticed that the monitor with the CMO had a note that they were looking up the treatment for that diagnosis immediately though they weren't sure if it wasn't a mutation of the disease itself. Nadia addressed the people in the room, and Piggy, "Voort there are several reasons. First the Adumari do not know that the Jedi are planning anything, much less soon. There were no Jedi at Concord Dawn, and the closest thing to a Jedi at Mon Calamari was Adam, that's two genocides that the Jedi were unwilling or unable to act."

Adam winced at the accusations not because they were false, but from a certain point of view, they were accurate. "I haven't seen Adalia or Kyp in years and the only clue that I have is Bakura." Adam also knew that her distrust of the Jedi went back to Jacen and Ben's little adventure on Adumar that helped spark the Second Galactic Civil War. Nor was she a fan of vigilantism in general.

Nadia acknowledged Adam's point the Jedi that they would trust had either disappeared or in a few cases joined Snoke. "Second, among those Imperial forces are forces that my husband commands. He's been made a Grand General," she twiched her mouth in a small sarcastic grin, "apparently a Grand Admiral can do that, or maybe because it is Reige. Either way it is for his benefit since he was given the entire 501st Legion for this mission along with our Halbegardian Elites." she paused a second, "Third, I want a say on these Tho Yor. Everything gathered so far shows that these...things have been the most dangerous entity that the galaxy has ever encountered. For that reason, if they can't fix the damage they caused, they shouldn't be in the galaxy in the first place. Finally," as the medics managed to get a display in front of Piggy, "we do not have the time. The Jedi may have a responsibility to the galaxy, I have an absolute responsibility to my people, I must protect them which means fighting both at Adumar and at Jakku."

TAG: @Sinrebirth

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Chapter Twenty One

The Final Calm Before The Final Storm

darthbernael likes this.
  4. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    THE BATTLE OF AJAN KLOSS

IC: Captain Peavey

Aboard the Knife 9, Battle of Ajan Kloss

[​IMG]

The Mandator IV-class Super Star Destroyer was stung, but it was not destroyed.

His TIEs were caught between corralling the Resistance ships and defending him, and Peavey once again reminded himself that everyone in the Ajan Kloss system was a traitor, a rebel, and scum.

It made it easier for him to ignore what were obviously civilian ships under his guns.

But hadn't it been an armada of basically people that had defeated them at the Battle of Exegol?

His conscience salved, he nodded to himself.

"Wipe those fighters out of the sky!"

Those were Captain Peavey's last words when he was mercilessly gunned down by Falen.

The man toppled, and watched him squabble with his droid, and his attempts to hack the systems.

His last thoughts were fairly critical.

I never liked this ship anyway.

Falen had a slight issue, however, in that there were alarms, and the loud, loud clattering of Stormtrooper armour and boots. P1-MP would not be able to access the hyperdrive.

Yet.

But those Stormtroopers would be here sooner than the access was granted.

Outside, with damage accumulating but managed, mostly, Axtine was slashing across the upper hull to blow apart the upper turrets. While the exposed top-side reactor had been heavily reinforced to prevent the farce which allowed a single bomb-load to destroy a Dreadnought at the Battle of D'Qar, the guns here were still only as good as their gunner, and only as likely to hit as the pilot allowed it. The TIEs were divided, but Axtine's wingmates had been shot down, with Falen nowhere to be seen.

There were only two guns left on the upper hull when a full twelve TIEs regrouped and gunned towards the Quarren.

Still, Connix had no orders for where to jump.

But then, above them all, appeared one more ship.

And took away the decision from them.

TAG: @ConservativeJedi321, @Sarge
    ---

The Final Eclipse

[​IMG]

It hung above the engagement with the Knife 9, and activated it's gravity well generators and jammers, silencing the entire star system.

A dozen squadrons of TIEs emerged from its hangars, but they simply held in a defensive position.

They didn't care about the fate of the Knife 9, but the massive dreadnought remained a murderous threat to the refugees, to the Resistance, to Falen and Axtine and hope itself.

Aboard the massive confines, deep in his throne room, Snoke himself glowered at his apprentice, Kylo Ren, silent in the Force, his Knight of Darkness at long last. They had brought their ship from Kamino to rendezvous with this ship, repaired in record pace since the Battle of Coruscant thanks to the Celestial technology that had been merged within it.

"Speak, my boy, speak before I offer peace to the Resistance, in exchange for the life of one simple, stupid, scavenger girl."

TAG: @greyjedi125 (updated TAG and combo)

darthbernael likes this.
  5. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    THE BATTLE OF ADUMAR

IC: Teren Rogriss

The layered defences, the planetary shields, and decades of missile production stood ready. Adam was fundamentally a fly-boy, which is why he thought in terms of starfighters and torpedoes and hurling enough of them at a big ship that it was a small ship in several pieces, which worked just fine against even dreadnoughts, with enough assets. The Lusankya at the Battle of Thyferra, the Jedi StealthX’s striking Nest Ships at the Battle of Murgo Choke, and more recently with Gherlid’s own Eclipse, the philosophy had won out.

However, the Mortis Monolith was different. It was a Dreadnought in scale, but a Death Star in technology, and the largest of the monoliths. So Rogriss reserved the right to professional concern and even outright trepidation.

He understood the technological constraints behind the Tho Yor, that they had an awesome regenerative capabilities, but they were not infinite. Without a tether to a resource - such as, say, Mon Calamari cities - they could be overcome in time, depending upon how those selfsame resources were deployed. In addition, they appeared to contain a limited intellect, likely due to whatever method of control that Snoke had used to undoubted tyrannical use, reducing individual initiative and anything but a rote, droid-like response.

So Mortis simply plunged through the deepest and most well defended portion of the defence well and took it all. Hammered hard, Rogriss could already imagine the gaping holes in the hull that were trying to reseal, and the fighters jockeying position to bomb the gaps.

But then Mortis did something the other Tho Yor didn’t do before - it opened, along its middle seam, and a blaze of white consumed all screens and sensors, blinding them in a shock of static.

Rogriss grimaced as the screens cleared - where had their fighters gone? There was no trace of dozens of them -

Mortis sealed up anew, and a bolt of concentrated energy shot out, plowing through the orbital scrum and impacting against the shields of Adumar - shaking the entire planet!

TAG: @adaml83

adaml83 and darthbernael like this.
  6. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    LEXRUL

IC: Dhidal Nyz

Aftermath

The public humiliation of Callan, followed with the departure of the orbiting fleet with half the ‘liberation’ army - revealed to be entirely an occupation force - brought it all to a startling finale.

The red-cap extremists, chanting about making Lexrul great again, turned on their dear leader in a mob of violence, one so bloody that by the time the Lexrullian armed forces made it to the compound, Callan was hanging from a nearby tree, quite literally.

The Imperial Army might have made an issue of it, but the surviving garrison, led by the Quarren Dhidal Nyz, made a case on behalf of Gherlid’s remaining Stormtroopers, walkers and TIEs to be allowed to depart peacefully. Campaigners were demanding their execution to send a warning to the Empire, others just wanted them gone, and others still saw an opportunity to take their armour and walkers and fighters and arm Lexrul in preparation of the next wave.

[​IMG]

Ultimately, Nyz’s petition ended up in the possession of Tiber, Zara and their friends and allies. The judiciary had been arrested for propping up Callan’s regime, and much of the bureaucracy that had run Lexrul had fled or died in the carnage. It was a military state, and decisions had to be made about trade, casualties, judgments and so on. They’d literally overthrown the government, and Callan’s corruption would take time to dig out.

Worse still was that word had spread; there was no way to ignore that many factions had been tracking Gherlid’s advance on Kashyyyk and Rimward, and news would have reached the Empire and Resistance of their victory.

Which brought with it a message from Admiral Ackbar, fresh from his own victory at Mon Calamari, though apparently it had been more to Rey interfering in whatever weapon Snoke commanded to use Celestial technology, rather than any military win. Admiral Babo and the Sabaton were gone, but Wedge and the Venture had survived, along with the Scythe.

“Black Squadron, congratulations on your win in the Lexrullian War. It is good to hear that you had our backs. Jess sends her regards. You are requested to rendezvous with the flagship at these coordinates in the Jakku system. We’ve found Snoke’s warehouse of Celestial toys… and we’re going to blow it up.”

With the transmission was an offer from a civilian captain who had command of a bulk freighter named Starsider - with storage space for fighters and troops if they needed it.

[​IMG]

A request from the Admiral. They had, after all, gone rogue and he could hardly order them.

But everyone knew the Empire wouldn’t let their victory stand; they had to respond. Whether Lexrul took the fight to them, or dug in, was up to Tiber, Zara, and their friends and allies… though undoubtedly their daughter may have an opinion on it too!

As too would the fan club they had acquired, all manner of genders suddenly treating both of them as icons…

TAG: @Adalia-Durron, @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    ANAXES

IC: Nihl

The Fury had been hit by, according to its very detailed databanks, a Metal-Crystal Phase Shifter.

The Metal Crystal Phase Shifter (MCPS) was a superweapon capable of altering the molecular structure of metallic substances, to the point that the entire hull would simply give way.

[​IMG]

The Fury was an old, solid design that eschewed compartmentalisation rather than anything else, and so the loss of the entire upper hull was not quite as catastrophic as one would have expected, but they didn't have much control over the sorely damaged ship of their father.

Nihl was sure to pace the half of the ship they did have left, squeezing joints with the Force, applying epoxy to seal holes, and generally cursing their existence. The molecular collapse seemed to have run out of energy for the most part, but it wasn't stopping, either.

"I reckon your Daddy's ship has about an hour before it falls apart," he quipped. "Can we be off it by then?"

Two things may have distracted them from that before they replied.

One, the Anaxes system in the distant Core was full of freighter traffic, being corralled by heavy and light cruisers corralled by the Empire, many arriving under tractor, clearly forced. While the majority of the galaxy was committing its main warships to the distant Battle of Jakku, the Empire was scattering its lesser ships across the length and breadth of its expanded territory to do... something.

Ships were jumping to Coruscant, but no longer escorted, only after shuttles and troop transports linked with each craft and ejected their crews into vacuum. Whatever the freighters were carrying, the Empire didn't want anyone to know where it was going, clearly.

Second, the cloned twin was hit upon by a powerful message and compulsion.

Attend to the destruction of all my enemies at Jakku.

Attend to it now.

It is time.

A similar order had been thrown at Vicrul before his untimely demise on Modesta, and would be levelled at any of the cloned Knights of Ren!

TAG: @darthbernael (combo)

darthbernael likes this.
  8. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    YAVIN 4

IC: Tulak Hord

The red spirit chuckled away to himself, amused by the vagaries of what was to come.

He rarely laughed so, for he was not renowned as a master manipulator but rather as a violent marauder who crushed Jedi armies at Yn and Chabosh, ruled a Shadow Empire as far coreward as Alderaan, and turned his fellow Sith Lords against each other until he was the only one left standing. A master of lightsaber combat and essence transfer and many other techniques, he was the ultimate Dark Lord of the Sith, and he had learned the lessons of paranoia that had undone him so.

Leonias had just slaughtered his apprentice.

Dead without half a chance at survival, no threat to his master.

The Sun Guard's descent into the dark side was complete.

Now, he needed only a name...

... and a purpose.

The Temple on Yavin 4 was one deep, deep in the jungle. Not reached by the Yuuzhan Vong during their war, nor the New Jedi Order during their stay on-world, their visits were mere paragraphs in the chapters that this world had beheld for the Sith. Re-taken by Darth Ruin with purpose; squabbled over endlessly by Vitiate's successors; a Sith colony for a millennia thanks to Sadow, and it's darkness rejuvenated by Exar Kun. The connection between Tulak Hord and this world was oft unknown to them, but his spirit had visited, alongside that of Sadow and Kun, to regard the actions of Dark Revan on this world...

And here he had returned.

To this Temple.

To this place.

To this...

Armour.

[​IMG]

Come to me, my apprentice-to-be

TAG: @Kev-Mas_Colcha (combo)

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    KAMINO

IC: Remal

The Tho Yor, having been relentlessly assaulted by turbolaser fire for the best part of an hour, was ill-placed to handle a concentrated torpedo barrage. It cracked, its awesome regenerative powers finally tapped out, and it detonated, combusting away. Adam Lyon’s’ fighter forces had pushed it over that edge.

It was undone, at last, and though the other orbital cities would take time to free, Tipoca City was gone, and with it all manner of cloning resources primarily serving Snoke. The rest were garrisoned in the same manner, retaining troopers, TIEs and planetary defences, but too far away from the orbiting Star Destroyers to be targeted.

With the end of the battle proper, the Maw and Remnant Fleet nonetheless jumped to the systems edge, Jaina Solo Fel aboard the Chimaera with Drikl Lecersen, and Natasi Daala would have to decide what to do about her and him - and what to do next.

But they had a communique from a Vice Admiral Ark Poinard, attached to Aryan Graul and the Megador, confirmed that the Remnant forces were being called to assault Jakku, which Snoke was rushing to reinforce. Adumari, Jedi and Resistance forces - as well as a Sith fleet - were all en route to the world to take their shot. The captains of the five Turbulent-class Star Destroyers were gearing up to leave, while making one last effort to collect the survivors of the Bloodfin.

Daala would know just what the Megador was - she’d fought it at the Battle of Roche, and the massive Super Star Destroyer in the command of Aryan Graul… that was a development.

It was all or nothing, and notwithstanding the Imperial control of the rest of Kamino.

Remal, for his part, confirmed to Daala what she likely wanted to hear, just in-time for the two of them to reach Jaina and Drikl. "Good news, we don't believe the Fury survived it's jump to lightspeed. We've confirmed fragments of engine manifold in the debris they left before departing, so it's as good as dead. Not sure who was aboard, as we're now sure Snoke snuck away, but they're goners, ma'am."

Drikl for his part was giving Jaina a wide berth.

Whether they wanted to reach out to Aryan was another factor altogether.

TAG: @Lady_Belligerent (combo), mentions for @adaml83

10. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    MON CALAMARI

IC: Admiral Aftab Ackbar

Sore, but alive

The Tho Yor had finally fled, or been destroyed of their own accord; rumour had it Rey had infiltrated the Empire to sabotage them, or discover the secret of how Snoke had control of them, and most of the galaxy was en route to Jakku to seize the power.

Millions of Mon Calamari had died; the facts said that the stalwart defence of Coral City had saved a million alone.

Millions had fled to Ajan Kloss; nobody could raise the planet on comms, however.

The shipyards of Mon Calamari had been damaged, but would be productive when reopened; the hulls closest to completion had been shredded in the initial Imperial assault.

The ships of the Sun Guard had departed for Yavin 4, pursuing a Tho Yor; Resistance enquiries were already being made into counters for the solar technology that their new opponent had at its disposal…

The reports from Mirta Gev were that the crippled Eclipse hanging in orbit would shortly be under Mandalorian control; a Resistance cadre of troopers was en route to assist, and the warships mighty engines had been repaired sufficiently to point it away from Mon Calamari.

Aftab Ackbar wasn't concerned with any of it.

[​IMG]

He had the Scythe and the Errant Venture left of his original force, mostly spent, all damaged to some extent, and only five X-wings to his name total. The Aquilla family lived, and he still had Jessika Pava, but the fifth pilot was in a straight jacket.

It wasn't enough.

There were no jubilations, merely exhaustion.

The Empire hadn't won the Battle of Mon Calamari, but the Resistance had already lost it.

The scars these pilots, who lost everything, Ackbar knew would run deep.

But even his barbells twitched when the summons came from Arkinnea.

Mooring himself, Ackbar drew upon his fathers legendary resolve and spoke on the comms to the fleet.

"Resistance fighters, the battle is over," - he could not bring himself to say won, "and the war's end is in sight. I've been summoned by General's Dameron and Finn. The source of the enemies strength is a tide away. The Jedi and Sith face each other for the final wave. Prepare yourself for the final battle, we will reach the target in two hours."

In a few moments, the X-wings were all transferred aboard the Errant Venture, Wedge was given a short briefing upon the situation at Jakku, and Ackbar handed out orders to the remaining Resistance forces across the galaxy he could.

The Scythe and Errant Venture buried into hyperspace.

TAG: @TheSilentInfluence (combo as discussed), @galactic-vagabond422

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
    darthbernael likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    ARKINNEA

IC: Rey

The Wookiee Refugee Complex

Dozens of ships all entwined, mostly Wookiee, the impromptu space station hung above the planet below, pristine save for an ugly burn mark visible from orbit. The Sith had burned down the Hidden Temple, long a place of safety for Jedi. The purges of Palpatine, Caedus and Snoke had each damaged the Order; but enough Masters had survived each to regroup and move forward.

The Millennium Falcon hadn't jumped straight for Jakku after narrowly escaping destruction at Kamino. No, instead Poe had reconnected with the rest of the Resistance network, and the dots led him to Arkinnea. To the New Jedi Order, to survivors of a pair of calamitous battles both there and at Roon. Rey, recovering from wounds both real and imagined, nonetheless avoided Finn and so Chewbacca took over her care, all the while Poe communicated with Admiral Ackbar and a Jedi Master who had emerged from the mix; Lowbacca.

[​IMG]

Lowbacca

[​IMG]

Lumpawaroo

[​IMG]

Chewbacca

Via Lowbacca and Lumpawaroo and Chewbacca, an impromptu network had been setup, and soon enough Poe, Finn, Rey and Chewbacca were standing with R2-D2, BB-8, D-0 and C-3P0 aboard the largest of the hangars. Within it was the personal ship of Barriss Sunrider, as well as that of Tirran Huxley, but absent was a yacht belonging to New Republic veteran Feyna Rouser, who had left with her family in the confusion.

There was little to be said of that, but the Falcon and Sunrider's ship would have to do, coupled with some seventy TwinTails, one of which was being made available to Eeth Koth.

Poe regarded them all for a moment, and then cleared his throat.

Master Zao stood with Zeseem and Atin-Kot at the head of twenty Jedi Knights; ten a-piece.

Master K'Kruhk stood with Tirran and Ennis.

Master T'ra Saa stood with her wards, Talon and Seha Dorvald, who was eschewing a TwinTail to join the Darth Krayt Capture Squad, which included Valin and Jysella Horn, as well as Seff Hellin.

Master Lowbacca stood with Barriss, Eeth, Trace and Ahsoka Tano, a Jedi Knight whom on any other day Rey would have been eager to speak to for her interactions with Master Skywalker and Grogu.

The same could be said for any of the Jedi Masters here, but Rey could tell from their stares and side-glances that not all of them approved of her actions in infiltrating the Empire to discover the source of the Celestial technology.

"Alright," Poe said, speaking up. "I've spoken to Admiral Ackbar, and he and the Scythe, Errant Venture and the Rogues will be backing us up. I've reaching out to the Adumari, and hopefully what they have left will be with us at Jakku too. On top of that, the Remnant Head of State Vitor Reige is directing friendly Imperial forces to rendezvous with us too."

There was a slight hub-bub, and Finn spoke up. "If you have an issue with Imps who realised they're on the wrong side, you can talk to me."

And that silenced it.

"We have plenty of things to hit, which will be split between us and the other allied forces. All we have to worry about it getting through a Sith fleet, past a Tho Yor and a Star Destroyer, and then attack the facility itself," Poe carried on, "the other targets are being passed to Ackbar, the Adumari, and the Remnant."

"We'll all be together to start, and then we'll separate as we get closer to the target."

He pointed at the various Jedi pilots. "You guys will attack our Tho Yor target."

He pointed at Master T'ra Saa, Seha, Jysella, Valin, Seff and Talon. "Your team is going after the Sith."

TAG: @CosmoHender (singles)

He pointed at Master Vao, Zeseem, Atin-Kot. "Your team and Jedi are going to be ignoring the Sith and Tho Yor and attacking the planet itself," and he then pointed at Master K'Kruhk, Ennis and Tirran. "And you're going to be aboard Mr Tirran Huxley's ship." He looked at the nonhuman. "I imagine it'll be a tight fit, but it works."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto x2, @Mistress_Renata, @darthbernael (singles)

He pointed at the Falcon. "My team will be entering the facility and taking down the artefact/weapon, whatever it is." Poe looked at Sunrider and her crew. "You'll be with the Falcon, watching our bags." He shrugged at Eeth specifically. "Up to you how you roll."

TAG: @CosmoHender (singles, optional combo)

As Poe spoke, Rey acquired a distant expression and suddenly vanished from view; nobody would notice her go, until too late. Not even Finn would realise, but he would realise first.

"Snoke's made one helluva an error," Poe crowed, "and he knows it. He's pulled back most of his ships to Jakku now we know about it, and we're going to take him and his plan out."

"Get to your ships, and May the Force be With You."

TAG: As mentioned

Last edited: Nov 13, 2022
  12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    JAKKU

IC: Jaedec Ren

"Our Master requires a status report. Obey."

A hand secured around Ap'lek's green wrist, and he would turn to see Jaedec Ren.

His brother was malformed, his jaw oversized much like Snoke's, and his eyes were that cunning blue that their master had commanded for many years.

Behind him was Hattaska, looking similarly mutated, and both of them were soaked from the fluids of their cloning cylinder.

Nightmarish creations, released too early, seemingly.

"Our Master requires us to do something entirely different," Jaedec said, words slurred. "Can you not hear his voices?"

There it was, in Ap'lek's ear, a summons, an order, and he would feel it resonating within his cloned brothers.

Attend to the destruction of all my enemies at Jakku.

Attend to it now.

It is time.

The acolytes, four in total, rushed aside, and to the left Ap'lek would see an exit to the circular room, leading to shadowed depths. The scanners before Ap'lek beeped, revealing that beyond the Star Destroyer and four Tho Yor in orbit, a small task force labelled One Sith at the extreme of one Tho Yor, the one directly above their facility on the scans, flanked by the aforementioned destroyer.

Apparently where Ap'lek now stood was beneath the sands of Jakku, and the entire complement of that Star Destroyer now stood surrounding the entrance. Thousands of Stormtroopers, dozens of TIEs, walkers, and concealed planetary turbolasers. A shield generator was being hurriedly installed, and a set of shuttles and transports prepared too.

Whereas secrecy had apparently served Snoke before, now he was going for guns.

Copious amounts of guns.

TAG: @Silvertough (combo)
    ---

Systems Edge

The Megador arrived, and Vice Admiral Ark Poinard clipped his heels together and stepped off the bridge.

[​IMG]

There hadn't been time to chit-chat before now, and the vast length of the Megador meant that it had taken as long as the warship had leapt from Bastion to Jakku for Aryan and Lyz to reach him. With over two million personnel, the Megador represented a monstrous commitment by the Remnant, and it was likely that it would never be able to launch another offensive if they lost the Star Dreadnought.

He had set up a full comms suite for them by the time they reached the nearest ready room; he didn't envisage Aryan wanting to stand on the bridge. The scans showed that the Megador was positioned at the very edge of it's own long range turbolaser range, positioned by one Tho Yor that stood alone of the square that Snoke had set up. Poinard didn't want to risk the Celestial weapons having a greater range than he.

By the time they actually met, Ark saluted to the former Chancellor of the First Order. "Sir," he said, formally, and, more gravely, to Lyz, "ma'am," which drew a slight smile from her.

"Grand Admiral Reige wished for me to ensure that the data was out for your... coalition, sir, so I have ensured that Grand Admiral Daala, Admiral Ackbar and the Grand-General are aware of the situation, and I've heard from the Wookiee resistance that they've connected General Chewbacca with his son and nephew, which brings with it General Dameron and the Jedi Order."

He indicated the four Tho Yor. "We're lined up for one target, sir, and the others for their own. General Dameron insisted that he and the Jedi focus on the one immediately above the facility that Snoke appears to be using, an old Contingency base from Operation Cinder that he has seemingly expanded and reinforced." A big X marked the spot, beneath one of the Tho Yor and a Star Destroyer. A note showed a set of unfamiliar warships and old ChaseMaster frigates. "I gather these belong to the One Sith, and the Jedi intend to deal with them also."

"They've made no moves towards us for now, but I'm keeping an eye on them."

A slight swallow, but he wanted to make sure Aryan knew everything. "They have hailed us, however, but I assumed you'd want to speak to Admiral Daala first."

"Who has hailed us," Lyz said, confused, "Sorry?"

"The Sith, ma'am," Ark replied, his brow knitting. "Darth Krayt, he calls himself."

[​IMG]

TAG: @HanSolo29 (option for combo with Lady_Belligerent or myself (or both))
    ---
    Alone

With four Celestial monoliths, a Star Destroyer, a Dreadnought and a set of unfamiliar capital ships in a more distant orbit, Snoke's forces could be forgiven for missing a single snubfighter that had arrived from distant Modesta.

Adrias Stark had arrived, and was staring down forces aligned with Snoke's Empire, the Imperial Remnant, and more besides, and whatever meditation he had committed to in the hour trip would be shattered by the simple fact that the Dark Side was here.

Palpably.

Not one current, not two, but easily a thousand and more, little eddies, powerful currents, and monstrous powers.

It was all here.

The Megador, the Dreadnought, Adrias would know from his time among the Jedi fifteen years ago as a friendly harbour then, but now? Who knew.

The rest, unmistakably enemies.

Besides him would wink out of hyperspace another fighter-sized ship, similarly undetected, or, perhaps, it was the reason why Adrias had been missed, as it cast an obscuring pall in the Force.

A Sith Meditation Sphere.

Fifteen year old memories would let Adrias know that this particular ship belonged to one Vestara Khai...

The ex-girlfriend of Ben Skywalker and a traitor.

What was she doing here?

[​IMG]

TAG: @TheAdmiral (single)

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    The Chapter Begins…

14. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager VIP - Game Winner

Apr 15, 2019
    IC: Atin-Kot Kouwr
    The Wookiee Refugee Complex

Leaning on his truncated staff, Atin-Kot seemed slightly amused at the furor of the meeting. He stood close to his brother, still slightly weary from the earlier battle, although the time between had allowed minimal rest. Behind him he sensed more than heard the rustling of the Jedi that had been assigned to the two of them. Turning his head toward Zeseem ”We ssshall sssee how thessse troopsss are. The eonsss roll on but the warsss continue.”

He could taste the various emotions in the group and was sure that not all standing here now would still be standing when the dust settled. One did not take on Darkness and Celestial technology without a price being paid. When he heard the one called Poe begin to speak, he turned his attention to the man.

He listened carefully as the man spoke, noting the various assignments. With the resources listed, this was going to be a battle such as he’d taken part in when following Revan all those many years before. As he let his gaze sweep the space once more, his lips turned up in a fractional smile. One major difference from that time, his own time, was the quantity of Force users involved. In the time of the Great Jedi War there were so many more involved. He and Zeseem would have commanded battalions, not a mere twenty, Jedi.

As he processed the information they had been given he hoped that the other units would manage to distract the spaceborne forces. Otherwise their ship and unit would not stand a chance of making to the surface to complete their own assignment.

At the mention of Tirran Huxley he glanced up, noting that it seemed Master K'Kruhk and Ennis would also be joining them on that ship. A dry chuckle followed the mention of it being a tight fit, ”After more than three eonsss in ssstasssisss, a crowded ssship isss an open plain.” he muttered before breaking from where he was standing.

He stumped his way over to Tirran, stopping beside him, ”Hope you can fly like a crazzzed ssshyrack, we’re going to need it.”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto, @Mistress_Renata, @CosmoHender

15. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: This is a bit of an NPC fest
    IC: Various Adumari
    Kamino

The pilots were slightly pleased that the Tho Yor had stopped healing, though that was the secondary mission.

Meanwhile, three Adumari shuttles were checking the debris field of the Bloodfin hoping to find Chief of State Fel, they even knew to look for a body in a set of modified Mandalorian armor. The pilots flying against the Tho Yor had to conserve their proton torpedoes since there was no carrier close by that was trusted enough to rearm the starfighters. Some wondered if they would make it home if there was a home left.

–-----
    Adumar

Even though that…blast had damaged or destroyed a good part of twenty-four squadrons of K-wings the rest came through and fired off their proton torpedoes, thousands of proton torpedoes fired in a response to Mortis. The Rogriss-class stations also continued to fire their rockets in salvos, though the overall formation seemed to start changing.

The civilians flying away from Adumar were keeping an eye out on the battle just in case the point of attack shifted. At this point, no one questioned whether it was time to leave Adumar anymore. There were plenty of bitter comments aimed at the Jedi, the Remnant, and even the Resistance despite observations that they were taken out in their infancy. Many comments about if the galactic leaders didn't care about Mon Calamari, what chance did Adumar have?

Despite the Perator repeatedly saying that victory in this conflict was the survival of the Adumari people it didn't feel like it to the people watching from the perspective of an orbital satellite, it felt like they were losing their home. It had been said that Adumar was a fortress planet, but to those escaping the planet, it looked more like a speed bump for wheeled vehicles.

–---
    Auteuil

A man in an Adumari Admiral's naval uniform watched the battle with concern. He scribbled a little note on his datapad and sent it to an older man on Adumar. It said, If you want to live, leave now.

He looked back at the display, is one of the stations moving to ram Mortis?

darthbernael and Sinrebirth like this.
  16. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    OOC: More fun with Adalia-Durron and Sinrebirth, in a combo

IC: Black Squadron, et al
    Lexrul

The message from Admiral Ackbar shimmered in the air by the desk that Feral sat behind.

“Black Squadron, congratulations on your win in the Lexrullian War. It is good to hear that you had our backs. Jess sends her regards. You are requested to rendezvous with the flagship at these coordinates in the Jakku system. We’ve found Snoke’s warehouse of Celestial toys… and we’re going to blow it up.”

It had been on his mind the last couple days, albeit a minor thought as things took a serious turn. Between the remaining forces that Admiral Gherlid had basically abandoned on Lexrul as well as the resistance of most of the planet to the forces that had supported Callan there had been a massive cleanup to begin.

Their forces, which he’d been coordinating, had not caused the majority of the damage, that had been the redhats for the most part. The only damage caused by his forces were where the redhats refused to give up, even after their leaders had done what he’d not wanted to do, executing the, now, former Governor. What was creating his current stress, however, was that it had gotten out that he was the one who had led their forces, and was Tiber’s Uncle. Which, after that broadcast had even more import than his leadership.

Which now found him in the temporary Governor’s Residence, the one Callan had used was not fit for residing in. He’d been proclaimed Governor by almost three quarters of the planet once it had become common knowledge. Thankfully though, he didn’t have crowds of young women and men that seemed to gather wherever Tiber and Zara went, hoping to meet, to see, and to revere the face of their revolution. But…he sighed, while he was thankful the people had such faith in him he had been a military leader, not a politician, and this was a major job.

He did have Admiral Laktai from the LDF as well as Ellias and Jaxras who aided him with the political side of things. But the one who had helped him most, been there every step of the way in this rapidly changing time, was his wife, his Delta. He was currently focused on the datapads strewn over his desk, trying to catch up so that the rebuilding could progress apace when the hatch opened and his wife stepped inside. ”Just a moment love, sending a message to this Dhidal Nyz, telling him I’m willing to let him leave but that there are very few transports we could use right now. I’m also asking, offering, to let his forces integrate with ours to defend Lexrul when the Imperials come back. Which I’d prefer.”

Delta had her own data pad, now dressed in a Lexrullan uniform she was slipping into her new role with ease. She'd been his right hand for 15 years, getting back to it wasn't a difficult task. "You do that, just here to remind you that the Blacks are leaving......with others.............and I for one am going to miss them." As a member of the Black Squadron, Delta was very sincere in her confession. "I'm going to be there, leaving that with you." She winked, despite her slipping back into a support role one thing had changed, he wasn't just her boss anymore, he was her husband, and a new one at that. So the 'honeymoon period' still applied. "And my advice? If they want to integrate, then separate. Don't need them plotting with each other to do Force knows what."

His head shot up then glanced at the chrono on the wall with a groan. ”It’s that time already?” Shaking his head as a wry grin crossed his face, ”Then let's get going, not wanting to miss the weeping crowds of women as Tiber leaves.”

He picked up a pad as he shut down the terminal at the desk. Walking around it to join her, ”I agree, if the Imp troops agree to join us they will be spread out, with old Phoenix troops as their leadership.” Leaning close, he kissed her before turning towards the door. ”Oh and I sent Ackbar a message that we’d help but not to waste our people.” he said as his arm slipped around her waist and they headed out of the office.

"Waste is such a final sounding work lover. Try risk or endanger." Delta said as they walked.

Feral’s eyes glittered, ”What would I do without you, love?” he asked, squeezing her side with a small hug. As they walked, his pad chimed with an incoming message. Tapping the icon, he chuckled as he read it, turning it so that Delta too could see it.

"You'd be miserably lonely at night." She said reading.

Surprisingly it was a response from Dhidal Nyz. He was apparently happy to commit to a peaceful integration rather than a return to Imperial command, especially as he had been expected to be kicked off the planet or executed. He was so appreciative that he offered a hundred Quarren to the cause, all kitted in Stormtrooper armour, and he was willing to commit a squadron of hyperdrive-equipped TIE/FOs.

”This unit, perhaps have them prove themselves alongside our contribution?” he asked, with a glance at his wife.

"A lot to prove and we get to keep our eyes on them, love it." She leaned in, "not as much as you, but its up there." Delta smirked.

Leaning his head closer, he kissed the tip of her nose, “I’m sure, between them, Tiber and Zara can keep a decent rein on them. And, if they’re that enthusiastic to prove themselves, it will be a boon to us. And a thumb in the eye of the Imperials.” He quickly tapped out a message to his nephew, apprising him of the situation and his recommendations. “They wish to join us then they are a part of the LDF now. If they are faithful then they will have a home to return to, here.” he murmured to his wife, before sending a second message to Dhidal, informing him of where the unit he offered was to embark.

An aircar waited for them outside the building, several former Phoenix troops creating a cordon, keeping the crowds back, as they walked to the car, almost unable to hear each other over the sounds of the people.

The noise died down as the door of the vehicle shut, ”I hope they’re as jubilant as we try to get back to normal here. Even though we’re going to have to remain on somewhat of a war footing until this war is over, just so what Gherlid did doesn’t happen again.” he said as they took their seats, the driver lifting and heading toward the spaceport.

The door closing gave her a reprieve from the sound as he spoke, she sighed, "we can give more freedom to the people, I know they think things are the worst ever, but I know there is way worse, but the average Lexrullan doesn't. Memories are short." She snorted, "and people forget how tough things can get, we have to give them something, a bit of freedom, to feel like they are winning."

He grinned, she did know him well. ”As soon as possible, we try to get those in entertainment free from the reconstruction, and give those still working hard..” His words broke off with a laugh. Still laughing, the aircar going slow enough through the crowd he could point at what had caused him to laugh, a woman standing in the crowd holding a sign reading HOW DARE YOU LET THE FACE OF BO LEAVE!!!. As he recovered, ”Well, the people still have some spunk left.” he went on, with another smile. Bouvet, the capital, had been hard hit but the fact that people could protest something like Tiber’s leaving in the way that woman had showed the Lexrullan people hadn’t let the short occupation truly take away their spirit.

Delta smirked, "and he didn't want to do it.............should have seen Zaa's glee at that one, it was her method of torture I think, and look, its your..............no, our fault." She squeezed his arm, "in this together remember?"

Leaning his head against hers he breathed in her scent. ”Always together, love.” he murmured.

The crowds didn’t even disperse when they passed the gate of the spaceport. Only when they passed another cordon of troops, which ringed the Arquitens-class command cruiser, recently renamed the Storm Cloud to reflect that two squadrons had been taken onboard, both Black Squadron and Lightning Squadron. The Aircar came to a halt near the boarding ramp, where both squadrons were standing, at rest, waiting for his and Delta’s arrival.

[​IMG]

As he assisted her out of the aircar Tiber’s voice came out clear and commanding, ”Governor on Deck…Wing, Attention!!” With a synchronized motion, all those behind him as well as himself came to attention, most of his old people having small grins on their faces even still. Tiber himself saluted as Feral turned towards the group, feigning a frown, ”Cut it out, at ease, even.” He shook his head, glancing at Delta, ”Not two days and they’re already pulling this.

Delta grinned, "don't stop them! It's a power rush!"

Zara allowed a smile, she'd only finished throwing up less than 30 minutes ago and still the opportunity to tell anyone had not come about, and she was nearly 8 weeks gone. Her uniform was starting to get tight and Zara was 100% sure it could be seen or at least the whisper of 'she's getting fat'. This whole adventure felt like it was against everything she wanted for her children, both of them, and sending them both out again just felt wrong to her yet, here she was, again.

Snorting at Delta’s response, Feral walked over to the ranks, noting one subtle difference to things. Dan stood at the extreme edge of the Black Squadron ranks, almost in the ranks of Lightning Squadron, close to where Jeanfra stood at the head of that group.

A smile touched his lips, stopping midpoint between Tiber and Jeanfra. ”This is all pageantry, you know, so our people can see we’re committing what’s important to aid the galaxy.”

He could see the look on Zara’s face, making him glance at Delta. ”I know all of you would rather be commanding and strengthening our defenses here so the Imps don’t get a chance to do what they just did, again. Unless we stop them everywhere we’ll never have that peace. So, I want you to know our people are supporting you in every way we can.”

Turning his head, smiling as he glanced at Delta, ”Did you write that for him?” he asked, cheekily.

"Could have, but didn't." Delta folded her arms, her dark eyes focused on her best friend for the first time in days. She'd known her for 17 years, and knew when something was not right with Zara and right now she looked a little pale, for a Twi'lek that is. Now wasn't the time though, but when was the time? They were going, she was staying. Turning she began to walk along the line, pretending to inspect till she got to Zara. "You ok Zaa?" She hissed.

"I will be," Zara whispered back, suddenly realizing she'd not see Delta for a sometime and this would be her only chance to tell her face to face, "in about 7 months."

Delta was no idiot and it took her a split second to understand, her eyes wide, "now?"

A simple nod as Zara responded correctly, "yes Ma'am." Her voice firm and loud.

Delta looked to Feral, did she tell him? What difference would it make now? None. So with a curt nod she returned to her husband.

Feral watched Delta pacing along the ranks, she’d be a great general officer, if they ever got to go back to their old profession, after the stint leading their people. He noticed the whispered conversation between her and Zara with a raised eyebrow but, since she didn’t say anything to him, he let it be, for now.

When she returned to him, he straightened his stance, expression firm. ”Go now, with the blessing of our people and the love of our world. Dismissed!”

A devilish grin crossed his face as the ranks broke up, the pilots streaming up the ramp. Stepping closer to his nephew, ”You’ll disappoint a whole generation of Lexrullan women if you don’t bring them back, especially yourself.”

Tiber blushed deeply, glancing past his uncle, at the crowds still pressing against the cordon. ”They’ll be disappointed when they know I’ve already found my One. But,” his expression turned serious, ”I will do everything in my power to bring them all home.” His eyes flicked to Delta, sure what the chat between her and Z had been, ”All of them.”

------

Tiber was on the bridge as the Storm Cloud lifted. He glanced back at the bridge hatch for a moment, hoping Z was okay, she’d darted off just before they’d reached the bridge, saying something about the fresher. There was a ping as the freighter that his uncle had mentioned came up on the sensors.

His face split in a wide grin as he walked over to the comms section. He wasn’t sure anyone had told the freighter that they were offering more than just Black Squadron. Pulling up their comm channel as the Storm Cloud reached orbit, he depressed the transmit button. ”Freighter Starsider, this is LDF cruiser Storm Cloud. We appreciate the assist and will join up with you for the trip to reach the fleet. Lexrul has decided to do all we can to aid the fight.”

Stepping back away from the comms station, Tiber felt a vibration in the pocket in which his datapad sat. Pulling it out, focused on the Starsider as it grew, in the viewscreen, he barely noted the bridge hatch opening. Around him the crew stiffened, a sense of shock as the being entered the bridge. He read the short message from his uncle, a similar snort escaping him, before he turned.

Eyes alighting on the Quarren that stood just inside the hatch, he shook his head. ”At ease people, he and his people have joined us, taken an offer of integration with us. And have come to assist us in the fight.” He wasn’t completely convinced but he had to tell the crew or any chance of it being a true integration would be lost.

Gesturing for Dhidal to join him at the viewscreen, ”Welcome to the LDF, Colonel. We have to discuss a few things.”

Nyz actually saluted, a clear sign of respect. "Sir, thank you for the warm welcome. Blessed tidings to you."

He regarded the man and viewscreen. "What do you need of me?"

Tiber studied the Quarren officer as the man saluted, the smile returning to his face. ”You are to join us as we assist the Resistance. I am sure there may be some who worry when they see TIE’s fighting alongside. I, well my uncle first, have had an idea to assist in that part of your integration.”

Pulling out a portable holo display, he flicked it on, revealing two images, ”Have you ever heard of an ancient unit known as Havoc Squad? We believe it is time to resurrect them. So, your troops and TIEs will be adorned in those colors, your unit colors, the twin symbols of Havoc and the Republic side by side. Which will hopefully prevent blue on blue encounters."

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nyz's facial tentacles writhed in the Quarren display of contrition, and awe. They settled, and he actually bowed.

"An honourable name far too honourable for a former mercenary that believed Gherlid's mantra that aquatic species' would be put first, and reclaim the legacy of our original homeworld." Nyz saluted. "Thank you, sir. Havoc Squad reporting in."

Zara leaned on the sides of the basin as she gazed at herself in the reflector. Space travel, any travel had never been a problem, and she had not been this sick with Amethyst. There was nothing left to bring back up, but she still felt queasy, bending she turned the water on and began to splash it on her face, then found some towelette nearby to wipe her face dry. It was time to be a Colonel, time to do her job, while her stomach was empty. Turning she left the refresher and made her way back to the bridge.

Tiber offered a deep nod in return. ”There are oceans and seas aplenty on Lexrul, should those of you who have joined us wish to stay once the war is done. Their families as well. We are not,” he smiled, his wife’s return to the bridge would certainly emphasize his point now. ”not xenophobes…” he murmured as his arm slid around her side. ”...and your people will be most welcome among us. For now, please make sure that your people are settled aboard the Storm Cloud and the conversion of their ships and armor is made. Under route, we can discuss what battle plans can suit joint operations, at least until we receive the full battle plan when we arrive.”

Nyz nodded. "Yes, sir."

Another salute, and off he trooped.

Tiber leaned against Zara, trying not to press too hard, knowing how sensitive her body could be, from when she’d been pregnant with Amy. ”You’re staying on the cruiser. Our combat controller, guiding the squadrons. I know you wouldn’t go out in a fighter but this can also help us.” he smiled and kissed her closest lekku, ”Plus, that allows us to keep an eye on Havoc.” One hand laid lightly over her abdomen, ”But enough about that, how are you feeling, love?”

"Like I licked the lining of a garbage compactor." She muttered, "but aside from that...........fine." She leaned against him, her body not coping well.

He held her closely as they headed for the exit of the bridge. Nodding to the Captain of the cruiser, letting the other man know he had the bridge so that they could set off, ”Come, love, let's get you something that can get that taste out, maybe some hot tea, in our quarters.” he murmured.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @Adalia-Durron

Sinrebirth and adaml83 like this.
  17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Zeseem & Tirran Huxley
    The Wookiee Refuge Complex

The meeting went forward and Zeseem didn't have much to add. The shifting of the Jedi behind them was a constant reminder of just how small this 'show of force' was. An open battle of this scale should have had legions of Jedi, instead they only had twenty. Sighing at that notion a small part of him wished he could take a few weeks to train them all, so that they would at least have that going for them. Of course that wouldn't be happening, wars of this kind do not wait for you to be ready. He heard his brother speak and nodded solemnly, noting how his thoughts were a parallel of his own.

Hearing his brothers last comments Zeseem simply flashed his own smile. "Just get us to the surface and we can take it from there."

Tirran through the whole thing had been mute, silently calculating the prices he would have to charge these Jedi. Most likely the coffers would be plenty low after Tirran got his bills paid. Ignoring everything else including a weird alien telling to fly like something he didn't recognize and the Nautolan telling him to just do the job he bobbed in irritation in his tank. "I will float you through the currents to where you have to be, Huxley always delivers on a paid job. Once I drop you I'm out, unless one of you has the trade power to call for me in this insanity and make it worth my while."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @Mitth_Fisto, @Mistress_Renata, @CosmoHender , @darthbernael

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    IC Falen Windrider
    Knife 9

Even down in the starboard side of the bridge pit, Falen could hear the rhythmic tread of stormtroopers. If they had time they’d surround the pit and flush him out. So he didn’t give them time.

Grav cloak on, he soared upwards, blaster spitting fire and saber flashing. Troops scattered for cover and returned fire wildly. Some shots he deflected, some he dodged, but there were just too many and he was giving ground, falling back to the panoramic bridge viewports. He dodged shots that detonated against the windows then suddenly slashed behind him. The scarred transparisteel shattered and Falen was blown out into space an instant before emergency magnetic fields contained the escaping atmosphere.

Meanwhile, in the port side bridge pit P1-MP was still hiding under the unconscious helmsman, jacked into his console. Hyperdrive security encryption was virtually unbreakable; he needed to find something more accessible. There! Attitude stabilization control! This ship was so massive and naturally stable that the system was rarely needed, so it was not nearly as encrypted as it might have been. In less than a second the astromech had sliced in and was reading lines of code.

DEFAULT PITCH TRIM SETTING: 0 DEGREES

P1 changed the 0 to +90.

The distinctive sounds of a shattering viewport and cessation of blaster fire hinted that Falen had made his exit. P1 disconnected from the console, rolled out from under the helmsman’s body, and shot a grapnel line into the bridge ceiling. Straining the line retracting motor to its limits, the little round droid swung itself up and out through the broken viewport. The magnetic containment field tumbled his gyros for a moment. But Falen was there to stabilize P1.

They both stared for a moment at an even more enormous ship that was blotting out all the stars overhead. When had THAT arrived?! P1 fired thrusters and jetted off toward their Starhawk, Falen following.

On Knife 9, attitude stabilizers actuated as programmed, striving to keep the ship straight and level. The system didn’t know that what it thought was straight and level was now ninety degrees straight up. Knife 9’s bow began to rise in a sluggish but inexorable pull up.

TAG: @ConservativeJedi321 @clone commander bossk

19. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Adrias Stark
    Arriving at the destination

Meditation did not help as much as Adrias hoped, but it was something at least. Ever since his return to the Galaxy it has been a series of blows to the gut. One after another. The state of it all was just as if taken out of some nightmare. Empire, Sith, First Order… all at once. The Jedi were nearly gone. There was a good Empire, if you could call it that way, there was an Evil one.

Gone were the days when it was more or less Black and White. Adrias was not prepared for this. He was not sure if any Jedi would have been ready to face such a situation. Not that it was much of a consolation.

His eyes widened in horror when his E-wing jumped out of hyperspace close to what appeared to be the Dark Side armada, for lack of a better term. Adrias had never before experienced such a concentration of evil in one place.

It was like a miasma surrounding the space and he had plunged right into it. Adrias would have to muster what remained of his will and trust in the light if he were to survive this without succumbing.

He would have to find a way to make a run for it and warn the others. Whoever was out there needed to know that the forces of evil have gathered…

20. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    OOC: An extra!
    IC: Nadia ke Mattino, Adam Lyons
    Audacious

Nadia waited for Face to leave and the connection to Piggy to end before addressing Adam, "Is this the first time that we've had a chance to talk since you were relieved?"

Adam offered a small smile, "It was nice for a couple of days, but it seems that I can't be left alone for too long." he quieted a bit, "It was also nice to get some time with Rachel."

"Not that you took too many breaks over the years, maybe a few days a year…" Nadia paused and looked at Adam as another realization hit her, "You were in the Vong War, so this isn't the first time either."

Adam rubbed his head, tired, "Yeah, something like that can lead to a 'never again' mentality which can lead to bad decisions. That and there's usually some amount of desperation in situations like that." Adam trailed off as they watched the opening phase of the Battle of Adumar.

Nadia reacted to the blast from Mortis, "What do we know about that thing and its capabilities?"

"Only enough for it to be dangerous and not enough to avoid the traps." Adam was done dealing with galaxy-wrecking super weapons at this point. "We don't know how long it takes to recharge, whether it's fifteen seconds, minutes, or hours."

"So it's really important that the Jakku mission goes the way we ideally would want it to go. Not that it could be much worse…"

"It could say it ends up with someone as evil as Snoke or Palpatine with the tactical sense of Rogriss or Wedge. So we have to be careful there and find the right ally."

Fiona rolled her eyes at Adam, "You just had to create that scenario to give me nightmares didn't you?"

"Sorry," Adam said hastily.

There was another pronounced pause, "Adam, do you think that I am a good leader?" At Adam's pure bewilderment, Nadia explained, "It's just the situation, and it is not looking good right now…maybe a better leader could have predicted this."

Adam bitterly chuckled, "Anyone who would have predicted this exact situation would have been laughed off of the planet for as absurd as it sounds. Could we have tried some different methods? Yes, but that's hindsight and you can't beat yourself over this."

Nadia seemed to relax a little, "We did start evacuating before these things showed up. I guess that counts for something. The problems that we have been down to us not having many Jedi in the sector, correct?" At Adam's nod, she continued, "Is this why you want to find another Jedi enclave?"

"If there is another one that is. The one time period we haven't seen much from is the High Republic and they did some interesting things."

"I do like Lin Soh…" at a look from Adam, Nadia explained through some laughter, "It's your fault that you keep bringing histories over, I'm going to read a few."

"Are the kids still reading a lot? I don't believe that either you or Trec have asked me in a while?" Adam did appreciate that certainly, his kids were readers and for a while, he would have lists sent to him…except after a story about a queen named Olga that may have been a bit too mature for the Perator's children.

Nadia smiled at Adam's slight discomfort remembering the story he had sent, trouble was that both Carrie and Tanya had loved it. "We ask Rachel, she knows what you like to send and she knows what the kids like, though I have lost count of just how many books Ryan has read through…just in this year."

"He's the tricky one to keep satisfied, there's rarely enough to read for him." Adam thought he noticed something on the display behind Nadia, "I have a distraction for you, hopefully, something you will enjoy. Piggy is about to come out of the bacta…"

"Are you sure? He could have only just become conscious…" Nadia knew Adam had seen something but decided to entertain the distraction. Rogriss knew what he was doing and Adam knew the starfighter tactics. She understood why the capital ships were held in reserve, especially after Bloodfin blew up at Kamino. She would at least be entertained by the Wraiths' antics and then she'd get her answers.

Adam looked at the display one more time, it appeared that one of Rogriss's stations was accelerating toward Mortis. Rogriss was the only person who had current knowledge of those stations since most other people were distracted with other projects. What are you doing old man?

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Ennis Tremyren
    Wookiee Refugee complex, Arkinnea

There was nothing to say as K’Kruhk concluded his negotiations with Huxley. "Unless you wish to gouge the coffers of the Jedi Order anymore, kind sir?"

Huxley bobbed and there was a small swirl of bubbles. "If you are offering, I have no objections to taking your credits. Altruism is for assuring repeat customers, not suicidal war efforts that are long shots." And so it seemed he would continue along with them for a while. Ennis could only hope that the amphibious trader had the chance to spend his riches. This would not be easy. He was sure another battle lay ahead, and the freighter, while equipped for defense, wasn’t exactly a combat vessel.

He took a moment to look around. Wookiee ships seemed utilitarian from the outside, but the insides had graceful curves evoking the trees of their homeworld, often inlaid with woodwork. Jedi and members of this new Resistance were gathering, catching up, reconnecting with each other. The Force swirled here, growing and settling into a delicate but powerful well of Light. He closed his eyes and inhaled, feeling it permeate him and strengthen him. It wasn’t quite like the Temple, a nexus of Light in the entire galaxy, but it would have to do.

A young man with intense dark eyes and a mop of unruly hair stood up on a crate and cleared his throat. He handed out various assignments. Ennis listened, not understanding half of what he was saying. Names of ships, names of people, most of them he didn’t know. What were they meant to be doing? Attacking a planet? This Jakku? The only thing he understood was that the Tho Yor had retreated there. There were Sith? And what was this weapon or artifact they were talking about?

A Master in a ragged robe, with angular features and yellow eyes walked up to them. Taung, if Ennis was correct, with a strangely archaic cant to his voice. Not anyone he remembered meeting. ”Hope you can fly like a crazzzed ssshyrack, we’re going to need it.”

The Master following behind him added, "Just get us to the surface and we can take it from there."

Huxley moved in a way that suggested irritation. "I will float you through the currents to where you have to be, Huxley always delivers on a paid job. Once I drop you I'm out, unless one of you has the trade power to call for me in this insanity and make it worth my while."

Ennis arched an eyebrow. Huxley already had the promise of a massive sum from the Jedi coffers. Given the size of the Jedi gathered here, it might well represent the entirety of the Jedi accounts. Surely they hadn’t been able to recover all of the Jedi assets lost in the Purge.

Ennis looked at the others, who he didn’t recognize. “I must say that ‘attack the planet’ is a bit vague for a mission. Do you have any idea on exactly what part of this planet we are attacking? Are there civilians? I gather that the young man –whose name I didn’t get—is leading an attack on a specific installation, but for our part, I think I need a bit more specifics.” He hesitated. "It's been a long time since I've used a lightsaber."

TAG: @Sinrebirth, @darthbernael, @Mitth_Fisto

22. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Axtine Yore
    Ajan Kloss

"I've got a bad feeling about this." The Quarren spoke to nobody in particular. As his lasers pelted the larger guns Axtine increasingly felt like his time was running out. Clicking through his channels it quickly became apparent just how alone he was. Thankfully he still sensed Falen out there somewhere, though in the heat of the moment he wasn't able to pinpoint his exact location. It unnerved the Jedi just a bit that he was not hailing his ship communicator. Was that crazy man on foot?

Whatever the case Axtine had his own problems. An explosion rocked his wing, and a new wing of fighters was on his tail. "Keep us together buddy" He called out to his astromech. More Destroyers were entering the fray and a darkness weighed on the Jedi's thoughts. "Falen Windrider, wherever you are, I hope you have a plan." he called out into the force, not expecting his friend to hear him. Axtine pulled hard on his throttle and tipped his nose up catching at least one of the pilots off guard. Most of his pursuer's course corrected well enough but the one at the head of the pack crashed into the gun Axtine had been targeting a moment before. "Im not suicidal enough to target the new arrival." He answered an unspoken question from the droid. "We're going to hug the damaged dreadnaught for as long as we can and hope that discourages the fresh recruits from getting too trigger happy on us." His StealthX danced between blasts, before the Quarren killed the throttle and grimaced as the enemy ships passed a hairs breath closer than he would have liked to his wings. "Blast Em!" He shouted as three red beams erupted from his working S-Foils. Two of the TIEs exploded into a mess of hot metal, though several others managed evasive action before he could get them into his scopes. Good, they were out of formation. That made this far more interesting for him, improvisation tended to work out better for the one with the force on his side than the ones reliant on computers.

Computers could after all be tricked.

Tags: @Sarge, @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Nov 27, 2022
  23. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Rhoen Aquilla
    In transit to the finale

Tow hours, he had two hours to get ready for what was promised to be the final battle. Wasn't the last battle the last one, and the one before that, and before that. He was sure there would be another one. But, he couldn't give up and think it is a given. There had to be another way, they couldn't keep having these fights year after year. Though it was questionable if the regular people would get a say.

It was the cosmic joke that Force Sensitives started the most destructive wars, and were the only solution to them. Jedi and Sith had been fighting for centuries, had always dragged the rest of the galaxy into war with them. A minority dictating the lives and deaths of the majority. It wasn't right. But, what could be done?

Rhoen's mind turned this question over and over in his head. As he looked across the deck to see Syal guiding Val though a check of her x-wing. Their daughter bucked and fought against being told what to do. Rhoen shook his head, a truth settled into his heart. After this fight, the next one would be fought by the next generation would be fought by his daughter and his son. He could tell her all he wants but, she would never listen. Val was going to be a pilot another soldier in the New Republic that would stand with the Jedi come whatever may. It wasn't as if the Republic had much choice; the Sith would wipe out the galaxy just to remake it in their image.

There had to be a better way, and Rhoen didn't know if that way could be found from the cockpit of a fighter.

He could down enemy after enemy all he liked, it wouldn't stop the war, only hopefully bring it to a quicker end. The time to stop these wars was in the brief peace that was granted them. Diplomacy to be united against the threats, Exploration, to remove the blank spaces that this darkness always came crawling out of, Technology to harden the galaxy from getting cut off from each other. It was many things and those ideas continued to swirl in his mind as he continued his checks.

This would be the final battle…after he would turn his mind to them again.

There had to be a better way…Rhoen would find it.

24. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    The next combo with @Sinrebirth : Leonias Colcha's Baptism of Blood

IC: Leonias Colcha

Silver Beacon, Yavin IV, Atmosphere
    Bible Black

Tears of remorse filled Leonias' face as he brought the ship down for a landing in a clearing of the jungle floor. It was a fair bit away from the temple that Tulak Hord had been guiding him to, but the only place with enough room for a safe landing, necessitating he finish the rest of the journey by foot.

He could use the walk either way, help him clear his head. He did what he saw was necessary. He stayed true to his word and eliminated those who tried to stop him, but still... killing your apprentice is always a gut-wrenching ordeal, despite whatever reasons you do it for, either reasonable, or in Leonias' case... not. Tyrus was absolutely right, and deep down Leonias knew it, despite his ambition and arrogance keeping him from admitting it and from that, the guilt blossomed. They stood in his way, and he was absolute in his decree that he would use lethal force against any who stood in his way, but Tyrus? Really? Tyrus? His own apprentice? The person who at one time Leonias thought would be his successor? Such is the seductive power of the Dark Side that it turns you against all you hold dear.

Unfortunately for Leonias, this guilt did not affect his actions. He was resolute, and committed to his course of action. He knew there was no coming back from this, but he was far too stubborn to admit that coming back from this was something that was even necessary.

Wiping his eyes as he walked along the forest floor, he took in everything around him, reaching out with the Force to observe. He noticed the distinct, rather immense Dark Side presence wafting through the air, and it became apparent that he wouldn't likely be able to clear his head very well here. Not with his training.

He wasn't alone, and an outcropping showed just why.

[​IMG]

Taking note of the Tukata watching him from above he kept moving, but now with a hand firmly on not the now single saber pike on his back, but an additional, smaller curved hilt in a leg holster, undoing the clasp securing it in place. If they attacked he would be ready to defend himself, but he saw no need to waste any time engaging them without any further provocation.

While Hord did tell him to come unarmed, Leonias wasn't about to walk into the lair of an ancient Sith Lord unprepared.

Kill.

The word resonated in the Force and the hounds, some larger than Leonias himself, leapt -

Leonias had predicted this as the most likely outcome. He was glad he was right.

With a grin, he also leapt, leaving him high above the Tukata the moment they touched the ground, swiping at an Echani who was no longer there.

In that moment, he focused on all the negative emotions he was feeling at the moment. His guilt. His shame. His sorrow. His anger. His hate.

Then he let it all out, as the Force churned and convulsed around him, and he let out a torrent of air and lightning, repulsing the enemies around him and singing them with tendrils of electricity.

After the dust settled, Leonias was nowhere to be seen.

At least to the Tukata. In reality, Leonias had reached into their minds, and tricked the semi-sentient creatures into believing he had vanished.

And then the illusion faded, as the largest Tukata lost its head. Sliced cleanly in one swift Falling Leaf slash, as Leonias descended from the treetops above to behead his prey.

As the creature fell, the Sith Apprentice stretched out a hand as he reached out with the Force, seizing the skeletal remains of the beast telekinetically, and shattering them into several sharp, blade like pieces.

Piercing through the corpse in a storm of carnage that soaked Leonias with the evidence, the bone splinters floated in the air momentarily before they eventually were sent flying out in all directions, several splinters each sent towards every single Tukata still alive.

Tukata went from living, snarling beings to pulps of flesh.

It splattered to the floor, coloured the nearby bushes and stone, and acted an impromptu red carpet for his arrival.

Very good.

Tulak Hord oozed bemusement.

Korriban, Arkania, Onderon, Dxun...

Balmorra, Alderaan, Yn, Chabosh...

Kaas, Kaas, Kaas, Kaas.

A set of words; places - they acted as a chant of sorts...

The Infinite gave way to the Infernal and to the Sith'ari...

... the Sith'ari ruined the Heart of Kyber...

... his House ruined the flesh...

... his legacy ruined the beskar cage upon my chest...

Wiping blood and entrails off of his face, Leonias continued forwards, following the chanting voice while at the same time making a mental note of the places mentioned. They'd likely prove to be important in the long run, whether Leonias would end up attempting to destroy the Sith like had had before, or if he ends up changing his mind with plans to rule them instead.

Has the Heart of Kyber been lost to Force Users?

A question.

Was he referring to a place, a metaphor, or something else?

Leonias was at the temple entrance now; it was dark, cavernous, and it retreated deep beneath the surface.

Probably, scoffed Leonias in reply as he entered the temple. He left his blade ignited for illumination as he strode forth, casting a crimson glow upon his surroundings.

A tragedy. For the Heart of Kyber was a mountain of power. As great as that on Jedha, or lost on Exegol, or scattered by the Celestials.

The shadows were deep, and his blade merely illuminated a handful of meters in-front of him.

There were Four Hearts of Kyber. One for the Father, one for the Mother, one for the Son, one for the Daughter.

There was a sensation of murky water, as if the dark side was so concentrated that it was surrounding him.

Did you not know that the dark can twist even the flow of time?

How long would Leonias be down here?

A tragedy. For the Heart of Kyber was a mountain of power. As great as that on Jedha, or lost on Exegol, or scattered by the Celestials.

There were Four Hearts of Kyber. One for the Father, one for the Mother, one for the Son, one for the Daughter.

Leonias quietly noted this information to himself. Such sources of power would prove useful to him, but if he were to weaponize them against Hord like he intended, it was important that the ancient Sith Lord not be made aware to his interest in them.

Leonias continued forwards, regardless of the supposedly difficult path before him. There was no point in turning back now. These were all mind games, and Leonias had the wisdom to see through them.

Did you not know that the dark can twist even the flow of time?

He reached out in the Force, trying to lock on to the presence of the ancient Sith Lord, giving his telepathic reply.

I am fully aware of the effects the Dark Side has on the perception of time. It kept me alive under the sands of Korriban. I simmered for two weeks, contemplating the vengeance I intend to unleash upon the Galaxy.

It was under the sands of Korriban, preserved in a stasis of all consuming rage, that I finally saw clearly what had to be done. I had to do what no one else was willing to do. I have to take matters into my own hands. I have to bend the Galaxy to my will. There is no other way to ensure security and liberty for the Galaxy.

All who stand in my way shall perish. All who chose the path of cowardice over obedience shall be struck down. I will offer only one choice to the Galaxy: join me or die.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

25. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    IC: Tajana, HK-47, Galen, Rose, Juno, Gast

Tajana's eyes widened in horror as she watched, what she could only understand as some sort of essence transfer but... without the force? Knowing what she did about essence transfer, the bile rose in her mouth.
    She quipped back at HK, trying not to gag.
    "You want something to kill, Bolt-bin, open fire at that thing-" she jabbed a thumb in the direction of the shirtless monster with the ripped abs.
    It seemed there would be no time to get to know the guy she was fighting alongside, she'd have to ask him who he was later. She glanced around, trying to decide whether to join HK in taking down 'muscles' (and potentially irritate the droid further) or go after the doctor instead. The second option appealed more and she ducked to the side to try and keep the woman within her range of vision.

HK grinned and poured fire into the big man, whose clothes burned away where hit, but the skin didn't.

"Vonduun crab," the big man said, with the doctors mannerisms. He launched forward and suddenly HK was bereft his head, the droid body clattering besides the doctors corpse, or perhaps shell.

Galen Marek leapt forward and went to cut apart the durasteel blades, but their enemy poured an electric current through them - using the Force - and they resisted. He was surprised, and a blade appeared from his gut in that moment.

"No!" Juno screamed, and she shot at his eyes, forcing the man to protect them and step back, leaving his sword in Galen.

Rose was suddenly besides Tajana. "Don't know who you are, and don't care, but this thing is, like, the big bad of the AGENT program. It's what the doctor wanted, to pour herself into a perfect body, and betray the Empire. It's in her notes, but I found them too late. The AGENT program is based on a corpse she found that belonged to a psycho named Abeloth?"

Tajana took an intake of breath at that name.
    "Don't say that word so carelessly!" she hissed. The impaling of Galen seemed minor compared hearing Abeloth mentioned so casually. She used the force to reach out and grab the head of the droid, which was clattering across the floor towards her.
    "Looks like its up to me to save our skins. Hold this," she muttered, shoving it into Roses hands. "If you know how to fix droids you can get a head start on him. Otherwise just keep it safe until we can nab his body."
    She stood up and walked towards the muscled guy, pushing the impaled man towards the blond who was a decent shot and hoping that the stories she had heard about the mother were not going to bare too much resemblance to what she was about to face.
    "Lets try.... this." She jumped nimbly to the side before checking herself and sending a force push towards her opponent, feeling him out more than anything.

Rose snorted. "I can fix anything."

But Tajani would be distracted by her own actions. Juno took Galen, who looked pale, blood leaking from both sides of him. "Not the first time I've been stabbed," he said, gasping, amused.

"No, but last time it was a lightsaber and those cauterize," Juno scolded.

"I mean..." Galen held his hilt up.

The big man took the Force push, and was sent stumbling. He retaliated with a Force scream, all primal, all attack -

"Observation," said HK, because of course he was still active. "We cannot stay here too long."

Tajana grimaced, too distracted by HK to take advantage of the force push with a follow-up before the scream hit.
    She only just managed not to stagger back, instead holding her ground but unable to close the gap between them. Looking around, she grabbed some masonry with the force and threw it at him to retaliate, before jumping forwards with a distinct agility and slashing her sabre at him.

The blade creased his skin, leaving a scar but nothing more -

That vonduun crab skin...

And he headbutted her!

Tajuana staggered back, cursing and spitting blood. The lightsaber had done so little damage, it was almost frightening.
    He's the strength and manners of an ox.
    She snarled. "So dirty it is then."
    That being said, she doubted that biting was going to hurt him much, if a lightsaber was having trouble, of all things.
    Dodging a follow-up with a nimble twist, she stole a glance at the hilt to double check it wasn't accidentally set to a 'training' mode. Sliding millimetres past the opponent's blade, she suddenly had a brainwave.
    "Hey, light-boy, I'm gonna borrow me that sword thing."
    She didn't wait for a response, and sped past Galen suddenly, wrenching the blade from his gut in the process, just in time to parry another blow. Galen collapsed, and Juno shouted in panic. Rose rushed to stem the blood, but the man was already waxen pale.

Gast and his new body laughed, leaning into the parry and kicking out with a booted foot -

Tajana weighed her options, feeling the weight of Gast leaning onto her was heavy, cumbersome and made it impossible to dodge the kick that the force warned her about seconds before it connected.
    She let it impact and tumbled backwards, gasping for breath and her face skidding across the floor landing in a puddle of Galen's blood.
    Damn it. Could it be that she was possibly, feeling just slightly guilty about kicking Galen several feet further along the path to the afterlife?
    She swore, aloud, a string of expletives, and scowled to herself. This fight would be a lot easier if there wasn't all these PEOPLE around her, watching. Judging.

But what did any of them know, they were clearly useless when it came to dealing with force sensitives. That she was likely the best suited among them to take Gast down was not a comforting feeling. Others might have relished the opportunity to show off but she was not enjoying the pressure.
    She was getting frustrated, but at least now this was something she could use.

She growled, ignited her lightsaber again, though this time in her off-hand, and charged back towards the Moff, pushing into the offensive, slashing at him, trying to force him backwards and then intending to follow up by, at the last moment, bringing both blades down towards his knees and ankles.

The blade burned scars in his bare chest, knees and ankles, but but did not cut through like flimsiplast as one would have expected. Gast was no swordsman, merely a brute in a brutes form, and it showed, but his body had an endurance to it unlike any other that Tajana would have face.

However - flesh was only so thick, and it was thin where the body was thinned, and the ankle gave way, dropping Gast to the floor with his eyes wide, slipping in the selfsame blood that Tajana had been caught in.

Galen coughed, and a bolt of electricity arched out, using the liquid as a conductor -

Rose shouted at Tajana to move -

Tajana couldn't help but bristle at Rose, that the woman presumed that she hadn't already sensed the danger, but it was almost as quickly overtaken by the problem of figuring out where to move to.
    Spectators had it easy, they didn't have to decide, be it up, down, left or right...
    Down was solid, up lacked purchase, so that helped narrow the process a bit, and Tajana eventually settled on back. Throwing the sword she'd been clutching at Gast's head for good measure, she pushed herself back with a blast of force lightning because, why not. What was good enough for this light-sided, brown-haired idiot was good enough for her, and she could certainly do a better job of it.

Of course these thoughts all happened in less than a split second and it was difficult to predict whether this would cripple Gast enough to finally finish him off, or just cause more issues.

It was all fine being invulnerable to a lightsaber, but you still had nerves.

And Force Lightning worked on them just fine.

Also, just because your skin was based on a vonduun crab, didn't mean your entire body adhered to that self-same invulnerability.

The lightning fried Gasts' motor control, and a moment later the blade, thrown at the head, went through an eye, and the corpse dropped.

HK-47 snorted. "Finally."

Tajana ignored the droid's comment, picking herself up from where she'd landed by the droid's body (which was struggling to its feet), she walked over to the fallen opponent and checked it over, checking there wasn't any sort of clue... but it was looking like this lead to Coruscant might be a bust.
    "Force one, science zero."
    She kicked it in the head for good measure and picked up the blades as well, maybe the droid had a melee setting. And if not, could be an interesting side project. HK noted her gaze from where Rose had dropped his head, and seemed almost to scowl at her. Tajana picked him up and handed him to his hands, which tucked it under an arm.
    "Hooray we're safe. Don't thank me all at once, one at a time will do."

Tag: @Sinrebirth