main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC22 Star Wars Nite at Disneyland May 27

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ChrisLyne, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I totally missed this. It was on my radar, but I had no idea tickets went on sale when they did. Oh well.

2. SkywalkerShine

SkywalkerShine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2007
    Aww man... Maybe next time, right? :)

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Has anyone tried to get a refund yet? I was going to call tomorrow and see about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    I called. Spoke to the customer rep and she put me on hold to talk to a supervisor and came back and said that due to the circumstances they would "make an exception" and refund the tickets.

It all happened automatically (like, I wasn't told no and then had to ask to speak to a supervisor or anything). I got the impression that they're giving out refunds regardless, but have the supervisor process in place to maintain the standard that they don't usually give out refunds.

star_wars_is_good likes this.
  5. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    The process sounds tougher than it needs to be, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

6. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I think I am gonna wait a little bit and see if they reschedule. These tickets were kind of hard to get.

7. Ginkasa

Ginkasa Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    It actually wasn't bad. I didn't have any hold times initially. I just explained the situation one time, was put on hold for maybe a minute so she could talk to her supervisor, and the refund was approved.

If they reschedule all the way to 2022 I'll feel silly since I'm holding on to my Celebration tickets, but it doesn't sound like that's what they're doing.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  9. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I ended up calling for a refund today. It was easy to do, the lady was really nice on the phone.

Link1130 likes this.
  10. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I missed out on this event! :mad::_|
    Well, perhaps now that it isn't happening in 2020, Disney will do another event for Celebration 2022 and then I'll grab a ticket! [face_good_luck]
    I attended the event at WDW in 2010 "The Last Tour to Endor". It was so much fun! I can't imagine this one, with Galaxy's Edge...
    I need to pay more attention for when tickets for events like these go on sale!! :yoda:
    I am not looking for any excuses, but my work has been so challenging for over a year!

11. Temp77

Temp77 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 22, 2019
    Disney have announced they’re bringing back Star Wars Nite and it will be on 27 May 2022 whilst the SWCA is on, as well as two earlier dates on 3 and 4 May.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ng-2022-events/?CMP=SOC-DPFY22Q1wo1202210035A

The bad news for those of us who purchased tickets for the 2020 event is that our tickets don’t automatically transfer to the date during the convention and we have to apply to transfer tickets to 27 May and pay the difference in price!

JonSB and star_wars_is_good like this.
  12. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    That's lame that you have to pay the difference to roll over your tickets after they've held onto your money for two years.

13. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    True, but at least for me I am gonna try and purchase tickets for the 27th..

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

14. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    [​IMG]

15. JonSB

JonSB Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 20, 2018
    Thanks for posting. I wonder if they are going to email people to let them know?
    I wish you could just do it online but I don't see an option. Price increase is ~$25(Edit $66 ). I tried to call Guest Information Ticket Sales at (714) 300-7807 to exchange it but there is a 90 min wait due to a large call volume

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
  16. StarWarsFan1997

StarWarsFan1997 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    So 2 hours later and my ticket is now transferred. It’s a $66 up charge. In the words of one aspiring author: “I don’t like it. I don’t agree with it. But I accept it.”

Most of the fun of going to something like this is going to experience it with mega-fans. Given the price difference and the fact that the event will run for two night before Celebration, I expect most of the people on the 27th will be Celebration attendees, since locals will have the 3rd and 4th and most Celebration attendees will be from out of town and thus not inclined to travel just for the After Dark events that don’t coincide with Celebration.

I would like to think that the 27th will have something special planned, given the timing and the additional charge, but with the way Disney Parks have been handling things since reopening, I can’t be that optimistic.

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm leaning towards skipping this event. I'm having a hard time justifying $175 for a four hour event. I'm already planning on doing GE that Wednesday. I think I'll get more bang for my buck then. I'm not even sure how likely it is for people who don't already have tickets to this being able get one with the number of people rolling over. I've got about a month to make a final decision though.

18. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Is that $175 aside from your entry cost? $175 for 1 hour event? plus, Cele. spending money etc.? good grief! Oh, plus food and goodies to buy at the park?

19. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    The event itself is 4 hours long (9pm-1am), but the ticket lets you enter the park at 6pm, so the overall park time is 7 hours.

20. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    This is a case where I consider my money lost. The fact that you have to call to get to customer service and do the change means that I can't really do that.

21. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    I'm sorry @Obi Anne. It sucks that there isn't some kind of online option available, especially for the international folks.

22. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    It sounds like fun, but I will be taking care of our new puppy, Luke the 2nd. dogs are not allowed. esp. puppies!

23. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    People are starting to get their tickets for the 2022 SW Nite, including me:

[​IMG]

Reminder that if you want to exchange tickets, the last day to do so is Friday.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  24. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    It's kind of wild that in 2022 Disney is still doing physical tickets.

25. StarWarsFan1997

Jun 22, 2005
    Just one more thing to check off on the packing list.