main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007

Don't be so certain. I'm hoping for at least two more Chopper and AP-5 focused episodes. And I bet we'll get to see those awesome space whale Purgill again.

Noir Deux likes this.
  2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Rather amusing that some genuinely believe Dave Filoni, Lucas Films, et al had creative freedom all this time and Disney have suddenly taken control. Who do you think set up the Story Group and insisted on a single, unified canon from the start? Give you a hint, it starts with a "D" and isn't Dave.

Theo333 likes this.
  3. GalenX_1399

GalenX_1399 Jedi Padawan

Mar 31, 2016
    I think Dave filoni mentioned somewhere that the series will end one episode after the battle of scarif, and I'm really intrigued as to what that final episode could be. I Hope the series finale is some sort of retrospective with hera talking to luke post-ROTJ, maybe even setting up the next animated series. another possibility could be an episode featuring thrawn, vader, and sidious, with thrawn being tasked with exploring the unknown regions, leaving him with the possibility that thrawn can return as a main villain for the next series

4. ManWithoutAStar

ManWithoutAStar Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2017
    Where was that? There was an interview today (or yesterday, I am not sure) with good morning america and he said that Scarif will not be in Rebels, because he does not want the show to have to stand on shoulders of a film.

5. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Yeah, I recall him saying Scarif will not be in Rebels.

cwustudent and Vialco like this.
  6. Theo333

Theo333 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2011
    Isn't it convenient that Star Wars is just for kids when being criticized for storytelling faults, yet suddenly people switch narratives to 'it's for adults too' when people start parroting the first one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WOW, LOOK AT ALL THE KIIIIIDS!1111

podjazd and revan772 like this.
  7. MandoArtist

MandoArtist Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2015
    It's not for kids or for adults. It's for everyone.

Sow, DBPirate, revan772 and 5 others like this.
  8. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I agree, but I also feel like we're about to start up this same argument for 8000th time, so it's probably best to just let the haters hate on the show. Truthfully, I don't even understand why the people who seem tho hate this show so much even bother anymore.

CoolyFett, MandoArtist and cwustudent like this.
  9. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Revenge of the Sith wasn't for kids, well non below a PG13 anyway

Jedi Knight Fett and podjazd like this.
  10. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Hmmm, I think he said that Rebels will not end with the Battle of Scarif, but not that we will never see it in the series.

Can someone post his exact quote please?

11. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Lol I hear you man. Star Wars is now all about The Disney big 3. We nothing but Star Wars fans to blame. The fans told George he sucks, they told him everything in the PT was garbage. Disney will now do to Star Wars what they did to ESPN and Marvel, Feminize and diversify it. I knew Rebels wasn't going to last. Disney wants to focus on Vaders grand Baby and the desert girl. Fans just have to be patient. The new Force Awakes show will get announced after Rebels completes. At least now maybe Rebels can come to Nexflix and I can finally watch it.

12. Embomania

Embomania Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 2, 2013
    It would seem that you think this is a bad thing. Correct me if I'm wrong. Please, let me be wrong.

13. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Back on topic and away from the Disney conspiracies....

I did find a few old posts, from many years ago, with hints from Pablo and Dave that Rebels was always meant to be a short series compared to TCW. It might have been taken from the Rebels Q&A from a Disney panel.

ManWithoutAStar likes this.
  14. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm not going to allow you to attempt to corner me into some political arguement. I'm not going to engage in that. Disney does what Disney does. Won't say if it's wrong or right. It's just the Disney way. You obviously don't know my posting history or reputation. Padme is probably my favorite character of the entire franchise. I think Disney is tricking OT fans into liking and supporting their version of Star Wars. Now these same Conservative OT fans are voicing their displeasure. I think it funny personally. I knew Disney was going to use OT fans nostalgia to build their own era. Now they are and I'm only pointing out what I predicted would happen. Take it how you need.

Darth Wookiee and revan772 like this.
  15. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    And the problem is...?

Indeed. "I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, but...It's all good. Disney paid $4 billion" is passive-aggressive instead of direct but the message is loud and clear.

If having female leads is an "agenda," then having male leads for almost 40 years was an "agenda" that was certainly not worth continuing.

Complaining about "feminization" and "feminist agendas" is not allowed around here. Move on.

I watched the trailer last night and it took awhile to process it but here goes:

1. I'm glad this series has been planned and has a definitive end. I look forward to the post-ROTJ series.

2. I LOVED Hera's narration. I've loved her as a character from the outset.

3. Bo-Katan showing up makes me really happy, although it looks like some horror-film-level **** is going down on Mandalore.

4. Not a fan of Ahsoka turning into a wolf and I hope the weird **** is kept to a minimum.

5. I hope they aren't all killed by Thrawn.

16. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    So I get that everyone us upset with Disney, but Lucasfilm still is in charge of most things. That being said, derailing the thread to talk about Disney and how the fans are to blame is off topic. Move on and talk about Season 4 of Rebels.

anakinfansince1983

I didn't see you already told them to move on. Oh well. An extra warning never hurts.

17. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    honestly I hope they are all killed by Thrawn, If they want us to believe this is the Thrawn we know and love from Legends, he needs to do something AWEFUL, killing some redshirts and the Bendu wont cut it. We need to see the reason why he is a Grand Admiral

Darth Wookiee and CoolyFett like this.
  18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    There's a book for that

19. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    It sounds like the season will be 13 regular-length episodes and a two-parter, like S1. I hope the season opens with a 42-min premiere, as per tradition. Is that what was shown at Celebration?

20. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012

It's a two parter. First part was shown at Celebrations.

21. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Season 3 on the way...

Back to SW....I enjoy both series TCW and Rebels...but wish they could have completed TCW and that Rebels would have gone on a couple more seasons. They coule have made it so that 2 seasons was a years time. Also made it more of an anthology as opposed to all about the Ghost crew. Inquisitor specific episodes where we see them actually being a threat and slaughtering bases full or rebels and actually hunting down Jedi Masters, Knights and Padawans. Stories about other Rebel cells and their missions.

22. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Prior to Rebels, Filoni said majority of the Jedi (think he said 90%) were already dead by the time the show started.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Just finished Celebration! Can't wait to talk to you guys more about the series final

24. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I wonder if they'll start airing the season early enough to finish the show before The Last Jedi is released in theaters? I doubt it, they'd have to start in mid-September with no breaks from the first to last episodes, and it wouldn't hurt for the finale to be a two-parter either, but it's at least possible.

cwustudent likes this.
  25. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Does anyone else think Hera's voice over about "A boy who was lost and a girl who was broken" and then "they fought alonside...." puts the focus of the story on Ezra and Sabine and will wind up with them together??