main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Neverx, Mar 25, 2017.

1. SpecialOpsUnit

SpecialOpsUnit Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2007
    Just please don't be as disappointing as Season 3 was, it was a turd fest most of the season besides a few episodes.

Be more like Season 2 and late Season 1 please.

2. SienneRe

SienneRe Jedi Master star 2

Mar 23, 2016
    Oh yes this so much!
    Well as for Kanan, I hope that if they really want to kill him it will be the series finale, not season finale - mostly because half of the reason I watch this show will be gone (the second half is Hera XD).
    But I hope he goes far, far away, unknown regions etc, and come back after the war. Unfortunately it probably means Ezra would be with him, but well with Kanan alive I can survive Ezra too...

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Kanan is Snoke confirmed? :p

Erkan12 likes this.
  4. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I will reiterate....Considering the lies Obi Wan and Yoda told Luke about his father....why is everyone so hung up on another thing that Yoda said....possibly to motivate Luke to actually get in there and whack his own father.

Obi Wan's and Yoda's credibility is pretty much non-existent at that time.

Sow, Fandalorian and Vialco like this.
  5. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    It's not just Yoda's line to Luke. It's about Luke getting to Yavin, but never being told that there are two Jedi/Force users alive who can help him. In the new canon, it's been showing Luke struggling to learn more of the Force and his abilities between IV and V. If Kanan and Ezra are alive, why is no one informing Luke of them? Why no mention in the comics and novels about them? Dave Filoni acknowledged this in an interview for Gizmodo a few weeks ago and says they are away of this. So really, the only way to not make it a glaring continuity issue is to either kill them or send them into the Unknown Regions. But sending them away would still be pretty glaring. If they were still alive I'm sure Luke would know.

6. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    On Jedi Council John Campea just said he knows for sure, 100% that a new series is coming so I'm pretty sure this will be the last season. Finally lol

Vialco likes this.
  7. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Luke would know by TFA sure, but by ESB or ROTJ? I don't agree with that. Luke wasn't even aware he had a sister until ROTJ, so being open to the idea that there were two other force users (at a minimum) running around without his knowledge is something I can buy.

8. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    since the Freemakers Adventures season 2 pretty much confirms that Hera will live to Post ESB it makes me wonder if she lived up to Pre-TFA.

9. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Simply put, they are created after the OT. That's the problem about making new series in these timelines. If someone important shows up in this timeline you can ask that then why we didn't hear about it in the OT. But that also means that we should've heard about Yoda, Lando and Admiral Nachbar in the Episode IV New Hope too, but we didn't. Or we should've heard Jedi Dooku in the Episode I Phantom Menace too, but we didn't. The best thing to do is not trying to make sense of these timeline issues and accepting the new canon that they are working on.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  10. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I would say that the Story Group and any other people involved are already 10 steps ahead. So I imagine they have things already figured out. And who knows, when it is all said and done, the story will probably make sense.

11. Justrec

Justrec Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 13, 2014
    100 % the story will make sense with all the canon junkies they have on staff and with how careful they've been. The journey was just too annoying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

See Dave's interview, just after the premier of Rebels, he addresses this matter head on. We've beaten this horse to death so many times in the TV section.

jabberwalkie and cwustudent like this.
  13. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am just confused why they wouldn't just say this is the last season?

14. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Because it's not. If it were, they'd have said so with the renewal.

15. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I don't think per say that season 4 is the last one. If it is, we will find out in celebration in a week. I think we might get a 5th season. I'm hoping though. Rebels could use it and they could wrap everything up. Sometimes, the hardest part is reading the reviews on the boards here. I know that Rebels is just an animated show, but , these guys have done great with the format. Eventually, they are going to have to start bringing out live television so that more serious, longer matters can be explained. The one big problem I see, is that the formula for star wars has always been kid/family friendly, so the real serious stuff is something new to an extent. I think

16. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    If Disney is ending a show, they always announce with a renewal if its the final season. If they're going to cancel it, they wouldn't have even given it a fourth season.

17. cwustudent

cwustudent Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2011
    Maybe, maybe not. How long was TCW S5 on TV until Dave announced the cancellation?

18. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Assuming it is, the only reason they wouldn't announce Season 4 as the last season when they announced the renewal is that they're planning to announce the new animated show at celebration, before which they would come out an say S4 is the last.

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    either way in a week we'll be getting a buttload of news Hopefully we'll get the answers we need about whether or not Season 4 is the last season or not.

podjazd likes this.
  20. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012

Bingo.

If the long rumoured post-RoTJ show is coming, Disney will want it announced at Celebration along with the final season of Rebels. Big news is this wouldn't be randomly put on Twitter or a YouTube video.

21. StarWarsFreak93

Jan 20, 2015
    Totally different situations, my friend. TCW was canceled partially due to the Lucasfilm buyout. AndDisney operates differently with their shows. Go see any Disney Channel show renewal and they'll say if it's the last season.

22. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Disney doesn't always say so in the renewal. Fans didn't know that Gravity Falls would end until just before the second to last episode aired.

23. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    So, it's next week then. Then a very long wait until the premiere of season 4. I hope they don't do like they did with Siege of Lothal.

24. Sandtrooper956

Sandtrooper956 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2015
    I'm just hoping they don't show the premiere at celebration. I absolutely hate it when they do that because there's no way I can avoid spoilers until October, it ruins it for me. I wouldn't mind getting the premiere in the summer though, makes the wait easier.

25. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    On Collider's Jedi Council show on Thursday John Campea said that he can say for a 100% certainty that a new show is in production and that he actually knows a lot of details about the new show but can't say anything about it just yet. They are all pretty sure we will get an announcement about the new show at Celebration.

Now the people at Collider aren't working at Lucasfilm and they obviously aren't creating any Star Wars material but many of them work within the entertainment industry to some degree and they do have connections within the entertainment industry.

Sandtrooper956 just avoid going to certain threads like this and googling about Rebels on the internet.