main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars Tarot

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by QueenHighMistress, Jun 18, 2009.

1. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The court cards, Page, Knight, Queen, and King, are sometimes represented as Princess, Prince, Queen, and King. I chose to stay with the traditional representations for a very practical reason: There aren't all that many women in the Star Wars saga. The court cards are more often about people and personalities as opposed to the numbered cards more often being about events and situations.

Page of Wands

The Page is a faithful person, a risk-taker, passionate and energetic. He is full of spirit, as are all the Wand court cards, and he likes being in charge.

[​IMG]

Wedge Antilles, the only X-Wing pilot other than Luke to survive both Death Star battles, grows from a skilled pilot to the leader of his own squadron. Faithful to the cause and to his friends, he is willing to take risks in order to get the job done.

2. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    =D= Impressive, most impressive, as always =D=

I really like how you match the meaning of each card and its scene so well :cool:

3. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Knight of Wands

The Knight of Wands represents a person who is always in motion, an aggressive, headstrong and fiercely loyal -- to people and to ideas -- person. There is strength, nobility, trust and warmth here, as well.

[​IMG]

All of these qualities are embodied by Chewbacca. loyal to his friends, and to Han Solo in particular, Chewbacca is always moving, whether in a fight, in a spacecraft, or into a warm embrace. His aggressive nature does not, however, make him mean, and he has been known to think with his stomach.

4. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Queen of Wands

The Queen of Wands is a strong-willed leader, an activist, a larger-than-life person with a larger-than-life will, who achieves larger-than-life goals. The extension of this is that the Queen of Wands can also be overbearing, overwhelming, and intimidating.

[​IMG]

Princess Leia, with her mysterious and powerful role in the Rebel Alliance, both inspires and overwhelms those around her, whether a galaxy-weary smuggler or a farm boy from a backwater planet. Deeply passionate about her cause, she makes an effective leader who is also deeply involved in her cause. This passion extends to her friends and family.

5. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    King of Wands

Charismatic and energetic, the King of Wands loves adventure and challenges. People either love him or hate him, but he has his own code of honour and is a tenacious man. Sometimes his tenacity can turn to stubbornness, but he always cares for his friends and family.

[​IMG]

Han Solo is the King of Wands. The end justifies the means in his code of honour, so he is perfectly comfortable smuggling and rebelling, and the danger and excitement that go along with it are icing on his cake. The charming scoundrel, Han is stubborn and strong-willed like Leia, but, also like Leia, his caring for his friends exerts a strong pull on his spirit -- strong enough to prompt his return to Yavin to take a shot at Darth Vader so Luke can destroy the Death Star.

6. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    yes i would like a set too...and if you have what each card means. I bought my first set about 6 months ago...it is the generic set, but they just aren't working for me. I tried a set at the store that was ireland kittehs or something...it was great. Sarah & I went to the metaphysical fair and there was a set there that i really liked, but i didn't love.

7. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    We'll have to figure out how print them for the people who want one. And I have a file with all the meanings, so I can make booklets of that, too, when the time comes.

I don't even know how many decks I have at this point. 12 or 15? Somewhere in there. I usually research a deck before I buy, but sometimes not. I have some that were gifts, too.

8. Katsu_MaRoy

Katsu_MaRoy Jedi Master star 2

Nov 21, 2006
    Add me to this list.

Plain cards has micro perf cards. Not sure how the hand feel would be, but good for collectors:
    http://plaincards.com/Tarot.html

9. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I think this is the place Zoo was talking about I have a different printer now, much better, so maybe I can test print some on card stock and see how they look.

10. -Gundark-

-Gundark- Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 1, 2010
    Wonderful work, as always Q :cool:

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Thanks, Gundark!

It looks like the card blanks are $13.25 per set (which actually contains a few extras --for the inevitable printer jams, I imagine). Then there's ink. I think there's some testing to do. Also, Zoo had once mentioned it might be cheaper/easier to make color copies. (Zoo, chime in if I'm remembering wrong/incompletely.)

Suggestions welcome on methods, etc.!

On to Cups!

12. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    The suit of Cups represents the direction of West, the element of Water, and the emotional realms of a person. Emotions flow though us like water, wash over us like water, and can be dammed and bottled up like water. Cups encompass all emotions, including emotional extremes and the forces that come with such extremes -- water can carry us away and even drown us. Cups can also sometimes be dreams and intuition, which are closely tied to emotions.

Ace of Cups

This is usually a person beginning to feel a new welling of emotion or having some new and vivid dreams. The desire is there without the action being carried out. As the Ace, this is the foundation of the emotion and can be the purest form of it. This is a card of emotional change, emotive actions, and the beginning of an emotional journey. It is the house of the heart, but it can signal instability and revolution.

[​IMG]

Luke drinking from the cup is the Ace. Here we have just met him, and in this scene he discusses his desire to leave his aunt and uncle and join the academy. He's dreaming big, but he can't make it happen. Ironically, his uncle's love for him is what is keeping him where he is, as Owen is afraid of what Luke could become if he sets off into the galaxy on his own.

13. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Two of Cups

The Two of Cups is the recognition of love, which can take many forms: passion, friendship, romantic love, soul mate. It signals the discovery of someone who cares about and understands another. This card can also signal a union of some sort, and harmony and cooperation.

[​IMG]

Han and Leia on Endor are the Two of Cups. Their kiss here is not the kiss of desperation on Cloud City, nor the kiss of reunion that they shared at the Ewok village (or the combination of the two at Jabba's palace). This is the moment when they know everything will be all right; the Empire is defeated, Luke is safe (and is not in competition for Leia's affections), and the happy ending is in sight.

14. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Three of Cups

The Three of Cups is the card of celebration and grace. The victory is achieved, and the happiness, merriment, and relief that follow are in full swing, with the promise of something new on the horizon.

[​IMG]

Anakin after the pod race is the Three of Cups. His hard-won victory ensures that the Jedi will get the parts they need to fix their ship and continue their mission, and it will also carry Anakin off to a new life. And, in the words of his mother, he has brought hope to those who have none.

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Four of Cups

The Four of Cups is a card of stagnation, status quo, and dissatisfaction. When weary and bored, people can neglect that which is in front of them, or not see a change coming. Often, when a person is in this position he doesn't even know what he wants, thus is unable to pursue it.

[​IMG]

Luke enters again as the dissatisfied youth in the Four of Cups. His uncle refuses to let him go, and he feels trapped by circumstances beyond his control. Moments after this scene, he told his aunt and uncle, "It looks like I'm going nowhere," and that is the central theme of this card.

16. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Five of Cups

The Five of Cups is a card of regret and remorse, with some loss thrown in for good measure. A large emotional hurdle must be overcome in order to discover previously hidden resources.

[​IMG]

In this image, Luke returns to his aunt and uncle's farm to find that the stormtroopers of the Empire have killed them. He regrets that he wasn't there to help them, and he returns to Obi-Wan with a new resolve to leave Tatooine and help Princess Leia, believing there is nothing on Tatooine for him now. But he has unfinished business, and he will return to Tatooine one day.

17. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Six of Cups

The Six of Cups is harmony, balance, and happiness. The memories and nostalgia of childhood, something or someone coming back from the past, and childhood fantasies are all possible meanings of this card. It could also indicate things from the past or from childhood that may have disappeared, such as innocence, purity, and trust.

[​IMG]

The Jedi Younglings are the Six of Cups. They are, for now, safe and secure inside the Jedi Temple, with Master Yoda instructing them. Yoda becomes playful and gentle while with the younglings, chiding Obi-Wan when one of the children solves his question, their minds uncluttered by adult preconceived notions.

18. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Seven of Cups

The Seven of Cups is about choices and indecision. It's also about dreams and fantasies that can overwhelm decision making. Sometimes we face decisions but feel we have no control over them. Sometimes wishful thinking, hopes and fears, and sentiment all become factors in the decision. This card signals the need for direction and control.

[​IMG]

Luke's on Tatooine, watching the binary sunset. Now, however, he knows there is more out there beyond those suns, and he wishes he was a part of it. He has seen Leia's message and is interested in meeting Obi-Wan Kenobi, but his uncle is determined to keep him home. He feels he must comply with his uncle's wishes and get the droids' memories wiped, letting go of any hopes of adventure that Leia's message sparked.

19. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Eight of Cups

This card is about loss and change, especially due to the death of a loved one or of a cherished idea. Desertion, abandonment, separation, and discouragement can lead to going into the unknown, an internal transformation and a new point of view. Along with internal changes can also come physical movement or a change of setting.

[​IMG]

In this image, Anakin loses his mother, getting to her too late to save her. As he feels that her life has abandoned him, he abandons part of his Jedi training, taking his first act of vengeance in killing the Tusken Raiders who killed her. He begins his descent toward the Dark Side -- promising his dead mother that he will someday be strong enough to defeat death.

20. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Nine of Cups

The Nine of Cups is a happy card, perhaps the happiest in the deck. Success, advantage, contentment, completion, especially in relationships, well-being, and concord are hallmarks of this card. That which has been hoped for has been attained, wishes are fulfilled, and needs are met.

[​IMG]

Here, Anakin wins over Padmé. He attains her; his wishes and fantasies are fulfilled. Both of them are happy, enjoying food, nature, and each other's company, and falling for each other on abundant Naboo, far away from the pressures of politics and Jedi life.

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ten of Cups

The culmination of the suit of Cups, the suit of emotion, is a permanence of love, friendship, joy, and family. It is perfect success, fulfillment, peace and calm, with repose of the heart and relaxation. This is where the emotional reward is found. This is salvation.

[​IMG]

The departed Jedi look on their student, now a Jedi in his own right, who has not only saved the galaxy from the Empire, but who has also redeemed his father. The long darkness is over, and the elder Jedi know their order is in good hands and can leave this world behind for their rest.

22. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Page of Cups

Pages, with the spirits of children, are often the bearers of messages. The Page of Cups usually brings a message of love, romance, family, or heartbreak. As a person, the Page of Cups is a daydreamer, one who doesn't pay attention to the world around him. Loyal, kind, and extremely sensitive, often to a fault, his emotion can overwhelm him and cause him to lose focus.

[​IMG]

Jar Jar Binks is the Page of Cups. He's kind and caring, and oblivious to much of reality, which causes him to get himself into trouble. As a messenger, he foreshadows Anakin's love for Padmé, and also the tragedies to come, some of which he will play an active part in, allowing his emotion and impulse to get the better of him.

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Knight of Cups

Knights are more like adolescents than children, with a vision that is often black and white, and they are about movement and change. The Knight of Cups is often a dreamy, moody, sensitive, and deep individual, with fierce loyalty and strong emotions.

[​IMG]

R2-D2 is the Knight of Cups. He's been all over the galaxy and he knows the stakes and the players when Princess Leia gives him the mission to take the Death Star plans to Obi-Wan Kenobi on Tatooine. Loyal, even devoted, to his people and the cause of the Alliance, he is sometimes snarky and impulsive, but he is clever. And is he ever able to keep secrets!

24. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Queen of Cups

The Queens are usually mature women, often in charge of something. They signal growth and development; they take motivation and make it manifest. The Queen of Cups is an emotional healer, a reconciler, sometimes scary, sometimes mysterious and dreamy, but always an affectionate, loving person. Her intuition is strong, and so is her temper if you get on the wrong side of it.

[​IMG]

Leia is the Queen of Cups. She's both a diplomat and a warrior, a sister and a lover. She relied on her intuition to rescue Luke and made friends with the Ewoks quickly. At this point in Return of the Jedi, towards the end of the saga, with her hair down and her love for her friends at its most unfettered, that she embodies the Queen of Cups.

25. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    King of Cups

Kings are the driving force, the motivation and the planners. They command and create, rallying people to come together for a cause, and they aspire to greatness; they can also be extremely stubborn. The King of Cups is a person who is kind, gentle, and loving, sentimental and a little old-fashioned. He puts his family first, even to a fault, always coming to the rescue even if the rescuee's problems are self-inflicted. Often spiritual or religious, he can be prone to melancholy and have an artistic temperament.

[​IMG]

Luke, also near the end of Return of the Jedi, is the King of Cups. Rallying the Rebels to victory over the Empire, he has stubbornly held to the idea that his father had good left in him and was proved right. The new paths of the Jedi and of the galaxy rest in his hands, and he will help Leia guide the future with love, respect, and tolerance.