main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Star Wars STAR WARS: The Road to the Final Episode

Discussion in 'Role Playing Forum' started by Sinrebirth , Apr 27, 2022.

1. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    IC: Tobias Nyx
    Fallen

No doubt he would feel it. The shuddering snap of a thousand strings as they were delicately ripped away from the the cluster of space the Master of Masters had manipulated. The reason his new found acquaintance had decided to let his spawn free would more than likely elude the man with no face. Though, no doubt he would have his theories.

What was for certain was that it had been a deliberate choice, not one forced onto the blue eyed man. As the hooded man had seen first hand what had happened from such a forcible severing.

And yet they remained. Lurking out there...

Tobias Kya, captured by Krayt.
    Tobias Vox, or 'The Son' as he now called himself, eluding the grasp of the Master.
    The third Azathoth, now before him as a willing subject though with his leash freed...

Licht, and his quiet thoughts in ages past.
    Nyubis and his honest forceful nature.
    The ever shy and timid Arthur Sanders.

Yes, they were all free now.

And as for... The Patriarch himself... he was silent... for all tense and purposes he was dead.

And then...

[​IMG]
    "He's gone Wapoe..." mouthed Tobias Nyx.

"He freed them all,"

TAG: @Sinrebirth

Will combo Azathoth soon ;)

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  2. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The following is a combo with Mitth Fisto, Lady Belligerent, Sinrebirth, and a special guest appearance by Darth_wanderguard – thank you so much!

IC: Darth Haretisch, Bellorum (Braata), Dunkeel (Faya), Joren (Sistros), and the Shadow Man

The Well of the Dark Side, Mortis

~156 ABY~

There was blood on the ground. Darth Haretisch was staring at it, watching it bloom, like an asylum crazy might study an inkblot test, convinced that the correct answer to the question - "What do you see?" - was the key to freedom. Or to that greatest orgasm known as death. It was the latter that Darth Haretisch sought and more. Not only death but oblivion. That unfeeling, unseeing place wherein the color was only black and the number was only none. That was why he had done this. On a promise from the Left-Handed God, that he would be granted the blessing of non-existence, to forget his misdeeds not only in this life and this dimension but in all to follow and all which ran parallel. He would be granted this eternal reprieve, and in return, he had only to throw open the doors of hell itself so that Typhojem might step over the threshold and rule every reality.

And now he had done it. The battle had been protracted and the three had taken their obligatory pound of flesh. Lorekeeper had fallen first, having been hoisted into the air from a distance, and then spun and spiked head first onto the jagged volcanic rock which formed the floor of the well. There he lay, pupils fixed and skull cracked like an egg while Manticore and Syren fought on as a duo. Syren had fallen next, though her death was slow. Though too weak and too disarmed to move she had nonetheless been fully conscious for the piecing up of Darth Manticore which would then commence.

And now it was over, and three bodies lay at his feet. Dart Haretisch breathed a sigh of victory, though not a contented one, and extinguished his lightsaber. The pain was immense inside and out, but it was almost over. The circle stood only meters beyond, and now he had only to place the bodies within it and the gate would open.

He now realized that the blood on the ground was his own. His belly was cut deeply. His right hand split from the center and half of it cut free in a vicious arc away from his wrist. At some point, he couldn’t remember when most of his teeth had been smashed and his jaw so broken that now he could hardly speak. One eye was swollen nearly shut. One leg gashed open by a lightsaber so far up his thigh that he had nearly been neutered. His cheeks were wet, too, but it might have been blood or it might have only been his tears.

Do it. Open the gate. You’ve won.

"Let us heal your wounds," came a voice. "We can help you out of this mess."

He looked up with a start. Confusion.

"You…" he said, or had tried to say, but only a gush of blood had issued in place of the word. He puckered his cheeks, gathered, and spat hard on the ground to clear his mouth.

"Who are you?" he slurred, barely intelligible. "You… won’t stop me."

Dunkeel was dislocated only briefly, memories surfacing that were not his. What had happened here, he verily knew, had doomed them all - voracious as sin itself, Typhojem would come through and slay the cosmos. Many of his closest friends would die or had died here, dragged into the walking infernal dimension that was the Left-Handed Lord.

The man, inheritor of Soliloquy's memories, and versed in the Keys that had caused so much grief, spoke up to Darth Haretisch. "You know not us, well, not all of us, but we come to warn you of the treachery that you have." He looked at Bellorum and then spoke on. "Your daughter needs you, your nihilism will not serve her, I assure you."

A clawed hand rolled, and he used the Force to move the very blood itself, to siphon it away and reset the lock on the Well of the Dark Side - on the Gate that led to the very time when Typhojem still was alive -

Bell nodded at Dunkeel’s comment and spoke again to Haretisch, "you may not recognize us, but we know you and your actions well. This act of releasing Typhojem doesn’t end here, and you do die at this time."

She was desperately thinking of what they could use to sway him, but it really felt like stopping him was impossible.

"You knew me when I was younger, and there were times you trusted me," that was a stretch, and she knew it, "we know what will happen. You will be destroying every living thing in this timeline, and we can stop it here. If you want to die, I won’t stop you," her tone was firm now, "but I won’t allow you to destroy this galaxy."

Joren pursed his lips and watched Haretisch carefully, cognizant of Dunkeel’s actions at the Well and grateful for the continued efforts by both of his companions to placate the man. It had been a clever move to reference Hel, the Night Herald’s only daughter, to appeal to the man’s sensibilities. He viewed it as an opportunity, and he hoped to expand on that concept to further their goals.

"I remember you once told me that Hel was the center of your universe," Joren stated firmly as he added to the ongoing conversation. While he spoke, he turned his wrist at a slight angle, calling upon the Force to help Dunkeel. In addition to the blood, he was aware that the ritual also required the three bodies as a sacrifice. Haretisch needed to deposit them into the Well to open the gate, but if he continued to distract him with his words, perhaps they could eliminate that one critical piece and halt his plans.

"You explained that nothing else mattered," Joren carried on with more conviction. Even as the held the man's gaze, he reached out to touch Bellorum through their bond, silently asking for her assistance as he began to discreetly move the bodies toward the lava’s edge. "Everything you’ve ever done was for Hel’s benefit. You emphasized the importance of stability and the need to ensure a secure galaxy for her to inherit in the future. That was always your goal, even before I served under you as your Hand."

Joren bowed his head slightly and offered a rueful smile. "But what you’re doing here today," he lifted his free hand to indicate the Well and the desolate wasteland around them, "it’ll forfeit everything you’ve fought for. For yourself… for her. This reality will cease to exist, and there will be nothing left for Hel to gain. She will suffer for a time, and then she, too, will fall victim to Typhojem’s vengeful wrath. No one will be safe."

He narrowed his eyes, his expression hardening. "Is that what you want?"

Darth Haretisch’s grip weakened around the shaft of his lightsaber hilt. "So many lies," he exhaled. Every breath was more ragged. He hadn’t even noticed in his wounded state that the lock had been reset. His will had been exhausted and his body so broken by the fight that he had no ardor left, no angst sufficient to drive himself forward any further.

"I have done everything you asked," he continued, every syllable carefully enunciated to compensate for the mess which had been made of his jaw and his teeth. "I have forsaken all to make way for your coming. On only the promise of oblivion. And yet, you test my resolve with deceptions. As I have won, you place obstacles in my path."

He sunk to the ground, first to his knees then back onto his haunches, staining the lap of his pants with the blood from his stomach wound. He stared at the ground but his eyes were glazed and he saw only a blur, smudges of color in the dim sulfurous glow of the well.

"You revel in my suffering," he said finally. "It was you, wasn’t it? You who orchestrated everything, so that I had nothing to stop me from becoming your tool, accepting your pact in the deep core. And for what? So that I could stand at the edge of the oblivion which I have sought, which you made me seek, and be denied?"

He shook his head, and the last of his defiance shattered into a manic joy as he laughed, embracing the absurdity with his final breaths. Then he sagged, fell, and lay still.

Perhaps the loss of blood accounted for how Haretisch responded, but he was right; how could he be denied now when he had given it all? For a century and more, he had served the Left-Handed Lord and passed his treacheries out.

All the man sought was oblivion, and he seemingly took it - no longer invested in whether he succeeded or was thwarted. He merely wanted to die, and, here and now, he took that route.

The blood eased away from the Gate, and the ritual was interfered with, but the Well remained part-open; how could it not, for they had passed through it... and behind them, well, the oily black that was Typhojem sought to come through...

The Gate sealed and deposited a liquid goo on the floor.

It stood as a fully-formed Shadow Man.

[​IMG]

Now you die.

Dunkeel watched the man die and the sadness of the waste pulled at his core. It was a pull slicked with the blood he now drank, slicked and lasted barely a moment. Sniffing he noted the goo that had been left behind, but this he instinctively knew not to try to eat. Not without the abhorrent notion of cooking first - too well done. The growl started low in his throat as it shifted and sprang to life as an aspect that was merely them-sized.

"Perhaps," Dunkeel growled as he reached out to the others to present a stalwart and unified front in the Force as well as in body. "But I will not go. Shutter your eye I will." Fang blazed and danced a little wavering pattern in the air. Tugging in the Force as he weaved a guarding barrier around them all, a suit of armor borne of the Force. It was not much, an ounce of protection that might not work but was a breath better than any could hope to fashion in any armorer's fire outside of Mandalore. 'Shall we? Once more,' he mentally asked through their bond.

Bellorum nodded to Dunkeel, agreeing to work together and to thank him for the shield that protected the trio. His timing was perfect because she had an idea.

Touching Joren’s arm, Bell asked him without speaking to stop sliding the three bodies towards the lava. "I’ll need help once I have them prepared," she told both Dunkeel and Joren. The bodies were close enough for her to step forward and touch them.

Bell crouched over the woman who had been Syren first. Images of how Syren had treated Bellorum’s beloved Aryan flashed through her mind. It was unforgivable.

Anger and resentment rose in her until she felt heat rising in her palms. Syren had been destructive, now what was left of her would be used for Bell’s means. It was satisfying that her life ended here to stop the wretched Typhojem while Aryan watched.

Flames filled Bell’s hands, and when she touched Syren, the flames slowly spread across the woman’s body. Bell then moved quickly between the bodies of the two men, she grasped the face of both in turn, imprinting their bodies with her flaming palms.

She had been careful to start the fires slowly, they needed to build up into a smoky mass first. The heat melted flesh and fat, which was then soaked into the clothing they had been wearing. Bell had created three massive inside-out candles fueled by their own body fat trapped inside their heavy robes and cloaks.

"Now, Joren," she whispered for his help to push the bodies closer together. Then to pull Syren across Manticore and Lorekeeper, allowing the three corpses to meld together into the smoky flames. Smoke was swirling around the three and filling the area with its acrid haze.

Her eyes glowed watching the flesh shrink as it cracked and dehydrated, limbs contracting until each had curled into pugilistic stances. How fitting it was that the three now resembled post-mortem fighters with their flexed elbows and knees, their fists raised and clenched. "We will dictate their last actions to accomplish our means," Bell said, willing the dead to fight for them.

"Now!" She urged her companions to lift the fiery mass and then fling it into the shadowy man with all their might.

There was no time to think or reflect on the series of events that had just transpired. It all happened in quick succession, from Darth Haretisch's passing to the Shadow Man's appearance from the supernatural realm. Even when Dunkeel called for solidarity and erected a Force shield to protect them from their foes, Joren could not find a moment to stop and acknowledge his efforts. He simply had to act.

And so, when Bellorum touched him through their bond and rallied them one last time, the former professor did not hesitate.

Pulling on all of his resources, Joren gathered the Force about him and envisioned a vibrant ball of energy within his mind. As he poured out his strength, he encouraged it to pulse and expand, adding to its exuberance. His exertion also built up an immense pressure that seemed to permeate the very air around them. It made it difficult to breathe, and the flames that marked the blazing pyre appeared to waver under its might.

Nevertheless, he did not ease up on his efforts. The pressure continued to mount, rising higher and higher until—

Joren unleashed the wave of energy with a feral scream, extending his arms to angle it toward the burning mass of bodies. The Force swept up the inferno, swirling it into a furious cyclone before impacting the Shadow Man square in the chest.

Hopefully, it would be successful in knocking the phantom into the lava lake beyond.

The Gate closed.

He was but a slither of himself.

He raged.

A wave of his blades and power crashed upon the three of them; no, upon the golden glyphs that were woven upon them.

Agony rose up within Dunkeel as his will met His will, blood bursting from his lips in the paroxysm.

But then the blast slammed into Him, a maelstrom of energy and fire and pain.

He crashed into the wall of the Well, sending cracks coruscating up the stone in a jagged promise.

His features writhed as if alive, as if his very skin roiled against Him.

[​IMG]

Joren and Bellorum's hands blistered, burned, butchered, by the power they had summoned.

Slowly, He stood back up.

Her body was battered and burned, yet she managed a small smile thinking of how Aryan would flip out over her current state.

Bell was far from giving up, but something occurred to her, "this guy is a god, can we even kill a god?" She asked her companions, half-seriously.

She positioned herself between Joren and Dunkeel, "I’ll act as the ties binding us," she gripped each with her hands, "we do this together, let’s hurry while he seems weakened."

Bellorum focused on the already broken wall, exerting her will to crumble it inward.

Joren nodded and gathered his strength, pulling on Bellorum’s resolve to bolster his stamina. While the recent attack had left his hands blackened and seared, it was no longer a hindrance. As the adrenaline coursed through his veins, augmented by the living Force, his pain began to fade away, and he became one with his companions. They were together in both mind and spirit.

"As one," he reiterated loud enough for his fellow Protectors to hear, reinforcing their bond. He then planted his feet and watched under an intense gaze as Bellorum manipulated the Force to crumble the wall behind the Shadow Man.

As rock and mortar began to fall, Joren reached behind his back to retrieve the Scepter of Sistros. He instinctively tightened his fingers around the staff, the action conjuring a series of images that flashed across his mind’s eye. It was a vision; a retrospective memory from a few years ago when he had utilized the Scepter of Ragnos to destroy Nouane. It was clear to him that there were parallels between the two scenarios.

It was another echo.

One Dark.

And one Light.

He couldn’t help but smile at that notion. The Force certainly had an eccentric sense of humor. This was his opportunity to set things right and atone for his mistakes.

Empowered by this revelation, Joren lowered his chin and focused on Typhojem’s wavering essence. The Force noticeably stirred as he summoned the Scepter’s power, the light springing forth to generate long tendrils of energy that danced in scintillating patterns around the enclosed space. He fed on this vibrant intensity and encouraged both Bellorum and Dunkeel to do the same, enveloping them in a spectral embrace as his eyes shifted from their usual blue-gray to a brilliant white to reflect the luminous energy coursing through them.

"This ends now," Joren rumbled in a deep baritone, his conviction resonating across the distance that separated them.

He then angled the staff and unleashed the Scepter’s power on the Shadow Man.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto; @Lady Belligerent; @Darth_wanderguard; @Sinrebirth

3. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Vydra Delomeux & The Spirit Posse, Maz Kanata, Abeloth, Pascale Rouser (Twilight clone), Smith

This was interesting. Vydra listened on as Beaumont and Maz spoke about a contingency that this…Galactic Empire had created. They clearly had a plan should anything happen.

When Beaumont spoke to Qwi regarding whether they built or planned weapons "I'm not sure. I heard of a research base here but I didn't know it was linked to this Contingency".

As they rounded the corner a gate appeared, Vydra raised his blade into Guard of the Hawk stance just in case something came through.

And in fact two people did, an alien and….another Pascale? He caught the other two's shock as well as the third. Because the third one had an Echo and looked exactly like his Twilight counterpart. And alive and well.

The clone was wondering what was going on. There were spirits of him, one older with a wedding ring, one exactly like him. Was that the version of him that had died? He wasn't sure.But this needed clearing up.

The alien however spoke up and Vydra could feel the darkness rolling off him "I don't think you belong here" he said "Time to get you back through the gate".

Pascale clone looked to whom he thought was Manticore…no it was all wrong. What the hell had happened? Could he call his bow now that he was back in his own galaxy? (The man's lightsaber was a giveaway and the fact Qwi was there)

Meanwhile Qwi's eyes widened. Another Pascale? And alive? Where was this one from? No doubt he would explain after the darksider was dealt with.

The Sith, styled like Maul, glowered.

"Shall we?"

He ignited a blade, clumsily, perhaps.

This wasn't his forte, sword-fare, but he could adapt.

He was an Agent, after all.

With a leap, he rushed them -

Beaumont shouted. "Look out!"

The three Pascales would feel a resonance that was almost painful for Vydra, and Abeloth looked back to him, distracted -

Maz lifted a hand and the Zabrak powered through her Force blow, marshalling bodily strength to swing for her head as she covered her face -

All three Pascale's doubled over in pain and Vydra did the same, except he had to push through it as the others were in trouble.

Qwi meanwhile had to try and help "Help the Pascales" she said to Beaumont "We'll need all of them if we are to defeat this Sith thing. I'll help Vydra, we'll need his blade".

Qwi then focused on Vydra to help push the pain away as Vydra came forward to bring his blade down and around to push the Sith's away before it struck Maz.

The spiritual ones began to fade in and out, as if the mere co-existence of them meant that they were struggling to exist, and flesh and blood had a greater purchase in the world...

Beaumont rushed over, trying to work out what to do. "Qwi, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!"

There was panic in his voice.

Abeloth snarled. "Doesn't anyone understand Force Walking anymore?"

She rushed over to the newest Pascale, smiling maniacally in-spite of herself. "Do you know who I am?"

The lightsaber impacted with the Force Wall, and Manticore-Smith grinned. "Interesting."

He appeared to be looking into the sky, but was rummaging through his host's memories. "So I can do... this."

He stepped back and unleashed a bolt of Force lightning at Vydra -

Qwi was in the way!

The Pascale clone was still doubled over, Manticore it seemed was not himself and he could not think straight to try and see if he could call his bow. He growled to the creature beside him "No, but my Echo detects you are a goddess like dark creature, so your help is not warranted".

Pascale's One and Twilight were struggling too, and they both knew that they might fade away at any moment. Time was bending.

Qwi called back to Beaumont "Lend them your-" but had to dive out of the way of the Force lightning so Vydra could block with his blade which he did "Oh I am mad now" she hissed.

"Scratch that, will need you to come and help me and Vydra!" Qwi said as she raised her hand to try and deflect the lightning or send it back. Her other hand reached backwards to grab Beaumont's when he arrived.

Meanwhile Vydra had an inkling of what was going on. Because of the third Pascale being around, the other two were being erased. And that could not happen. Maybe perhaps he could try something.

However it could drain him and with this Sith being about it could endanger the others. But it would be the only way to save the Pascale's.

He thought instead of spoke Maz, Abeloth, Qwi, Beaumont try to distract the Sith. I need to concentrate to do this. Pascale's One and Twilight you need to unite with the third or you will disappear. And I'd rather have you all whole than not…

The remaining two Pascales looked at each other. They looked apprehensive but…

"We would be able to live a life again" said Pascale Twilight "A life I never had. A chance to feel happiness again and go on new adventures".

Pascale One nodded "And I will have a chance to see Feyna and Julee again. Even if it is for one more time. To see my family".

The third Pascale nodded "I would rather be whole than fractured. And I would rather live a life full of memories and history than starting anew".

Vydra nodded and locked on to the third Pascale's Echo which in recognising him locked on to him. The two Pascales locked on to that link and closed their eyes whilst Qwi pushed harder to deflect and Vydra continued to block with his blade as he concentrated.

Beaumont turned and rushed Manticore, who flinched because Smith didn't know it was merely an incorporeal spirit. He went through the Zabrak, and Smith turned, launching a lightning bolt at him which sent Beaumont tumbling, in pain -

Maz gestured, shoving him, but Manticore swept an arm and a Force wall sent her tumbling -

Abeloth scowled and launched herself upon him, ensnaring him in tentacles -

Vydra and the Pascale's, and Qwi, they had the right idea. The resonance was killing the spirits, and the duplicate was the source. Qwi could view it like three elements that were co-existing within the same wavelength, overlapping, but not harmonising. She and Vydra, perhaps, could find a way to bind them together a tri-partite DNA string -

Qwi snarled as Beaumont went tumbling but Vydra needed help. He was doing most of the heavy lifting. And he was handling the spirit part.

The science though was up to her. And thankfully Abeloth had the Sith ensnared at the moment. "Beaumont i'll be there as soon as I can just hold on…"

Three spirits into one body. She closed her eyes letting her mind and spirit go to work. Just had to find the strands. Locking on…..okay just have to find the sequences….got it!

Vydra was sensing what was going on and locked onto what was happening. All together now he thought catching on to the DNA string that Qwi had found and forming a link the Pascale's could use.

They all linked together as one.

TAG: @Sinrebirth , (@JediMasterAnne and @greyjedi125 for mentions)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2022
    greyjedi125 likes this.
  4. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    Meeting the enemy

Darth Cocytus smiled thinly as Alecto used the Force on the interloper's neck. He could feel her anger and hatred, the Dark Side quite strong with her. Plus, it was amusing seeing her with a would-be victim, dabbling in the Force and testing her powers. However, there's a time and place for such things, and this wasn't one of them.

"Lady Alecto, let the poor man go." Cocytus spoke calmly with a wave of his hand, "There is no need for such…"

His words trailed as he looked behind him, watching the "Pure Titans" still wreak havoc across the city, and a part of him really wondered if this truly was the end of this world. Cocytus felt a tinge, if just a tiny speck, of sympathy towards the people, having their ambitions and passions reduced to rubble and bloodshed by monsters. Such a tinge was subconsciously stamped out after mere seconds, but it was still there nonetheless, but this was all to the ends of another's ambitious agenda, even if one Cocytus may have to oppose.

Speaking of whom…

Cocytus's eyes glowed as he suddenly found himself along with the others on a beach, standing now before the one who was clearly the Titans' leader. He glanced at Ike, agreeing with the earlier sentiment that they may as well not hide it any longer, not that they gave much effort doing so to begin with.

"Very well, if you must know who we are, but can you comprehend such knowledge?" Cocytus replied with a smirk, "To simplify, reality is a lot bigger than you may think, and we are not of this world. I am Darth Cocytus, Dark Lord of the Sith, and this is my apprentice, Darth Alecto."

His smirk thinned ruefully.

"As for how we got here… We were on our own quest throughout reality and found ourselves stranded… right at the start in fact. Unfortunate."

His eyes glowed as he sneered.

"Now you speak who you are, and what is the reason for this madness…"

@greyjedi125 @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jun 20, 2022
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori II Atreus
    Eriadu

Jori remained silent and observant of what was going on. She was going to gather more information before making a decision or making a move. Although she would have to find the balance between indecisiveness and impulsiveness.

She wondered if her grandfather’s gamble would pay off. That would be interesting to see. To have someone who was presumed dead come back and start making wild claims. She could not blame the Eriaduans if they were… cautious about the whole thing.

Especially if the Empire was involved.

She wondered if this was Palpatine’s Empire, or some other type. In the past few years there were a number of Empires running around and fighting each other, so it was hard to follow who served whom.

Jori gave a mental sigh “I, Jori the second with that name, of the House Atreus, Kuat of Kuat, confirm my grandfather’s words and I too am here to restore our pride.” Hopefully that will be enough for now.

She tried to maintain her composure at the mention of food, she had not eaten properly since… since Kuat. The tentacles coming from Qi’ra had ruined her appetite earlier, but now that the memory was fading a bit… she would not mind something to eat.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

darthbernael likes this.
  6. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lady Kardis Talathee
    Chess Games

The power which was before them, she recognized from earlier, which meant they were both one and the same. She had planned to answer the being as a ‘peer’, for that was the nature of such beings. However, before she could form a word, another had stepped forward to speak to the being who addressed the group.

Their speaker, was Darth Cocytus, Dark Lord of the Sith.

Kardis simply smiled and took a step back, intrigued by the kaminoan’s actions. Did he possess skill an ability enough to treat with a true beings of power? Only experience would tell, so this was a good time to witness what he could do.

By his manner, one might say he could use some polish- but still, it would be good to see what would come from the encounter. In the meantime, Kardis could utilize the opportunity to maximize the time to further analyze the ambient energy matrix and possibly devise an exit strategy.

It would take a very powerful spell.

Then it was fortunate, that she was very powerful.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Darth Cocytus

7. darthbernael

darthbernael EU Community Mod, Fuego, Pyrofuego! star 5 Staff Member Manager

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin and Marana
    Landing zone, Eriadu

Armor shifted as Marana snorted, ”We’ll see how good he is as a commander…” She paused, flushing slightly, as she glanced at Tarkin who had a thin lipped smile upon his face. ”I mean no offense to the martial abilities of Eriadu, of course.”

”Of course…’ he replied dryly. Reaching a hand, he settled it on Jori’s shoulder, ”Astutely done, granddaughter.” he said softly.

”My one concern is whether this gamble will pay off fully. Eriaduans respect strength and, should we not project it from the start, they will seek another to lead.” he mused, glancing at Arb, chuckling for a moment.

He glanced out of the viewscreen again, taking in the more resting position of the troops now. Looking down at his own garments, he straightened his suit, flicking an unseen speck of dust from it before turning, the tip of his cane tapping the floor as he did so.

Crooking his arm to Marana, he smiled at Jori, doing the same with his other, only a slight downturn to his lips hiding the wince at the pain of doing so, in his leg. ”Shall we go see if they plan to poison us at this meal?” he asked, almost jovially.

Shaking her head slightly, ”They should be more worried of what we may do but they do have the advantage of numbers.” Smiling slightly, ”This should be…interesting, shouldn’t it, One Eye?”

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral likes this.
  8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    A Combo with the Masterful Master @Sinrebirth

IC: Darth Manticore
    A Deeper Conundrum

Manticore, follow!

He’d heard Pascale’s words loud and clear, but he couldn’t react. Three Agents were on him and he’d been shot. It was his Teras Kasi knowledge of internal armor that protected his vitals from critical damage. Still, the wound and pain were significant- which allowed him to burst into a Dark Rage.

Manticore did not hold back as he unleashed devastating attacks against the three Agents, all his speed and all his strength, bristled was the measure of a Sith Lord. So much so that Caliburn seemed to sing a mournful requiem as he visited unequaled destruction upon he three agents. He’d given them no time to react, no time to counter, nor to defend- for he exploited the element of surprise to the fullest.

A swift gaze informed him that all three agents had been bested, severed into a great number of bloodless pieces. Still, dead is dead.

Feeling his power rapidly diminishing as he feared, the zabrak turned on his heel and leapt for the exit- only to be grasped by a hand that jotted out from beyond the threshold.

A searing sensation shot through his entire being as black ichor began to move fluidly over his body. Manticore could not immediately identify the attack, but felt his consciousness slipping, dark edges encroaching upon his vision. That he could not allow.

His only option was to ‘eject’.

Which he did, though he was not entirely sure what that would mean.

Stumbling backwards, he saw his ‘body’ go through the portal.

The old man made a gesture and the Exit sealed.

“Enough!!” the old man declared.

Manticore looked down at himself, uncertain as to what he was seeing, or how to describe his present condition.

Glancing to the side, he saw the three agents had been already reconstituted and they now stepped through the other door one more time. Manticore’s eyes narrowed as he appreciated his current predicament.

The Architect regarded Manticore for a time. “A Sith Lord, styled upon Darth Maul, yes?”

“What of it…!!?” the zabrak snapped back in irritation.

“I have grown beyond Maul’s limits.” He stated simply.

Manticore huffed, then turned fully to regard the Architect.

“Your rogue agent, Smith. Before now, he was not my problem. But now….”

A snarl escaped him, despite himself.

“He is a fool if he thinks he can posses the body of a Sith Lord. My body will perish without me, I have made sure of it -as a contingency against Sith Possession."

Manticore did not care to explain what he meant and simply moved on.

“Only my essence can sustain my body, only my essence can contain the power there in.”

Once again, he looked at himself, knowing that time was literally running out. For himself and his physical form.

“Smith, whatever he has become, is not truly alive, not like I am. You said you wanted him back ? Well then…I can assure you I am far more committed to in returning him to you, than any agent you could produce in this….matrix.”

The look in the zabrak’s face was positively murderous.

“So, if you’re going to do anything about it, you’ll need to be quick.”

The Architect bid the Agents depart, fiddling with his pen anew.

"What if I told you, within my world, your existence is a matter of fiction?"

He tapped, and revealed a set of scenes, as if shown by cameras filming.

Darth Maul and Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn battling in the depths of some corridor...

Savage Oppress finding an insane Darth Maul...

Asajj Ventress fighting besides Kenobi against them...

The brothers deciding who would be the Master and Apprentice...

Darth Sidious crushing them in battle, slaying Savage...

Dooku and Sidious battling Mother Talzin as Maul watched; General Grievous kiling her...

Ahsoka Tano and Maul fighting as Mandalore burned...

Maul meeting Qi'ra...

Malachor...

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul, fighting each over on the sands of a world...

Reincarnated, to face Vader on Kalakar Six...

His brain, used to create solid vision and battle Luke Skywalker...

A mystery, flying at a Demolition battle for favour of Jabba the Hutt...

Himself, or perhaps his son, standing besides a Twi'lek Lethan Sith, battling modern-looking Stormtroopers...

Tap, tap, tap.

"Does that intrigue you, as it does me?"

Manticore regarded the scenes through slitted eyes, most of them were familiar, at least the ones predating him. Some diverged, splintered- were they different realities? And what was this, a matter of fiction?

Manticore scoffed.

"Nice try. If I were 'fiction' you'd not trouble yourself." He concluded.

"How does any of this benefit me?" He rasped, still not convinced, but willing to listen. None of the paths shown directed him to his real body, they did not reunite him with Pascale, or enabled him to crush the boldest of thieves: Agent Smith.

Odd. A second question blossomed in his mind as he considered his evolving predicament. He fully expected an answer to his first question, whether it be true or a cunning deception remained to be seen ( he fully expected a cunning deception, of course).

"What of the Patriarch, is he fiction as well?"

He watched the other agents depart, clearly he was no longer a threat, even he could see that. He 'd expended his power and was simply fading now.

"Take your time..." He intoned with no small measure of sarcasm.

A tap.

Various images appeared.

Worlds upon worlds upon worlds.

Manticore wouldn't recognise many.

But there was definitely the Titan universe that the Patriarch had shown.

Beyond their own world of Star Wars, there were variants and variables to that too - Legends, and not, Infinities, and even a little 'verse where everyone was constructed from building blocks...

... that spun off into a score of other realities...

... many, many, many of them with alternaties and crossovers.

The Architect sniffed.

"We're all fictional, to one another, I suppose."

A graveness.

"The other side of our world; unreality..."

A sniff.

Many of the screens began to fixate upon a single man.

A Black-Coat.

[​IMG]

"He has been... wandering."

The Architect looked at the various screens, intrigued.

Manticore took it all in, all of it. What he understood as well as that which he did not, for these were all interconnected and in the final analysis- mattered. Especially if a certain 'possibility' was to be found- hidden, between a myriad other realities.

The zabrak set aside his more 'personal' troubles for a moment as he moved closer to the screens, studying them as well. How could one not find all of this compelling on some level.

He listened. And witnessed.

Then is eyes narrowed like never before.

The Black-Cloak.

Wapoe?

He too huffed at the image.

"Is that the Architect of all our woes?"

The words were delivered with vehement distaste. The pun, however, was also very much intended.

A snort.

"Undoubtedly," the Architect said, his eyes taking in a small black cat prowling the room, and then redirecting them to Manticore as swiftly.

A screen showed Pascale, surrounded by two other, spiritual, versions of Pascale, as Manticore himself battled a man with a lightsaber in an Imperial-style corridor. There was a squat alien woman with massive eyes working with the man against Manticore, even as the spirits and Pascale dropped to the floor, and the duellist rushed over -

And Abeloth slammed into Manticore's form, bowling it over.

"Ah, there is Smith."

A tap, and the image filled a dozen screens.

"He's inside your body, on a world known as Jakku," said another, more youthful voice.

[​IMG]

"The Analyst," the Architect absently introduced the newcomer. A point with his pen to the feline. "Remove Deja Vu. I have no need for distractions."

So, the Architect had some knowledge of Wapoe…

Manticore wished to probe the depth of that knowledge, but events were progressing at a fairly rapid pace. He made a mental footnote to revisit the topic.

A near by screen showed the recently departed Pascale, which immediately drew the zabrak’s interest.

What he beheld was a strange tableau of characters, but just as importantly, Manticore did wonder how was the Architect capable of viewing such a scene outside his realm of influence: beyond the Matrix.

Manticore’s lips curled as he saw his hijacked boy facing off against someone he did not recognize. Then he shook his head as his jaw dropped.

“What? You! You’re doing it all WRONG…..you IDIOT!?”

Manticore was visibly irritated by how badly Smith was making him look, even as he corrected his ‘hijacker’.

“You brainless pile of… WHAT are you doing?” He shouted at the image. “They’re just tentacles, use ‘Blade Hands’, ’Shocking Grasp’, ‘Force Repulse! Anything! AARRGH!!!”

The Sith Lord did not seem concerned that this was ‘Abeloth’ herself, seeing how he’d been training and growing his powers ever since Mortis. The Sith Order had been felled by a Dark Power beyond any they could have imagined before then. So they learned from that defeat and adapted. Darth Insipid had meticulously cultivated a court of Supreme Sith for a contingency.

Lord Hate was the a product of his careful ministrations.

But all that seemed like a fading dream in the face of this new reality.

A new voice filled his ears. Youthful. Charming. He disliked it already.

Manticore sighed, suppressing his disappointment as he turned. Watching his body perform so terribly was a bit more distressing that he cared to admit. A momentary distraction would do. ( At least Pascale seemed to be faring better than he was, as far as he could tell ).

The Architect made introductions.

“The Analyst…?” Manticore echoed. Unimpressed. His eyes roved to the black cat. Felines. Yes, they were good companions. At least someone got something right.

Many kind of ‘responses’ came to his mind, but most of them would not yield a profitable result, given his current position.

“Jakku?” He queried, eyeing this Analyst. This one’s outer appearance was meant to engender trust, which meant he was to be trusted the least.

“When?” He pressed. “What year, what era?”

The answer would certainly reveal a great many things.

The AI's were infinitely amused by the reaction of Manticore; how incompetent Smith was in that body.

The Architect arched a white eyebrow, and the Analyst answered. "Some fifty years after something called the Galactic Concordance; I believe by this worlds timeline, that would be 56 ABY?"

The older of the two quietly seethed.

There was a long silence at the Analyst’s revelation. Of course, the exact date was impossible to confirm by merely witnessing the events transpiring inside an imperial looking corridor.

The nagging image of Wapoe still skittered at the edge of his thoughts, but he ignored that for now.

“Can you send me to him with unerring accuracy, or any other point in time?”

Manticore asked carefully, his eyes still studying the screen, presently transfixed on what was happening with Pascale.

"And why would we do that," the Architect said, drily. "Smith is outside the system now, no longer our issue."

"Ah," the Analyst said, "not quite." He picked up the cat, and stroked her. The scene rewound, until Smith entered the room. It was an image, and another Manticore took his place, as much another Arhitect.

The Analyst indicated with his chin behind Smith. There was another.

The Architect seethed, silent, and the Analyst, out of his eye-line, slightly smiled.

Manticore regarded the new offerings from the Analyst, pondered their utility for a moment.

"Those are facsimilies." He accused. "Copies degrade with every generation and grow progressively inferior. I want my original body. It is too finely tuned. There is simply no substitute for it." He concluded.

"....but, I am listening." He added, signifying he was willing to discuss terms. He would find a way to get his body back, one way or another.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

9. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    IC: Soliloquy- A Combo with Sinre!
    Adrift Amongst the Stars

Soliloquy was reading an omniversal map as he was planning his travels when the unthinkable happened. Actually, no. That’s not right. He has always kept his things with him in case he got booted out of someplace. Always had to be ready to have only what you could carry with you to survive! That was the way of course, of course!

Still when he was booted out he had always expected it to be in a more literal sense. I mean really, who spaces somebody without the fanfare of an airlock! You let them bang and pound ineffectually for a minute or so and then whoosh! Out they go like freezing fish out of water. Wriggling and getting nowhere as the cold vacuous reality cruelly condemns them over agonized moments or minutes.

Of course being a Croke Soliloquy was merely perturbed and wondering which plan he would have to use, and whether he would be stranded for weeks or millennia. He was prepared either way, but did not look forward to being in holocron stasis again. Time would go sooooo slowly.

Luckily Box showed up, forming around him and giving his menagerie the air they needed to not be sacrificed in the coming time. “Thank you Box, I am fine. Perturbed, but fine.” Straightening his jacket he shook out the light bits of frozen water from his form. “So, where are we?”

Where, or when, perhaps

His Tho Yor lamented.

The stars alignment suggests we are roughly one century before the End of Time.

A whir.

As for where, we are near the world of Tython, in the Deep Core.

A pause.

There is a darksider present in-system, raging against something, or someone.

Another moment.

Orders?

"Century." Hmm. That made it recent memory for all events. Should be easy enough to navigate.

Tython wasn't a poor place to start off from either. The news of a darksider being present made him nod in passing. "Let's go see who rages and whether it is against the dying of the light, justice, or circumstance." Nodding he patted a panel within Box, caressing it lightly.

The ship moved in-system, and shortly orbited a world of green and blue... two moons, one Ashla, one Bogan.

The darksider was, of course, trapped on Bogan.

There was evidence of recent travel, which was curious, as the world had been abandoned for a millennium by most records.

And there it was, hovering over a Jedi Temple atop the peak of a hill; a Resurgent-class Star Destroyer; a battlecruiser.

It has not seen us yet.

"Bring us in low. A century. . ." he mused. That would mean this would be sometime around the swell of the Rebels into a republic, so that ship could be anything, anything if not for the evidence of the darksider. "Let's see who was left behind, that should answer a few questions. I'll need a new face, but otherwise try and refill your energy cells while we are here. I'm sure you have to be lower after all these trips."

The Tho Yor moved swiftly to avoid the stabbing sensors of the Star Destroyer.

As they swept, it became evident that there was a stream of mechanised drones moving from the world to the warship, carrying something Forceful, and replete...

Bogan loomed, and the ship settled down a respectable distance from the darksider.

For the moment, Soliloquy had time to decide upon his face...

Feeling it was time for a change Soliloquy felt the shape of Mister Barrow shift and ooze away, until a new one dawned upon his / her features. The features regal and crowned, but not denude of power or fangs.

[​IMG]

"Let's go meet the child." She calmly stated as she prepared for the advance. The answers to questions danced at the edges, and she was not one to merely let anything so passe as circumstance stand in her path of those answers.

The child in question was a man in a terrifying armour. Seemingly he had spent time fashioning from the local stone and his own starship wreckage a throne, and he was sat upon it when Soliloquy approached. “A worshipper, at last.”

[​IMG]

“I am Malleus, Hammer of the Sith.”

Raising a hand, backside to ‘The Hammer’ she gave a regal nod. Then her fingers in that ever so slightly flexed hand straightened. Her lips muttered not a greeting, but an incantation. Yellow light like a net would erupt around him and his throne. Her little finger snapped down and his saber arm would have the net snap down to his side. Letting meat and bone finely diced drop to the ground. Then her ring finger curled and his throne about him similarly dropped to rubble. “I’m not a Sith. I’m a bitch…or was it witch. Bitch or witch? Both? Hmm. Semantics darling are not always my strong suit. Now I need knowledge and you will share all you know of what is happening…or I curl another finger.” Her tone was regal and bored, fingers tapping the air over her chin.

Malleus regarded his pain, and the armour as it landed on the floor. The armour was mostly empty, it seemed... and it floated back to position. Perhaps the man had himself died many years ago, and was now merely attached his armour.

"You know not who you face, witch."

He stood, lightsaber in hand, green blade burning.

"I am the heir of the Sith'ari. You should prostrate yourself to me."

Raising her free hand she waved dismissively with it, "I have known. . . too many Sith'ari for that to carry weight. Asides, I am heir of Faya. You have chosen immortality by object - make your case or I shall be on my on my way and leave you to your delusions of. . .grandeur. If you last more than tenth of my life I would be impressed." With that she lowered another finger, the net around the leg slowly dragging in as she focused on decimating the armor of the left leg.

"Faya?" Piqued curiosity, but no visible response to the rending of his left leg; pain was clearly not an issue.

"Then perhaps you'll know me." He chuckled. "I was Warb Null before I was Malleus... and before that..."

The eyes behind the helmet blazed yellow.

Power.

Ancient, ancient power.

"The witless pawn and someone too recent to make themselves known to me." She sniffed in condescension. "Your pedigree leaves much to be desired, but your eyes, your eyes speak of something." She sighed softly before lowering a finger to tighten the net to destroy the codpiece of the armor.

"Care to explain? Pedigree or the ship that undoubtedly abandoned you on this world as it ransacks Tython. Something, or I have more important things to contend with than you." She deigned with just a hint of steel in her tone.

Malleus chuckled.

"There were other Force users here; they were collected and deposited, all abandoned here by a Fosh named Darth Traya." A snort. "Successor to Trayus, the fool." Metal fingers raised, counting. "A Neti Jedi Master; a young One Sith Lord; a Black-Coat."

"And me," he gestured to himself.

"Light, Dark, Chaos, Balance."

He indicated the skies. "A Quiet Balance took them, and ushered in change. Now, everything pinwheels, and the First Darkness reaches for the Heart of Kyber... even as his Celestial weapons ravage the world."

He had gestured towards Tython, and the Resurgent-class Star Destroyer above it all.

"Do you see? We're all pawns of that First Darkness."

"I see." she quietly murmured. Nodding at the fickle nature of the universe and everything she considered whether she should be concerned about making a change. After all that would cause more branching and more issues, unless of course this universe already was on it's path due to the change she had caused and her future selves were merely unaware of her actions that were still - for her anyway - were still a part of her unlived future. Of course there was the crux of it, the magic crystal ball that one of herselves had shared by viewing had merely showed what the eye had seen and fixed. Without knowing how interfering with that ship and this mans prison would affect those greater generalities of reality meant that she could know what she free to do and what she was not. Although given that this was directly indicated to be the First Darkness, and not a galactic player she was aware of, then perhaps she could do something.

"Any ideas about this Heart of Kyber? After all a pawn in some rules, can become a Queen if it stabs deep enough into the enemies lines. I am still unsure about you, but I am nothing less than royalty." She stated with an arched brow as she waited on this 'Hammer' to share more words and knowledge.

Malleus reformed his metal as if liquid; he knew mechu-deru, clearly.

He stood up from his Throne.

"I know where the Heart is. I always did; Soa too, that irritant. My descendants; House Adasca."

A grin, pouring into the Force, holding his hand up to the sky, the distant, distant Star Destroyer slightly visible in the darkening sky of Bogan.

"For what else would the reborn Lord Adas know?"

His fist clenched.

"Everything."

An immensely powerful Force crush seized Soliloquy's throat.

His real throat.

She stopped, frozen as a gasp issued from her throat. Not his throat, no that was closed off. She pivoted to face this Lord Adas and the name did not escape her. Purring softly she eyed the possessed armor appreciatively. "Look at you." she whispered in appreciation. "Do you even know what you just did? How special that is? How worthy."

With that she held up a hand, unconcerned by the lack of true breathing they were able to do for now. "Care to share Bishop of the table with a lowly Rook from another?" It was a standing question as she gathered her energies and power of all the realms she knew. For she would know.

Adas chuckled darkly, bemused, and released her.

"I hid it, my friend. I created my own legacy; one that ignored those dolts on Exegol, pontificating for Darknesses that didn't care for the Sith way - be it species, Order, or Empire. I foresaw they would suck us dry, the entire Stygian Caldera, depopulated of my kin and kind."

A sniff. "So I planned for it. When I took from the Rakata, I kept it, and spread my legacy across the galaxy, a plague left to girdle the galaxy in the future... my Holocron, my spirit, tethered to a tome..." A chuckle; dry. "And my Infinite secret."

"We shall secure it; you and I. Master and apprentice."

Adas tilted his metal chin. "What say you?"

She rubbed her throat, pantomiming a soreness that was felt on her true form. "You know I have never been a Sith. I have studies upon studies of your species and your Orders and your Empires. Even helped save the last of the species to Tund where they diverted from the troubled path the rest died upon. Sadly betrayed by Palpatine's lacky Croke that un-wove what I had woven." She eyed the armor up and down.

"Have you heard of the Followers of the Mists or are they too old for you? Consider me one for your musings if my pedigree does not convey enough already, and answer me this: Do you expect me to kill you? Which creed of this relation you ask of me I must know, for I must know true before I could ever answer one as you." she stated with a bit of a long casting glare of suspicion and long suffering at this suit of armor.

Adas glowered at her.

"Become a Sith. Now. Today, and you will no longer be a Croke wearing a mask, but you will finally, truly, belong. Krayt, Palpatine, Insipid, this Wapoe and the one who betrays him again and again, Arb Zas'tel, none of them can offer what I can. My holocron created the Sith Order. It has been my machinations that kept the dark alive; not the chaotic one, no, the Dark Protectors - and I can tell you the true reason for the Sith... none of this ridiculous posturing that fills you with nothing but suffering."

He held out his hand.

"Let us dive deeper into the Rule of Two than before; not the power of the One, or the Ones, but more, greater. The Dyad."

She demurely looked at him under a crooked eye as her fur rippled ever so slightly, "I have never wanted to belong. Sith were study subjects, lab rats, and means to ends. I have had many many ends." Here she smiled, eyes distracted as if reliving fond memories. Chuckling softly she visibly brushed away the memories.

"You lived for 300 years as the ebony ruler. Impressive. Worthy of study, as are some of the old techniques you could offer. I should warn I am not on the best terms with a certain Left Handed One." She hemmed and hawed for a moment longer, weighing the scales in her mind. She was not of this world, she effectively a living embodiment of the road not taken. Deciding she reached forward, "To Dyads. The cyclical wheel." With that she grasped his armored hand, curious as to how this would now unravel her life anew.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2022
    greyjedi125 and darthbernael like this.
  10. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Xundel - combo with Sinrebirth
    Kamino and…trouble

Xundel smiled softly as Vergere cloaked them in illusion. He knew she wasn’t truly or fully on board with how he felt but that she was doing things her way which currently coincided with what he was doing. And then he felt it, powerful Dark Siders arriving. He sighed, suppressing his emotions and his presence in the Force. He didn’t want or need the others to sense them or ‘see’ them at this point, it would not help anyones efforts to end the reign of terror.

At the whisper from Ravijari he reached out with his mind, ’Then we should all flee, the further you are from his power the more control you will have. Take us to the world you wished to go.’ He knew it was a longshot but they were now on the Tho Yor’s hull and he knew that they could be enmeshed with it, as had happened with his ship, if they were there that long.

They were becoming enmeshed as he even thought it.

In a moment, they were inside, and Ravijari, looking weary, stood on the beach with them.

"That was... unpleasant," Vergere said, rolling her neck.

Their ship was in the sand drift, and the two of them now stood before the man.

"Why do you want to save an old Bogan so?" He seemed confused by Xundel's insistence. "It's been 25,000 years. I'm beyond redemption, no?"

Vergere's eyes narrowed but she didn't speak.

Xundel snorted at Vergere’s comment, ”You get used to it. That’s the third or fourth time I’ve experienced it.”

He turned to face Ravijari, the ‘man’ hadn’t seemed to age over the years. But, he was the consciousness that animated the Tho Yor so it wasn’t like he had a physical body to age.

Another snort escaped him, ”Why wouldn’t I?” He stepped closer, crossing his legs and sinking onto the sand before Ravijari. ”I’ve freed multiple beings from their prisons, admittedly the prisons that my current companion put them in to test me, but whether they left to follow their own paths or continued to assist me in mine…”

He broke off, chuckling, glancing at Vergere again, ”Admittedly even the Jedi disappointed me by not returning to assist when all were given the choice.”

Shaking his head again, ”Still, given the choice I’d do so again and will continue to do so for you as you deserve the right to follow your own path.”

Ravijari nodded. "Come, follow me."

He turned, and they were suddenly upon a moon above an obvious planet.

Tython.

"This is Bogan," Ravijari said. "Where we were exiled."

Xundel looked around, he couldn’t feel the Dark energy that this moon should hold, it was just another part of the influence that Ravijari could exert, inside the Tho Yor.

He sighed, ”Many things have happened here, here and Ashla and Tython. You were exiled but how did that lead to you inhabiting the Tho Yor?”

"The Ones were collecting threats as recently as two thousand years ago," Ravijari said, pointedly. "The Rakata they couldn't face, but there was nothing preventing Tho Yor from scooping up potential dangers. Apparently my Bogan and I qualified. Without access to Centerpoint and other Celestial weapons, the Ones had one of their remaining two empty Tho Yor collect up me and my kin, especially when the Ashla - the Jedi - left the Tython system."

A sniff.

"The Tho Yor are our prisons; eventually we were incorporated into them, and now Snoke commands them."

His eyes narrowed. "But you just want me to tell you where to go, no?"

Xundel nodded at the explanation. When Ravijari turned back toward him and his eyes narrowed, the little imp smiled even as his eyes swirled. A chuckle escaped him, the tone of it lowering as the noise came from his lips.

Those grey eyes looked up at Ravijari’s narrowed ones, ”No…not at all.” a deep baritone said, coming from his small mouth. ”As I said, we go where you think you can be free. Remove you and the other Tho Yor from the board, free you, and the playing board is more level.”

He glanced at Vergere, an almost smirk on his face. ”Isn’t that right…Darth Traya...”

Vergere looked positively neutral. "The Coordinate though -"

"The Coordinate?" Ravijari said, eyes narrowing.

A sigh. "The artefact that Snoke is using to control all of this. It was secreted away by the Sith, a hundred millennia ago. It appears to be a Holocron, but even the Sith knew it was more than that." A shrug. "But after the Vultar Cataclysm, the Kathol Rift Disaster, and then releasing Abeloth, most Sith won't touch Celestial tech."

"But not Snoke."

"Nope, not Snoke. He isn't afraid."

Xundel sighed, the grey eyes swirling, ”He’s Darkness, he’s willing to use whatever tools he can claim.”

His head turned, as though he was looking toward the planet, ”But, I’m not sure he is the one using the…Coordinate right now or you wouldn’t be able to even consider what I offer.”

"No," he confirmed. "It's with Rey, who pendulums between Palpatine and Skywalker, unbalanced."

Vergere snorted indelicately. "Of course she does. I took my measure of her on Exocron years ago; she is unseasoned. Strong in the Force, yes, and able to learn by virtue of the so-called Dyad she shares with a more traditionally trained Sith - Kylo Ren - but even he is an enigma who has died twice now."

Ravijari pursed his lips. "Not quite. The ancient Je'daii knew of a way to teach how to split ones inclinations. If your internal being became the personification of Light and Dark, then you could excise one. Of course, in doing so, you would earn imprisonment in the opposite place. Balance was sought; not Chaos. Chaos was anathema to the Je'daii; they would judge Light and Dark, but Chaos was their sworn enemy..."

"... Much like the Protectors."

"Yes, yes," Vergere said. "Xundel has tried; I've tried. Jacen Solo became Darth Caedus and we know how that went."

There was a slow but sure gathering of blue-limned beings around them, all listening.

Xundel’s swirling gray eyes suddenly glittered. ”Two birds with one stone…” the dry ancient voice that came from his lips said.

His head swiveled toward Vergere, ”If only we had a being that could lie to Snoke’s face while pursuing a different agenda from what Darkness wants, while…”

His head turned back to Ravijari, ”While Ravijari here goes with the other, to the system he desires to go to, to work with them to free himself, attacking the threads that keep him and the other Tho Yor in slavery, from two different directions at once.”

"We can't name the system, not now. I can only tell you that the Coordinate is near..." Ravijari nodded, slowly.

"... and I can tell you where the Master of Masters, Aden Kya and T'ra Saa are right now." Vergere grinned, devilish. A datapad was produced. "I put trackers on their robes. Evil, I know."

"Coruscant, Jakku, Arkinnea, respectively."

A frown, and a stiffening from Ravijari.

"No, wait, the Master's beacon vanished."

The Force rumbled with a death...

Xundel sighed, eyes shifting color again, sensing death once again, feeling the loss in the Force, feeling the ripples as it washed over them. ”Hmmm, was he at Coruscant? If so…” his eyes shifted back to the swirling gray ”Death is part of existence, if he’s not involved in the immediate we must wait to see if the echoes of his death affect the overall plans.”

He reached up, rubbing the tip of one long ear. He shook his head, ”In fact, we must use the ripples to affect our own design. The best plan then is to depart without revealing our destination and then divert enroute.” Looking up at Ravijari, ”Are you capable of that much, in this moment?”

"I could protect your departure, facilitate it, yes," Ravijari said, carefully. "The Coordinate is not in use, not at present. But only a piece is here at Kamino, I can tell you that much."

Vergere nodded slowly. "Jakku or Arkinnea?"

Xundel’s head slowly turned toward Ravijari, ”Where are the other pieces then? If either are enroute or near either of those places then that will decide our course. But answer swiftly, I’m sure our window of departure is quickly closing.”

Ravijari tried to speak, but his mouth would not.

Others present did, stretching their mouths.

Vergere narrowed her eyes.

"Didn't we just go through this?" She pressed Xundel. "Jakku or Arkinnea?"

Xundel’s head swiveled towards Vergere and in a calm, dispassionate tone, ”Actually, no, that was a different matter but I had to test the limits.’ There was a sigh and he shook his head, ”Jakku, but in a roundabout way. So they do not follow that easily.”

greyjedi125 likes this.
  11. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    THE END OF TIME (NEW AND IMPROVED)

Explosion

[​IMG]

Light.

Eternal Light.

It rose up the moment their combined energies shattered Typhojem.

Into.

Through.

Throughout.

They were nowhere.

Nowhen.

Nohow.

They fell, guided by starlight, streaking by them in the night.

[​IMG]

They arrived, at a small, lonely asteroid, peering up at a space phenomena.

[​IMG]

A White Coat.

"So, you did it."

It was a woman's voice.

Softly spoken.

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto, @HanSolo29, @Lady Belligerent (combo)

12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    MORTIS

Caedus and Han and Jacen...

... The First Darkness and Azathoth and Tobias Nyz...

TAG: @HanSolo29, @Shadowsun (outstanding TAGs, no rush, no harm)

13. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    KAMINO, INITIALLY

IC: Vergere

A round about way

The test was, of course, that they could jump from Kamino undetected, or, if possible, in such a manner that the Tho Yor wasn't bid to strike them down.

As it was, they did indeed detach, and, in their strange amalgamation of Celestial tech and Xundel's personal craft, their damage shored up by luminescent metal, vanished into hyperspace at a speed that wasn't spec. "I wonder if this could give the Falcon a run for it's credits," Vergere absently spoke aloud.

"So, what is roundabout? Are we heading to deep space, setting up a trail in an inhabited system?"

Their return to the stars told them that the Galactic Empire had struck Kashyyyk, even as Mon Calamari remained imperilled.

The Empire was in command of half the galaxy, and about to cross the divide to ruling the majority of it.

Atrisia, Naboo, Kamino - they were merely footholds in the southern and eastern quadrants that would allow them to expand forward.

Snoke was a keen intellect and strategist.

TAG: @darthbernael

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    BOGAN, FOR NOW

IC: Adas, Malleus, the Hammer of the Sith

The Resurgent-class Star Destroyer hanging in orbit was among the few that the Empire had left.

A battlecruiser of great power, it had the ability to conquer entire star systems, and project power across a sector.

Adas regarded it.

He hadn't said anything to Soliloquy save to lean forward at his proclamation.

"You lived for 300 years as the ebony ruler. Impressive. Worthy of study, as are some of the old techniques you could offer. I should warn I am not on the best terms with a certain Left Handed One."

Having leaned close, he had leered, if possible with an inanimate face.

"Neither am I."

He had explained, shortly - that he did not fear nor worship the Old Ones. They were not interested in a Sith Order, or Empire, or even species. They merely used up those who served them. Time and time again, they had consumed their loyal servants, or abandoned them, if only to see how they would fair against each other. The Waymancy Storm had spent a millennium preparing to crush the Republic, and were defeated in a single year; the Cold Coil struck at the Republic at it's weakest zenith, during the Hundred Years Darkness, and weren't assisted; the Sith species were driven from their cradle, and Vitiate merely added to it, planning a monstrous ritual that would have consumed all life.

"I knew that the Old Ones, these Darknesses, were not to be trusted. I entreated for my own Sith legacy."

He glowered at the Star Destroyer.

"Tell me about it, and whether the two of us could take it for my new Sith Empire."

TAG: @Mitth_Fisto

15. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    THE MATRIX, FINALLY

IC: The Architect

A snort

The Zabrak didn't know nearly enough.

"Copies do not suffer degradation in my Matrix," the Architect seethed. "There is a great deal of untethered energy in the system; the equations attempting to balance out what you would call a Chosen One."

"Neo, a God of sorts," the Analyst clarified.

"If he were to be killed..." the Architect said, carefully.

"Then the Smith's would cease to be a problem," the Analyst confirmed. "The system would simply erase them..."

"... freeing up your body," the Architect tapped his pen and the screens showed the man.

[​IMG]

"What say you?"

TAG: @greyjedi125
    ---
    JAKKU, AND THEN

The tentacles pumped into Manticore-Smith, seeking desperate purchase.

Abeloth was becoming more translucent as she did so, her shadow-self revealed as a truth.

Maz had collapsed, had she hit her head in the tumult?

The Gate;s edges swirled, chevrons aligning, realigning, as if searching -

But the true struggle was between Vydra and the fraying remnants of Pascale Rouser -

With an effort, one which drew hard upon them all, including Qwi and Beaumont -

There was a FLASH!

Vydra and Pascale would drop to unconsciousness...

... and awaken upon a beach.

All of them.

Pascale (just the one), Vydra, Qwi, Beaumont.

It was Commenor, an old, old memory of Pascale.

TAG: @AgentViper007

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  16. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    PARADIS

The Coordinate

The man regarded the interlopers.

They were neither Children of Ymir, nor not.

"I am Eren Jaeger. I hold the Attack, War Hammer and Founder Titans. With the Founder, I can command all Titans, as I now have access to Royal Blood. I have begun the Rumbling, and will genocide all those outside of my island. There will be peace, and the wheel will be broken."

But them?

They simply did not belong.

He held out his hand, and they would feel the shift of power.

"You need to leave. Resist me, and I kill you. Depart, and I will not."

Alecto snarled, readied her lightsaber.

"You speak to the Dark Lord of the Sith?"

Ike opened his mouth, and then firmly clapped it shut. He kinda wanted to see what Eren would do.

He was inordinately powerful, if he was commanding millions of Titans, and projecting his voice so -

"Accept my offer."

There was a roiling ball of energy behind them; Ike half-watched it. A portal? To where?

And as he looked back at Eren, he saw a Colossal Titan form from the sands, imperceptibly positioned between them and glowing tree thing behind Eren.

Ike, however, opted to remain silent, backing away from whatever blow cometh.

TAG: @greyjedi125, @Darth Cocytus

17. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    ERIADU

The meal wasn't an opportunity for poison.

In-fact, a replete meal was set out, a banquet, arguably.

And the depleted nature of the Eriaduan elite was evident.

Only Zel, an old, old man, who had served the old Empire, was evident from the military.

And that was it, essentially.

A set of servers were present, some human, some droid.

"Come, eat, and speak of what you intend to offer the Authority."

His age was the main reason he wanted fresh political blood.

Not Tarkin, no, but Jori Atreus. She was young, and if she indeed inherited the legacy of Tarkin, and the ties to Kuat...

Well they had a chance.

His militant mind took in Marana. The Force was, as ever, a skifter in the deck - a wild card.

But it was better to have to hand than not.

An aide whispered in the commandants ear briefly, as the starters were brought out.

He grimaced. New Imperial footholds at Atrisia, Naboo and Kamino; Kashyyyk freshly embattled, the siege of Mon Calamari continuing; a raft of Grand Moffs and Admirals appointed to serve Emperor Snoke.

It wasn't good.

But he kept his expression neutral.

Though undoubtedly the Force users would realise he was pertubed.

TAG: @darthbernael, @TheAdmiral

darthbernael and greyjedi125 like this.
  18. Darth Cocytus

Darth Cocytus Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2016
    Darth Cocytus
    A portal to where?

Darth Cocytus eyed his apprentice narrowly with a frown of disapproval. She ought to learn to hold her tongue and let the grown ups speak among themselves. Nonetheless, he smirked thinly as he looked back at the Titan Leader and held his hands behind his back with a small laugh.

"Peace is a lie. There is only passion. That's the first tenant of the Sith Code." The Dark Lord replied simply, his voice oozing with the arrogance of Sith superiority, if only in philosophy instead of power, the latter of which Cocytus held nothing but respect towards the other, "When you have wiped out all your foes and break this wheel that you speak of, what will you strive for afterwards? An Empire of Titans spanning this whole world and the stars beyond? Hmmm. I have no quarrel with you and therefore I wish you luck on that... endeavor."

His eyes shifted behind him and he turned to see the portal with raised his eyebrows and a smile.

"Ah. Now here is indeed an offer I can accept. However, one does not simply walk through an open door to the unknown lightly." Cocytus spoke with a glance towards Ike and Kardis, "Would one of you do the honors of seeing where that portal goes? Hmmmm. Still, I trust that it won't lead to a 'blender' dimension of sorts. After all, our host is powerful enough to kill us right here and now if he wanted to with little need of tricks."

The kaminoan-in-disguise chuckled lightly and decided to take the honors himself.

Cocytus walked towards the portal, taking little notice of Eren's changed form, and took the plunge into the unknown.

@Sinrebirth @greyjedi125

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  19. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Lady Kardis Talathee
    Farewell Paradis

“He actually went first.” Kardis breathed out with no small measure of surprise and amusement. Perhaps there was actually more to Darth Cocytus after all. He had delivered the loveliest speech just now.

“You should really follow after your Master, dear.” Kardis almost cooed as she addressed Alecto. Gracefully, she gestured towards the portal.

“As you can see Eren Jaeger, we accept your offer, as our wishes align with yours, at least concerning our timely departure.”

Kardis eyed Ike for the briefest moment, before returning her gaze to the Mighty Lord of Titans. There was no doubting Eren’s absolute power, so it was best to keep an eye on him, for she knew not what manner of man he was.

Still, she found it quite interesting that a Colossal Titan rose from the very sand they stood on, just to place himself between them and the Glowing Tree behind Eren Jaeger. This alone confirmed that the tree was important, special, despite it seeming so already.

Was this a cautionary motion, born from a modicum of fear, or a casual show of strength? In the end, it didn’t much matter. There was no reason to remain or pursue any further mysteries on a world which was about to end.

“You have our gratitude Lord Eren, you have shown us grace, and we shall take our leave as agreed.”

Kardis curtsied before the man. A gesture that came at no cost, yet conferred respect. She also knew that it was risky to allow too much time to pass between Portal crossings.

“Farewell Eren Jaeger…”

Kardis turned to Ike and nodded, then moved on. Her intention was for them to cross the portal simultaneously.

Tag: @Sinrebirth, @Darth Cocytus

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
  20. Shadowsun

Shadowsun Force Ghost star 4

Jun 26, 2017
    OOC: Put this in the wrong spot, my bad

IC: Azathoth

Azathoth's eyes flickered as he partook of the information, cantering his head as the Master of Masters asked a question.

"So, shall we head to where they were made, and see?"

"Yes, that sounds intriguing ," he spoke his mind wandering ever so slightly. One of his 'siblings' had been a host of one of these things, but what he knew had only been recanted from him by another source. But his mind wandered once more, if what he was sensing was truly the case then he could...

His eyes hovered carefully to Wapoe.

Maybe.

A snap, and they were upon the world of dead plants, encircled by rings of metal...

In an arboretum of some kind...

A man stood, smiling, hands lifted to the sky.

"So you worked it out," a crowing voice.

Wapoe turned behind. "The First?"

[​IMG]

Azathoth's eyes drifted over the form of Snoke. A familiar sensation drifted over him... so this had been one of Palpatine's many back plans. He had known that his former master had many of them... though it appeared he was outplayed by it.

His eyes watched with a measured gaze remaining silent to see the continued conversation between the Master and Snoke.

A crooked finger, and the Master was yanked over, positioned before Snoke's over-sized hand.

He regarded Azathoth, absently. "So which one are you?"

"One you have not met," he smirked recalling a story his 'father' had told him. "I'm not the one that killed you, or a version of you if that's what you are asking,"

His head tilted. "And I'm not the one that died, obviously,"

"Just a humble Hand of the Emperor..."

"Oh truly," Snoke said, amused. "One of my early clones, no doubt. Back when I served as Palpatine's Voice." A cracked smile. "Another one was killed by Rey, and then another, by Eleanor Linnett... and yet, here I stand. A perfected set of clone bodies, and Palpatine is dead."

He turned his face back to Wapoe, who hung there, struggling.

[​IMG]

"Give me... everything."

And Snoke began to rummage inside Wapoe's mind.

The First Darkness was going to learn it all.

His eyes closed as he dove in, and Wapoe screamed.

Azathoth's brow furrowed in confusion. This was odd...

Wapoe had come here of his free volition, surely he must have expected such a possibility and he barely resisted... certainly this was part of his plan.

But Azathoth did not want Snoke, who he still did not know was the First Darkness, to learn of the Patriarch. And that of his own origin.

With a flick of his wrist a set of needles, sharp and true, flew toward the Master. Five in total. One aimed for the brain, another for the heart, one for each lung and a final one for the stomach.

Azathoth knew he could not hold water to this Snoke, but he could deny him information.

The blades impaled Wapoe.

Repeatedly.

His body went limp, and that, was that.

Snoke chortled, dropping the cloak of a corpse.

"Thwarted. How amusing..."

He indicated the Black-Coat, which lifted up, towards him.

"Something to shield you from the Darkness."

He stood and began to draw it towards him, watching Azathoth as if to challenge him to intervene.

A thought trickled into Azathoth's mind. One that incepted in his mind that he thought it to be his own.

"I grow weary of this talk of Dark and Light. I feel it, I sense it, your connection, a true and pure one to the Dark,"

His hand come up in a monumental amount of power surged through him. The faint scent of three Azathoths fueled into one, no the lines were just blurred. It tugged across the Black-Coat, threatening to rip it in two.

"Which are you? The Father of the Shadows or just another hapless offspring?"

A leering.

"Lets see."

And the entire world seemed to warp into a black hole in the floor, taking them with it -

The Black-Coat soared towards Azathoth -

With a motion Azathoth summoned the coat towards him, placing it onto of his person... what madness was he plunging into now?

21. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    IC: Darth Manticore
    Dejarik 2.0

Eyes like fiery embers narrowed as he listened intently to what was being said and what was being omitted.

Both the Architect and the Analyst, powerful as they were, it would seem that they had limits. They had need of an ‘agent’, one they could manipulate to do what they could not.

How interesting. It didn’t matter where in these myriad universes he went. There was always a version of the game.

Something wasn’t adding up, but that was to be expected, however….

This Neo, presented a unique opportunity.

Target or door?

Why not both?

A question: How would this ‘Chosen One’ fair against a ‘Sith Lord’? Conversely….

Very interesting, indeed.

What's more, it was revealed that there was 'a great deal of untethered energy in the system’….such a curious detail. No doubt, both the Architect and the Analyst had their own angles to play, each likely examined near endless scenarios and probabilities to affect their desired outcomes.

Manticore couldn’t help but leer. He did so enjoy a good game of Dejarik, for better or worse. Good thing he'd learned much from observing Darth Insipid, an understated master of the long game.

“What say you?” inquired the bearded man with his infernal pen tapping. A strange affectation, that. A black cat for one. A black pen for the other. hmmmm.

“I say….Where Is He?” came Manticore's guttural response.

Indeed.

It was time to have a little 'chat' with this ‘outlaw’, Neo.

Tag: @Sinrebirth

22. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    OOC: A combo with @Sinrebirth

IC: Vydra Delomeux, Pascale Rouser, Qwi Xux and Beaumont Kin (spirits) Location: Commenor Beach Dreamscape

It was taking a massive effort. Vydra was shaking, his blade was faltering and after seeing Maz go down he didn't know how much longer he could hold on.

Qwi meanwhile wanted to help Beaumont but she was still trying to help Pascale, all three versions. The Pascales were working together to finally unite....

When it all clicked.

The Pascales were finally united as one. One body, one mind. But the effort caused him to collapse. Vydra was not too far behind him. He'd faced trials, created a bond, united a spirit posse and now helped to bring Pascale back together. It was all too much.

When they all came to (Qwi had wobbled, thought this was it) Pascale got the location straight off. Knowledge was flowing through him from two timelines, sadly his wedding ring was missing. If he ever saw Feyna and Julee again he didn't know how they were going to take this.

Qwi looked at herself and Beaumont, still in spirit form. She moved over to him and wrapped her arms around him. Meanwhile Vydra looked around "Nice place...."

" I. ..we used to come here a lot on holiday, both versions of myself" Pascale responded "We must all be here for a reason...."

There was a great surge in the Force, as Pascale settled, but, more, as Abeloth was disintegrated -

Manticore-Smith dropped to the floor, unconscious -

They were all there, in one piece, though Qwi and Beaumont would have the choice whether to tether themselves to Vydra or Pascale -

But Maz was down and out too, the aged aliens breathing ragged -

Vydra and Pascale felt what was going on, Pascale now noticing he had the Echo back. Which felt strange to the two parts of him that had not had it for so long.

And whilst those same parts held a little revulsion at him aligning with a Sith, Pascale was still concerned for Manticore. But Pascale and Vydra shared the same concern for Maz. Was Callista now dead?

"This is not good at all" Vydra said shaking his head "I am wondering what our choices are here. Whether we are to save someone or whether we are just watching".

Meanwhile Qwi had made her decision to tether herself to Vydra. He needed her help and to be honest she felt sorry for him.

He was just about as broken as she was.

Callista's body was off to the side, unconscious, when the Force fireworks calmed.

But Maz and Manticore remained down.

Behind them, to the end of the corridor, the Gate swirled, and swirled, and swirled.

It was unlocking, and relocking, chevrons on the wings of the circle moving as if a pattern, or code - or coordinates, Beaumont reasoned, as he joined Qwi in tethering to Vydra.

"The Gate is going to open again - we need to move, or we'll be taken through -"

"Bit of a problem since myself, Pascale and Maz are down. As is your Sith friend. And I don't know what sort of state Callista is in" Vydra said "And I don't know even if we do get up we will have the strength to drag everyone out of the way".

Qwi thought for a few moments before responding. She might have an idea, whether it would work or not…

"Vydra, Pascale you return to your bodies. I have a rather radical idea for Callista. Of course we don't know if her soul is still there, or what damage Abeloth has done".

"But if Vydra and I work together again, I can put my soul in Callista's body. If she is still in there maybe we can make a compromise. A blending of Jedi and scientist if you will".

Vydra nodded "Could happen but what if Callista rejects you? What if you don't make it? Also if I do this again…I might not get back up again. At all".

Qwi nodded "I know, but if we are to get away from that gate, I can see this as the only way. Pascale can drag Vydra and his Sith friend away. I can take Maz" she nodded to Beaumont "You can provide strength for all of us".

She reached over and squeezed his hand "I'm sorry my dear. I know you may not like this, but if this works it will save us all from getting sucked in. Perhaps we will find your other self here if he is still alive so we can reunite you with a body".

Beaumont blinked, looking at Callista's body. "Can we do this? Put Qwi in there -"

It was a radical idea, and as smart as he would have expected. But Beaumont was conscious of the energy they were expending doing this. He felt thinner... and the three Pascales had settled to become one soul... but the body would nourish them...

"Alright, we need to do this." He held out a spiritual hand to Qwi and Vydra. "Shall we?"

Qwi was worried. Both for Beaumont and Vydra. Beaumont because of his spirit thinning out, Vydra because both his body and spirit were exhausted.

But she had to hope that they could do this and survive to live another day. And that Beaumont would not disappear. She wanted to be reunited with him again in the physical world. Maybe he could tether to her.

Cross that bridge when we get to it…

She took Vydra's and Beumont's hands and began to start the process again. Finding the DNA strands, connecting them. Vydra providing the link. Beaumont and now Pascale's support flowing through her, giving her strength.

She closed her eyes….

TAG: @Sinrebirth , @greyjedi125 (for info)

Sinrebirth and greyjedi125 like this.
  23. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    IC: Jori II Atreus
    Eriadu

Jori gave him a wan smile, it was not her best performance, but she appreciated the compliment. She needed to get back into the game. The stakes were high enough and if she played her hand right the benefits for her and for Kuat could be very high.

“I can be very forceful.” she managed to smirk “And my temper was famous back home.” she chuckled softly. “So if you want, I can start ordering them around.” she gave a small shrug.

“Well, poison does make the meals taste better.” Jori grinned.

She followed them towards where the meals were being served. They were greeted by an elderly gentleman. She tried not to snort at the suggestion of what they could offer the Authority.

Jori managed to pull one of her regal faces that should make the Eriaduans feel as if they were the ones who were supposed to prove what they could do for her and not vice versa.

TAG: @Sinrebirth @darthbernael

Sinrebirth and darthbernael like this.
  24. darthbernael

Apr 15, 2019
    IC Tarkin and Marana
    Eriadu, the feast

As they were led to where the feast was laid out, Tarkin took the opportunity to observe what changes had happened to his homeworld. They were not immediately obvious, the Eriaduans were good at maintaining the superficial cover of their own strength but, to one that was and had been a member of the Quintad in the past, it was blaringly visible.

He glanced over at Marana and then Jori as they walked, the former had a half smile on her face. She couldn’t see the differences but, he supposed, she could sense that the ‘air’ of the place wasn’t what it ought to be, as it used to be, at least in their timeline. His granddaughter seemed to be studying the place as well, possibly categorizing the data she was compiling to best enhance their position when they did discuss things with those who had created the banquet.

When they arrived he kept a neutral expression on his face, seeing the man who was waiting. He’d decided to let Jori take the lead, the younger politician of their group so she needed to be the public face of them, as it were.

He picked up a chalice, handing a second to Marana, hiding a smile at Jori’s words. She could bluster well, and was sure she understood the hierarchy of Eriadu, at least to a degree. The fact that she was his granddaughter would add weight to her words.

Taking a sip, he nodded to Zel, ”It has been many decades, has it not, Zel?” he asked in a calm, measured tone. He, of course, had no idea how long this reality’s version of himself had been dead but he couldn’t truly reveal that.

Marana was only paying half attention to the conversation. Her eyes met Tarkin’s, her blazing slightly. Sighing, her attention turned to the old man, ”Zel, was it? This is all comforting, looks delicious, but…you and I both know that this is,” She thought for a moment, trying to find the right word. ”this is a veneer. Eriadu is not at it’s prime, at all, is it?”

Turning her gaze to the man that had greeted them originally, ”And you, tell me, what news is it that has just soured your entire being?”

The first question had been asked in a calm, light tone. The second…was more direct, pointed, designed to push the already ill at ease officer to tell what had touched off his anxiety.

TAGS: @Sinrebirth, @TheAdmiral

Sinrebirth likes this.
  25. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    OOC: The following is a crazy combo with Lady Belligerent, Mitth_Fisto, and Sinrebirth – thank you so much!! [:D]

IC: Bellorum [Braata], Dunkeel [Faya], Joren Graal [Sistros], and the White-Coat
    The End of Time (or not?)

It was too good to be true. The Left-Handed God always came back, which had Bellorum skeptical that they were indeed successful.

During the surreal journey through space, Bell grabbed to touch Joren, she saw Aryan when she gazed into his eyes. When he grasped her hand, it was Aryan’s hand holding hers. Her soulmate was right there with her.

She could feel Dunkeel nearby, which was a relief that the trio seemed to have survived intact.

When they were once again on solid ground, Bell glanced curiously at the White-Coat that now joined them. She spoke to them, "So, you did it."

"What exactly did we do?" Bell asked tentatively.

Mouth working slowly, Dunkeel felt his bloody gums and slowly applied the Force, gingerly, to heal them. Looking at Bell, he simply hissed as his head reared and his chest puffed at the truth evident. "We did the impossible," he hissed in pleasure, looking from his companions to the White-Coat in curiosity. Knowing of his other selves, he was curious about this one.

Was she the first of them? Of the Black-Coat of many names that they had called Master of Masters? Or was she someone else? Someone else entirely. An exhaustive point he now felt compelled to make in his head. He would much rather be fixing a broken motivator or tending to the gears of their old home now long gone instead of thinking of these weird and convoluted things. But think he must, not for his sake that would have let it slip away, but for the sake of his fellow Masters, he pushed to think and scent these things out.

Friend or Foe foremost on his mind.

The astral realm came into sharp focus once the brilliant light faded from Joren’s eyes, allowing him to regain his vision. The last thing he remembered was an unprecedented explosion that had consumed Typhojem’s form. The resulting shockwave had then swept them away on a ray of blinding light through the cosmos…

An Eternal Light.

It had deposited them here, on this desolate asteroid.

With a sharp intake of breath, Joren glanced around to survey their surroundings. He immediately noted how the landscape appeared familiar somehow—as if he had gazed upon this celestial body before. It was unclear whether he had encountered it through his existence as Aryan Graul, during his three-thousand-year jaunt in purgatory… or somewhere else. Either way, he was amazed at its grandeur.

It felt pure… natural.

Those sentiments rippled through the Force, prompting him to look down at Bellorum, who stood at his side with their hands interlocked. He could not recall ever reaching for her during their transcendent journey, but he surmised that it must’ve been instinct. Much like his connection to this reality, it felt natural. Despite names and skin color, this was Tera; they were back together again.

That notion, along with Dunkeel’s intuitive insight, provided Joren with the strength and determination to confront their new visitor—a White-Coat. Dressed in white robes and a hood that concealed the wearer’s face, this elusive stranger almost served as the inverse of the Black-Coat. She was his opposite…

Or were they complementary forces?

Was the Master the yin to this White-Coat’s yang?

Joren inclined his chin, echoing Dunkeel’s thoughts about her being friend or foe as he reached out with the Force, probing… wondering…

"We did what was necessary to atone for our past mistakes and prevent the End of Time," he answered simply, narrowing his eyes marginally.

"Did the Master send you?"

No, the 'Master' did not send me.

She spoke with that resonance, that one that all higher beings seemed to have.

It could be said that I sent him, but I didn't.

Her voice had such a gentle inflection.

The impossible is the province of the Protectors, and their companions, the Destructors. Some of them you would consider Jedi, and others, Sith, acting for either.

She gestured to them each.

You were renamed by him, redirected from your original pathways. Your Sin, it was his; Reborn, Rebirth. He projected that Sin upon you and the others who died in the Well. When the Left-Handed Lord reached through that Gateway, he set it so you would be there.

Her words were soothing.

There is no sin to forgive.

Joren felt a chill run down the length of his spine, and he instinctively tightened his grip on Bellorum’s hand, squeezing it firmly in his grasp. The White-Coat's voice had a tranquil quality, but her explanation evoked a sense of unease. She had leveled grave accusations at the Master, allegedly exposing him as the instigator in some grand conspiracy. It reminded him of the situation on Nouane many centuries ago when those same sentiments had caused the Protectors to fracture.

Doubt and uncertainty.

It had destroyed them once, and he couldn’t go through that again. He needed proof; he wanted to know the truth.

"You're saying that the Master did manipulate us," Joren replied carefully, taking a cautious step forward in an attempt to see beyond the White-Coat’s cowl. "He crafted some grand design to ensure that we arrived at this moment, to defeat the Left-Handed Lord? And in the process, we internalized his sins; that’s what he used as motivation and to establish piety."

He scoffed and shook his head slowly. “So, we’re not responsible for… any of this?"

Bell stayed silent listening to the White-Coat, and then Joren. Her eyes cut over to see what Dunkeel’s reaction was because she didn’t trust the stranger in white.

Her personal experience was limited, but she had knowledge that had been shared with her from Tera and the others. They’d given her the sense that the Master could be trusted, and she’d already made the quick decision to trust Joren’s instincts, his hand gripping hers provided all the reassurance she needed.

Dunkeel breathed. It was hissing and rasping and altogether uncomfortable. Luckily it wasn't about comfort. It was about truth. Joren of course had his reaction, his words in response to this apparent woman's soft ones. It was irritating, but most of his fellow Protectors were. It was amazing how good they were considering all of their historic trauma and all the times they had seemed to dance around each other throughout galactic history.

"No sin to forgive," he repeated with his hissing rasp. "Hmm," his throat rumbled at that, his head canting to the side he chirped softly at the sky about them. Though he always kept at least one eye upon her. "The Master of Masters always manipulated us. By saying hello to anything else. For he was never meant to be on Nouane. There was never supposed to be a clock tower that I called home. We diverse people were never meant to be family. All manipulations." He cleared his throat with a necking wretch of a wet cough that sent a glob of blood-stained saliva to the ground between them.

"If there is a price for my actions, I am willing to pay. But I want to know the court that judges us! That judges him! For start," he added with a growling frustration.

She waited for Dunkeel's extortions to come to an end.

His censure was heartbreaking.

My friends, I am judge, jury, and punisher; I am the Light. I decide what is Good and I know you three did merely your best. You have prevented the End, and I shall re-insert you in the past, safely, so as to not generate a Change…

A pause.

If you want to forget, I can grant that absolution for you.

A sound in their ears.

The Master's voice.

Don't trust her.

The words resonated within Joren’s mind, offering solace like an intimate lover whispering platitudes into his ear. The Master was a familiar presence, one he had come to know and trust through their journey together. They had formed a unifying bond, and it would be difficult to break that cycle—especially when the man had granted him a new lease on life. He had saved him from his destructive tendencies and made him whole... to start anew.

In this instance, it was the Master’s knowledge and foresight against an elusive being he hardly knew. While the White-Coat's answers served his intuitive mind and brought a moment of theological reflection as he considered the essence of their existence—she had attributes of a god or a supreme being, and the nature of her proposal reflected that—he still had his suspicions. In that sense, he agreed with Dunkeel’s assessment and found himself humbled by his rebuke.

And yet, it also empowered him to express his own misgivings, which he poured openly into the Force.

His actions mirrored those sentiments as he released Bellorum’s hand and took a stand, inclining his chin to confront the White-Coat. "Why the past?" Joren asked firmly, scrutinizing the being under a hooded gaze. "Isn’t it dangerous to dwell on what came before? That’s the same mentality that poisons the mind and gives rise to a Change."

He pursed his lips and exchanged glances with his compatriots. "Wouldn’t we have more success if we carried on in the present and carved out a new path to follow in this life?"

Once Joren released her hand, Bell took a step back, she was then standing behind Dunkeel and Joren. The galaxy was spread out before her, yet all she felt was an acute physical ache in her chest. Even though Bell had been with her two companions, she was alone.

One moment she’d been in bed with Aryan, where they’d always found time together before sleep. It was when they could discuss things to do with the children, and share other bits from each other’s day. That last night he’d surprised her by suggesting a long weekend away, just the two of them. It had been such a happy evening.

Bell stifled a sob by coughing. She realized the options the White-Coat dangled out could take away everything she’d never dreamed she’d have. It would take away her life.

She’d waited while Joren spoke out, once he stopped, Bell turned on the White. "You don’t know me. If you did, you’d understand how wiping my mind is like a blade through my heart."

That point had struck a nerve with Bell, "I never asked to be taken from my husband’s arms while he slept," she had to pause and steady herself, "my life began when I was given a soul mate, and then he gave me a family. Now you’re discussing starting over? How would that benefit me?" She was close to losing control, her emotions were making it difficult to make this kind of decision.

"I can’t trust you’d insert me into the past! Define your idea of the past?"

She stared at the hooded figure and dug in, "and I’d rather die than allow you to erase my memories."

Dunkeel went still. Quiet.

Joren and Bell. They seethed and raged. Dunkeel stayed quiet. Unmoving, as frozen as a statue until they were done.

Reaching for them in the Force he held them tight in the bonds they shared. Then he whispered. Soft as a summer breeze, "She doesn’t understand a Change."

With that he launched himself at her, Fang springing to life as an outstretched tooth rash and ready to devour as he cut true to rend away the coat of not the one inside as well. That they might truly see whomever they faced now.

The White-Coat held up a placating pair of hands.

I do not know you, I am sorry if I misspoke. I just know that the pain you have felt is one which I would not wish upon anyone, and I merely offered to balm it -

And then Dunkeel leapt at her!

The blade sank into the cloak, but it was empty, the woman abandoning it to Fang -

Her essence became slim, rubbery, almost, as it swelled -

[​IMG]

You stand against the Maker?

After standing in solidarity with Bellorum, the former professor watched in horror as Dunkeel attacked the White-Coat in his rage. He would never condone violence as a means to solve their problems, not at this juncture. It required clear justification, which was what he had hoped to achieve through questioning their guest, but the Chistori forcefully eliminated that option.

But before Joren could properly react to the onslaught—to even cry out in disapproval—something amazing happened.

The White-Coat deflected Dunkeel's attack and transcended her physical form, growing larger and sprouting wings to emulate an angelic spirit. She was both beautiful and terrifying, as evidenced by the enormous scythe held tightly in her grip. It was like gazing into the face of the divine, and for Joren, that was the pinnacle of his existence. As a theologist, it was the purpose of his journey; the reason why he sought to solve the mysteries of the unknown.

Had he finally found enlightenment?

Was this truly… the Maker?

Who else could it be?! He could feel the truth in his heart; in his soul.

Despite the deity’s frightening persona, Joren dropped the Scepter of Sistros at his feet and collapsed to his knees. He then inclined his chin in reverence, his eyes wide with awe. "My Maker," he repeated in a hoarse whisper, still trying to process the scene unfolding around them. "You must… forgive us for our insolence. Especially the one named Dunkeel; my brother." He nodded toward the Chistori to emphasize his point. "He hails from a predatory species, a society which prides itself on the hunt. He was only acting on his natural impulses as one of your many creatures.

"We are all very close, and it has been a long… long journey. We have been manipulated, deprived of our basic necessities, beaten, murdered, resurrected—" He pursued his lips and trailed off, shaking his head at how absurd it sounded to his own ears. "I suppose we—uhh, I only seek peace and salvation. I thought the Master was the one to deliver us, but…"

He exhaled heavily, suddenly at a loss.

"I… I don’t know anymore—who is right, who is wrong. I don’t know where I’m supposed to be."

Bell sighed at Dunkeel’s sudden attack. Had he cost them everything, or had he forced the White’s hand so she would reveal more to them?

She personally didn’t harbor a lot of belief in higher beings, it was something she was apathetic to. Joren’s reaction was a strong message that he now believed this being could be trustworthy, Bell would reserve her opinion for a little longer, she just wasn’t sure.

"I don’t feel as if I need a balm, what I’ve lived through has made me stronger. I came from a solitary existence to finding Aryan, and now having Joren and Dunkeel. Our shared experiences have strengthened our bonds, which I refuse to forget." She still smarted at the suggestion of forgetting. The very idea of that loss had caused despair to weigh heavily on Bell. She was no longer sure she would ever see Aryan or her children again.

Dunkeel’s nostrils flared and he felt himself tensing to ready for the battle to the death! As he and his family were poised to strike down yet another false deity that had dared to stand over them in judgment.

Only he didn’t feel the others tense. He didn’t feel them ready to fight this thing that looked like so many rubber chickens and farming blades mashed together. Joren went to his knees? Dunkeel would carry his weight. Only, Bell didn’t either. He was alone.

Heaving a sigh he lifted the abandoned white coat off the floor. "It appears we do not. I have a memory of another with your same name, a man whom all droids praise." Deactivating Fang he lifted the white coat, swinging it on as he backed up to the others. "Past is a poor choice for us. Leave us in that future we Changed already. Leave us our memories, our burdens, our scars. Without them we are lesser, we are worse." Shoving at Joren in the Force, just enough to rock the man from a felt slap to the back of the head. What was wrong with him? This was a Maker and he had hatched long ago from his parents, something was wrong with Joren.

The Master's voice whispered. Braata, Sistros, we captured the Darknesses to bait out the First Evil... and thus baited out the First Light. For you to have your peace... you need to kill her. Otherwise, she'll restart the endless war between Light and Dark... you know this.

The words touched upon Faya, too, a less Forceful nudge than a slap.

The woman regarded them, tense, scythe evident, angelic wings drawn...

I see.

It's why I killed the Father of Balance, after all. First the Balance with the Dark, then the Darkness with the Light, then the Light with you…

His words had a hissing quality, now…

A spectral hand reached out through the Force and slapped Joren across the back of the head, causing his body to jolt forward from the impact. Almost on instinct, he turned to glare at his fellow Protector. Not only had Dunkeel offended him, but he had shown contempt for his Maker. The latter was perhaps the greatest sin of all, and he wouldn’t be surprised if the woman decided to smite them from this existence for their insolent behavior.

However, before the altercation could escalate, Joren’s expression sobered as he heard the Master’s voice once more. It continued to echo inside his mind, trying to soothe him and win his favor with quiet whispers. Almost like a siren's song, it was easy to become captivated by its alluring appeal...

But then Joren noticed an imperfection; an apparent contradiction that broke the spell and allowed him to perceive its true nature. Suddenly, the voice was nothing more than a dark, ominous hiss.

"And once we succeed here, who will continue the cycle to kill us?" Joren asked aloud to challenge the elusive Black-Coat; to expose him.

He then rose back to his feet and inclined his chin, his blue eyes reflecting his conviction. "In your fervor to defeat the Maker, you have committed a crucial mistake. You’ve violated our creed… the fundamental truth that has held us together. You have ordered us to destroy the Light—but as Protectors, it is our duty to safeguard the Light."

Joren clenched his fists at his sides, his voice dropping to a low rumble. "You have betrayed us... Master."

"We’ve been deceived," Bell whispered. The realization was shocking, it couldn’t be true.

She wanted to rage in anger over how they’d been used, but a weariness had set in. Her life would likely end if she had to fight for it at this moment.

"Were we puppets for a madman?" Her voice was hollow.

Dunkeel paused at the voice, not at Joren’s response as it was what he had wanted. For the man to snap out of it and be present outside his own head.

Now the voice of The Master spoke, but it hissed. The Master doesn’t hiss, Dunkeel hisses on occasion, but The Master does not. The others ran away with the unjust order and theories of betrayal. Dunkeel’s faith was not so easily shaken.

"Vocalis impermanentia sicut cum tota re somnium assumere potest."

He spoke not in his voice but in The Master’s before turning to give a nod to the Maker. "I apologize, I attacked and nearly did without right what a voice in our heads, hissing, now tells us to do. It tries to be The Master, but it, like most copies-imperfect. Unlike my family, I learned the ways of the guil. Forgive us our slow nature to understand and adapt."

*Vocal impermanence as with all reality a dream can assume

Dunkeel reasoned that it was not the Master that hissed to them.

Perhaps.

Joren and Bellorum reasoned that it was the Master, and he did want them to kill the Maker; the Light itself.

The woman with her scythe and flowing fronds regarded them. Outside of her White-Coat, there was a demonic aspect to her.

How could you believe the Master wanted me dead? If I am indeed the Maker, all that is Light?

The snake-like voice again.

How could you believe that the Maker has your best intentions at heart? If she is indeed the Maker, all that is Light, why did she not stop the Left-Handed Lord, a mere piece of the First?

And that was what this was about.

Was the Master benevolent or malevolent?

Could they trust the man who had helped them stop Typhojem?

Or could they not?

After all

After all

What did you think the Black-Coat protected the Master from?

What did you think the White-Coat protected the Maker from?

The conflicting statements were too much for her, and Bell had no knowledge of the Master shapeshifting into a demonesque being, she didn’t recall him ever being this threatening to them.

Her doubt was shifting. The offer to wipe their memories especially stood out. The notion made her feel physically ill. Bell would lose Tera, plus all of the knowledge and memories she shared with Joren and Dunkeel. It didn’t make sense.

Then there was the serpent voice that didn't sound like the Master at all. Dunkeel had a point, the Master doesn’t hiss.

She growled deep in her throat, frustrated that she felt so hung up on these issues. It was time to swallow her despair. ‘Suck it up old girl,’ she chided herself.

Bell tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear and stepped closer to the White-Coat to speak, "where were you when we had to fight Typhojem? Why didn’t you help us?"

She pursed her lips and angrily asked one more question, "why do you need protection from the light?"

They were both pertinent questions, perhaps the most compelling ones at this critical moment. The two elusive figures had hinted at the answers through their bantering, but now Bellorum exposed the truth by confronting them directly. It was a punch between the eyes, and for Joren, it served as a source of clarity.

The Master had previously explained the purpose of his black robes—to protect himself against the malicious forces of the Dark. In that sense, it seemed to indicate his true nature; he was more than a man shrouded in mystery, but also a soldier of Light.

In contrast, the Maker had swathed herself in robes of white with a demonic element underneath. What type of benevolent creature would wield a scythe? Was she truly Darkness incarnate, requiring a cloak to repel the Light’s divine power? And by removing her White-Coat, had she now left herself vulnerable to the Light?

It marked a path forward for Joren, but—

Who was he to ever doubt the system in the first place? The Master had saved his soul twice from the final reckoning. He had forgiven his transgressions and granted him a second chance to amend his life through a spiritual rebirth. The journey had been a difficult one, but he had learned; he had grown to achieve enlightenment.

And now… he had been so easily swayed by an illicit deity?

'Forgive me, Master,' Joren conveyed through the Force, reaching beyond the influence of the serpentine tongue that sought to tempt them. He then expanded his awareness to touch his fellow Protectors—Bell, but particularly Dunkeel, who had been right all along. 'You too, my friends. I nearly led you astray…'

"She is exposed," Joren stated aloud, a wry grin tugging at the corner of his mouth as he stepped forward to join Bell. He nodded his chin to indicate the Maker’s spectral form, realizing that it resembled something out of a nightmare rather than an angelic being who would grant them salvation.

Pursing his lips, the former professor unclipped the lightsaber hilt from his belt and ignited the azure blade with an audible snap-hiss. He then knelt down to retrieve the Scepter of Sistros and held it firmly in his opposite hand.

"And we embody the Light."

Dunkeel nodded at his fellow Protectors, it was decided. They had come the long way round, but they were united in choice and belief once more. And perhaps better for the delay, as they all were on the same stage of the hunt, if not the same reasoning.

Standing beside them he looked to the bird-like worm that promised talons and rubbery flesh. Fang ignited harsh, bright, and true! Growling he seethed and prepared to strike, with the others, as one.

TAG: @Lady Belligerent; @Mitth_Fisto; @Sinrebirth

Last edited: Jul 23, 2022