main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Star Wars VII Movie/Teaser Poster

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by Revious Nugo, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    It's literally just the logo with the classic star field background behind it.

The one from Celebration was only slightly different.

2. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Here you all are!

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  3. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    That's no teaser...

That's just the movie title!

That's Lame IMHO, or really inspired LOL!

4. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I thought this poster was kind of underwhelming (still do, honestly), but I saw it at the movie theater last night... And I'd be lying if I said the sight of it didn't get me excited. I also feel a little spark every time I see the Vanity Fair issue at the supermarket.

Forbidden Island likes this.
  5. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    I have a student who works at a movie theater. I'm not one for bribes but, well, I think I may get one that was actually hung in a theater. [face_devil]

6. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    I saw an interstellar poster on the ground when I saw Jurassic World yesterday... I thought about stealing it, but then decided only a Star Wars poster was worthy of such thievery.

Lando Swarm and DARTH_BELO like this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    We're now less than 6 months away from TFA's release. I have been to the theatre here recently (just within the last week), and although I actively kept an eye out for it, I didn't see a SW teaser poster at ALL. 6 months out?? I see teaser posters for animated movies and other less notable films as much as a year in advance...And this isn't like a small town theatre, it's an IMAX AMC 24-the biggest one in my area. I'd assume they would have it if it's out...

Not a HUGE deal I guess, but I wonder-why release two trailers, but no poster??

8. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Maybe they want characters we haven't seen yet to feature on the poster, and they are waiting to show us them until the trailer comes out.
    We'll probably get a poster at Comic Con next month.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  9. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    This appears to be official art, but is it poster art?
    [​IMG]

10. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    The consensus seems to be that that's not for a poster... that image there is cropped from a larger image that has some (Russian, I think) writing on it, and it's probably for some sort of product marketing like toys.

11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    The D23 expo had an exclusive TFA poster, made by none other than Drew Struzan ( [face_dancing] ).
    It contains imagery that some members here might consider spoilers (characters), so check it out on your own risk :)

[​IMG]

Personally, I think it's magnificent! Classic Struzan art (I'm a huge fan of his, and was saddened when he said he'd retired). Hopefully this means that Struzan will be painting the theatrical poster as well [face_praying]

Alienware likes this.
  12. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    It's nice and all, but they obviously don't want to show us more at the moment, so this poster isn't really anything special to me. It's more like a teaser poster comprised of already known imagery (with one slightly spoilery addition that I wasn't expecting). I expect the final poster to include much more.

jaqen likes this.
  13. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Can we just agree to talk about that spoiler in this thread?

Until then.

I think the fact that Finn is holding Anakin's lightsaber is pretty spoiler-y. Up until this point I was sure it was going to be Rey or Leia that got it.

14. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    I really thought it was going to be Ridley's character that would have gotten the lightsaber. We have yet to see a female character in a lightsaber duel and I'd really like to see it happen in the ST :)

15. Wally44

Wally44 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 10, 2005

Ha! Love your screen name... also...

Totally agree about Finn and the saber. Just show him and Rey running away from the explosion or something!

16. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000

Right? As a dad to only daughters, and trying to get them into Star Wars, that's pretty much a necessity for me. Thank the maker for Ahsoka at the very least.

17. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I've seen the basic SW TFA on a starfield teaser poster in my local Odeon cinema. Its very low key and at the moment underwhelming, but does it really need a fancy poster in order to sell the film just yet? I don't think it does.

My guess is that very soon we may see individual posters in theatres with a character on them. When those start appearing with the OT characters on them then I think these will be the ones that cause a stir.

18. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    Don't look in the spoiler tags right above you then!

19. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    That's a big spoiler!

Arrrgggghhh!

20. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Mar 8, 2000
    I told you not to look!

21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I just saw a TFA poster in the Alamo Drafthouse by my home, but it was actually only one of the fan art posters!! Of course the general public wouldn't know the difference there, but being the SW nerd I am, I noticed the discrepancies right away, and I'm all pointing them out to my wife, who just shook her head! :-B :p

Still wondering how a fan made poster made it to a full size movie theatre display.....[face_thinking]