main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO StL's Celebration 3 Planning Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthJurist, Jun 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I just wish my cell phone had been working better. Ken seemed to the only one who could get through to me.

I am glad I didn't have to stand out in the rain, it paid to work at 8 in the morning every day...lol.

2. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2002
    Ken, you were about 10-12 people behind me. I would pass by you when I was around the middle of the rows. I was wearing a blue windbreaker, my dad was behind me and was wearing a red jacket and blue cap.

3. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Ken, you were about 10-12 people behind me. I would pass by you when I was around the middle of the rows. I was wearing a blue windbreaker, my dad was behind me and was wearing a red jacket and blue cap.

Man I wish you would've talked to me. I was wet, cold, bored, and lonely.... :p

4. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    I would've but by the time I saw you the line had started moving steadly. Plus like I said, you looked mad so I didn't want to bother you. :(

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    You should have stopped by the FF table Kalen. You could have met me!

6. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    But, But, But, waiting out in the rain on friday was so much fun :rolleyes: Almost as much fun as waiting out in the windy mess on Saturday.

hehe...I started off the Friday line on that little ramp on the roof in front of the Dome.

7. Ben_Obi-Wan_Kenobi

Jul 2, 2002
    Which table were you at Dajuan?

I didn't see a StL table, I saw a Chicago, and Rhode Island Fan Force tables.

Were you near the X-wing or the big picture of the Ackley on Geonosis?

8. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We didn't have a StL table, but a general FanForce one. I was right by the Acklay picture.

9. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    Rumor has it that there will be a C4 in 2007 in California. But, it's just a rumor started by a celeb. What do they know? Probably about as much as we do...nothing.

Christina...I did try to call you, but apparently I only have your home phone, not your cell. (Keep in mind the blond thing.) And I also tried Ken, but no such luck.

10. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh well, we will have to do as Tim has suggested and get together and trade stories. :)

11. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    Meet Dajuan? Now why would someone want to do that? :)

I didn't see you at the Celebration Saturday night. I looked for you and paula (elysia), but since i didn't find either of you, I left after about 10 trips around the room. It seemed like a big waste of time to be in there anyway. Turns out Paula left early, too, and she was watching the race, which I should have figured. Hope you all had a good time and made it home safely!

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    :p hothie, I introduced myself to you! I loved the costume BTW: [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/JediDajuan/CIII/Saturday/Hothie.jpg]

C @ C was dull as anything. Basically I won the trivia contest, found a couple friends then left for "Club 1203" where we celebrated for a while with the New Jersy Order. Good times.

13. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    It's a little tough to see the writing from the picture. For those who weren't at C3, it says:

"Death Star II Construction Crew"

"Building the Empire one small moon at a time."

I think I will definitely have to volunteer next time at C4 (it will be an "explosive" time, no?) Volunteers got way too many perks for such a little amount of time. I'll say hi to Paula for you, or you could come onto the DM boards and say hi, since we are all your minions, anyway...:)

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Volunteering is so worth it. I didn't sit in a single line because of it (also spending the bulk of my time behind the FF table might have helped :p ). I'll stop by for sure, I did meet Paula there though she stopped by the table. And yes, you are all MINE, muwhahahaha.

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Volunteers got way too many perks for such a little amount of time.

hmmm, I don't think you can say that. I worked 16 hours and know that some people from here worked more. I know I could have done a lot more things if I hadn't worked, like see Lucas and the many shows... I do think we earned the perks we were given.

16. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Didn't mean to offend. The volunteers that I talked with said it was well worth their time for the benefits they received.
    On a lighter note, I have suggested to Mary Franklin, and even reiterated the suggestion to her personally at C3, to make a dvd of ALL of the events at C3. So for those who couldn't make it, had to miss things due to standing in line way too long, or even those who had to miss things they wanted to see due to volunteering, they/we can have a chance to see everything that happened that we wanted to see or missed the first time. She said that they shot video footage of everything, but they are way too busy at this time to compile it, so they may get it completed sometime later this year.
    I'm not sure if it will come to fruition, but it may help to make you feel better about missing some things you wanted to see if it does.

17. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    The action Saturday was at the Marriott!!! (Had nothing to do with all the celebs that were hanging out with us getting hammered.... O:))

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Hothie, I apologize. I heard that complaint a lot during the weekend and it seemed to me that anyone could have volunteered...

I think I am just suffering from post-con syndrome :D ...I had forgotten what I was getting away from...lol.

19. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    No need to apologize. Yes, Dajuan did send a mass email to us for volunteers, and I think I should have signed up when I had the chance. (Note to Dajuan: if C4 happens, hold me to all of this. If I give you any flak about it, just yell at me and call me evil names like "Jar Jar lover" or something.)
    The volunteers that I talked to couldn't help but remind me (constantly) of all of their benefits (sleep, being a key one.) I'm glad that you made the sacrifices that you did in order to help make the convention run more smoothly, despite GenCon's mismanagement of lines. So I do thank you for taking your time, and maybe at C4 I'll be joining you.

20. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    despite GenCon's mismanagement of lines.

Compared to WotC? The lines were nearly flawless!

21. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    Oooh, I have to disagree there. WotC did a far better job of managing lines in my opinion. Namely the store and getting in to see George. We knew that there would be lines, and it seemed at C3 that the lines for the store were much faster and better organized. And don't get me started about being herded about like cattle, only to stand outside for 6 hours anyway to see George.

The autograph lines were better at C3, I think, and the idea of punching the passes was good, but these could have been done with WotC just as well as GenCon. The autograph line was better because the hall was opened up and made available to us, whereas it was closed for C2.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    C3: Celebration 4 in 2007?

Posted By Joshua on April 29, 2005
    Lucasfilm is by no means ready to announce it, but it appears there's another Celebration planned for 2007. According to our sources, fans are expected to gather officially once again for the 30th anniversary of Star Wars. Lucasfilm denied the rumors, saying nothing official has been said yet. We've hear reports on television and received rumors from fans that this might not be entirely accurate. Warwick Davis was reported to even have said, "See you at Celebration 4!" at the end of his time as MC on stage.

It is generally accepted that Indy would probably be the logical choice yet again for the next Celebration, especially since in a non-movie year attendance would be expected to be lower. Of course, there could easily be the first season of the live-action TV show complete and the 30th anniversary complete DVD collection to contend with for fans attention.

Either way, we're expecting that once the Episode III DVD is out the door this fall, you'll begin to see a shift in focus on the part of Lucasfilm. It will be time to talk about TV, the ultimate DVD set and getting together with Star Wars fans for another big party.

Stay tuned to TFN for everything that may be related to Celebration 4 and the new Lucasfilm direction, coming soon to a television near you.

Ah, HA! Knew it!

23. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Unfortunatly the rumor I heard was that this next one would be on the West coast somewhere.

24. hothie

Jun 12, 2004
    I heard West Coast, too, namely California.

25. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/KOB/Celebration%20III/C3priceless.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.