main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC19 SWCC Panels and Programming (and Queuing)

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MotivateR5D4, Jun 8, 2018.

1. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I gave my Mandelorian tickets away so if anyone has a spare poster they don't want I'd be happy to take it off your hands. I'm staying at the Marriott Marquis and will be available for the next hour or so. I also have extra swag is anyone wants it.

2. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    I’d send you my poster. What do you have to trade? Missed out on the Maul shirts and would like one. Or the main poster.

3. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I've got nothing left to trade but some leftover swag. I've got buttons but they aren't much compared to the poster. I appreciate the offer though.

www.heroministries.org

"to me, she's royalty."

4. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    Just popping in to publicly thank @Obi Anne for relentlessly promoting the Cantina Archaeology panel, was def one of our faves!

5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    And I missed it, so I'm really jealous of you!

I was so confused and stressed that I ended up at Doug Chiang's panel instead.

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was it good at least?

7. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    It was good, and I had been torn on to go either to the Cantinarchaeology or his panel, I guess that's why I got confused and mixed up their locations.

8. superstardestroyer-1

superstardestroyer-1 Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 20, 2002
    Figured this would be a good time to mention, I had a ton of fun at the panels I hit for the most part. I really enjoyed Episode IX, Rebels Remembered, Star Wars Marvel, and Lucasfilm Publishing.

My only regret was wasting time in the Lucasfilm Collectibles panel. That was a total waste of time. Most of the major licensees didn't have anything great to announce. They gave out a few cool prizes, but it was worth skipping. I should have gone to the Movie Trivia Battle of the Masters. That looked like so much fun.

Also, I regret not hitting anything on the Fan Stage or Collecting Stage. I've watched a couple of those panels online and they look like fun. In fact, I never even made it up to that 4th floor in the 3 days I was there. I kind of regret that.

JonSB likes this.
  9. LloydChristmas

LloydChristmas Baseball and Three-Time Jedi Draft Champion star 5 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 3, 2012
    You should regret it mostly b/c the bathrooms up there were refreshingly empty

10. star_wars_is_good

star_wars_is_good Force Ghost star 5

Jun 14, 2002
    Dude, that wasn't a bathroom...

MotivateR5D4 and groove790 like this.
  11. LloydChristmas

Sep 3, 2012
    I know you were crying under the sink claiming it was Alderaan "and it never blew up" but it was a bathroom my dude

12. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    The fourth floor was an awesome place to hang out and charge my phone when I needed a break. Didn't discover it till Sunday, but it was worthwhile none-the-less.

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    At the first London Celebration we discovered a patio at ExCel where we could sit, have a beer or two, and watch the planes at London City Airport. At the second Celebration we tried to find that again and couldn't. Either the patio had gone or the view had due to buildings in between.

14. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Yeah, I don't think I ever got to the fourth floor when I was there. I didn't see the food court above/behind the live stage either. I only went down to the first floor twice (once for ILMxLAB and once for the droid room). There was just so much going on all weekend. And I've still not caught up on the live streams [face_laugh]

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    For those who missed it, TFN Main has the footage of Doug Chiang's panel on designing TPM. Hit the link to see it.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  16. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    Did anybody happen to do Speed Dating in Chocago? How was it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

17. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    The board meet up was like literally by the stairs up to the food court.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  18. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    I don't know anyone who tried it. Curious to hear what it was like. I really wanted to sign one of our friends up for it in London but I think he'd have killed me.

I know [face_laugh]
    I just never made it up the stairs. I should have, seen some great photos of the show floor taken from up there.

19. star_wars_is_good

Jun 14, 2002
    Jane doesn't read this board. You can admit you did it.

20. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    It was super awkward when we got matched up... :p

21. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    I did the speed dating thing in Orlando back in 2010 or so. A friend wanted to try it out, and I thought why not. It was obvious not a smart thing to sign up for speed dating on a different continent, the matches I got were simply way too far off. Sure long distance relationships can work, but this was a bit too long, especially if none of the matches made me go crazy about them.

ChrisLyne and darthvader88 like this.
  22. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I did the speed dating in 2012 in Orlando. It’s really not my thing but I tend to be shy at first. I did get into an argument with this guy over Darth Maul. I said I wished he had survived in the prequels cause I preferred him as the Sith threat and he said “Maul is alive”. And I was like “yeah I know, CW just brought him back but he is non existent in the movies, which is what I meant”. He kept repeating “well Maul is alive”. Longest 3 mins ever

23. darthvader88

darthvader88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 29, 2005
    I would like to try it in Anaheim if its bought back...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

24. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    My experience was also that 3 minutes were a good time, I ended up talking to a guy that simply put had all the negative qualities of the stereotypical nerd (hygiene included) and I was so happy when the time was up.

Padme501st likes this.
  25. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    Maybe that guy was "in costume"! ugh.