main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph SyFy's Krypton

Discussion in 'Community' started by heels1785 , Mar 31, 2018.

1. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I tried to find an animated gif of Lobo to give you from the trailer, but couldn't find it, so I'll just give you this!

[​IMG]

2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    She's wonderful. I wish she had the Krypton writers to back her up.

BigAl6ft6, Master_Rebado and dp4m like this.
  3. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I got to tell Sam Witwer how good we found his work on Supergirl this year last week, so there's that.

BigAl6ft6 and heels1785 like this.
  4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  5. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Chosen One star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    The trailer looks interesting. I am kinda hopeful for Season 2. I was lukewarm about the first one, though it certainly had its moments.

6. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Nice look at the Phantom Zone in this short spot:

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  7. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003

this doomsday looks so good. glad that we'll finally get a decent live-action one, on a show with a budget of 75 cents and a few pencil erasers.

Sith_Sensei__Prime and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  8. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    hello, you there, internet person

[​IMG]

season 2 starts tonight at 10pm eastern on syfy. watch it or record it so they'll keep making it

9. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Just looking at that picture reminds me of the accomplishment of the series. It's taken three of Superman's biggest foes and managed to elevate them from previous iterations. I'm so looking forward to seeing the first live action version of Lobo as they did so well with Brainiac.

heels1785 likes this.
  10. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    totally agree. although zod and braniac were both well-represented on smallville, and zod in both film iterations. but finally, a good doomsday. and live-action lobo, who knows what that'll be like?

i'm really excited.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This was fast...

https://io9.gizmodo.com/somehow-kryptons-lobo-is-getting-his-own-spinoff-show-1835458708

PS - haven't watched last night yet...

12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I fell asleep early, too. DVR'd though.

13. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    One of the benefits of living on the West Coast and having DirecTV is getting the east coast feed for a lot of the cable networks, so I caught the premiere episode at 7pm.

I lot of "S" bombs were dropped.

I thought Lobo was great in his debut last night. I'd give a solo spinoff series for Lobo based on that small sample size but it was that good to me.

heels1785 likes this.
  14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, it was good -- a bit table-setting, and some weird-stuff with Brainiac, but the "new Krypton same as the old Krypton" stuff is pretty interesting...

15. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    The second episode is still putting the chess pieces in place for this season. However, the episode did start off with a nice punch. I want more of it.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    There was a little nod to Henry Cavill's appearance in the last Mission Impossible movie.

I caught that when I watched the episode and was like... :eek:[face_laugh]:D

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I was annoyed when it seemed Siegel (Lobo's name for Seg-El which I fully support) killed off Braniac off screen in the season opener but they've gone to an interesting place with it that he's trapped in his head. I guess they're going to use that mind wipe thingie to get him out. Also the FX in the show are pretty great although mostly it saves it for wide outdoor shots as most of it is in caves or on Krypton. ILM is doing the FX for TV this year as a testbed / first job before doing Disney+ shows so I think it looks good. Great line in the last episode where Adam Strange said Zod is so evil they freely let him wear a cape. And is it just me or does Zod's Krypton have the crystal columns like the Donner Superman or was that around last season too?

Space channel shows repeats on Friday night at 3 and 4 AM which oddly works great for me!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think they'll do a mind wipe to get rid of Brainiac. I think they'll go with the traditional trope of having the "parasite" find a different body to habit.

I'm finding this season a step down from season one on numerous levels. First of all, the way the first season ended teased something great, which was Doomsday. And that's all it's been this season, a tease. Additionally, the season lost that metaphoric countdown clock of Superman's cape disappearing and the show has changed course where it's no longer about a Back to the Future theme of ensuring the birth of Superman to the battle for Krypton. So now it's kind of an average show of rebels vs the establishment.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  19. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    i've gotten so behind on this show. the world cup, and other stuff, happened.

hope the season is going well. will catch up on all recordings one day soon, hopefully before the finale.

20. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I'm 100% not sure what's going on with this show any longer...
    Did they really kill Lyta -- I was sure it was a fake-out, that she'll be going undercover now that she knows about the reconditioning -- but now maybe not?

Are we still worrying about restoring the timeline to get Superman born?

The motivations of the rebellion are murky at best -- Seg's grandfather is sidelined so the rebels can get tough, but then e gets them back on his side because they were too tough, and then he goes over the top tough by blowing up the space elevator? What?

21. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I thought Lyta's Cat Stark death was really unexpected, so unexpected I was thinking they'd reverse it (like Braniac was dead for an episode) but then they spent the next two episodes going off on how she was really for reals dead. So yah, wow!

We got Jor-El named for the baby, which I kinda thought would happen. And the Doomsday origin was true to the source (experiment that basically killed a being over and over) but gave it an emotional weight. Only 3 eps to go so probably more Doomsday centric. And I have an odd feeling somehow this will end with Zod getting his Yellow Sun superpowers someway.

22. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    Cancelled today. Lobo spinoff has been canned, as well.

Feel bad because I have half of the season to catch up on, all recorded. SyFy, ugh. Hope it gets picked up somewhere, but doubtful.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Whaaaaaaaaat?

No, it ended amazingly.

I mean, they literally went further than General Zod, Doomsday, and Brainiac... go finish it! I literally said "Holy ****" out loud to something in the final episode (and laughed out loud in glee once).

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    heels, absolutely, positively do not click until after you've seen the finale...

One big happy El family...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004
    My reaction to this news -

[​IMG]