main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Taoism and disappearing Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Mex, Dec 20, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wylding

Wylding Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 13, 2000
    I've read a little about the microcosmic orbit. I have Mantek (sp?) Chia's book and fully intend to read it, but I have so much other stuff to read. For example, right now I'm reading a book by Yogi Ramacharaka called Psychic healing. (It should really be titled Pranic healing, but it was written a long time ago) Anyway, it a small book, but packed with some really great stuff...

However, I am also intrigued with auras. Can you tell me a little bit about how to read them? I realize this may require a large post on your part and I do apologize for that :)

As for keeping this thread alive, I am of the opinion that all of these topics we have discussed are really what these forums and the Star Wars saga in general are about. That taken into consideration, this thread can never die. It reaches across religious and political boundaries...anyway, I'm carrying on again.

2. Mex

Mex Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2000
    Funny that your reading pranic healing just now. I've just started reading Chia's "Cosmic Healing" vol. I and II. :)

OK, aura reading. We were first taught to "see things that are not actually there" by means of a couple of eye exercises, like seeing the contrast images of black-and-white Pictures (you know those pictures, if you gaze at them, then withdraw them and keep gazing at the same spot the negative of this picture appears). We did a couple of exercises like these. Then we trained how to see contast colours. You draw a (filled out) circle in one color on a piece of white paper. If you gaze at it and then replace it by a blank white paper, the contrast colour appears (i.e. green in the case of a red circle etc.). If you concentrate you can also see the contrast colour surrounding the circle on the drawing, just like an aura.

Next we were taught to see the aura of our own hands. you place your hand on a piece of white paper (make sure that there are no shadows disturbing) and gaze at the hands you see a white shadow surrounding them. You have to sort of "look through" the hand, if you know what I mean, not focussing the hand but an area somewhere behind.

Next you need a "victim" who doesn't mind standing patiently against a white wall and having you stare at him/her. Gaze the same way as described above. With patience and practice, you will first see the white shadow and perhaps later on very transparent colors. It may take 5 to 15 minutes in the beginning, until you notice it. In time you'll see the aura more readlily. However, unless the background is pale, it's not so easy, I found.

Hope this was helpful, c.u.

3. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    I found it very interesting. I take it you can see Aura's on your own then without the "victim?"

How much practice did it take you to where you could just see them at will?

Also, I've been reading alot about energy development from different sources and the one overarching theme that I find is that almost all of them advocate chastity. I wonder why this is...

Thoughts anyone?

4. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    It's kindof a chicken/egg paradox for me

Wait so your wondering if a book writen about a religion thats been around for thousands of years is copying off of SW or if GL is copying off of them?

(says nothing and lets common sence do everything for him)

5. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    That's simply the cones (light receptors) in your eyeballs locking in on the contrast between light and dark images over an extended period of time. Cameras work in similar ways, you don't hear people philosophising about that. Look at a lightbulb and you'll get the same thing. Imagine what Chia's outlook would have been if he had invested in a pair of glasses. Duality of man, perhaps?

6. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    I find your scientific explanation...lacking.

7. DARTH_CORLEONE

DARTH_CORLEONE Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    I find your humor.....pathetic.

8. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    I wasn't trying to be humorous. Sorry if I offended you.

9. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    The subject of this thread has come up again...upping for the newbies :)

10. Mex

Mex Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2000
    Darth Corleone

"That's simply the cones (light receptors) in your eyeballs locking in on the contrast between light and dark images over an extended period of time."
    Excuse me, but this answer simply shows you've no idea what you're talking about. I guess you never saw an aura yourself.
    The aura isn't simply a contrast image. If it was, why is it shivering, why is it's form alternating (up to a person "standing next to herself") why is it showing different colors depending not on the clothing (you can see the aura best before a white wall with a person wearing white clothes) but on the emotions a person's experiencing, why are there different layers that can be identified? I recommend you try and learn it for yourself before posting pseudo-scientific counter-arguments on it that have been invented by people who've never even tried for five minutes to see what we are talking about. I know what a contrast image looks like, it's completely different. Serious courses on aura reading explicitely teach to see the difference between contrast images and the aura.

Also, could you please be more clearly on what Master Chia wearing glasses or not have to do with this subject? This course I was talking about wasn't taught by chia but by dr. barbara kohler, www.dr-barbara-kohler.de !

Wylding

The aura's got several layers, the first one being about 1 inch of slightly blue colored light, the second being about 4 inches, light blue and the third about 10 inches, often yellow. For more details see Barbara Ann Brennan, Lightwork.
    Most people see the first layer very quickly, about 2 hours practising. With more practise you can see higher levels, up to 9 as Brennan talks about.

11. Aged-Master-Genghis

Aged-Master-Genghis Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2000
  12. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    Thanks Mex, I appreciate that :)

Now I was wondering if any of you have had any experience with astral projection/out of body experiences. Mex? Merkurian?

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Nothing more concrete than something referred to as the "Hundred Mile Hug" :)

14. Wylding

Aug 13, 2000
    Waiting patiently for further elaboration...

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Ah yes. I was remote sensing some distress from a girl I was interested in. It was severe enough that I got a strong image of myself taking bereavement time from work for her funeral. [face_shocked]

As it turns out, she was having nightmares that were discovered to be flashbacks of her remembering the ending of a previous life.

Later, I sensed similar distress from her, so I "reached out" to see if she was alright, and to offer reassurance. In response, I felt a physical sensation, like she were giving me a hug. It was the neatest thing!

Unfortunately, when I reached out to her, I was in the middle of a crowded nightclub. Let me warn anybody & everybody: NEVER open up like that in such an environment! I wound up with an acute case of claustrophobia & anxiety from the weight of all those presences. Took me quite awhile to "de-tox."

Live & learn, though :cool:

16. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    About disappearing Jedi

First off: I think that the dark side of the Force is not supposed to be there at all. It´s a corruption of the Force which needs to be balanced out. Darksiders don´t pay attention to the will of the Force, they just do what they please.

Now to my theory: When a Force-user wields the dark side of the Force, he/she is using dead Force, coming from the spirits of the dead. This is because the living Force is already taken by the "light side", so the dark side must look elsewhere for power.
    In return, the spirits of the dead are drawing the living Force out of him/her. It´s a symbiotic relationship that makes the Force-user´s spirit dead and hollow(and makes the dead spirits aware of their own existance).

In AOTC, when Anakin uses the dark side, Qui-Gon´s voice comes to life. When Anakin realizes his mistake, Qui-Gon´s voice no longer appears. I think this is because of Anakin´s strong connection to the Force.
    Because the living Force in Anakin is extremely strong, the power he gives to the spirits of the dead is enough for them to live again. It takes certain knowledge in the Force to exploit that power, though, which is why only a few can live on after death.

The reason for disappearing bodies is simply this: When a spirit dies, carrying the knowledge on how to exploit Anakin´s living Force, it will drag it´s physical body along to "the other side", because it is needed to live on.

- I´ll even learn to stop people from dying!

/Anakin Skywalker

17. Droid_Runner

Droid_Runner Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 23, 2002
    Mex, this thread is much appreciated. It is nice to expand on Star Wars in ways like this as one gets older (and a bit grayer) like Yoda!

I used to listen to Alan Watts' taped talks (on public radio) about the Tao and Zen. Too bad he passed on around 1971. Like Joseph Campbell, he likely would have loved the Jedi philosophy and Yoda's talks with Luke in 'Empire'.

I picked up a martial arts magazine some time ago that mentioned fighting without physical contact necessary -- like how Yoda moves things with the Force.

Will be shure to check out the above books/websites.... Thanks everyone!

18. annie_skywalker001

annie_skywalker001 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    Good theory, Lars_Muul. :D

19. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
    Thank you, annie_skywalker001 :)

20. Lars_Muul

Oct 2, 2000
  21. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

Up

DD - Upping Spliff

22. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    Awesome, awesome thread Mex...this is what I keep saying to people about Star Wars, especially when it comes to comparing it with LOTR. LOTR, even though they are awesome movie/books just doesn't even compare to Star Wars when it comes to spirituality. Though I'm very limited on Taoism, but definitely am going to read more, it makes perfect sense to me...this is Star Wars. I always knew GL was trying to make a philosophical statement with SW... So, as in the Taoist beliefs, the closer a Jedi is to enlightenment determines if his physical self vanishes upon death or reaching a higher plane. Oooooh, this is so cool... Right now I'm reading a book by Peter Russell called "From Science to God" which dissects the mystery of consciousness with many examples from eastern philosophies. Has anyone read "The Journey of Luke Skywalker"? Very interesting read...look for it in the psychology section not movie section...it's by Steven Galipeau. It analyzes the OT almost scene to scene...very deep.

23. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Hummm <rubs chin> Allthis is interesting. Keep talking, I'm listening..eeerr reading.:)
    None sounds all that odd,I've experianced a lot of these tings, just didn't know what it was or the terms. It seemed to be on an instinctual "knowing what to do". Am I making any sense? :)

<Goes to serch for a Thessuarus> :)

24. Jauhzmynn

Jauhzmynn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 16, 2002
    Naccha,
    I hadn't read the book yet. Sounds like a good read. :) This is a good thread. :)

Mynn

25. Naccha

Naccha Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 1999
    I agree Droid Runner, as you get older you try to comprehend why you are drawn to these movies. For me, things clicked after I read "The Journey of Luke Skywalker". Why we are so drawn to the human drama and the fight of good against evil and the mythology of stories like Star Wars. But, I think SW has an added edge of spirituality taken from many sources with an emphasis on eastern philosophy. That Time mag interview with GL by Moyers "Of Myth and Men" (4/26/99) is a good place to start with GL's reasoning for the Force.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.