main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends "Tasty Tidbits..." Kessel Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jan 11, 2022.

1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Great stories in response to the prompts! I love the care and respect Mara and Luke have for each other, and you write a good Leia, especially her comments honouring the legacy of her parents--I could totally hear her say that very quote.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha and Kahara like this.
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    AN: Thanks and a very belated and selective continuation. I picked 2 more weekly prompts, #7 and #9.

:)

Week 7
    • Write a story between 100 and 1,000 words that is entirely introspection. No spoken dialogue, no action.
    • Word limit = 100-1,000 words

~

Bail Organa was at a crossroads. He could no longer deny the need to take an overt stand against the Empire. He had a responsibility to those who had entrusted him with leadership; yet, he balked at the very real possibility of danger that such a course would bring to his family.

Breha had a balancing act as it was as Ruler of Alderaan. Yet, he knew that she would not onlly support him in his ventures but fully participate.

Then, there was Leia whom they loved as if she had been their biological daughter.

After years of trying and finally being resigned to not having children of their own, she was a literal ray of sunshine.

But beyond that, they were tasked with keeping her safe.

Any involvement in clandestine Rebel activity could shine an unwelcome beacon on their world and by extension upon Leia as well.
    Was that a risk worth taking?

He mulled it over for weeks but after one more senseless Imperial incursion upon innocents, he knew he could delay no longer.

Bracing himself mentally and emotionally, he prepared to discuss his feelings and resolve with Breha.

Week 9
    • Write a poem in any style/form, and of any length.
    • No word limit

~

On the sharp edges of anger and vendetta,
    Mara had one single objective, forged in the fires of the conflagration of the 2nd Death Star and the fall of Palpatine,
    To gain retribution upon Luke Skywalker
    For the shattered ruins of her life and purpose.

Only to have that weaken and dissipate...
    With the revelation of how things actually transpired,
    In the wake of the warmth and compassion he so freely gave to her, he became
    No longer an avowed enemy but a reluctant ally,
    Tentative friend, and then, gradually much much more.

---

SQUEE!

;)

[face_love]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2024
    earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Definitely detecting a reoccurring theme of heartwarming feels permeating multiple posts.
    This one definitely feels like an excellent bridge between the Thrawn Trilogy and New Jedi Order as far as Mara is concerned. It always feels like such a jump for her to move from pawn of Palpatine, to smuggler, to wife of the Grand Master of the Jedi Order and you do a good job of blurring the lines here.

This line hits the feels in a completely different way. The kind of thing that is both sad, a little bit depressing, in the way talking about a dead relative (Especially mother and father figures) always makes you feel, but its also got a certain optimism to it that gives hope for the future.

On a more amusing note, this is now my life motto. It just hits way too close to home for me. :p

This one is short but leaves me wanting more.
    Man, I gotta find myself someone who writes to me like that.

This one brings very similar feelings as the Week 2 Prompt but offers an interesting inversion as being told from Bails point of view.
    A wistful edge that reads like the last thoughts of a man about to be executed, but with an optimistic forbearance in the knowledge that his hopes and dreams will bring about a better future for all.

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the detailed insights. @};- I feel that the OT and Legends characters resonate with optimism and idealism but also have had complicated pasts/choices and have found ways to be optimistic and proactive.

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Love how you write Breha and Bail taking care for Leia as her child and keeping her safe
    And that poem with Mara and Luke. Mara being the enemy but becoming the great friend and love of Luke

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.