main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mini Series TBOBF Season 1 Discussion (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Dec 14, 2021.

1. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Master star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  2. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Let's heckin' goooo!! :cool:[face_party]

[​IMG]

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
  4. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    It says Season 1? So any future seasons ?

cwustudent and Happy Sando like this.
  5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Now that we know that basically all of the Live action shows are getting physical releases, I am really hopeful that within like a year, maybe two will get one for the clone wars season seven as well as the bad batch season one through three

Last edited: May 5, 2024
  6. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Force Ghost star 8

Jun 14, 2002
    One of my local used bookstores had Clone Wars 1-5 on regular ole DVD for $80 - used - the other day. Which is absurd. We really need a comprehensive release of it. I'd pay that much for all 7 seasons on 4k/BR, new, with bonus features and such. Not for resale DVDs that don't have all the seasons.

7. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    That's what I'm on the edge of my seat to see. That tweet is from a biased unofficial source, so I'd take its wording with a pinch of salt, but Disney's box art wording will confirm or deny their intentions. If the artwork labels it as 'Season 1' then there's hope.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have my Season1-5 box set in my house it was one of like 7 of the nearly 100 physical releases that survived the flood of our basement

9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't have any physical SW media besides video games. Unless you count the bootlegged puppet show productions that I have of Mandolorian and Obi Wan Kenobi

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    I got really lucky and found TCW season 6 on blu-ray (used, but in pristine condition) for the equivalent of $4US at a local second hand store recently. I already had it on DVD, but only Region 1, which my blu-ray player won't play.

11. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

DurararaFTW and Happy Sando like this.
  12. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Temura Morrison, says he has tried to nudge for a season 2 of Book of Boba Fett...

Happy Sando likes this.
  13. Happy Sando

Jun 23, 2023
    Ah, so the man's a legend and a hero, then. :boba: =D=

14. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think we are getting a season 2 of TBOB.

15. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I’d be down for it. As long as they get a new director, and put a restraining order on Rodriguez. No closer than 500 meters from the set!

They need to especially ban his guitar.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2024
    TCF-1138 likes this.
  16. Riv_Shiel

Riv_Shiel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2014
    I'd say they need a different writer even more. Most of the problems with BOBF carried right over into Mando S3. I think Favreau is better suited to telling small scale stories, then trying to tell the story of a gang war.

godisawesome likes this.
  17. godisawesome

godisawesome Skywalker Saga Undersheriff star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 14, 2010
    I feel like the issue might be Favreau and Filoni telling themselves that keeping things simple is the key - because the focus is good, but the lack of depth isn’t.

Like, they never actually seemed to want to play Boba as a crime Lord, but instead as a feudal lord who ends up fighting both the local and invasive crime element - but they just either never thought of it that way or were afraid that clarifying that idea would “ruin” the fun... instead of, y’know, the false advertising doing that.

Plus, just a general thing the D+ shows need is Season-length story arcs or collections of story arcs. It should not feel like an editor could trim the entire season down into a single movie regardless.

18. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    I think they need to structure the shows more like how the TCW and Andor were. Its a show called "Book of Boba Fett" and while the episodes were titled chapters it didn't feel like chapters of a larger tapistery of Boba's life. The Mando stuff should have also been labeled interludes.

Now that I think about it, I think it would have worked better if they had the first episode of BoBF have a chapter title of "Chapter 150" or something to show that its one small chapter in a larger story. Which then allows you to fill in the gaps.

Also I still don't like the idea that Boba was on Tatooine for 5 years after Jedi. I just think the Sarlacc incident should have just been a minor inconvinance with a week or so of healing before going off on another adventure.

19. DarthHass

DarthHass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2004
    A second season would be great filler between now and the Mandalorian movie. I think a refocus of what Mando season 4 would be to a BOBF second season would be a good idea and keep some of that momentum.

the only downside in my opinion is that there’s no more Garsa Fwip.

20. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The Actress who plays the armourer said mutch was changed in pre production.

21. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    I will happily bang the drum for the Rodriguez Revival.

Happy Sando likes this.
  22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Temura Morrison about this show.

“This show's reception does seem to have impacted the future of the character in the franchise.