main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The 12 thefts of the Death Star Plans: How a Continuity error wasn't actually an error.

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TheMastersSkywalker, Nov 1, 2022.

1. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Which scene? The destruction of Despayre, or Rianna's contacts with Leia afterward?

2. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I love this! After all every SW tale and medium is a retelling of what originally happened, like a history channel/book pov. So details may vary but this combined version is gold!

Especially kudos for noting the "Several transmissions" bit most people overlook!

Now, with all players involved in planhunt and attacks etc. who lives long enough to potentially take part in the fatal 1000 X-Wing + Lucrehulc raid on the DS1? I'd like to headcanonically add some known names to this tragic mission that rivals the losses at Scarif.

3. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    so like I suggested before, Kyle’s trip to Coruscant to brief Rianna can happen between chapters 5 and 6 of DF: Soldier For The Empire (he just grew a beard and then shaved it off again haha)
    But then towards the end of the game Rianna watches the destruction of Despayre, but by this point the Devastator is back on the Death Star and Vader is about to have the conference with Tarkin, Tagge and Motti. So the plans are already with R2, so which plans is she stealing from Kheev?

4. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    I think given the timing and the stress they put on these being the "updated" plans, they've gotta be a third set of plans distinct from the earlier Danuta and Toprawa plans, which, as you point out, Leia already has.

I suspect that "Leia" in at least some of the later sections of Lethal Alliance can't actually be Leia either, given that she's been captured by the Empire by the time Despayre is destroyed. Could be someone posing as Leia to keep her spy network active after her capture. (My guess would be Winter or PROXY.)

ColeFardreamer and QuinlanSolo like this.
  5. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    I like the Winter or PROXY angle

6. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm actually interviewing Paul Cockburn, author of Jedi Dawn, for my podcast shortly, so I'm hoping to get some juicy details regarding this particular telling of the theft of the plans

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got both of the Jedi Dawn books. Be interesting to see what you find out.

8. GrandMoffTrachta

GrandMoffTrachta Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 11, 2022
    Do we have confirmation that the plans featured in BF2 on Polis Massa ever actually ended up with the Tantive IV? I know the Empire found "records" of them at the PM base, but is it possible the Rebels decided to wipe it before they were overwhelmed?

9. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    havet was killed by desann

10. I remember reading a Story where they justified the whole Deathstar Plans thing in Legends i dont remember if it was official or made by fans

11. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013

I just stumbled upon this fanmade timelapse of the Deat Star Construction and am hypnotized ever since by it.... thought you might like it, too.

MercenaryAce likes this.