main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Most people thought a fitting way for Ahsoka's journey to end was death to Vader. But I honestly think Ahsoka deserve some peace as she's gone through so many traumatizing experiences.

revan772 and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I guess that does make sense. I wonder if at one point it was on Dave Filoni's (or GL's) mind to end Ahsoka's story even before Order 66 (before TCW's cancellation of course); maybe being killed by Darth Maul - which would've been highly anti-climactic considering she had very little to do with him before SOM.

3. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    If that occurred, it was basically done to get Anakin to fight Darth Maul

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Which wouldn't really fit into the story that much either. Maul was to Obi-Wan what Vader was to Ahsoka. One completes the other.

5. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    Maul doesn't fit into the story of TCW when you come right down to it.

For all the hype about the duel between Lady Tano vs. Half a Sith, that won't be the emotional climax of the series (they've never met.) Order 66 will. Even that might be more a defining moment for Rex rather than Ahsoka because of the fugitive arc. For Ahsoka, it's more of a "Oh no, not again" moment.

teamhansolo and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  6. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    True. It's only for the spectacle.

Nah. Ahsoka now gonna have to move on to a new life with the guilt of her leaving the Jedi order like mentioned in the Ahsoka novel.

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well if you want to make the argument that TCW was more Ahsoka's story than anyone else's, then yeah; you have a point. But when the Creator himself came outright saying that he regretted throwing away Maul's character immediately after TPM, there's nothing you can really do about it. GL wanted Maul back, and he developed the deeper story of revenge between him and Obi-Wan.

teamhansolo likes this.
  8. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    I like that Maul came in, and brought in players into TCW that were not suppose to be there but ended up there anyway. I agree that TCW (the show) was Ahsoka's story, with multiple side stories showing those who interconnected with her. In that regard, I think Maul fits in perfectly and I am so happy we will finally get to see this finale. I know that is not everyone's view on it but I like to try to look at everything we get with a positive light, makes me feel better about Star Wars as a whole.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Darth Maul helped revitalize the TCW show, but he had only a few appearances anyway as a guest star. He brings in fans, publicity and a great deal of interest in general. TCW was more or less a pastiche(G canon) version of the Dark Horse' Republic series , it was not the Ahsoka show. But whereas Quinlan Vos took a pivotal role cause of the creators of that comic created and favorited that insert character, Ahsoka was Filoni's version. Interestingly both sets of creators saved their insert characters from death in their respective mediums.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    That's a matter of opinion. Another could argue that the show didn't need anything to revitalize it.

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    cwustudent likes this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    At that point in the show, I certainly thought it needed a boost.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Again, matter of opinion. GL had said he regretted offing Maul in TPM so he intended to give him a second chance in the show no matter what. Personally, I was more interested in Maul's story only as it involved Mother Talzin and the Dathomir witches.

13. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, that’s pretty much all I do here. Offer my opinion. ;)

DurararaFTW and cwustudent like this.
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well on that note; as this is the Ahsoka thread, here's a pic I found of her on Deviantart.
    [​IMG]
    by trheil01

Last edited: May 29, 2019
    rumblewagon likes this.
  15. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    The fact that GL regretted killing Maul in TPM is only tied to the fact that he didn't expect he would be that popular. The same happened with Boba Fett, he was never meant to become a fan favorite either.

I can appreciate that GL and/or Filoni wanted to give Maul a second chance but frankly, bringing someone back from death in such a way -- I mean, after having him cut in halt, drop down a impossibly deep shaft and having the Jedi Council find his body (how else could they know beyond any doubt he was indeed a Sith after saying "No way it was a Sith"), not only doesn't challenge suspension of disbelief a great deal, it also make pretty much any character's death insignificant. At that point, whenever I saw someone die in TCW or Rebel I though "yeah okay... how long until they resuscitate them?". I mean, even Maul's 'death' at Obi-Wan's hands in Rebels is liable to be retconned. We didn't see what happened to his body and as far as lightsaber wounds go, he survived much worse.

DurararaFTW likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ahsoka sketch from a local con. I think the artist may have had a disability as his speech was somewhat slurred, so please consider this on any criticism.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
  17. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    If you were ever going to allow Ahsoka to interact with a Marvel Cinematic Universe character, who would you guys choose?

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I think Ahsoka would hit it off well with Shuri of Black Panther fame. I was considering the female characters in the MCU, and I feel like she's the one who shares some of Ahsoka's characteristics. She's nowhere near OP like Captain Marvel or Scarlett Witch. She's far more independent than Gamora. Black Widow just seems on another level of maturity; and on top of that for the most part she's usually not that far away from Hawkeye.

19. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Ahsoka's kyber crystal and message from a Jedi holocron at Galaxy's Edge. (3:55)

20. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    I was thinking Spiderman if you know what I mean.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not sure I do.

22. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Just tought i put this one here.

23. Vizzy91

Nov 12, 2018
    [​IMG]

The closest we got to an Ahsoka - Spiderman team up.

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Ok, you're going to have to explain that one to me.

[​IMG]

25. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If true I could see her appearing in the Cassian series. Timeline would likely be perfect and we know Cassian was a Fulcrum agent. It seems like the likeliest place for her to make her live action debut.