main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Ahsoka Tano Mega Thread Power Hour

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Aug 16, 2015.

1. Erkan12

Erkan12 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Please, don't share this guy's videos. He doesn't know Star Wars. He just said in this video that Ahsoka is 15 years old at the end of the Clone Wars Season 7, while everyone knows she was 17 years old, this alone proves that he has no idea about it, or he is purposely spreading misinformation to overrate that the characters that he thinks they should be strong.

I mentioned this to @Vorax before, this guy makes extremely biased videos towards Maul, I think it's not a big problem to be biased, but he acutally lies about it, that's the problem. He uses non-canon legends sources to overrate Dooku against Maul, and not only that he adds additional words that doesn't exists in the legends books, for example in his previous video about dooku or maul, about who was more powerful, he uses that legends / non-canon source, it's not a problem to use legends (though pre-2012 legends source didn't know maul was strong enough to survive bisection thus maul's powers retconned after that, I don't think it's fair to use legends for maul's powers at this point) even then I say it's still ok use it, since you can be biased as a fan. But adding a word that doesn't exist in that source in order to overrate his favorite character? That's lying. He says this; he gives a references from a book that is written in 2003 / Legacy of the Jedi Novel, (it's written way before when no one knows that maul survived from bisection) which states that Kenobi says fighting against Dooku ''hadn't been the same'' with fighting against Maul and what this guy says in his own video about the same source? He says ''hadn't been the same, not even close'' , he literally lies about a star wars legends source to overrate Dooku against Maul. I wrote this and I asked him why are you lying about this source several days ago, and he didn't even answer my reply, he does this on purpose for some reason that I don't know yet (could be for being a dooku fan, or maul hater, or click bait for his videos, not sure). I also asked him to use canon sources, such as when the 'canon' top 5 red lightsaber users list states Maul > Dooku, or the darth vader comic book where sidious says that Maul was a loss as a true apprentice while Dooku was a proton torpedo and he wasn't a loss, or when Savage Opress and Quinlan Vos defeats Dooku in a lightsaber duel in the new canon, of course he doesn't mention none of these things in his videos, he doesn't even reply.

As for the video that you shared, he is clearly spreading misinformation once again, and not about Ahsoka's age either, he says Ahsoka is far more powerful than Maul in the Rebels, I mean, he either didn't watch the Rebels or he is misleading for some reason. Maul took 3 Inquisitors at same time in the Rebels, something that Ahsoka never did. And then he moved faster than Ahsoka when he saved Ezra from Eighth Brother, then what happened? They agreed that ''the logical choice'' is pairing Ezra (weakest) with the strongest fighter in their group; which is Maul, not Ahsoka.
    The original group was Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra.
    The strongest Maul had the match with the weakest of the Jedi, so it was Maul > Ahsoka > Kanan > Ezra. Group A: Maul / Ezra, Group B: Ahsoka / Kanan.

Ok, let's say he didn't give any attention to that while watching the Rebels episode, let's say he missed this (though not sure how, if you are making a star wars videos in youtube) then how did you miss the part where Maul took Eighth Brother and Fifth Brother at the same time when Ahsoka wasn't able to beat Fifth Brother alone? Either he didn't watch the episode, or he is ignoring all of these on purpose. And then Maul attacks Kanan, he blinds him, and then Ahsoka tries to defend wounded Kanan and she tries to defeat Maul, but she fails to defeat him, I guess he didn't see that either since Ahsoka can't beat Maul, and Maul was controlling the duel, he even turns his back to Ahsoka at some point during the duel and Ahsoka still can't do anything to Maul in the duel, Maul even makes fun of her as he says ''running away again?'' I mean I understand for some people to be biased, but this is really something else.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  2. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I'll be very disappointed if the tube top isn't last.

EDIT: Ha!

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    rumblewagon likes this.
  4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Back when the Clone Wars film came out, I genuinely didn't think I was going to like Ahsoka. I bristled at the idea of giving Anakin a Padawan. But over the years, I've really grown to like Ahsoka and even like her for Anakin. Recently, I watched CWS7 and was blown away by the ending four episodes. I realized how much I love her character. It was hard not to get emotional when she says goodbye to Anakin or when she starts to subconsciously put the pieces together about his fall. Her fight to survive Order 66 was extremely tense. I had the same pit of dread in my stomach I get when I watch ROTS.

Then I watched Rebels as well, and wow. Her arcs in that series were also amazing. I really like her character and am really looking forward to her appearances in the Mandalorian.

5. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    This more to your liking? :cool:

[​IMG]

6. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    [​IMG]

7. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Why do I mentally hear the sound of an idling Harley Davidson Fatboy when I look at this picture? I can't help it, it's the sound my brain puts to this image.

Bor Mullet and Lord-Skywalker like this.
  8. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Maybe because the artist is deliberately referencing modern motorcycle culture? More of a chopper than a Fatboy, but still. It’s purposefully more Earth bike than GFFA bike.

Darth Valkyrus likes this.
  9. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    They did not

10. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Lucasfilm, hire this person!

11. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
  12. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    Easiest way to get a like from me post something about the master and apprentice. Also through the entire TCW series the reveal from Darth Maul to Ahsoka about Anakin was the most heartbreaking moment for me.

13. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    Ahsoka denied it to the end, showing her loyalty. Just a tragic story. Looking forward to see her character expand even further in live action.

Ben-Solo likes this.
  14. Ben-Solo

Ben-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2017
    I’d like her story to continue in any medium; her journey from TCW to Rebels is a vast blank canvas to be explored

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  15. Lord-Skywalker

Jul 8, 2002
    Totally agree, I'm excited the casual fans that don't follow the animation will get to see her in live action. I really think her live action debut will be epic!

16. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    I wanted more interaction, too. I didn't think it was done very well but Rebels was so very focused on Ezra most of the time that a lot of stories/characters were ignored for too long, imo. Considering how determined Sabine was to find out who Fulcrum was, to Fulcrum being Ahsoka who had several involvements in Mandalore, it was like Sabine lost interest. She didn't seem to know who Ahsoka was - though, yes, Mandalore had a lot going on under the Empire - and she didn't seem to have any further interest in Fulcrum once Fulcrum showed up. It came off as super weird to me. "The intelligence agent known as Fulcrum is a Togruta warrior who wears lightsabers like a Jedi? I have no further questions, my curiosity is satisfied!"

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  17. Austin Chaos

Austin Chaos Jedi Knight star 1

May 28, 2020
    I just watched one of those videos going around, where the scene transitions from person to person, doing random things. This one was a collection of actors and stunt-women doing a "fight scene". Anyway, Rosario Dawson was on there and does this scissor kick, and it just got me totally pumped to see her as Ahsoka. I'll really mark out if we get to see some well-sequenced fight scenes, she's so acrobatic, it'll be a blast to watch.

Lord-Skywalker likes this.
  18. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    Yeah, it's a bit odd, and more could've been done with Ahsoka's position, dynamics with different characters, etc. My rationale is that the sabers were the key. At least during that time, people tended to assume that someone using a saber and/or the Force was a Jedi. And early in The Protector of Concord Dawn, Sabine takes issue with the Jedi approach.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  19. dsjericho

dsjericho Jedi Knight

Mar 2, 2016
    I very much hope I'm wrong but I doubt it and, even though I want it, I'm seriously nervous about a live action Ahsoka. I'm probably in the minority in that I thought the Maul vs. Ahsoka fight was only pretty good. What worked for me were the backflips and when she physically landed on Maul's body during an attack. Ahsoka does that and, frankly, I love when she uses her opponents' bodies as other objects in her environment during a fight. The rest of the fight was, to me, too static, too stand-up, too slow, too typical of action-stunt-trick fighting I've seen many times in the Arrowverse or in Marvel properties with baton wielders. I think I found her too human (not Togruta) without the acrobatics or the darting-fast attacks; like using the mocap for reference was too limiting in this case.

20. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    If you mean compared to those who felt it was one of the best lightsaber duels ever, yes you are in the extreme minority in your opinion.
    I do agree that Ahsoka needs to seem as if she's a different species and not just a human with montrals. She does have quick, darting movements that we've seen throughout TCW.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not following the argument that Ahsoka needs to be more Togruta/less human when she's dueling with lightsabers. Does that entail that all Togruta are supposed to be nimble on their feet with quick, darting movements?

22. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    Well, I think we've seen how fast and quick Ahsoka is in any battle that she is in. She'll dart forward fairly low to the ground, sometimes jumping off walls. Shaak Ti is pretty nimble as well. The live action Shaak Ti hardly moved at all. Perhaps @dsjericho is wanting a live action Ahsoka to move like the animated Ahsoka.

23. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So you're talking about the Force-wielding Togruta. I just think about the Togruta from Shilli who were taken as slaves. Not exactly bouncing off the walls and nimble as you're saying Ahsoka and Shaak Ti are. More closer to human, tbh.

Last edited: May 30, 2020
  24. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
  25. Dorryn

Dorryn Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2015
    I don't know about new canon but in Legends, one of the properties of montrals is that it gives togrutas an innate enhanced spatial awareness. They can literally 'sense' what's around them, even without the Force ; I can see how that would be helpful for any kind of acrobatics.