main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ah. I’ll have to watch the video

2. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Thought this might be interesting...Although not going to be stories of the unfinished arc, this book is coming out in August which seems to have a number of different authors writing their own Clone Wars stories following a number of characters, which could be cool.

Here is a preview I found: https://ew.com/books/read-the-exclu...ars-the-clone-wars-stories-of-light-and-dark/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    That book is also going to have a Nightsister-focused story in addition to the arc retellings. Color me excited. :D

Moll likes this.
  4. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Seems to be a certain point of view but for TCW and more canon :p

Moll likes this.
  5. Starwarsfan9000

Starwarsfan9000 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 24, 2012
    I do wonder if they finished the Bounty Hunters arc would one of the elements they'd have to redo or change would be Aurra Sing's apparent death? It's been implied that this arc was where she died and a friend I had who interviewed people involved in the arc years ago kind of corroborated this along with Bane's death which is pretty obvious from the clip but couldn't outright say anything at the time and I guess still sort of can't. Whenever story points are brought up people still kind of have to dance around it because it's not officially out yet.

Kyle Newman husband of Jaime King voice of Aurra mentioned it when discussing Solo with a group:

The reason I mention a change is because they say in Solo that Beckett was involved and they recorded this arc long before that movie was thought of so I doubt whoever or whatever killed Aurra was related to Beckett at the time unless it was some random unnamed bounty hunter they could retcon as Beckett but I doubt that was the case.

It also seems like from the clip of Boba and Bane, Sugi was killed since Marrok drops her weapons and the look Boba gives them seems to indicate something happened and her rifle is the weapon Boba will have in later films so it's possible he took it up in memory of her. The one thing that kind of puts that into question is the Aftermath books which I haven't read granted but from what I gather she was active during the Imperial era.

I do get why people want the arc I do as well I just don't think it was going to fit in this final Season they wanted to be centred around Ahsoka and Rex so the stories had to reflect them. A random story about Boba where none of the main hero characters seemed to appear wouldn't have fit. I still do want to see it though even if it's just the unfinished animatics or a comic book.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Also we know Aurra was likely killed during the dark times since Lando owed her something which is why he thanks Beckett for killing her. So she needed to survive the arc

7. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    Lando would have been 24 by the end of the Clone Wars. So he could have met her in one his early adventures during that time.

cwustudent likes this.
  8. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Exactly what I thought when I saw it! I have that book, hopefully TCW one is as good :)

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Really? Huh so he is a lot older than Han. Han would have been 13 or so

So he’s only 2 years younger than Anakin. I take it back. He could have totally owed Aurra money by that age. I thought he was like 13 :p

10. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    His new canon birth is 43 BBY. Not sure if it was before. He's 33 in 10 BBY. I usually minus out using the Lothal calendar (43 BBY is 3234 and 10 BBY is 3267 etc.) And you're correct Han would have been 13 as he is born in 32 BBY the year TPM takes place with an 11 year age gap between the characters compared to the 5 year gap between Harrison Ford and Billy Dee Williams and the six year gap between Alden Ehrenreich and Donald Glover.

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I’ll check his Legends age

Yep. He was way younger in Legends. Born in 31 BBY so he would only be 12 in legends by the end of TCW. My guess is they bumped his age in canon to be closer to Billy’s actually age

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Easy solution to all this "canon" stuff - just disregard it and run roughshod over it like they did with the Ahsoka book.

13. Starwarsfan9000

Feb 24, 2012
    His old legends birthdate is now Qi'ra's in canon. She's 21 in 10 BBY compared to Emilia Clarke who would have been 30-31 during production. Alden would have been 27-28 and Glover 33-34. It can be a little confusing to follow sometimes.

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s literally in a movie though. You can’t do that.

cwustudent likes this.
  15. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    George literally retconned ANH when he made Empire :p

Darth Wookiee, Bor Mullet and Moll like this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    True. Still there is no need to. Just change the arc to fit into existing material

17. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    He told me. Filoni also told me that he’s working on an animated Old Republic TV show in the style of Studio Ghibli.

18. Darth Wookiee

Darth Wookiee Jedi Master star 3

Nov 29, 2013
    Maybe they won’t make it canon, but I would rather have them release a non-canon Bounty Hunter arc as intended than change it to fit in with Solo.

19. DBPirate

DBPirate Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2015
    I agree 100%. Strongly against changing anything just to fit in the new canon that they can't even keep straight themselves. Especially when it has George's involvement.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Doesn’t really matter we won’t see it anyway

21. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    If they did it, it should definitely conform to Solo canon.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Thank you. It’s not even that hard. Just keep her alive. I don’t think it would have taken away anything

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Or, don't change anything and have the last shot of the story randomly be Tobias Beckett pushing her off a ledge.

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Truly just how Lucas intended it

25. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    And make a big deal about Woody Harrelson doing mo-cap in the episode and then you see it and it's literally just that one shot.

Up until now I was okay with this arc not being finished, but this? We need this.