main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Arcs that were not

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Nov 16, 2014.

Tags:
?

Which unfinished story arcs would like to see fully animated in the future?

1. Darth Maul – Son of Dathomir

37.8%
  2. The Bounty Hunters arc

40.1%
  3. Ahsoka arc 1 – Ahsoka's Walkabout

21.8%
  4. The Yoda/Kashyyyk arc

23.7%
  5. Mon Cala arc

15.3%
  6. Ahsoka arc 2 – Ahsoka's Return to the Jedi

28.6%
  7. Dark Disciple

32.1%
  8. Rex and R2-D2 arc

17.6%
  9. The Siege of Mandalore

53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Yes. Now if only they could actually honor it and give the fans what they want, rather than appropriating the stories and putting them in the OT era. People want the rest of Lucas's stories.

2. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Thanks for letting me know the episode guides were up, I love trawling the concept art. A shame though that like Tales of the Jedi the model sheets have been scrubbed of titles, production codes, and date info that used to be present. Was a useful metric for gaging the production timelines.

Nice to see Serolonis make it over into canon at last though. I wonder how many assets in Faster were originally built for the TCW arc? Probably more ground textures and general building design, since the racing stadium is probably all brand new.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  3. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Between that, and the fact that both the Bad Batch and Book of Boba Fett have made references to this arc having happened, that story would be really good to bring back in some form. Book or comic works fine, just so long as we can actually see it (though why waste all the already finished voice acting).

4. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    They could still show him reverence even if they aren't legally obligated to. Even if fans have had a mixed reception to Lucas's personal touch, a lot of them still feel as though his vision should be respected more as the creator of the world Disney is expanding on. There's the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. They're not breaking the contract, but that doesn't mean their creative decisions are immune to righteous irritation from fans.

5. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    A basic concept that unfortunately is completely alien to many fans (including those inside Lucasfilm).

6. ToughLuck32

ToughLuck32 Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2023
    D.P Hmm, looks like the trivia gallery for this episode claims the events of that unseen arc of The Clone Wars where the Bad Batch went with Yoda to Kashyyyk still happened and are still official canon: https://www.starwars.com/series/the-bad-batch/tribe-episode-guide?image_id=5f39639d7c431ebd6b4f2a72.

There's the big refutation of that BS claim that certain arcs of The Clone Wars are no longer canon. Because now it's basically out there that two arcs (Cad Bane and Boba Fett, due to Bane's metal headplate, and The Bad Batch and Yoda on Kashyyyk, thanks to Wrecker and Hunter reminiscing their last time on that planet and how they tell Omega of the wookiees communing with the trees) ARE still OFFICIAL canon. And, that is not BS.

7. SWFan052577

SWFan052577 Jedi Padawan

May 31, 2021
    Alright
    My argument isn't that they're no longer canon, it's that Disney is doing this repurposing of assets and vague referencing BS so they can weasel their way out of animating the actual TCW stories.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  8. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Was there ever a name given to the planet or perhaps planets used in the Boba Fett/Cad Bane arc? Was it really just Tatooine?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  9. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Serolonis was visited in the climax, it was recently reused in the episode Faster for The Bad Batch. Kessel also would have featured, the specific location was reused in Rebels’ opening two parter.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  10. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    It’s been announced there will be a 15 year anniversary for TCW panel at this years Star Wars Celebration, anyone else hoping there will be some surprises in store like there was at the TCW 10th anniversary panel?

11. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Maybe Cad Bane vs Boba arc as an animated film.

12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    could see the
    Yoda and the Bad Batch on Kashyyyk

even more so as it would tie with Bad Batch.

iPodwithnomusic likes this.
  13. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Give me Son of Dathomir or give me death.

14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I do wish Lucasfilm would adapt some novels.

never liked that the end of Ventress is told in a novel when she was so prominent on the show.

15. I think that if TCW had not been cancelled in 2014 TCW would have had about 10, 11 or 12 Seasons i think that with 7 Seasons was fine maybe we would have had Rebels more later and in TCW/Bad Batch Style

16. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think it still be 8 seasons with 22 episodes. Maybe a more expensive Rebels show and could do what Clone Wars did.

17. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes, there was not going to be more than 8 seasons. We already know which episode arcs were missing.

darkspine10 likes this.
  18. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Do we know all the arcs that are missing.

19. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Yes. These are the missing four-part arcs:
    • Bounty Hunter arc
    • Utapau arc
    • Ahsoka in Underworld arc
    • Bad Batch arc
    • Dark Disciple, part 1 arc
    • Yoda and Bad Batch arc
    • Son of Dathomir arc
    • Rex and R2 arc
    • Dark Disciple, part 2 arc
    • Sith Shrine arc
    • Vong arc
    • Mon Cala arc
    • Siege of Mandalore arc

20. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    We really need the Sons of Dathomir arc, the Yoda and bad batch arc, and utapau arc. Those three are so important with the new Disney canon that I am shocked that those have not been considerded for a season 8 lost missions 2. The Sons of Dathomir arc is probably as big if not bigger than the Seige of Mandalore arc asa it will deal with the end of Mother Talzin and Darth Maul disappearing until Rebels and Solo. Not to mention big fights scenes between the Mandalorians , Bounty Hunters, and separatisit, along with the nightbrothers and the big final between dooku, greiveus, sidious, talzin and maul. The Yoda arc has a big significance because of the bad batch, the wookiees having this connection to the trees, and yoda helping out the wookiees and not being in coruscant to deal with Palpatine. The last arc has a lot to do with anakin dealing with the loss of ashoka, the kyber crystals being mentioned and shown. Who would have thought that kybers would become so prominent in star wars and that arc alone was super important. I doubt they would do the Dark Disicple arc as those were done in a novel form, but these other three arcs are a must. The last one would be the Bounty Hunter arc but for some weird reason they don't want to release it. I think if they came out with at least those three it would really feel that the clone wars are complete. I still think that they are not because of the new direction that disney went and quite frankly it makes it hard for me to invest in star wars like I was able to do before the disney merger. Everything else got chucked and they made the series as the official canon yet its not really complete. Rogue One really made kybers so important that indirectly that clone wars arc is a must along with anakin dealing with the loss of ashoka. That needed to be explored and makes the siege of mandalore more meaningful when anakin goes out of his way for her. Me writing about this is depressing the crap out of me because something so bold feels so hollow. I would have rather just stayed with the micro series and ROTS movie and called it a day concerning the clone wars. Instead of having over 125 episodes and things feel half full.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  21. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    Honestly, to me it's too late for that. Taking into account what happened with the so called "Season 7" and how they couldn't respect the original ideas and had to make pointless changes, I don't trust them to do the other arcs and honor the stories. Specially now that George is not there to approve stuff. At this point I'd rather they just make a book with the story outlines, scripts and artwork developed for the unfinished arcs.

The bounty hunter arc was the one in the most advanced stage of development, and it would most likely show the end of Cad Bane and how Boba took his place as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy (just like Bane became the best after the death of Jango). It's one of those arcs that would tie things up with the movies, like Son of Dathomir (fate of Talzin) and Dark Disciple (fate of Ventress).

The Siege of Mandalore was going to be the last time we would have seen Maul, not Son of Dathomir.

22. Filoni TCW Version of the Yuuzhan Vong are Pre Grysks

23. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I agree they would not do it justice and I doubt they would revist it anyway. It is a shame but then again so has everything else with star wars been not so great.

24. Jedi Master Chuck

Jedi Master Chuck Jedi Master star 2

Mar 19, 2013
    I noticed that recently they have changed the Son of Dathomir comic to 'Legends', non-canon designation. It's ineresting because Son of Dathomir was published after the sale an cancellation of the show. They included it in the Clone Wars legends epic collection / omnibus.

Makes me wonder if they could do the same with the Dark Disciple novel.

I still believe there are 6 arcs needed to make Clone Wars complete:

1) Utapau
    2) Bounty Hunters
    3) Kashyyyk
    4/5) Dark Disciple I & II
    6) Son of Dathomir

These six arcs would wrap up all major storylines from the show.

With Bad Batch and Tales of the Jedi, it's clear that the issue with finishing these arcs isn't the cost / budget. I can almost guarantee new episodes of Clone Wars would garner even more attention / views, so I don't think it's a popularity thing either.

I know Dave has said that he doesn't personally feel like working on Clone Wars anymore because it doesn't have the same magic without George as part of the production, which I completely understand. But surely that's not the only thing preventing the completion of episodes which are, in my estimation, essential for both the narrative arc of the Clone Wars as a whole and for other series currently in production.

cwustudent and darkspine10 like this.
  25. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Someone in this thread had given me a link to a Google Drive file (I think) , which contained all the details about all the unfinished arcs.

It was beautifully organized, but I cannot seem to find that link anymore, and I kinda don't want to scroll through 146 pages.

Would anyone be kind enough to post the link, if you have kept it? I want to read that guide again.

Also, this was the list of missing arcs before the 7th season came out. We got the ones I marked as bold in your post. Now there's only 10 story arcs missing (aka 40 episodes), which would have supplemented Seasons 6 and 7 to a full length of 21-22 episodes, plus 22 episodes for the 8th season.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2023