main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bad Batch 1.14 - War-Mantle - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Jul 29, 2021.

Tags:
?

Grade the episode

Poll closed Aug 6, 2021.
  1. 10

21.0%
  2. 9

33.9%
  3. 8

32.3%
  4. 7

9.7%
  5. 6

1.6%
  6. 5

1.6%
  7. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Or Wolffe genuinely thought the Jedi were traitors even with a defective inhibitor chip.

I wonder if the stuff that happened on Kamino means Omega is safe from them and fully resolved that plot. It would seem so. Do you guys think Nala got caught or is a traitor? It's surprising nothing happened to her after "Bounty Lost".

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah I think they’ll still be out there

3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Grading poll is live.
    Have you watched "War Mantle" yet? Did you like it? Did you hate it? Did you not give a **** at all? Let us know.
    Click your grade and if you want, be a critic and let us know why!
    Note: This poll will close one week from now.​

4. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    For what purpose will bounty hunters be after her now?

10/ 10. This episode kicked ass. No WOT is required to explain why.

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think bounty hunters won't be coming for her again until the empire learns off her now with Kamnio finnished.
    And like mister Seerow, i give this a 10/10.

6. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    8/10 for my boy Delta-62 and other clone commandos.
    [​IMG]

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Could we see Delta Squad vs. The Bad Batch?

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  8. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I wonder if Commander Cody is there somewhere. Hope he is if Rex joins the remaining team for a rescue. I actually want to see Rex teach Rampart some respect for the clones. Pretty slim chance of either. Would love for the last two titles to leak. This is one arc so definitely no teaser coming. Miss the teaser clips TCW used to do for each episode.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Your tactics confuse me. I forget the exact qoute

10. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I don't think so as it only clone commandos, i think Cody is proberly somewhere else and is saved for season 2.

11. Vinylshadow

Vinylshadow Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2017
    "Your tactics confuse and frighten me, sir."
    "Are you trying to baffle the enemy into submission?"

TheMechanical0ne likes this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    The episode gave me the impression that each Clone Commando was training their own squad.
    That probably explains why we didn't see all the Delta's together, they were probably broken up and spread across the whole facility.

13. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Were those clones ordered into the room with Lama Su? He might have a secret command to override their orders .

The explosion definitely changed his personality. Gregor was suffering amnesia working as a cook when he was introduced. He had no idea who he was. His chip went through a lot.

New Stormtroopers

My take. It’s great to see a slightly modified version of McQuarrie’s concept Stormtrooper in actually Star Wars content. It’s an excellent design. It feels like Star Wars.

The only down side is I’m not sure the design really fits in universe for the time period. Visually there is a clear evolution from the Phase 3 Clone helmet to the ANH Stormtrooper helmet. The McQuarrie concept helmet introduces design elements not present in either helmet. It doesn’t feel like the missing link between RotS and ANH helmets.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    It's completely possible that Gregor has been blown up twice. Both before "Missing in Action" then at the end of the episode. Plenty of room to damage his chip. It may be the second time gave back all his memories and true personality. This and Rebels are who he is. Although Crosshair is apparently already gone the troopers who go in with Lama Su look like some of Crosshair's new squad. Up until seeing the KT Troopers, I assumed the recruits were all wearing the darker armor.

15. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    No way :). The "first gen" Strom Trooper armor is really cool. Very much like Ralph McQuarrie's designs he did back in the day. Really like the look, for me anyway.

Great Episode. Two more left. Bring it on. Man, I hope they end with a huge bang!

16. silentfault

silentfault Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 5, 2021
    Ideally, proto stormtrooper helmets should have been Hunter's helmet. Like in The Force Unleashed. It would have fit much better, and it shows the transition from clone to stormtrooper aesthetics much better. But instead Hunter has it for no reason.
    [​IMG]
    I think the ones in this episode look silly. It looks like they have angry faces wearing sun glasses. Doesn't feel right to me. Especially considering it's like 6 months or even less since Revenge of the Sith. Ralph McQuarrie or not, but some things are left out to be merely sketches for a reason, and I find not all of his designs translating into 3D well.

17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I think they just wanted to use old concept art

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    The Empire just isn't doing things gradually. It's no wonder when there are guys like Rampart looking to make a name for themselves. He wants to move on from the Clones quickly as possible so he can rank up. I would like to see that guy end up on the sharp end of Hunter's knife or better yet with Rex somehow holding it.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I wouldn’t be shocked if we see Star destroyers in the final episodes

20. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    Hopefully at least a Victory Class, if not the classic Imperial-1.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Do we know when that scene at the end of revenge of the Sith takes place

cwustudent likes this.
  22. Freelancer257

Freelancer257 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    I loved the mirroring of some of the beats of the escape from the Death Star, which was also reflected in quoting sections of the soundtrack from those scenes in ANH.

I also liked the contrast between the peaceful green forest and the dark, claustrophobic base inside the mountain. The setting reminded me a little of Mount Tantiss from the Thrawn trilogy.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    The music was very similar to that of a new hope

24. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 6

Feb 2, 2015
    I think there was a direct quote from "Shootout in the Cellbay" at one point.

25. Lord Exor

Lord Exor Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2019
    They were members of Crosshair's squad, and they're recruits rather than clones. Lama Su is at the Empire's mercy now.