main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

The Bad Batch The Bad Batch 2.11 - Metamorphosis - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 28, 2023.

Tags:
?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Mar 8, 2023.
  1. 10

23.0%
  2. 9

21.3%
  3. 8

34.4%
  4. 7

19.7%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    [​IMG]

Kole, El_Machete12, LedReader and 3 others like this.
  2. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Dr Hemlock’s design instantly screams memorable villain.

3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think he might be a more main villain then Rampart was.

4. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Wonder if Nala Se was talking about cloning Force-users, regarding what Palpatine wants.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
    whostheBossk and SeparatistFan like this.
  5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
  6. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    As big Zillo Beast fan this was great. I sort of wish D+ hadn’t used a still of the Zillo Beast in the banner for this episode. I liked how this mimicked the somewhat recent Godzilla movie where the monster evolved over the course of the movie into different monster stages each getting closer and closer to the Godzilla we know.

Glad we got to see Mt. Tantntis again. The drama of the empire’s schemes have me hooked.

So Omega is going to be hunted again. All the people in that remote village are rounded up by the empire. Yikes.

7. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Wait, we ARE talking about Jurassic Park / World!

Also, Omega needs to release all the beasts and say, "I had to, they are aliiiiiiiiiiiiive, just like me"

8. Tuskin38

Tuskin38 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2010
    Scorch was credited as Scorch at the end. Finally clears that up.

IIRC the episode guide last season didn’t directly confirm he was Scorch, it just said the colour scheme was inspired by him.

Voiced by Jimmi Simpson!

Though his face model reminded me of a different actor that I can’t put my finger on

9. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    You will call herrrrrrrrr!

10. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
    Really good episode, in this one, is the start of the main point of the season, Omega.

8/10

Darth Smurf likes this.
  11. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    I was surprised how much more I enjoyed watching this than The Mandalorian. I was kinda bored with the latter, whereas this episode was tense and had an interesting story and scale. Also, I genuinely think The Bad Batch looks better than most of the live-action Star Wars. The lighting is just so good, the cinematography - gorgeous.

pronker, Slater, cwustudent and 5 others like this.
  12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Good episode, nice to finally see the Imperials back in it and that plot going somewhere. If this show goes on another season, hopefully they drop Cid. That character and storyline of giving missions has worn its welcome out. 8/10

Kole and Sproj like this.
  13. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Stellar episode in my opinion. Watched it right after Mando and actually liked this one better as well, though Mando was really good too in my opinion.

I actually didn't like the Zillo Beast during it's Clone Wars appearances but here I did like it.

Intriguing to finally get a better look at the setup on Mount Tantiss and it will be intresting to see where that storyline goes. Also Omega's expertise with Kaminoan equipment coming in handy here was pretty cool. The new Doctor character is really kind off creepy but in a good way, seems like a more effective villain than Rampart from the get go.

I also appreciate seing another named clone that seems all in with the Empire with Scorch. While I appreciate what they're doing with the clones in general, all of them being decent people that secretly hate the Empire would be a bit much.

I do think that Omega will probably get taken in the next couple of episodes and the finale will be about getting her back but maybe I'm off base with that one.

Overall 9/10, a really good episode.

Slater likes this.
  14. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Dr Hemlock you say?
    [​IMG]
    Name inspired by Eastwood's The Eiger Sanction...

15. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I like the idea of getting into genetically manipulated monsters, but I didn't enjoy this episode much.

Sarge likes this.
  16. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I think he's modeled a bit on Sam Witwer/Starkiller, (I thought it was Witwer voicing him until I saw the credits), which would also be a shoutout to Starkiller's relationship with Kamino and cloning.

17. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    This was one of the better episodes imo. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Zillo Beast episodes from TCW, but the intrigue surrounding what the Empire is doing with the cloned Zillo Beast elevated this episode for me. It's been forever since the reveal that Palpatine wanted to clone the Zillo Beast and I'm glad that it's finally paying off.

Now the question is what does he want the armour for? Unless the cloning plot gets foiled or it's going to be used for something we've never seen before, I can't think of anything pre-established that would fit. It obviously wouldn't be used for stormtrooper armour. My first thought was the dark trooper armour because of how tough it was, but then I remembered that Luke's lightsaber could cut through it (and Anakin's lightsaber couldn't cut through Zillo Beast armour). [face_thinking]

Darth MikeSin likes this.
  18. SeparatistFan

SeparatistFan Jedi Master star 3

Oct 19, 2012
    I always suspected Lama Su wasn’t killed, remember saying it on here and no one believed me

Anyway nice to have an episode that is worth talking about again.

Zilo beast cliff hanger is followed up at long last, hope we see the return of that alien scientist that was tasked with cloning it.

I have a bad feeling Lama Su won’t get his freedom.

I’m made up Scorch was confirmed this time round, we need a load of named clones to stay with the Empire to keep it interesting, boring if most of them desert.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  19. Fin McCool

Fin McCool Jedi Master star 4

Apr 18, 2015
    Bad Batch S2 is rarely good (IMHO), but I'll take interesting over uninteresting, and this was interesting. Less the beast itself than the surrounding context. And welcome back to "There's Something About Omega."

[What kind of ray was the Empire using on the beast to neutralize it so easily?]

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This one started out trying too hard to be Alien. Throwing in some dull political scheming and lackluster kaiju action didn't make it any better.

21. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Yes, I loved Scorch again. Hopefully there's still room for him to change.

I wouldn't be surpised if the commandos had stronger chips or get frequent brain scrapes to keep them extra loyal.It's still really weird not to hear him cracking jokes and talking about abducting civilians instead.

The Zillo plot thread being resolved is so satisfying, it's a great time to be a clone wars fan.

22. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    She asked too many questions even back in the days, IMO, there is chance that she will be mentioned, but only as someone who disapppinted Palpatine and was terminated.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It will be interesting to compare the mandalorian to this show for the rest of the season. This episode was much more interesting which shouldn’t be the case a premier should be one of the best of a season.

anyway back to Bad Batch.

good follow up with the Zillo Beast after what over a decade?

Several good hooks for the rest of the season and beyond.

really looking forward to where they take this.

24. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    For a little while, thought the Zillo Beast was going to be something akin to a rakghoul.

clone commander bossk likes this.
  25. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Lama Su is going to get shot in front of Nala Sa is the vibe I'm getting