main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bad Batch 3.09 - The Harbinger - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Mar 26, 2024.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 3, 2024.
  1. 10

18.8%
  2. 9

20.8%
  3. 8

29.2%
  4. 7

16.7%
  5. 6

2.1%
  6. 5

6.3%
  7. 4

2.1%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

4.2%
  1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    [​IMG]

2Cleva and Sarge like this.
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    10 cause I give everything this show does a 10

3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    That they wont explain it, i could see it in Tales of the Jedi season 2

4. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Would you mind repeating that? ;)

5. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    I don’t think they’ll ever address it on screen.

6. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    At minimum a refference and explaination

7. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    I always call it how I see it, you know this

You were RIGHT and I was WRONG [face_laugh]

Bor Mullet likes this.
  8. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    What I think is going to happen is they’ll put out a comic or novel that will explain it and then never speak of DD on screen. I don’t think we’ll even see Quinlan Vos in future stories with Ventress either.

9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Quinlan Vos is important for their The Path stories and with Ventress. So we will see him with The Path in animation probably.

10. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Come to think of it... All this Mount Tantiss, looking for Omega business. Big hustle. Palpatine wants to become immortal. He knows Ventress was killed by Dooku, and she was dead for months, and now she's back, somehow. Palps should go straight to Dathomir and find Ventress instead. Oh, and someone should tell Anakin too. He should get Padme's body to Dathomir and resurrect her.

Bibliora and Sarge like this.
  11. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Hold on, I was on a phone call and didn’t catch everything you were saying. Something about me being RIGHT and you being WRONG? Please confirm.

Master Jedi Fixxxer likes this.
  12. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    As we saw here in this episode they don’t need Quinlan to tell Ventress stories, so he’s not really important. To the stuff with the Path, sure, but we don’t know that that is going to included in any future animated series. It could very well just live in books, comics and Jedi Survivor games.

13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    This was just a single episode with Ventress. And i think The Path are getting more important. Live action, game and such so far. They have teased Quinlan Vos here and there.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I gave it a 9/10 just because I like Ventress' character. To no one's surprise, of course Fennic's "mysterious" intel person is revealed as Ventress. She somehow finds their base and tracks them down; knowing about Omega's unique abilities. Nothing is revealed as to what she's been doing or where she's been (wasn't expecting any hint at the DD story but at least something regarding where she was after Order 66 and the Empire's emergence would've been nice. I don't recall her having any animalistic powers; I guess nowadays just about every Jedi or Sith can have that ability now. I guess, going by the shared Twitter feed's account, she likely won't be showing up again in the show. So it was nothing more than a tease. She mentioned that she "has a few lives left", giving some Easter Egg-like clue as to what happened to her. It's frustrating that it'll be a while before we get some clue as to what happened to her before this episode as well as what her fate is. For all we know, maybe we'll see a LA version of her in the Mandalorian era. Grab those torches and pitchforks while they're hot!

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  15. SyndicThrass

Sep 25, 2016
    From memory, they teased Quinlan in an episode of OWK and …a comic from a few years ago. I wouldn’t consider that massive evidence that Quinlan’s destined to headline the next major animated series, especially since they seem to be trying their best to ignore his last major canon appearance.

16. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Well, this episode was very pleasantly lit, such that I could see what was going on at pretty much all times. A few sections were pretty dark, but those sections took place in a cave so it was appropriately dark, and more importantly, it wasn't so dark that I couldn't see what was going on. So, overall, this episode was a big win.

That was my review of the episode.

As a side note: It would be so nice if these writers could keep the lore straight. Per TPM, Midi-chlorians are "in your cells"; all of your cells, not just your blood cells (and they certainly aren't extracellular, which is what "in your blood" would usually be taken to imply). :oops:

I'm guessing that the story how Ventress got resurrected will be told in a future book. She died in a book (I'm gathering--I haven't read it), so it would be appropriate if she was resurrected in a book. That way cartoon fans don't have to worry about that plot point. I guess book fans will also learn that way how she got to be in friently terms with Fennic. Nice to see Ventress again, by the way! That was possible because, you know, she was properly lit.

17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Not headline it but appear in it as. A recurring character. Ventress would healine it.

18. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I never wanted Ventress to die...but I would at least like and explanation (with a flashback) on why she is. I am assuming Something something something Nightsister.

I did like that she has her old style curved hilt lightsaber....I am assuming she simply built a new one. And I liked her new ship. Yet another ship that needs to be put into a new cross section book.

19. King_of_Red_Lions

King_of_Red_Lions Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 28, 2003
    Because midichlorians are organisms living within every one of those quadrillion beings. In our society, we’ve pretty much mapped the human body. We know which bacteria and such are living in us and on us. And we haven’t even developed technology like hyperdrive or a battle station capable of destroying an entire planet. I’d expect at least AZI-3 would know what a midichlorian is. He’s a med droid! He scanned Crosshair’s hand and diagnosed him with PTSD.

I suspect the explanation is something like you describe, that the general public wouldn’t have heard of midichlorians because only a Jedi would know about them, and I can live with that, but I’m still left scratching my head .

whostheBossk and Bibliora like this.
  20. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    I thought so as well, though my thoughts immediately went to his assassin training on Tantiss rather than force-sensitivity. It didn't happen, but for a moment I thought the fight with Ventress might draw out a "different" side of him, as in the way he described the clones who finished the assassin program.

Seerow likes this.
  21. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    We still don't know what Ashoka was doing during the OT

22. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    It may be that the assassin program just reprogrammed Crosshair to an extent just like it "programmed" the clones who completed the program. A major overarching component of the Clone subplot from TCW was training and experience vs programming. That arguably continues with The Bad Batch insisting they aren't good at following orders. The Bad Batch might as well bookend that as well.

Grimby likes this.
  23. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's better that way.

Riv_Shiel likes this.
  24. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    You're answering the issue yourself. "We know which bacteria and such are living in us and on us." OK, so can you (assuming you're a member of the general public and not a microbiologist) name a few of these microorganisms, without looking them up? Most people can't. We can assume it's the same in SW; ppl might be aware that there are microorganisms living in and on them, but they won't know what those are called.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I have no issue with all Jedi or even Sith being able to commune with animals. The force is in everything. So why should there be a barrier between them and non-self aware beings?