main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bad Batch 3.10 - Identity Crisis - Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Todd the Jedi , Apr 2, 2024.

?

Grade the Episode

Poll closed Apr 10, 2024.
  1. 10

30.0%
  2. 9

27.5%
  3. 8

25.0%
  4. 7

10.0%
  5. 6

5.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

2.5%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Episode 3.10!!
    Identity Crisis

-------------------------------------

Discussion of New Episodes - Rules
    (1) One of the mods will post each week's episode thread a day or two before it airs on Disney+.

(2) Official episode commentary may be posted in this episode thread.

(3) Discussion in the actual episode thread will be limited to that specific episode, NOT future episodes; past episodes may be referenced. Speculation based on released material is permitted.

(4) The Bad Batch episodes air on Wednesday on Disney+. Anyone who shares plot details about an episode before then must use spoiler tags. After that folks will begin discussing their reviews and thoughts without tags which will likely include spoilers. To anyone concerned about being spoiled before watching the episode it is your responsibility to avoid the thread until you have had your chance to view.

(5) All leaks and rumors must be spoiler tagged until they are either proven or disproven.

(6) Reviews for each episode may be posted once they have aired. One of the mods will add a grading poll to that episode's discussion thread.

the-bad-batch-310-highlights_article-feature_9b40c9b4.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 4, 2024
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The last thing I expected was a Kafkaesque story about standing in line all day at the Imperial Bureau of Records so they could all get new ID cards.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    this is where the fun begins

Count Yubnub likes this.
  4. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    I can't believe they had Captain Boomerang kill Jack Drake among other things. What hell is DC doing?

Bibliora, Foreign32567 and Sproj like this.
  5. Happy Sando

Happy Sando Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2023
    Well, if I remember my Star Trek, then Clone Force 99 are about to revive the Blue Man Group.

Sproj likes this.
  6. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Retconning all of Order 66 into a case of ‘it was all just a dream’ will certainly lead to a lot of identity crisis for fans, sometimes an episode can be too meta.

7. Sproj

Sproj Jedi Master star 4

Mar 18, 2019
    Simply phenomenal episode. I’m not giving away any spoilers but goodness me, they do such a good job of making the empire and especially Tantiss look horrifying.

Now on to spoilers:

-
    The Trandoshan I assume is Cid, sounds like she got her comeuppance
    - Those poor kids man, this era does not bode well for them
    - Will we see Grogu end up here?
    - And well I guess Bane left out an important bit of his work for the empire in TBOBF
    - And on that, what’s happened to the other kids he’s found?
    And I wonder what Dr. Carr is playing at

whostheBossk and Etav Byx like this.
  8. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    I really wish Scorch was not in this show. Straight up character assassination. Just use a generic commando. Not like it matters that it's Scorch anyway, other than fanservice.
    Otherwise, solid episode. Cad Bane still stealing kids all those years later, lol.

9. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Very bleak episode

Ody_Mandrell likes this.
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I have been wanting an episode like this since season 2. Thank god we got it

11. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    Also, screw this show for trying to whitewash Nala Se. It's almost funny how hard this show wants me to forget everything she's done, how instrumental she was to the success of Order 66 and Palpatine's rise to power, what she did to Fives and all the clones. None of it is addressed or even implied in the show. But she's close to Omega, and therefore she's the good guy now.
    "None of this was my choice."
    Yeah, right. The most honorable thing she could do would be suicide, as a realization of her guilt and to deny Hemlock her knowledge, and thus jeopardize Project Necromancer. She could do that once Omega escaped.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    you weren’t paying attention to this episode were you.

Emerie Karr literally says Nala Sa abandoned her. The only reason she is where she is is because of Hemlock. Both Nala Se and Hemlock suck. But Nala Se has had something called character development.

it’s obvious her like of other sentient beings has grown the longer she has had Omega. Especially after Omega was taken from her post order 66.

the show isn’t trying to gaslight you. The show openly admits she used to be a bad person.

Aah Fisto likes this.
  13. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    I was, thank you very much for your concern.
    Okay? How is this relevant to the fact that Nala Se seems to be completely oblivious to her actions, and has the gut to say "None of this was my choice"? Yes it was. All of it was your choice. When you decided to cover up the inhibitor chips, when you tried to murder Tup, when you drugged and gaslit Fives. All of it is her choice, that led us to where we are now. And no, there was no character development on Bad Batch. She literally blamed Empire for blowing up Kamino, as if the Empire would exist if it wasn't for her. She is always acting clueless, and doesn't have an ounce of self-awareness.
    Nonsense. Omega is supposed to be 13 or 14. Therefore, she existed throughout the entirety of TCW. S6 of TCW was like a year before Bad Batch. Therefore, she already had Omega, AND she did everything she did in the Fives arc. And Omega was not taken from her. She let her go.
    The show never did such a thing. Give me one example when it did. It literally never acknowledged her past actions. She is unambiguously a tragic figure in Bad Batch, but I absolutely don't give a **** about her, I don't feel an ounce of sadness for her, and I don't care that she cares for Omega, not one bit. If you need a palette cleanser, go rewatch the Fives arc again.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Okay

literally fundamentally disagree with you on this so nothing else to discuss here.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    Aah Fisto likes this.
  15. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Season One of Bad Batch adresse both her and the kaminoan governor involvement

Slater likes this.
  16. Force Nexus

Jun 22, 2022
    No, it doesn't. That's what I am saying. Give me one scene where her actions are being acknowledged. Give me one scene where she admits, "Yeah, that's all my fault." Lama Su actually vocally acknowledged that they empowered the Empire to their detriment — that happened. Nala Se never admitted her actions. They were never mentioned or acknowledged. Hell, this show had Rex and Echo meet, and Fives was mentioned as a throwaway line in passing. Nala Se is at all times acting like she's clueless, and the show always frames any scene with her like she's the victim, and the Empire are the real bad guys here. She's just as bad, if not worse. Stop trying to make me feel sad for her, I simply couldn't care less. She doesn't deserve any sympathy. And she would still work for the Empire if they didn't blow up Kamino. The only reason she did not cooperate in Season 2 is because "the Empire destroyed my civilization" — her words.

jedi_master_ousley likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Anyway I really hope we get a timeline on Emerie Karr. I really wonder when Hemlock previously worked with Nala Se. I assume it was before the clone wars started as I think that would be far more interesting,

JediMasterMark15 and Sproj like this.
  18. smudger9

smudger9 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2007
    Absolutely loved this episode. Serious Stranger Things vibes.

ShayaLothal, cwustudent and Sproj like this.
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I am starting to think that Emerie is more connected to Omega than we realize. I think Emerie and omega were created for the same purpose, but whatever Omega has worked for her, but didn’t for Emerie hence why Nala Se discarded her

ShayaLothal likes this.
  20. theorenwulf

theorenwulf Jedi Master star 2

Jul 12, 2015
    Good episode but very dark. Cad Bane apparently got forgetfull in his old age but I can live with that. Seems like Emerie might become an ally now, she always has been more of a victim. Cid getting her comeuppance would be nice, glad that nothing happened to Phee.

Overall 9/10

ShayaLothal likes this.
  21. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I rewatched the episode and I am pretty sure CX2 actually killed Cid

Ody_Mandrell and cwustudent like this.
  22. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I Hope this is not his only appearance, get one more appearance from Cad Bane.

23. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    This episode made me feel unwell... it was like if I was in it and I was the little force sensitive infant....thought I'd watch it on break at work, bad idea!
    Loved it but it hurt me too...
    ...then I said well there is a second one maybe it'll be less bleak... see you in the next thread...
    "Fun" set aside... great episode and great score also...

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh boy have fun!

ShayaLothal likes this.
  25. ShayaLothal

ShayaLothal Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 14, 2023
    Yeah that was kinda of a joke as I commented after seeing both both don't want to spoil anything ehehe
    Yeah so "fun"!