main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series The Bad Batch Season 3 Discussion

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    They can honour it and still bring her back, of course.

2. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 28, 2022
    Nah, Dark Disciple sucks because it furthered the damage to Vos as a character

cwustudent and Loopy777 like this.
  3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Also the trailer revealed Crosshair reunited with the Batch.

4. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Trailer looks phenomenal. Asajj is back, and I may or may not have literally screamed when she showed up. :p

5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Also we see return to Teth the monastry from the Clone Wars movie it seems.

6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Now if Rotta the Hutt can show up I’ll be happy

7. IG_2000

IG_2000 Force Ghost star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I suspect they’ll use this season to tie off a lot of random loose ends from TCW.

Zillo beast, Ventress, etc

Foreign32567 likes this.
  8. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I mean they are going back to Teth.

9. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    *sigh*

Somehow, Ventress returned. The Dark Disciple story and Lucas' intention at the time was pretty clear for her to be dead and that arc to be the end of her story. If it is indeed her, and not a clone or something, whatever is happening now - it is a retcon. There is no way she somehow lived, and Vos and Kenobi were not able to sense it, and it was never hinted at whatsoever in the narrative. We'll see where the story goes, but that leaves a sore taste in my mouth. Filoni just can't help himself.

At least Tech seems to be dead. (Or is he...?)

Still hoping for the rest of the Delta Squad to appear, or at least tell us what happened to the rest of them. I hope Scorch is not just a walking easter egg, whose only purpose in the story is for the few people to recognize him.

Other than that, looks pretty solid.

10. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Already mildly excited at the trailer until that glimpse of Ventress. Yeah, now I'm anxious.

BB3 Trailer

In addition to the Batchers, now scattered following the events of Season 2, the trailer includes some new creatures and familiar faces, including Wanda Sykes’ Phee, and ends with the shocking appearance of fan favorite Sith-apprentice-turned-free-agent Asajj Ventress. “We love Asajj Ventress. She’s a character that we’ve been wanting to tell more stories about,” Brad Rau, supervising director and one of the executive producers of the series, tells StarWars.com. And he makes clear that her return will honor prior tales, including the book in which the character apparently perished. “We don't want to spoil anything, but want fans to know that any new storytelling with Ventress will align with the events of Star Wars: Dark Disciple.”

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  11. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    Least Tech actually is feasible to bring back considering we don't see his body.

12. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Hope that it means that such nice people as Nuvo Vindi, Lok Durd and Whorm Loathsom will return as well.

SeparatistFan likes this.
  13. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    No, he's really not. He fell from the mountain height with the giant train cart falling on top of him. There is no feasible way to bring him back unless Ezra Bridger pulled him into the World Between Worlds ([face_sick]). And they shouldn't bring him back, because that would greatly undermine Season 2 and render all the consequences and stakes null and void.

Cos Palpatine likes this.
  14. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    Or Slick

15. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    The original rebellious clone, he was right after all.

16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Still kinda a **** though

LedReader and Foreign32567 like this.
  17. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Also seems like Wolfe is on Mount Tantiss, could he be the one to save Omega and Crosshair?

18. Ghost Ryder

Ghost Ryder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 16, 2016
    I'm interested more for plot and overall experience than for character, but Ventress is a surprise and it'll be cool to see both Fennec and Cad Bane again.

Maybe a set for Ventress in TOTJ?

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Master Jedi Fixxxer

Master Jedi Fixxxer Force Ghost star 5

Oct 20, 2018
    Unless.....

The second half of TBB Season 3 is focused around the Asajj - Quinlan Vos storyline, and the main retcon is that they still have her be sacrificed to save Quinlan Vos, but this time she dies from Palpatine's lightning instead of Dooku's, and a few years removed :p

The main strokes of the story will still be there, just not the specifics.

20. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Seems possible that he will be on the side of good guys this time.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Considering this is the last season, I wonder if Boba will make an appearance and meet his long lost sister.

22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Nah if it’s setting up anything it’s Ventress appearing in live action

23. clonegeek

Oct 28, 2022
    Rewatching the trailer and the clone with the flamethrower at 1:23 is Fireball.

24. Verbal21

Verbal21 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 5, 2011
    Are you guys really shocked they'd retcon Asajj's death from a book when the very first scene of this show retconned Caleb Dume's origins?

I thought it was common knowledge that any media, not animated/live-action, were just placeholder stories until a director wanted to overwrite said story? Come on, guys[face_laugh]

Loopy777 likes this.
  25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Plus. TCW season 7 and later TOTJ contradicted Ahsoka. This isn’t that shocking especially when you know they have wanted to bring her back for years. And have been thinking about it since at least 2018