main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub The Chewbacca and Han Solo Fan Club

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Rainbow Knight Star, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Sorry....havent been on in awhile. How is everyone?

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I'll join the club, Han Solo is one of my all time favourite characters, and Chewbacca is awesome too :D

3. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Hi, Chewbacca89! I haven't been here (in this thread) in a while either, and unfortunately DRL might be keeping me off the JCF for the next couple of weeks, but I'll be back when I can...

Hi Pearlsaber and Jordan1Kenobi! I think new members are asked to state their favorite Chewie/Han moment(s) in order to join, so feel free to share them:D

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
  5. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    Jordan1Kenobi Yea! You're here! Welcome to the club. Feel free to grab a Chewie and Han pillow and have a seat. Please, tell us about your favorite Han and/or Chewie moments in the films.

Not only are Chewie and Han awesome, but so are you, Jordan.

:D

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  6. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you, I'm glad to be here :D

Alright, here's some of my favourite Han and Chewie moments, there's just so many to choose from!

Han Solo:
    • Flying in at the last minute to save Luke and shooting Vader's ship, not many pilots would be able to do that!
    • His smart quotes throughout the trilogy, like: Leia "I love you.", Han "I know." Brilliant.
    • I liked it when he accidentally managed to defeat Boba Fett, the most successful bounty hunter in the galaxy, when he was blind, but at the same time I didn't like it because I thought Boba could have gone out in an epic fight scene.
    Chewbacca:
    • Seeing him help Yoda escape Kashyyyk with Tarfful was pretty cool, and I really like how they included him in ROTS.
    • When Han saw an AT-ST walking towards him and he thought it was Imperials, then Chewie popped his head out.
    • I also liked the interactions between Chewie and C-3PO, especially in TESB when Chewie had to carry him around and put him back together.

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  7. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I loved when Chewie and the Ewoks stole the AT-ST!
    That was brilliant.
    I also liked when the Ewoks started moving while Chewie was climbing in and he roared at them. Then the Ewok was petting his fur.

8. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Great moments!

New topics coming soon.

HanSolo29 You are sorely missed. Come back soon.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm here! :)

Sorry for the lack of posting - been distracted with the Episode VII forum/news and I've been quite busy with several projects.

Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  10. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I never got even one PM apply ing for Vice President of this club. That's okay, because I am giving you all another chance. July 31 is the next deadline.

:)

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    I would, but I don't really have time to write an essay, but I'll see, I don't think it'll take that long.

Anyway, who thinks Han and Chewie will be in the new animated TV series, Rebels? I hope they are, it'd be great to see how Han and Chewie met, and how they became successful smugglers.

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I think they may make an appearance. At least, it seems very likely given the timeline that it's supposed to take place. In terms of the show explaining how they met and became smugglers, that may be reserved for the spin-off films, if the current rumors end up being true. If they are, it'll be nice to see a story centered around Han and Chewie, but on the other hand...I don't think I will be able to get around another actor portraying Han Solo. To me, Harrison Ford IS Han. I really don't know how I would receive a film like that since one of the main reasons I became a Han fan was because of Harrison's performance.

Hitchhiking-Ghost, Pensivia and Giovs like this.
  13. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm not sur I could accept another actor playing Han either, H29. However, more backstory on Chewie and Han sounds like a great idea.

14. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    I think I'll join here.
    HAn's my favorite character. :D

15. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Hello, and welcome, Giovs. Glad to have you in this group.

What are some of your favorite Han moments from the films?

16. Giovs

Giovs Jedi Master star 3

Apr 29, 2013
    Thanks!
    Movies only?

From ANH: His conversation with Jabba, trying to convince the Imperial officer that everything was all right in the detention cell, running after the Stormtroopers in the Death star, blasting Tie Fighters with Luke in the Falcon, saving Luke in the Trench Run and winking at Leia after he recieves his medal.

From ESB: Saving Luke "That's two you own me, Junior", pretty much every scene with Han and Leia arguing, the asteroid field chase "They would be crazy to follow us, wouldn't they?", and the carbonite freezing scene.

From ROTJ: Imprisioned with Chewie, trying (and failing) to take out the Scout Troopers "quiet-like", being hugged by Ewoks, blasting Stormtroopers at the Battle of Endor and the ending scene.

17. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Giovs Excellent! Chewie and Han are quite the pair.

:)

18. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Question/Topic:

Which planet would you want to live on, and why?

Corellia or Kashyyyk

I'll take Kashyyyk, because I love nature, and Wookiees.

19. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    After playing The Old Republic, Corellia seems to be quite an unsafe place to be, but then again, it's probably more like Earth than any other planet, and even though Kashyyyk seems like a safer place, living in villages in the wild would be a huge difference than what I'm used to, so based on these points, I'd chose Corellia.

20. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Jordan1Kenobi I thought you might. You seem to be someone who enjoys a great deal of action.

Jordan1Kenobi likes this.
  21. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Yes, one of my very favorite little Han details too!

I agree with HanSolo29 and RKS--I would find it extremely difficult to accept any other actor playing Han. Even though I do enjoy the SW Radio Dramas overall, it always irks me to hear Perry King doing Han's lines in those audio plays. Maybe if it was the type of story with a _very young_ Han (i.e. as a kid or an older teenager at most) covering things that happened before Han's adult life that might be acceptable if the actor was well chosen (sort of like the scene in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade where River Phoenix played a kid version of Indy), but obviously that seems like then he would be too young to figure into any kind of a good story (though I'm totally ignorant with what has been done with Han in the EU, so maybe there would be some kind of story possibility there after all).

One thing that might be neat (if it worked for a future movie set in the right time period like a spin-off) is if they could have Harrison Ford act the part, but digitally make him look younger--if anyone saw the film The Curious Case of Benjamin Button a few years ago, they did this with Brad Pitt because his character aged backwards in that movie. For the scenes where he was supposed to be about 20 years younger than his actual actor age, they digitally altered him and even though IIRC it was a short scene with low-key lighting used (probably making it more convincing), I remember thinking in the theater that it was a pretty convincing effect and that they made Brad look in that scene just as young as he did in his first big break-out role in Thelma and Louise. And I would imagine that the technology to "de-age" an actor digitally has only gotten even better since then.

So, my question for the other Han fans in this club--what would you think of that possibility? Of course, I doubt that at his age, Harrison Ford is that interested in doing much more than wrapping up the Han character for good by appearing in Ep VII, but a girl can dream, can't she? :p

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  22. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Rainbow Knight Star said:
    Welcome to the second SWC New Official Yoda Fanclub Writing Contest.
    This contest is open to all JCers; not just club members.

Contest Rules:

1. JC TOS and Rules are minded here. Please, remember this while writing your story.
    2. 2. The theme is Yoda and Chewbacca. The word limit is 5-001000, Please PM all entries to the YFC President, Rainbow Knight Star.
    3. The fics will then be posted in a Fan Fic thread in the SW Fan Fiction Forum, in the hope that it will increase the YFC's popularity, and bring more attention to the group and its thread. All Jcers will PM their votes for their favorite story to the Prez. Contestants may not vote for their own story. If they do, their vote will not be counted. The deadline for story entries is June 30, 2013. Voting will begin on July 1 and end on July 3. The winner will be announced on the 4th or 5th of July. In the case of a tie, the president will ask a JC staff member to cast the deciding vote via PM.
    Let the fun begin!

I look forward to reading the SW related entries. Please, feel free to ask questions, voice concerns, and make comments.

Rainbow said there was only one entry so she is extending the writing contest until July 31.​

The competition is light so everyone get you pens out and write about our favorite alien.[face_tee_hee]

Frank put me up to it.​

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    It's an interesting concept and it has come up numerous times over on the Episode VII board. Everyone seems to be using Tron: Legacy as the basis, but so far, the feedback has been very negative. I can't comment either way as I have not seen the film (it's on my Netflix queue!), but I do have my own reservations about it. I just don't know how realistic it would be and if they can't get over that first hurtle, than I rather they not do it at all. I also can't see Harrison Ford agreeing to such a thing...then again, stranger things have happened.

One thing I would not be opposed to is if they used Ford in a bookend fashion at the beginning and end of the film to bring it full circle - sorta like they did for the Young Indy series. I think that would be the only way I would accept seeing another actor in the role of Han Solo.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Pensivia like this.
  24. Pensivia

Apr 24, 2013
    Thought I'd put a plug in here for the writing contest voting which is going on now for the two fanfic stories on the theme of "Yoda and Chewbacca." If you haven't read them yet, check them out at posts #2567 and #2579 in the Yoda Fan Club thread (2nd story was reposted to improve the formatting so it's easier to use the 2nd post to read that one). They are very short stories, so there's no big time commitment required....If you need further persuasion, here's a message from our beloved Chewie:

[​IMG]

Translation: "PM your votes now to Frank T. !"

Rainbow Knight Star and Lea-El like this.
  25. Rainbow Knight Star

Apr 18, 2005
    Just to let everyone in this club know, voting for the Yoda Fanclub Fan Fic Writing Contest is closed.

I would like to have one in this club sometime in the future. How manny of you think you would be interested in entering such a competition?