main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Comic Book Draft Episode VI: Return of the Multiverse

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by BartSimpson-SithLord, Mar 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    It is? That's an outrage. Join my draft. Isis

2. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Good match Durron. You definitely did more with that team than I think anyone else would've been able to do. And for a bag of misfits, you definitely took them pretty damn far.

I hate to say it and take credit away from my GM skills, but boy, did I get lucky this draft. Extant and Zemo both turned into absolute powerhouses by the end, something they weren't judged to be in the last draft. Something definitely has to be done about them, Hourman, and any other time travelers that we have around here. I used Yak's breakdowns from last draft quite a bit, as they were the easiest form of research and the least time consuming.

I guess what I've learned is it pays to make a team out characters a judge loves. Works every time. :p

And damn Shadow, 2-0 against you now. Sure both victories came with some... rather extenuating circumstances, but still. Wow. I know I'd be embarrassed. :p

Looks like the 3rd place is going into teams, and I have no idea who should win. Seems like a very close battle.

3. Shadow_of_Durron

Shadow_of_Durron Jedi Knight star 6

May 2, 2003
    Yep, good job, Zizzles. Congrats, bro.

Still... this is very interesting. [face_thinking] Assuming Isis gets the win here (which she should in a really sweet battle), that leaves Nim vs. Doomsday, which I think I could also very easily argue (though I won't). So, wow, if I'd bothered to defend both Hourman and Etrigan, I could very possibly have taken this down before teams. C'est la vie.

4. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Hm... Well, Nimrod certainly comes up with stuff faster than Doomsday evolves... But Doomsday has so few weaknesses... It's not impossible for Nimrod I suppose, but I dunno that even the likeliest option for Nimrod, a disintegrator, would work. Really a matter of opinion though, about what Nimrod's capabilities are in terms of raw power.

5. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Juggs said (at the time, of course) that he'd never been hit harder. And Nimrod has next to no weaknesses himself. Certainly none that Doomsday could exploit. And... here I am arguing a match that I said I wouldn't.

6. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, no one's (at least not me) arguing Nimrod isn't strong. You really think he can physically hurt Doomsday though? Juggernaut I'll admit has more durability than Doomsday, but it's not like Nims really hurt him at all. And Doomsday definitely will be all up in Nimrod's grill much faster than Juggs. I dun think Nims has a respect thread...

7. Shadow_of_Durron

May 2, 2003
    Eh, sure, I'll bite a bit more, I guess.

Beat Doomsday in a slugging match? No. Be able to hold him off long enough to figure out a way of winning that's not so direct? Absolutely. Nim's got versatility in this match, and he has it huge. I think Doomsday's already been beaten the same way that Nim knocked Juggs out with the sonics, so that particular road is out. But just in that same battle, he displayed extremely fast adaptability, and only retreated when Rogue absorbed multiple powers, which confused his... whatever. Mutant sensors, I guess. Not something that'd happen with Doomsday. Doomsday has strength, yeah. Doomsday has speed, yeah (Though I don't care what what's-his-face said, he is not faster than the Flash. No way, no how. That was nonsense.). Doomsday has durability, yeah. But Nim has all that as well. And shields to augment his durability. And a whole mess of ways to cause damage that don't have anything to do with swinging his limbs around. And as a machine, fatigue will never become a factor. Even Doomsday's prone to getting worn down and winded eventually.

And... blah, blah, blah other stuff. I'm done.

8. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    It would have to be a mental attack, I think. If Doomsday can shrug off the Omega Effect (stupid, but apparently he can) then I can't see any physical attack working really.

9. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Brainiac has tried mental stuff on Doomsday...

OMEGA EFFECT???
    You mean Omega Neglect?

10. Dom_Perignon

Dom_Perignon Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Moving along. Isis takes it against Holo.

11. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    COWBOY BEBOP BABY WHOOOOOOO

12. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    Championship Final

Shi-Ar Conference Champions:
    Don Cherry Strikes Back: The Suits (5)

VS.

Krypton Conference Champions:
    At Least We Have Chicken (2)

Third Place game:

WereWolf Women of the S.S. (4) vs. Mental Domination (3)

And the location for both: The Great Salt Lake Desert

The last number of the draft is [b]Six[/b].

[b][hl=green][color=yellow]Champsionship[/color][/hl] [hl=blue][color=red]Game:[/hl][/color][/b]
    [b]Location: The Great Salt Lake Desert[/b]
    [color=skyblue]Doomsday[/color] vs. [color=darkblue]Nimrod[/color]

[b]Third Place Match:
    [color=yellow]Captain Marvel[/color] vs. [color=purple]Metamorpho (Prepared)[/color]

13. -Ace-

-Ace- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2002
    S for the wisdom of Solomon As Captain Marvel, Billy has instant access to a vast amount of scholarly knowledge. The wisdom of Solomon also gives Marvel clairvoyance and provides him with counsel and advice in times of need. In early Captain Marvel stories, he had knowledge of all languages, ancient and modern, and could hypnotize people as well, through this power.

H for the strength of Hercules Dubbed "The World's Mightiest Mortal", Captain Marvel has incredible amounts of super strength, able to easily bend steel, punch through walls and lift massive objects. Marvel's strength is enough that he can hold his own against beings such as Superman or Wonder Woman.

A for the stamina of Atlas Using Atlas' endurance, Captain Marvel can withstand and survive most types of extreme physical assaults. Additionally, he does not need to eat, sleep, or breathe when in Captain Marvel form.

Z for the power of Zeus Zeus' power, besides fueling the magic thunderbolt that transforms Captain Marvel, also enhances Marvel's other physical abilities, provides physical invulnerability and resistance against most magic spells and attacks, and allows for interdimensional travel. Marvel can use the lightning bolt as a weapon by dodging it and allowing it to strike an opponent or target. The magical lightning has many uses, including creating apparatus, restoring damage done to Marvel, or acting as fuel for magical spells.

A for the courage of Achilles Like the wisdom, this aspect is primarily psychological, and gives Marvel superhuman amounts of inner strength from which to draw.

M for the speed of Mercury By channeling Mercury's speed, Captain Marvel can fly and move at supersonic speeds and, in space, supersolar speeds.

14. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Doomsday

And as to the second one, I think Marvel wins this one. Metamorpho does have a nice advantage with prep
    but I think Marvel outclasses him here.

15. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    So, Captain Marvel is not going to breath? And how is Marvel going to harm Metamorpho?

smh @ Metamorpho hate combined with Iceman "mist form" love.

16. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Well, I would think harder but championship match is over and who really cares who takes third place? Besides, he got the people I'm leaning towards anyway.

Agree with Minch

17. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    That makes it official, Zizz is our new champion. And our 3rd place winner is -Ace-. Congratulations to everyone on a job well done. =D=

I would also like to thank all the judges , and backup judges, who put much time and consideration into their job. Thanks again for all the hours you put toward this draft. :)

Now, as has been discussed in the "Let's Talk About Drafts" thread here in Census, this draft is taking a little bit of a break. Now, I'm assuming that the Myth draft will finish before Animated, which means we'll start after one of those two drafts finishes. However, if those take too long, we'll be starting again on January 22nd.

As for other business, it is time to discuss a few things.

1. Additions.
    2. Drops.
    3. Promotions (of the to the PL variety)
    4. Demotions (of the off the PL variety)
    5. A possible All-Star Draft (Inty, I'll leave that topic up to you, since you would be commishing it.)
    6. ???????
    7. PROFIT!

As for Additions: I really think we needs us some Invincible on the list.

18. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Congrats, Zizz.

19. MandaloreYak

Sep 29, 2004
    Let's get rid of the PL altogether. It's irrelevant.

Oh, and I think there are steps we could take to keep Dr. Strange but I say Takion, Onslaught, Extant, and Hourman should go. The other people with time in their powers (Surfer, Zemo etc.) can probably stay and just not be allowed to do anything time-related since it's not really an important power in their arsenal anyway.

20. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm really struggling with these colours. It's harder than I thought. So for now, I'm whatever I am. Later on, I'll be more ridiculous looking, which should mean more than a whole lot of people. Anyways, wow. Never mind. Dooooooooooood.

21. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    Haha, nice colour match with the icon there, Zizz'zzkins. =D=

Congrats again.

22. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    I'm not really feeling it. I think I'll change it up.

23. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    That looks like vomit.

24. Zizz

Zizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2005
  25. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Jun 17, 2005
    I was talking about that white and neon green combo. [face_sick]

Thread Status: