main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Solo The Darth Maul Cameo

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Darth_Voider, May 23, 2018.

1. Blackhole E Snoke

Blackhole E Snoke Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 26, 2016
    Urai Fen is a Talortai, not Ishi Tib. The Dryden Vos concept artwork published in The Art of Solo, shows versions of Vos that are very similar to the Talortai. I spoke wrong before though, the bird/reptile was one concept, not a final decision. https://screenrant.com/solo-movie-dryden-vos-concept-art-alien/

By the way, Forces of Corruption also featured Han Solo and Chewie, taking Urai to Kessel in the Falcon, and a prisoner riot/escape was started during the mission. A coincidence that the same thing happens in SOLO?

La Calavera likes this.
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Yes, it was one concept. And the final concept before the reshoots was a half man, half lion look. So while I suppose Urai Fen may have been an inspiration for some elements of Vos’s possessions, it’s a very slight connection. And there’s certainly nothing wrong with taking some inspiration from those sources and incorporating that into Vos’s possessions.

3. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    True, but I just don't like how he said those possessions point back to Maul and Filoni. Give the original EU sources and characters some respect and actually name them.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Kasdan was responding to a specific question about Maul’s reveal seeming like a cheap stunt, and was therefore talking about how Maul’s appearance was actually foreshadowed/ hinted at before the reveal. In the name of the criminal organization (Crimson Dawn), in some of Vos’s possessions, and with Teras Kasi, which came to be associated with Maul in the EU. In that context, there’s no reason for him to mention those other EU sources and characters. The answer is about Maul. Plus, he may not even have known about those references you’ve identified. I’m a super fan, and I missed the Xixor and Urai Fen references, for example. Might be something just a few of the concept artists were aware of.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Sudooku, wobbits and La Calavera like this.
  5. DarthTalgus

DarthTalgus Force Ghost star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    So the possibilities are low but I want to see Cassian going undercover inside Crimson Dawn while secretly communicating with Enfys Nest in the Cassian Andor Live action series

Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  6. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Jyn Erso will become mad about it. But maybe she's still or already in jail. Just another pre-love story.

7. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    Why would she become mad about it? She first met Cassian in R1 and she did not have a crush on him.

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk

8. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016
    I really do not want any links to Crimson Dawn, Maul, or Rainbow Nest in the Cassian spy tv series.

Crimson Dawn should no longer exist once Maul is left, stranded on Malacore.

Lt. Hija likes this.
  9. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    A Cassian Andor live action series... At first I thought it to be just another spin-off wish like so many others here.
    Second thought: Cassian Andor... a Mandalorian? Then I did remember the time line of that series.
    Now I found the thread to see it's true.

And I wished Disney would make amendments to cancel all the spin offs and give Ray Park a live action series to follow SOLO.

10. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'd far prefer a Maul series over Cassian. Can you imagine the draw, especially among the younger audience? A spy thriller about Cassian will probably be popular among the OT era crowd, but I'm not sure it will pull the younger audience - Maul would likely cause a massive intrigue. Of course Maul would be more expensive, requiring the main character to wear makeup and prosthetics and additionally, voiceovers for all scenes. Disney probably wanted to go cheap.

Vorax likes this.
  11. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    OT era crowd is the key word here. It seems, that Disney did not have learnt much from its latest mistakes, one of them to neglect the PT- and the TCW crowd. What comes next: An Enfys Nest live action series to feature a female heroine too? (of course entirely human, but redheads sell, don't they?)

12. Darth_Voider

Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2015
    This is why we didn't get any notable PT character in Solo. It is the same reason why we will never, ever get a return of the TCW series with brand new episodes.

Oh, wait....

Gesendet von meinem SM-T580 mit Tapatalk

El_Machete12 and Davrum like this.
  13. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    So wait ...

The appreciation of the PT in SOLO I feel very clearly, for instance, while Maul is called a cameo in a Star Wars Film while he is an integral part of the SW universe at all.
    And of TCW we will get 12 episodes out of app. 32 lost and 8 unfinished ones.

14. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    Didn't CW also bring in the highest ratings for any SW animation? You'd think they would capitalize on a character like Maul. The cameo was cool, but it didn't really hit the mark, because it was never expanded upon in other media, and I doubt Solo will have a sequel. I think there is an entire generation of kids that grew up with CW that would like to see some of those characters in future media.

15. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I think it’s highly likely that Solo will be succeeded by a TV series which will function as a sequel. Most people said we would very likely never see the characters of Rogue One again, and here we are with a series about Cassian Andor. There’s no way LFL leaves things hanging after that Maul reveal. More Solo adventures are coming.

A spy thriller set in the GFFA has the potential to reach prestige-level TV, ala Game of Thrones, and become hugely popular (with both critics and audiences) and profitable. Especially with an award-winning actor and creator like Diego Luna. Whereas a series about a horned demon crime boss with a laser sword likely would not reach such a level. That said, I think (and hope) we’ll get followups to Solo on TV. Just not with Maul as a protagonist, and not at the expense of possibly more prestige TV offerings.

Why is that a low probability? Given the time period overlap, that seems quite likely.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  16. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    [​IMG]
    ^ That's the last I remember from the Darth Maul live-action and have nothing but ambivalent feelings regarding Maul's appearance in SOLO (especially bearing in mind that he'll be dead soon in REBELS).

I consider the cameo a wasted opportunity. IMHO arc-wise it would have better to feature a younger Snoke to provide this character at least with some past history.

Davrum and Blackhole E Snoke like this.
  17. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I expected his original legs with a robo body and a robo head.
    I think they missed an opportunity here
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  18. Darth Vader's Chest Plate

Darth Vader's Chest Plate Jedi Master star 2

Mar 18, 2013
    This would be amazing - especially if Baymax's character was used!

Bor Mullet and Darth Smurf like this.
  19. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Back to reality.

[​IMG]

El_Machete12, Darth Smurf and themoth like this.
  20. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Cool! :)

Vorax likes this.
  21. Blackhole E Snoke

Apr 26, 2016

[​IMG] I have been informed that this is the model of toilet that Maul was using in Solo.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  22. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    They kinda have to complete the aftermath of Solo in some way. Curious to see what form that takes.

Bor Mullet and Vorax like this.
  23. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    It’ll happen on TV. I’m almost sure of that.

Sudooku likes this.
  24. Sudooku

May 31, 2014
    Maybe in the Cassian Andor series.

25. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think Maul and Crimson Dawn will be seen again in live-action, but not necessarily on the big screen.