main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

The Fanfiction Interview Thread - Current Interview: Vehn

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Feb 6, 2020.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard FFoF Artist Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Nov 22, 1999
    @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    In the GFFA, what would be your occupation and favorite thing to do to relax?
    I think I’d be an archivist or researcher. Jedi librarian, perhaps :D To relax, I’d probably create some art on my datapad, watch travel and nature documentaries of all the exotic places and creatures in the Galaxy, and on special occasions catch an opera at a gorgeous theater like the on in RotS.

Do you like roller coasters?
    No, I’ve never really been fond of them. I was always a little too short to ride the big coasters as a kid (and I had a heart condition), so I never got into them then. I can do some of the smaller, tamer coasters like Disney World’s Big Thunder Mountain, but not the type of coasters with big drops and loops. For the most part, thrill rides scare me more than they make me feel exhilarated.

Favorite place you've been on vacation & the place you'd most like to travel to, circumstances allowing?
    Hmm, well, my favorite vacations are have been cruises. I love them because I actually have time to relax in a beautiful setting, and have some incredible food. There’s lots to do, but if you feel like it, or you can just sit on deck and watch the ocean. And I usually get some time to hit the spa and have some quality relaxation time (and, man, I could really use some of that right now… :p). Circumstances allowing, I would love to visit some of the places in England and Germany that my family is from.

One that meant a lot to me was @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 commenting “I ship it!” about Wren and Kaz. I had been feeling discouraged because at that time I had so many ideas for the two of them, but the stories I’d been posting weren’t getting much traction—an OC and lesser-known EC pairing is a hard sell :p—so that affirmation that someone else out there cares about them too gave me a much needed lift. I’m not sue I ever told you that @Cowgirl Jedi 1701 , but thank you! [:D]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2021
  2. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
  3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you to @Raissa Baiard for a fun and insightful interview!=D=

Next up, we have the endlessly amazing @Findswoman[face_dancing]

Edit: This interview will be conducted in a slightly different format than usual. So please see post #880 for more information on the format for this interview. Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture and why?

What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

If you could change something in SW, what would it be?

What SF technology that have not appeared in SW would you like to see appear?

Fandoms beside SW you are part of/follow?

What kind of food pie do you prefer? Meat, chicken, cheese, ham & broccoli or something else?

devilinthedetails likes this.
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Oh, whoopsie! My memory is so bad. :oops:I forgot that for @Findswoman's interview we were going to do things a little differently.

Each person was only going to ask one question of @Findswoman at a time so she would have more time to answer each question.

So, from here on out, please limit your questions to one at a time for @Findswoman to answer.

And at @Gamiel, if you could please pick one question from the above post for @Findswoman to answer in this round, that would be appreciated. Thank you!

As an example of the format, I will change my initial question for @Findswoman to:

With Thanksgiving coming up, what are some of your favorite Thanksgiving foods and traditions?

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Kahara and Findswoman like this.
  6. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Okej.

Favourite non-human species beside gands and why?

7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Thanks, @Gamiel, and sorry for the confusion caused by my bad memory[face_blush]

8. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Who would win zuckuss or bossk?

9. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much, @devilinthedetails ! Thank you for all your hard work running this thread and for all the wonderful things you contribute to the boards, and an especial thank you—and everyone else here—for accommodating my request for only one question at a time. As a harriedly busy full-time-working mom, I appreciate that immensely. :)

Well, as you know, I'm very fond of the Lasat, partially because I really loved Zeb in Rebels and partially because they, like the Gand, also have their own native Force tradition. And of course since there's not a lot established about them in canon, they're prime raw material for fanon! :zeb:

It would depend on what they're doing. In a knock-down, drag-out physical fight, probably Bossk just in terms of physical strength, but at more cerebral pursuits like chess or Scrabble or pub trivia, more likely Zuckuss. In a race piloting their respective ships, probably Zuckuss also.

10. clone commander bossk

clone commander bossk Ostrich Velocity Expert star 5

Nov 5, 2019
    Bossk V zuckuss scrabble [face_laugh]

Book of boba fett make it happen!

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Findswoman ... [:D]
    When crafting original characters, do you draw out the details of their history first or their personality, and how did the amazing Shulma unfold?

12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What draw you to gands?

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  13. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    The history and personality of a character are intertwined for me—they tend to develop in tandem when I’m working on OCs! In the case of Shulma, my starting model was Chava and the kind of mysticism she practices, which in turn led directly to the studious, spiritual aspects of her personality, and thus toward her being a personality foil for the more action-oriented Zeb but with the same underlying values. Which is just the kind of relationship I tend to like! <3

I think a lot of it was a combination of the Findsman tradition and the very unique naming and self-reference practices, which I saw and said, “Hey, these would be really interesting to write about!” :D And of course I find their idiosyncratic biology fascinating, too, but cultural aspects are what tend to draw me in the most with any species.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What fictional culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

15. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Do you think cats should wear cute hats? Why or Why not?

EDIT: Oops, sorry @devilinthedetails, brain was on auto-pilot-copypaste-not-paying-attention mode!

Last edited: Nov 5, 2021
  16. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Thank you to everyone for continuing to participate in this thread and keeping it alive. Can't believe we're on page 36!=D=

@gizkaspice Just as a heads-up we will be conducting @Findswoman's interview in a slightly different format than usual with each poster asking @Findswoman one question per post to give her more time to respond to our questions. So if you could pick which question you would like @Findswoman to answer in this round, that would be awesome. Thank you:)

17. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Do you get inspired by real life events?

18. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Thanks so much for the questions, people! :)

First of all, @devilinthedetails, I’m very sorry that I missed your initial question—I totally didn’t see it until just the other day! My d’oh! [face_blush]
    Ooh, great question! Well, I have to say that I fond of any kind of roasted fowl with a nice spice rub, possibly even brined, is something I look forward to around this time of year. We often make a turkey breast in my family because there aren’t many of us, but I’ve done this with regular turkeys and with capons as well, and it’s scrumptious whatever one uses. My mother and I also make apple pie and pumpkin pie—apple pie to be the dessert of the main meal, and pumpkin pie for breakfast. :)

Hmm… possibly the D’ni from the Myst series of games, for the way they can write entire worlds into existence through books. I could see that being a Force tradition and/or ability of sorts.

I think that whatever I personally think about it, the real question is, would the cat him- or herself tolerate it? :p I doubt my own ginger tabby fellow would—though he does have a cute little blue and green plaid coat he wears if we take him out to walk in cool weather.

Like, in terms of writing? It’s hard to tell, but I would say probably not often, because I like to use writing as an escape from real life! But when I do borrow from real life, it’s more likely to be things from my own personal life, or even just feelings I’ve had (for example, Shulma being all nervous and stressed out about her studies and responsibilities in Light of Lasan) than large-scale current events. (Not sure I want to write any pandemic or quarantine stories, for example! :p )

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    gizkaspice, Gamiel, Kahara and 3 others like this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    @Findswoman [face_laugh] I will keep my food-centered questions down to 1. ;)

What is your favorite dessert/sweet snack?

20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What real life culture would you like to see used as an inspiration in SW and how?

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  22. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh man, this is a tough one, as I have a definite sweet tooth! On the sublime end, I love a good vanilla or devil’s food cake. On the ridiculous end are Trader Joe’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups and York Peppermint Patties. And in the middle somewhere, ice cream—especially of the chocolate-chip-cookie-dough variety!

(By the way, I love food questions, so do feel free to ask more!)

This is a hard one, too, because it can be a slippery slope adapting a real-life culture wholesale into a fandom environment like Star Wars. (That said, I have heard the Mandalorians described as Space!Polynesians, and I can see it!) I guess for now I’d say it would be interesting to see Jewish elements, customs, and/or practices integrated in a respectful and non-stereotypical way.

Yes, I had a few, mostly rabbits and bears of sundry sorts. I ultimately became more of a doll person than a plushy person, but I have fond memories of those bears and rabbits, and I think my mom may even still have a few of the rabbits (like the one made of quilt fabric, in a dress, who was called simply “Rabbit Woman”).

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
  23. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Fandoms beside SW you are part of/follow?

25. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    What do you think of the orange loth-cat in the Mandalorian? Is this Millicent's ancestor?