main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE
  2. ATTENTION: All leaks and rumors MUST be spoiler tagged. Information from official sources or the big trades do NOT need to be tagged

TV Discussion The Future of Star Wars on TV

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Current and Future Shows' started by ThatWanFromStewjon, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jedi Master Frizzy Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I hope they move on, but they i fear they wont yet. If they do dark times stories. Do Hidden Path. We have gotten clone stories and Rebellion stories. Only missing is jedi stories.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Uh…Rebels? Kenobi?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  3. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Animation team only done stories in dark times era. Kenobi is dark times and so is Rebels. At least Hidden Path will be different from Bad Batch.

4. Bibliora

Bibliora Jedi Knight star 3

May 24, 2023
    The Dark Times equal The Empire Sucks. I want to see how the Jedi Order was founded. Sorry, that's supposed to a film. Or better yet, what led up the fight between the Jedi and the Sith, culminating in the epic battle on Malachor.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
  5. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think any jedi vs fight in Old Republic will be movies. Tv shows can cover what happens in between. And there is 20 000 years between birth of the Jedi and sith. Old Republic dont come until the Jedi are 5000 years old. Malachor happens in the old Sith Wars thats in the 5000 - 1000 years before the Skywalker saga.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    An almost completely untapped era of the timeline is between TPM and AOTC and yet it could be very interesting to explore. The build up of the Separatist crisis, Obi-Wan and Anakin’s early years, the beginning of Palpatine’s manipulation of Anakin and how that all started, the political intrigue that led to Palpatine staying in office past his term, Sifo-Dyas and the clone army, Count Dooku, etc.

7. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    The Clone Army is. Being made by TPM at least as we know Sifo Dyas was killed weeks before. But a show between both movies, we could see Jango Fett as he continues on as Bounty Hunter but also lives on Kamino as a resident. He looks like Fives if the holo of Kamino arc is to go by

Happy Sando likes this.
  8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I would definitely love an Obi-Wan/Anakin early years show, with more of their friendship and banter that was shown in TCW. I would also like to see included correspondence on the Holonet between Anakin and Padme, and a side story of Padme sending Sabe to Tatooine to try to free Shmi. We could also see Sifo-Dyas going to Kamino, and Jango Fett being hired, and the Senate asking Palpatine to stay past his term.

Something mentioned a few pages back: a Ventress and Vos team-up. I had in mind that I didn’t want them meeting on screen at all, but a Dark Times team-up of two grey characters with no pretense of romance would be even better.

9. Reepicheep775

Reepicheep775 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 27, 2019
    One of my favourite aspects of The Bad Batch is the era of the early Empire, so I do hope we get more animated shows in this time period. I'm honestly not too picky on subject matter. This show, and Season Three, in particular has earned a lot of good will from me, so as long as the same creative team is involved, I'm open to whatever story they want to tell. I just love the vibe of this era. The dystopian sense of a hopelessly powerful adversary. The synthwave music. Separatist holdouts. An Empire with proto-stormtroopers, V-Wings, Venators etc. Getting another show would reduce the sting of The Bad Batch getting what feels like a premature ending.

I for one am not sick of clones since they are one of my favourite things in Star Wars. But I also have a lot of other favourite things in Star Wars, so some variety wouldn't hurt. A Hidden Path show is possible, but I think I'd rather they keep that on the periphery. I don't need Jedi in the Dark Times. They are supposed to be "all but extinct". An Asajj/Omega show seems the most likely. They could also do a Boba show, but that might be too close to The Mandalorian. Come to think of it, a show about Mandalore before, during, and after the Purge could be cool, or even just an arc of another show like the Ryloth arc in The Bad Batch. Mandalorian culture still seems not as fleshed out as it could be, and this could be the place to do it.

Either way, I hope it happens because Star Wars animation is some of my favourite stuff.

10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think this, or a series set between ANH and TESB would be the way to go.

Sarge and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  11. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think an animation show just after ROTJ that last until the Mandalorian. Would be great as we see the creation of The New Republic. With Leia Organa and Mon Mothma. See people like Hera helping literate Imperial Worlds. see what Luke Skywalker does after The OT.

12. clonegeek

clonegeek Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2022
    Do you guys think it was always the intent for the Batch to get their own spin off show back when they were first created during the Clone Wars?

If so, I'm curious if they would try to actually do that Youngling spin off they wanted to do.

cwustudent likes this.
  13. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    When season 7 was coming out yess but not before. I hope we see the younglings again. Gungi is safe so far. Maybe a show about them no as successful.

14. Force Nexus

Force Nexus Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2022
    Nothing indicated that. They were just guest characters, George's take on Republic Commando, nothing more.
    There's no point. They already have Young Jedi Adventures.

15. The Chalk Jedi

The Chalk Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 2019
    I love this idea but it begs the question, who are you planning to play young Anakin? If Hayden, would it cost too much for LFL-Disney to give the Go?

16. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Matt Lanter or someone younger voice him as i dont think you do it live action.

The Chalk Jedi likes this.
  17. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    This. I still can’t believe we haven’t gotten anything between ANH and ESB. That gap is so interesting to me. I think not least as the galactic impact of the Imperial reaction to the destruction of the Death Star has so much dramatic potential, including that of people and worlds potentially blaming the Rebellion for the Imperial crackdown.

Sarge and Riv_Shiel like this.
  18. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Do you read any comics at all. They have been covering the OT time period ever since 2015. Even if you don't like publishing material as much as an animated show it would still be something to scratch that itch if you are wanting to see stories in that time period.

Honestly as far as animation goes I think Filoni has made it pretty clear he prefers the pre-OT time period. And not that I blame him for staying away from the OT as Star Wars fans would be extremely picky about what Luke, Han, and Leia were doing during that time period.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2024
  19. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    I think Filoni's prefers Prequel era, dark times and whats happens next post ROTJ. No doubt he loves OT. But he wants to tell stories before and around the OT.

And i doubt Filoni's wanting to touch where the comics are covering. Its think if its an issue of a comic or pages in a book. But there over 100 comics now covering The OT. The best wish that could happen if want to use OT Characters is post ROTJ animation.

20. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Filoni also is more interested in the characters he has created than he is someone else's characters. So I think even if there was going to be an OT show it would mainly focus on brand new characters and Luke, Han, and Leia would have about as much to do with it as the movie characters did in Rebels and the Disney Plus live action shows. Anakin and Obi Wan being main characters in TCW was a Lucas mandate. If Lucas was gone at the time TCW started Anakin and Obi Wan likely would have had little to do with the series.

Sarge and Fredrik Vallestrand like this.
  21. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I want a Star Wars show that explains where the opening crawls end up

Count Yubnub and DannyD like this.
  22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    So everything he’s done up to this point? If he does post-ANH/pre-ESB next then will you add that to the list of things he prefers? :p

23. Jedi Master Frizzy

Jan 15, 2018
    Lol, i think Rebels is as close he will do to the OT. And besides Filoni wants to use his characters that live from The Clone Wars and up to New Republic era. Its one of the reasons i dont think he is abondoning dark times era in animation

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    If they were up your--

Never mind.

25. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Did you read the title of this thread?