main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Books The High Republic: Convergence by Zoraida Córdova

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Todd the Jedi , Feb 11, 2022.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Sinre Edit: Also nope.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2022
  2. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Sinre Edit: Nope.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2022
  3. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    Anyway moving on,

I know this era is kinda about a more free thinking Jedi order, but with the two pink sabers I’m kinda wondering if the Jedi on the front cover is a wayseeker.

Last edited: May 30, 2022
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If the book has half the melodrama of the reactions to a joke about its blurb it is a lock to win the Pulitzer.

She sorta resembles Rey.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Got notification from Barnes and Noble that the release date for this has been pushed back to 11/15/22.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  6. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    The character on the cover is the Jedi Knight Gella Nattai according to Del Rey.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  7. AvarandElzarsittininatree

AvarandElzarsittininatree Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2021
    Am I going to be able to ship her with some blonde dude and head canon her into being Avar Kriss's great great grandma???

On a more serious note I am surprised they aren't having an adult novel kick off Phase II.

And don't at all mind a months delay. I already have a few books to catch up on and there are still two more Del Rey books to be released before this one comes out

Last edited: Jun 6, 2022
  8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Eh? This is the adult kick off novel for Phase II.

9. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Yeah but Path of Deceit now comes out two weeks before this book (November 1st). Perhaps they will all have separate stories for the most part in this Phase so reading order isn't that important but for instance in the first wave in Phase I all the books talked about the Great Disaster but you really had to read the adult novel to get a thorough idea of what the Great Disaster actually was.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Plenty of time for furher schedule bumps.

11. PimpBacca

PimpBacca Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2015
    We have a blurb!

Jedi Ben and JediFett10 like this.
  12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Must resist the temptation to post a Father Ted image.

Hmm, has the cover also been confirmed now?

As to the info, this is the first HR one that I'm more ambivalent on. The dual chancellors sounds intriguing though.

13. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    The most interesting part of the synopsis for me. IMO, Jedi playing detective is a little overused concept these days, so I hope that there will be enough focus on the conflict itself, including the usage of Spiral-class Viz-Core Eviserator model ships and maybe
    the participation of major powers, like the Hutts or Czerka, in prolonging the war via arms dealing.

gat-65b, JediFett10 and MercenaryAce like this.
  14. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah. I kind of wish the jedi were playing negotiator more directly rather than detective, but in any case the conflict sounds interesting.

Also interesting that they are going with a marry the heirs thing, since the worlds have monarchs of different species from what I remember, though Pantorans are near human so I suppose they could be compatible. Actually, given of what we know of the worlds later on I wonder how successful the investigators will be...

Foreign32567 likes this.
  15. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    IIRC, by the time of flashbacks in Into the Dark they were at odds, but not in open conflict. My guess is that marriage will fail, but the war itself will be stopped.

MercenaryAce likes this.
  16. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Yeah, that makes sense. Kind of an interesting middle ground there, possibly something of a bittersweet ending.

Though, looking on the wook, apparently Midnight Horizon mentions there being a war between the two planets around the time of the Battle of Jedha, though I suppose that could still be before the protagonists get there, or it could start but end quickly thanks to the protagonists.

Foreign32567 likes this.
  17. gat-65b

gat-65b Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 13, 2022
    Like others have mentioned, not sold yet on the premise as presented in the blurb. Sounds a little too YA novel to me. Too broad a term I know but usually a greater focus in those on interpersonal relationships vs intricate worldbuilding (Note, I am just going by the Star Wars stuff I've read as that's my only experience with them).

Certainly sounds like Phase II is starting with a smaller focus vs the calamitous happenings of the Phase I adult novels. Hopefully, also as others have indicated, I will be surprised and we will get deeper dives into intergalactic relations between the various powers as that's where my interest lays. A couple hundred years ago should present some different challenges for the Republic. Also as this is the first in the series, it kind of has to give us a lay of the land type scenario. I will keep my mind open and also await the pre-release author interview for this one before pre-ordering methinks.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2022
    Foreign32567 and Jedi Ben like this.
  18. Foreign32567

Jun 4, 2021
    Also hope that the conflict will not be eventually stopped via Republic using its own armed forces to stop the participants. Struggling with dealing with local conflicts was one of the major complaint with both late Galactic Republic and New Republic in EU even by in-universe characters, so I hope that it will not turn out that the Republic at its peak used methods similar to the Empire's ones.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    In this case I think it's a fair link to make. Not least as her previous work was the ST tale A Twist Of Fate.

Doesn't mean it cannot work fine, as Claudia Gray has done both YA and adult SW books.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Thank you, I knew this sounded familiar. It's now been so long since I've read "Into the Dark" I forgot this was in it.

21. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Just got notification that release date has been pushed back to 11/22

22. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I’m not even sure I’ve preordered this. Lolz

Vialco likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    SpeedyHen preorder will go active only at the two month before mark.

24. AvarandElzarsittininatree

Nov 13, 2021
    Uh oh. Did they not get it to the printers in time?

I'm going to have to wait one extra week to read how Axel says 'You could be mine' to the young Jedi.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022
    Vialco likes this.
  25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It’s on my Audible Wish List. Just need to wait for a better month to preorder it.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2022