main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga The Isolation Log: Diary of a Lost Rebel [OCs; humour/drama] Update 12/23 Days 50-52

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Idrelle_Miocovani, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Not sure how I missed THIS! But please put me on the PM list. This is wonderful!

=D=

2. angry_bendu1

angry_bendu1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2007
    Oh my goodness this is sooo hilarious![face_laugh] Please add me to your pm list!

Oh, you little liar. You little astromechy liar.

Ha! My favorite line so far. This just struck me as super funny.:p

Thanks![face_peace]

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Thumper09: [face_laugh] Oh yes, tribute to Life, the Universe and Everything. Yay for Douglas Adams! :D You get cyber cookies for noticing that. :p

Glad you liked the SQUAWK, STARE thing. I wrote that and went -- it's so stupid sounding, but it's so Keri. :p

Jyn was a good guy for Kerigan, but there were some... complications. I'm sure Keri will write about that later. ;)

And yeah -- Daddy Bird wouldn't be too thrilled either! [face_laugh]

Serena: You're welcome! [:D] Glad I could make you laugh.

VaderLVR64: Awww, thank you! :D I've added you to the PM list. :)

angry_bendu1: You're added! Glad you like it -- and yeah, the astromechy liar line is my favourite too. :p

Thanks for reading, everyone! [:D]

4. Dev_Binks

Dev_Binks Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 7, 2003
    Very very nice Drelly. One of the few fics I've seen recently that'll keep me back for more. :p

And would you PM me or remind me when you update it?[face_batting]

5. bobafett15

bobafett15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2008
    O.M.G so funny=D= LUVD it. SUPER FUNNY! i think u shood b nominated to wahtever awards this site has. Really funny. When i picked the story off the list, i didn't realize u rote it. What a co-inky-dink. Super funny. But it stopped at the end of the bird dying, and that kinda bummed me out. ANYway, finished some of the NEW FIC. Read it soon, and tell me what u think. Am i being to officious? srry if it sounds like im ordering u. wood u add me to ur PM list? btw, what does PM stand for? permanent member?

6. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Dev: Thanks! :cool: [face_peace] I'll add you! :D

bobafett15: Thanks for the compliments! PM stands for "Private Message." If you request a PM, it means that I'll PM you when I update this story to let you know that I've updated it. :) Let me know if you want that PM or not.

And now, a small update.

[b][i]Day Sixteen[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #87
    Entries Left: 13
    [i]Time: 1601[/i][/b]

Today was particularly productive. Sort of. At least, where thoughts are concerned. And that counts for something, doesn?t it? Basically, it started like this:

It was raining when I woke up. I?m beginning to hate rain. I?m beginning to hate being wet. Actually, delete that ? I [i]do[/i] hate being wet and I [i]do[/i] hate rain. Yeuch. I?m tired of being so wet that I?m likely to stay so sodden my skin will go all wrinkly. This planet likes rain, I?ve realized. It has like a love affair with rain. It never stops [i]raining.[/i] No wonder the plants here are so ginormous and everything. Maybe I?ll move to Tatooine after I get off this slimy rock.

So, I started thinking. Why not build a shelter? I have an R2 unit who?ll be able to cut through some of the wood ? if I can find non-wet wood ? so I?ll probably be able to scratch something together and keep the rain [i]off.[/i]

Once the rain stopped (which was really late in the afternoon) I went looking for wood. I found some and piled it up on the beach. Tomorrow I?m going to start building something. Or, at least, Aree is going to start building something. [i]I[/i] can?t cut through wood. In the meantime, I?m going to look for some more birds? eggs and this time, I?m not going to run into any more Pink Furies.

(I hope).

[b]Entry #88
    Entries Left: 12
    [i]Time: 1859[/i][/b]

I found three eggs! Lucky me! And all my ration bars are gone!

Oh? I have a really, really bad feeling about this. Welcome to starvation, Keri. Maybe there are some plants that are edible. Problem is, I don?t know what is what!

[hr]

[b][i]Day Seventeen[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #89
    Entries Left: 11
    [i]Time: 1347[/i][/b]

WHEN YOU RETURN FROM FROLICKING IN THE JUNGLE, YOU WILL READ THIS NOTICE. [b]I. AM. NOT. A. WOODCHOPPER!

Entry #90
    Entries Left: 10
    [i]Time: 1549[/i][/b]

So, basically, Aree?s not thrilled with me right now. I had him cutting wood all day long while I looked for food. Well, a girl?s got to eat [i]somehow.[/i] I didn?t meet anymore Pink Furies, but I found this really odd looking thing. It?s like half-reptile, half-bird. It?s orange and yellow and it has pink wings and is really funky looking. I don?t like it.

I think it?s the pink wings.

It followed me home.

[b]Entry #91
    Entries Left: 9
    [i]Time: 1643[/i][/b]

Great. I have a pet now. The Funny Thing That Followed Me Home is curled up by my feet.

It has fangs.

Should I be worried now?

[b]Entry #92
    Entries Left: 8
    [i]Time: 1909[/i][/b]

I just noticed this and I think I might have a slight problem developing: there?s a rash on my hand. I?m not sure how it got there and it?s getting really itchy and it?s making my skin look weird. It?s all? bumpy and yellow and red.

Um? I don?t think this is good.

[b]Entry #93
    Entries Left: 7
    [i]Time: 2023[/i][/b]

Rash is getting worse. Maybe because I only just noticed it and am now watching it. It?s really, really, really itchy! Ugh! Where?s hand lotion when you need it? I wish this datapad came with those little facey things that express your emotions, because I could really use the ?Face That Is Disgruntled? one right now. Itchy!

On the up side, Aree finished cutting wood. We can start trying to build the shelter tomorrow.

The Funny Thing That Followed Me Home just slinked off. I wonder where it went. Hopefully it went away for good.

[b]Entry #94
    Entries Left: 6
    [i]Time: 2208[/i][/b]

Well, I just got woken up by the Funny Thing That Followed Me Home. It was staring me in the face and its eyes were crossed. It was kind of creepy.

I hate this planet.

But it brought me a present. At least, I think it?s a present. It?s a rodent of some kind. I [i]think[/i] it?s edible. At lea

7. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    That sounds like some sorta pet she's got there. And that poor R2 unit. :p

8. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    LOL! [face_laugh]

This story never fails to make me laugh - thank you, Idri! [:D]

- Serena [face_coffee]

9. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    I wish this datapad came with those little facey things that express your emotions, because I could really use the ?Face That Is Disgruntled? one right now.

Look something like this? [face_frustrated]

:p

Great update, and looking forward to the next![:D]

10. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Heh heh, I think the parts about flying are my favorites in the HHG series, and considering how many total pages I have dogeared because of a cool line on it, that's saying something. ;)

Aww, cute little Funny Thing (FTTFMH)! And hey, if it's bringing presents then it's at least somewhat useful, as long as it doesn't use its fangs to go after her. I hope Keri has enough wood to build it a little FTTFMH House in her new backyard. (Sorry, I acronymize everything.)

Ew, that sounds like an annoying rash. With all the new factors being introduced every day in Keri's environment, it could be caused by anything (though I do have a personal, wild guess for its origin, LOL).

Great update! :D

-Thumper

11. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
  12. JediMasterAmanda

JediMasterAmanda Jedi Master star 5

Sep 7, 2005
    cool story. I just love the Funny Thing That Followed Me Home. [face_laugh] it's so sute and adorable. I want to hug it! XD

*is thinking that she may be a little crazy* 8-}

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    I am reading too slow. :oops:

Poor pink birdie, maybe it shouldn't have gone 'SQUWACK':p
    And it's edible, though maybe causing rashes....

So, it has like taken her two weeks to figure she could build a shelter?o_O
    Go, Keri. At least, she did think of it in the end.

Aree is not a woodchucker?:eek: Who would have thought?:p
    And she's got a hunting pet. How very conveniet. Let's just hope rat tastes better there than here.[face_laugh]

14. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Finally caught up :D

Poor Keri, having to fend of the Pink Fury. It's probably the cause of her weird rash. The Thing That Followed Me Home sounds awfully cute, though [face_love]

I adore Aree :D

Not very many entries left!! Hurry up and write more, I'm on the edge of my seat :p

15. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    I'll get to the replies tomorrow. Right now, I need to post and then go to bed. :p

[b][i]Day Eighteen[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #95
    Entries Left: 5
    [i]Time: 1203[/i][/b]

This morning, I worked on setting up a shelter. The FTTFMH brought me another rodent. I cooked the first one it brought me for breakfast. It was okay.

Rash is getting worse.

The FTTFMH keeps crossing its eyes. It?s getting creepy.

[b]Entry #96
    Entries Left: 4
    [i]Time: 1609[/i][/b]

I have splinters in my hands. I finished working on the shelter a couple hours ago, but the frakkin? thing left splinters in my hands! I?ve been trying to get them out, but it hurts like hell. Ow, ow, ow?

The FTTFMH is staring at me. It?s whirring.

I wonder what it wants?

[b]Entry #97
    Entries Left: 3
    [i]Time: 1959[/i][/b]

Shelter collapsed while I was taking a short nap. Oh boy.

The FTTFMH brought me another rodent.

[hr]

[b][i]Day Nineteen[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #98
    Entries Left: 2
    [i]Time: 1757[/i][/b]

I spent all day working on getting the shelter back up. So now, with Aree?s help, it?s fine. I think it will stay up and not collapse on me during the night. Hopefully it will withstand strong winds as well.

In other news, the rash has begun to spread up my arm. Yeuch. I really don?t know what caused it.

In other, other news, the FTTFMH keeps staring at me. It?s a really odd thing. It?s like it?s trying to guess when I?m hungry or not, because it keeps bringing me rodents. I just wish it would show me what plants are edible, ?cause I?d [i]really[/i] like to eat something that?s rodent-free.

Honestly, who wants to live off of rodents for the rest of their lives? Not me.

[b]Entry #99
    Entries Left: 1
    [i]Time: 2205
    Time Edited: 2235[/i][/b]

I made a big fire. It?s nice and warm. Aree?s trundling around on the sand. He?s still not happy with me. Stupid droid.

STUPID HUMAN.

Oh, look, you?re back.

THANKS TO YOU, I HAVE SAND IN MY GEARS.

Oh, go cry me a river! Of? of gear oil or something!

You have sand in your gears. What a great surprise. We?re on a beach. Well, I have SPLINTERS in my hands from re-setting up the shelter today and let me tell you, that hurts a lot more than sand in your gears!

THERE IS NO NEED TO BE INSULTING. I CAN HELP YOU TAKE THE SPLINTERS OUT.

[b]Edit:[/b] It would be great not to have Aree twerp at me every day. Stupid droid. At least he got the splinters out, but now his ego?s inflated. ?Look at me, I?m the astromech droid who can act as a medic! Woohoo!?

Oi.

Let?s just hope my hands don?t get infected. That?s the last thing I want, since I?ve still got this horrid rash.

Oh look, there goes the FTTFMH. I wonder what he wants?

16. Dev_Binks

Aug 7, 2003
    Wow you know rash+strange animal+splinters=no fun for stranded person. But it means funny for us! :p Good as always, Drelly.

17. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    LOL! I love Aree's spunky attitude!! Thanks for updating!

- Serena

18. angry_bendu1

Apr 15, 2007
    Aw, poor Kara. Sounds like things are rough.:(

But I want one of those lizard things. He... uh, she... it:confused: is so awesome![face_dancing]:p

Great update![:D]

19. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    ~*~Old Replies~*~

Dev: That sounds like some sorta pet she's got there. And that poor R2 unit.

It's a good pet. [face_love] Yeah, poor Aree. He's getting pretty beat up and not liking it at all. 8-}

Serena: Glad I can make you laugh! [:D]

angry_bendu1: Look something like this?

Oh yeah, that's the one! :D But if she had access to it, then she'd probably use it non-stop! :p

Thumper09: Heh heh, I think the parts about flying are my favorites in the HHG series, and considering how many total pages I have dogeared because of a cool line on it, that's saying something.

Isn't Douglas Adams great? :D

Aww, cute little Funny Thing (FTTFMH)! And hey, if it's bringing presents then it's at least somewhat useful, as long as it doesn't use its fangs to go after her. I hope Keri has enough wood to build it a little FTTFMH House in her new backyard. (Sorry, I acronymize everything.)

:eek:

You used the same acronym I was going to use (as yo can see in the latest post :p )! 8-} That's funny. :D Acronyms are good. :cool: I'm not sure if the FTTFMH needs a house in the backyard, but maybe Keri will make one. [face_thinking] :p

Ew, that sounds like an annoying rash. With all the new factors being introduced every day in Keri's environment, it could be caused by anything (though I do have a personal, wild guess for its origin, LOL).

Yeah, rashes aren't good at all. Not fun.

Tatooine_Ghost: Thanks!

JediMasterAmanda: cool story. I just love the Funny Thing That Followed Me Home. laugh it's so sute and adorable. I want to hug it! XD

Thanks! :D Glad you like the Funny Thing That Followed Me Home. :p It might be cute, but watch out -- it does have fangs. ;) I wouldn't suggest hugging it.

MsLanna: I am reading too slow.

[:D]

Poor pink birdie, maybe it shouldn't have gone 'SQUWACK' tongue
    And it's edible, though maybe causing rashes....

Maybe Keri has an allergy to them. :p

Aree is not a woodchucker? shock Who would have thought? tongue

Multi-purpose astromech droid. :p

And she's got a hunting pet. How very conveniet. Let's just hope rat tastes better there than here.

[face_laugh]

Convenient, as long as it doesn't bite her or anything. :p

Nat: Finally caught up

[face_dancing]

Poor Keri, having to fend of the Pink Fury. It's probably the cause of her weird rash. The Thing That Followed Me Home sounds awfully cute, though

It has fangs. [face_plain]

I adore Aree

So do I. He's fun to write, little astromechy liar that he is. ;)

Not very many entries left!! Hurry up and write more, I'm on the edge of my seat.

I updated because you asked. :p

Thanks for reading everyone! [:D]

20. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Poor Keri; splinters suck.

Fangs or no fangs (hey, some people have pet snakes) that thing is so sweet, bringing her food [face_love]

Only one entry left to 100!! If I bother you to update again, will you? :p

21. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    You used the same acronym I was going to use (as yo can see in the latest post :p)!

LOL! Does that mean I'm starting to think like Keri? Should I be concerned? :p

The FTTFMH is staring at me. It?s whirring.

Hopefully the meaning behind the whirring is similar to what's behind a cat's purr. Of course, my cat is sitting on me now and purring while digging his claws into my skin, so...

The FTTFMH showed up soon after the Battle of the Pink Fury, huh? I wonder if there's a connection or if it's just a coincidence...?

Oh, go cry me a river! Of? of gear oil or something!

LOL!

I'd be a little nervous about having an astromech as a medic given their typical repair approaches, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. ;) Splinters would be nasty. Hopefully that shelter will stay up now.

Great update! Congratulations on your award noms! :D

-Thumper

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Dev: Thanks! :D Glad you're enjoying it, even though Keri's not fond of her adventure at all. :p

Serena: LOL! I love Aree's spunky attitude!! Thanks for updating![/i]

With Keri and Aree in the same place, the poor planet has almost too much spunk residing on it at the moment. :p

angry_bendu1: Well, this is an ATSQ (Absolutely Terrifying Survival Quest) after all, things are supposed to be rough! :p Glad you like the FTTFMH. :D

Nat: Splinters are painful. Especially ones that you can get from fiberglass... stay away from tents that have fiberglass poles. They suck.

Fangs or no fangs (hey, some people have pet snakes)

[face_shame_on_you] I've been bitten by my cousin's snake before. He owns five adults and is still trying to sell the 20-something baby cornsnakes that were born last year. Snake bites are not cool. :p

that thing is so sweet, bringing her food

Yeah, it is nice of it, isn't it? My cousin's snakes would never bring me food. :p

Thumper09:
    LOL! Does that mean I'm starting to think like Keri? Should I be concerned?

Hmm... are you stranded on a desert island, by any chance? ;)

Hopefully the meaning behind the whirring is similar to what's behind a cat's purr. Of course, my cat is sitting on me now and purring while digging his claws into my skin, so...

Aren't animals fun? The FTTFMH probably doesn't have too much to do with Pink Furies... unless, of course, it eats Pink Furies... or Pink Furies eat it...

I'd be a little nervous about having an astromech as a medic given their typical repair approaches, but I guess beggars can't be choosers.

Yeah, that's one thing she's finding out very quickly, considering what she gets to eat. ;)

Splinters would be nasty. Hopefully that shelter will stay up now.

*crosses fingers*

Congratulations on your award noms!

Thank you! [:D]

Thanks for reading, everyone!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved it!

I made a big fire. It?s nice and warm. Aree?s trundling around on the sand. He?s still not happy with me. Stupid droid.

STUPID HUMAN.

Oh, look, you?re back.

THANKS TO YOU, I HAVE SAND IN MY GEARS.

Oh, go cry me a river! Of? of gear oil or something

[face_laugh] =D=

24. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The FTTFMH keeps crossing its eyes. It?s getting creepy.

Creepy but cute! I hope.
    Can't yopu put some vowels between those letters, they make my eyes water. [face_hypnotized] How about Fattafemah, Fatty for short.:p

I?d really like to eat something that?s rodent-free.

Why? You forgot your ketchup or what?:p
    You can try something and hope not to die? How's that sound?[face_batting]
    Aree seems to be another astromech with a stubborn personaltiy. I hoep he doesn't try out any unwated medicine on Keri, that might end bad...

25. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Kim: Thanks! [:D]

Lanna: Creepy but cute? :D I love that thing! Creepy's good. :D

Can't yopu put some vowels between those letters, they make my eyes water. hypnotized How about Fattafemah, Fatty for short.

[face_laugh]

I'll see what I can do. :p

I don't think Aree will try any unwanted medicine, unless he wants to enter a medical profession all of a sudden. :p

[b][i]Day Twenty[/i][/b]

[b][i]Day Twenty-One[/i][/b]

[b][i]Day Twenty-Two[/i][/b]

[hr]

[b][i]Day Twenty-Three[/i][/b]

[b]Entry #100
    Entries Left: 0
    [i]Time: 2248[/i][/b]

When I said that I would die when I reached my 100th entry, I wasn?t being serious! Honest! But someone seems to think I should have. These past three days have been living hell and I?m surprised I?m even here to tell the tale. If it wasn?t for that log that washed up on shore a couple days ago right when I was running out of driftwood, I don?t know where I?d be.

I?d hate to hear what the guys would say if they could see me now. Wes would probably have some kind of wise-crack joke about Rebels vs. Imperials that would last for days? weeks? months? Ugh.

Okay. Here?s what happened. I?m starting to wonder if I should even bother writing it down or not, but if this is going to keep me from going insane (which is becoming a very likely prospect), then why not?

Three days ago, I went to the river to re-stock my water containers. I was just minding my own business and everything when all of a sudden I?m staring into the face of some random guy whose standing on the opposite bank. I swear I did a double-take ? another person [i]here?[/i] Not possible, right?

Wrong.

For a moment, I swear I thought I was hallucinating, ?cause the guy has red hair. I could have sworn it was Jyn and therefore I [i]had[/i] officially gone crazy ? probably too much sun and not enough sun lotion ? I KNOW sunburn?s bad for you! ? but then he started talking.

Well, more like gurgling in horror or something. I also noticed at that point that there was no possible way he could be Jyn because of his skin colour.

Anyways, I asked him who he was, but he didn?t answer. [i]Then[/i] I asked him what was so shocking about a long-haired, sun-tanned girl filling up water containers.

He just stood there and stared at me. When he finally recovered, he did the last thing I expected. Thank the stars and everything all mystically and Force-energy for the water container, even though I lost a lot of water that day.

The guy shot at me. No idea where he got his blaster, but the bolt hit my water canister and it broke apart.

Filthy Imperial!

I?m getting to that.

I was so shocked by the shot that I screamed, lost my balance and kind of fell into the river. He shot at me once more ? or maybe it was a couple of times, but missed because the current was carrying me away and I was out of range pretty quickly.

Thank the stars.

When I finally managed to climb out of the river, I made my way back ?home.? Aree wasn?t very happy to see me. He kind of twerped at me and rolled away. Then something fell on my head. I looked up at the tree.

The FTTFMH was dropping dead rodents on my head.

Yeuch.

And that was encounter number one.

Encounter number two didn?t occur until a day after encounter number one.

Two days ago I got chased out of my ?home? and adopted a stalker. I spent two harrowing days in the jungle, sans Aree, armed only with sticks and barely sleeping for fear for my life because that Imperial was running through the jungle with his blaster, looking everywhere for me.

Not only are Imperials very good pilots (they shot me down and that?s why I?m here in the first place!), but they also make excellent stalkers. They must go to Stalker School or something, that?s why everyone?s afraid of the Empire. I?ve never been so afraid in my life (except when they shot me down). The only good thing that came out of it is that I learned how to climb trees very well. I?ve got it down to an art. I should start a How to Climb Trees School once I?m out of here.

But I?m getting distracted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.